Where do you think you go when you die?

Go down

Where do you think you go when you die? Empty Where do you think you go when you die?

Post by spongebob562 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:55 am

This is a thread where you can post some paragraphs or your thoughts on when you go when you die. This may be hive but I don't know. I thought of this by watching 20/20. It was about a man who had no brain activity and was in a coma. The man says he went to heaven. He said a guide was helping him, guiding him. But after seven days, he came back to life. He was adopted as a child. He found his birth family but his sister died before he met his family. After his coma, he finally saw a picture of her. It was the same as the guide. Same exact girl. So what do you think about this? But now is my opinion. What I think, is that your spirit has to go somewhere. When you die, you may lose complete memory of your past life. Maybe you stay in heaven, you keep your memory. If you don't, you lose all memory of your life. You start a new one. Human or anytime, or a different animal. Of course, your body has those habits that you never started. It makes you curious. Maybe those can be from past lives. Guardian angels you can me meet, your dreams come true. Some people may not believe in heaven, not even the guy I mentioned. So if you don't like the heaven part where do you think you go? If not heaven, I think your spirit leaves the body, but where does it go? It goes to the only place it knows, home. That might be why a house can be haunted. How would you like if people moved into your home, but you can't do anything? If you were murdered, you can haunt that murderer and make sure he regrets what he did, and make him suffer. I remember, you make think I am crazy, but I was young. I was floating in my home. I went into a room, and a boy was playing games. My spirit went into his body and I gained control. That is what I remember. Maybe just a dream, but I have remembered from all my life. I also remember seeing black, and pictures, that I don't remember, were there to inform me about this life. How do you guys feel about all of this?
spongebob562
spongebob562
Mmm Cake
Mmm Cake

PSN : spongebob562

Back to top Go down

Where do you think you go when you die? Empty Re: Where do you think you go when you die?

Post by Chaosdreams on Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:28 am

I think death is simply an eternal sleep with no dream. Just nothing. When you die, that's it. Course there's nothing wrong with thinking otherwise.
Chaosdreams
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

Back to top Go down

Where do you think you go when you die? Empty Re: Where do you think you go when you die?

Post by quackerzacher on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:04 am

REQUEST MOVE TO DEBATES
quackerzacher
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

PSN : quackerzacher

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:13 pm

Oh, interesting...

This is definitely a debatable topic so it's been moved to the debate section.
0CTAVE
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

https://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrEpic on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:37 pm

Growing up Lutheran I'm led to believe in heaven and hell, so I'll stick with that.
MrEpic
MrEpic
PACL Champion
PACL Champion

PSN : MrEpic1

Back to top Go down

Post by spongebob562 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:10 pm

It is just so mind dazzling it is amazing! No one REALLY knows where you go when you die. Humans have been puzzling about this for years. That is why there is so much room in the world for assumptions.
spongebob562
spongebob562
Mmm Cake
Mmm Cake

PSN : spongebob562

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:25 pm

Greek Underworld would be awesome.....unless you went to tartarus....or fields of punishment......or anywhere that isn't Elysium
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

Back to top Go down

Post by sdprimetime33 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:53 pm

To think it's just an eternal sleep IS just...dismissive. Lol Of course you are entitled to that opinion, but life would be pointless just to live to go to sleep for eternity. Lol I'm gonna believe in heaven.
sdprimetime33
sdprimetime33
Sticker
Sticker

PSN : sdprimetime33

https://www.facebook.com/seth.dennis.3

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:51 pm

Isn't live pointless enough? Its just a nature cycle. Do cats go to an after life? Or pigs or zebra. No they are in bbiblical terms tools. Animals. we just evolved higher. We aren't special. We get the same nothingness as everyone else
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by sdprimetime33 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:43 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:Isn't live pointless enough? Its just a nature cycle. Do cats go to an after life? Or pigs or zebra. No they are in bbiblical terms tools. Animals. we just evolved higher. We aren't special. We get the same nothingness as everyone else

Oh if it's just a nature cycle then will humans evolve again? Cause i'd really like that blast one kamehameha at Obama. Do you think we're gonna have super powers? Life isn't pointless. It's only pointless if you believe in nothing.
sdprimetime33
sdprimetime33
Sticker
Sticker

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:52 pm

Life isn't pointless, per se, but humanity's life goals are what blurs the line between pointless and irrelevant. I don't want to get too general here, but life's purpose is to continue living, and nothing more. Humans have added in "sidequests" in the form of goals (don't judge me lol, it's a video game forum) and societal advancement, but the end result is just the same. We die, and something happens from there. What that is, nobody will ever truly know, but as far as the point to life, it's really subjective as to what you think it is.

On-topic, I agree with Chaos's opinion. I'd like to believe in heaven, but the logical side of me cannot find the "proof," for lack of a better word (but that's not to say that people who believe are illogical).
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sdprimetime33 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:11 pm

So we live to die... We are created to continue living even though we die. So if we are to continue to keep living does that make homosexuality wrong? cause same sex cant reproduce. You just inadvertently made an argument for that! lol (Don't take that too serious tho cause i dont want to talk about homos) But at the end of the day (or i should say life), this question will be answered. But as a believer in christ, it is a duty to change people from thinking like that, and hope that something will happen to make them at least try to have a relationship with the man upstairs.
sdprimetime33
sdprimetime33
Sticker
Sticker

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:44 pm

I meant continue living in the more personal sense, rather than the sense of surviving to reproduce. Had I intended it the other way, though, you would have a very strong point (though in that case I'd bring up the cases and evidence of homosexual animals in nature). That whole part of the comment of mine was less my opinion than it was my spin on what lpool was saying.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:37 pm

As long as each individual lives in the way they see fit, then what comes next if there is anything shouldn't be a concern of others. I've always kept my idea to myself unless asked, and for the most part those who ask are the ones who have a high context with religion.

Heck, i had a debate with someone who told me they weren't religious, but believed in god. And how me not believing in god meant i was going to hell. Now seeing as how they are a friend, I simply replied by saying that I follow the morals my parents set down for me, and they are just guidelines in how I see what's good and bad. I break my own rules sometimes, but I do more good than bad. If I'm going to go to hell, because I didn't take the time to pray to someone I've never met, who's never met me then so be it. Hell might be a nice place from the sounds of the criteria.

Ultimately what it came down to was me following morals my parents gave me, people I've met and respect, and my friend following morals that Jesus set down in the past "apparently." But in the end both of us are respectable so it really doesn't matter to me who believes and who doesn't.

Anyways that's my little ramble. Like my first post, I personally think once you pass on, it's darkness and nothing else.
Chaosdreams
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:27 pm

Chaos, that reminds me of an enticing point I once heard about God in religious debate. I don't want to say it, partially because it's not entirely on-topic, and partially because I know it might rile somebody up, but that was probably the defining point about my lack of belief in the Judeo-Christian God; at least, it was a few years ago.

Ah, screw it, it's a good one. I'll put it in spoilers, and I want to note that this theory was not mine, but it's one that probably does get people to truly think about what they believe in.
Spoiler:
The point was that according to scripture (though more with writing that believes in predestination than not these days), God always knows and has always known your life, choices, and death. It's also said that God is only good and cannot be subject to human flaws. However, he created Adam and Eve knowing that Eve would betray him, and created each and every person that didn't believe in them knowing that they'd end up in Hell. How could somebody who is infallible and only moral knowingly create billions of people that he's damning? Based on his actions, he'd be just as flawed as humans, which would go against anything that people believe.
I'll note that the point was much better explained and worded when I first heard it, and it's likely that since I hadn't thought about it in a few years I probably missed a facet of it somewhere.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by sdprimetime33 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:13 pm

DP27 wrote:Chaos, that reminds me of an enticing point I once heard about God in religious debate. I don't want to say it, partially because it's not entirely on-topic, and partially because I know it might rile somebody up, but that was probably the defining point about my lack of belief in the Judeo-Christian God; at least, it was a few years ago.

Ah, screw it, it's a good one. I'll put it in spoilers, and I want to note that this theory was not mine, but it's one that probably does get people to truly think about what they believe in.
Spoiler:
The point was that according to scripture (though more with writing that believes in predestination than not these days), God always knows and has always known your life, choices, and death. It's also said that God is only good and cannot be subject to human flaws. However, he created Adam and Eve knowing that Eve would betray him, and created each and every person that didn't believe in them knowing that they'd end up in Hell. How could somebody who is infallible and only moral knowingly create billions of people that he's damning? Based on his actions, he'd be just as flawed as humans, which would go against anything that people believe.
I'll note that the point was much better explained and worded when I first heard it, and it's likely that since I hadn't thought about it in a few years I probably missed a facet of it somewhere.

Ehh that's not really offensive to me. But I do think that being biased takes part in each of non believers and believers of God. People can question God's motives and try to twist his words to make him seem like he's a big contradictory deity but few have read the bible with discernment and understand free will.
sdprimetime33
sdprimetime33
Sticker
Sticker

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:20 pm

You go in the ground when you die. so how did i do? did i win?
quackerzacher
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by CalDW19940 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:47 pm

The same place you were before you were born...
CalDW19940
CalDW19940
Sticker
Sticker

PSN : CalDW19940

Back to top Go down

Post by CalDW19940 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:01 pm

sdprimetime33 wrote:
lpool1996moh wrote:Isn't live pointless enough? Its just a nature cycle. Do cats go to an after life? Or pigs or zebra. No they are in bbiblical terms tools. Animals. we just evolved higher. We aren't special. We get the same nothingness as everyone else

Oh if it's just a nature cycle then will humans evolve again? Cause i'd really like that blast one kamehameha at Obama. Do you think we're gonna have super powers? Life isn't pointless. It's only pointless if you believe in nothing.

Humans are evolving all the time as is every creature that exists it's just significant trait changes take centuries or a millenIa to become something a majority of that species shares with an exception being micro organisms that can reproduce at ridiculous rates to become a new majority.
CalDW19940
CalDW19940
Sticker
Sticker

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:11 pm

i like that one dp i really like that one!

also Cal explained nature. honestly all my belifs are in the above comments. i follow my own morals not a set laid down for me by a more than likely crazy man from 200 years ago or worse the ones made by moses which are mostly common sense. i do flaw the commandments in the whole desires thing. to desire whats not yours is only human. acting on them by stealing is wrong.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by CalDW19940 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:26 pm

I don't particularly beleave one way or another how the universe began nor things like what part of me may move on after death. Not sure if there is a belief mame like agnostic, christian, atheist etc for someone like me for "Doesn't give a shit either way"ism :L

Discussions about it either way I don't take a side since I don't particularly believe either but I like mentioning the details for either argument or belief if someone is misinformed about something.

I live my life based on my own choices. Respect others and there is no excuse for bad manners are my only real life long mindsets I've made as I've grown up. Treat others as you would like them to treat you.
CalDW19940
CalDW19940
Sticker
Sticker

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:51 pm

CalDW19940 wrote:I don't particularly beleave one way or another how the universe began nor things like what part of me may move on after death. Not sure if there is a belief mame like agnostic, christian, atheist etc for someone like me for "Doesn't give a shit either way"ism :L

Discussions about it either way I don't take a side since I don't particularly believe either but I like mentioning the details for either argument or belief if someone is misinformed about something.

I live my life based on my own choices. Respect others and there is no excuse for bad manners are my only real life long mindsets I've made as I've grown up. Treat others as you would like them to treat you.
live-lifeism
quackerzacher
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum