The Official PastaDome DLC Thread (Confirmed DLC, Company Participation Predictions, Wishlist, General Discussion)

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Official PastaDome DLC Thread (Confirmed DLC, Company Participation Predictions, Wishlist, General Discussion) - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official PastaDome DLC Thread (Confirmed DLC, Company Participation Predictions, Wishlist, General Discussion)

Post by shikiyakumo on Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:44 pm

True. They would work very well together as rivals. I just tried to look for a better rival who would probably be more likely then Nathan Hale.
shikiyakumo
shikiyakumo
LANDMASTER!
LANDMASTER!

Back to top Go down

The Official PastaDome DLC Thread (Confirmed DLC, Company Participation Predictions, Wishlist, General Discussion) - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official PastaDome DLC Thread (Confirmed DLC, Company Participation Predictions, Wishlist, General Discussion)

Post by Count Mario on Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:48 pm

Ah, now I see what you mean.

However, I still don't get why people keep bringing up Ryu. He was only in that one screenshot during that website leak and that was even debunked. I mean, I guess that he would fit into this game in a similar position to Issac as not really being Sony exclusive but still in a well known franchise, but I've at least seen requests for Issac. I dunno, just my two cents. I wouldn't complain if he got in as I am a bit of a Ninja Gaiden fan.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:00 pm

Well time to give you a bit of info Count. The Official PastaDome DLC Thread (Confirmed DLC, Company Participation Predictions, Wishlist, General Discussion) - Page 9 253468018

In Japan, KoeiTecmo is an extremely popular company with their main faces being Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden and Zhao Yun from Dynasty Warriors(you could say Lu Bu but Zhao Yun is way more popular than Lu Bu).

Anyways, for a long time now KoeiTecmo has been favoring the PS3 in Japan and they're starting to have PS3 exclusive games. Ryu Hayabusa is far more recognized compared to Zhao Yun all around the world and so is the Ninja Gaiden series when compared to the Dynasty Warriors series so it would make more sense to have a Ninja Gaiden rep represent them. Ryu Hayabusa(along with Rachel) was an exclusive in all releases of Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce only for the PS3 and you can consider him the main face of KoeiTecmo when viewed by everyone, not just Japan. Koei Tecmo is one of many companies to continue to work with Sony(favor them as well) and are working with the upcoming PS4 system as well.

Ryu would be a great representative for that company and would fit in perfectly with his arsenal of weapons. I've heard people say he'd play similar to Raiden but that's not true, he has more than just the Dragon Sword.

Maybe he's not exclusive here but he's slowly becoming more recognizable with the PlayStation brand in Japan and the main face of KoeiTecmo.

Last edited by Slayer5228 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
0CTAVE
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

https://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shikiyakumo on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:00 pm

@Count
Theres that one guy on the official forum who keeps asking for Goku. (DBZ) He wants Ryu. lol
shikiyakumo
shikiyakumo
LANDMASTER!
LANDMASTER!

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:10 pm

Yeah, but Goku's, well, Goku lol. Besides, i was comparing Ryu to Isaac in the first place. I mean, I've only seen two requests for Ryu including who you mentioned, the other being one of my old friends on the old forum.

As for Slayer, ah, I see. That is true. However, I can see Ryu still having as much of a chance as Etna/Prinny or Teddie, in which even though the latter's company did mention that the fans should support Teddie for All-Stars, I still think that people sadly exaggerate the character's chances of getting in, as harsh as that sounds. Because if it was that easy, then we could've had plenty of other characters who would've got in instead of Big Daddy and Issac beforehand. Not that they don't have a chance, but I still view Abe as the most likely third-party candidate at this point in time. But I can at least admit now that it's reasonable why people keep bringing Ryu up. Although just to add, Ryu also had the Ninja Gaiden Sigma series on the PS3, which are enhanced ports of the HD Ninja Gaiden games on HD consoles in general.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:19 pm

Well I was just bringing up points as to why people keep bringing him up and you're right about the Sigma series.
He still has just as much of a chance as anyone else lol
0CTAVE
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

https://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:30 pm

That's what I was basically saying as a result... XD
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Soraalam1 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:35 pm

Don't know if this is already suggested...

Namco Bandai Games
Kite (.hack//) (EASY - PLAUSIBLE?) - Has been in numerous PlayStation exclusive .hack// titles on PS2 (4), PSP (1), and PS3 (1). The first protagonist of the .hack games and one of the most recognizable .hack characters. Namco as stated earlier is easiest to work with. .hack// also very rarely appears in game form outside of PlayStation.

I put Namco Bandai instead of CC2 because once in an interview on a .hack// game coming to America the CC2 President said that it's up to Namco. This leads me to believe they will also be talking to Namco on character negotiations for .hack.

Sony
Max (Dark Cloud) (EASY) A property owned by Sony.

Oh, and I'm new to this forum and loving it here! cheers
Soraalam1
Soraalam1
New Challenger
New Challenger

PSN : Soraalam1

https://www.youtube.com/soraalam1gaming

Back to top Go down

Post by shikiyakumo on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:03 pm

Welcome. Lol
shikiyakumo
shikiyakumo
LANDMASTER!
LANDMASTER!

Back to top Go down

Post by shikiyakumo on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:15 pm

So a Persona rep has a better chance now if we go by the advertising trend.

Why? Because P4 Golden finally reached Europe and Persona 2 Eternal Punishment just recently came onto PSN PS One Classic. So it would help sell the game in Europe and possibly the Persona titles on PSN.
shikiyakumo
shikiyakumo
LANDMASTER!
LANDMASTER!

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Tetiro on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:19 pm

shikiyakumo wrote:So a Persona rep has a better chance now if we go by the advertising trend.

Why? Because P4 Golden finally reached Europe and Persona 2 Eternal Punishment just recently came onto PSN PS One Classic. So it would help sell the game in Europe and possibly the Persona titles on PSN.

And might I say if that's another advert franchise, I have no argument here. Persona deserves it and I've only played P4!
King_Tetiro
King_Tetiro
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : KingTetiro

Back to top Go down

Post by shikiyakumo on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:42 pm

Agreed. Plus it will probably be our only chance at getting a third party JRPG rep. (It's more popular then anything (third party) that ISN'T Final Fantasy from what i've seen and i doubt we'll ever get an FF rep)
shikiyakumo
shikiyakumo
LANDMASTER!
LANDMASTER!

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Tetiro on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:47 pm

Very true, plus Teddie is awesome! ...Crap. I've a Teddie fan XD

Also, I think we should change Spyro's setting to Hard. If the DLC goes through to October, Activision have a great way to advertise Skylanders and make some dough...
King_Tetiro
King_Tetiro
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : KingTetiro

Back to top Go down

Post by shikiyakumo on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:49 pm

I could see Spyro possibly making it. (Very unlikely though)
shikiyakumo
shikiyakumo
LANDMASTER!
LANDMASTER!

Back to top Go down

Post by shikiyakumo on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:57 pm

Honestly, this is how i see it.

Final Fantasy: We'll never see it happening unfortunately.
Legend of Dragoon: SHOULD happen.
Wild Arms: SHOULD happen.
Kingdom Hearts: Will NOT happen.
Persona: SHOULD happen.
Disgaea: SHOULD happen.
Okage: We'll never see this.
Dark Cloud: Might happen.
Ni No Kuni: Has a good chance at happening.
shikiyakumo
shikiyakumo
LANDMASTER!
LANDMASTER!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:52 pm

My JRPG Predictions (Combating Shiki. Cuz I'm bored :p ):

Final Fantasy: If it were to happen, it'd be Lightning. And that's IF.
Legend Of Dragoon: They probably forgot they even have the licensing rights. Lol.
Wild Arms: Agreed. What are Sony thinking? Oh wait they're not.
Kingdom Hearts: Nintendo gets Sora. We'll get Roxas.
Persona: Very likey honestly. Even if the DLC doesn't happen, I'd be willing to bet on a rep in the sequel.
Disgaea: Same as Persona, just less likely.
Okage: In the same box in the same attic as Legend Of Dragoon.
Dark Cloud: Not in the attic. Just in the closet in Sony's bedroom, behind Wild Arms.
Ni No Kuni: AD CHARACTER INCOMING.
Trey-Caige II
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Trey-Caige

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:39 pm

Uh, Trey, shouldn't that go the other way since 358/2 Days is Nintendo-exclusive for KH? Just saying.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by shikiyakumo on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:26 pm

They said that they want to port that to a PS system at some point if i remember correctly.
shikiyakumo
shikiyakumo
LANDMASTER!
LANDMASTER!

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:30 pm

Eh... the closest I've heard about that was Nomura hinting at a possible remake on a system using an analog stick, which could easily go for the 3DS or even Wii U as well. I haven't heard anything as specific as that.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by shikiyakumo on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:31 pm

Honestly, it wouldn't be surprising if it got ported to the Vita at some point.
shikiyakumo
shikiyakumo
LANDMASTER!
LANDMASTER!

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:37 pm

you make a good point about spyro, king. I'll re-label spyro as HARD until this fall passes (that's when his game comes out)
this_is_marko
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : this_is_Marko

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:44 pm

Honestly, considering how there's been a lot of lack of support for the Vita with KH and the fact that I don't see another KH coming until KH3 in at least about three years (Since the collections will help fill the void of the one KH game per year schedule), I honestly doubt that, as surprising as that is to say. If Square focused more on the console, then I might be inclined to agree.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by shikiyakumo on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:47 pm

All i'm saying is that it wouldn't be surprising. It could also end up being ported to the PS3 like how Chain of Memories got ported to the PS2 after it came out on GBA.
shikiyakumo
shikiyakumo
LANDMASTER!
LANDMASTER!

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:50 pm

Difference is, the PS2 was already being supported. Just saying. If say, BBS vol. 2 actually turned out to be real game and came out on the Vita, then I'd likely agree with you. But for now, sadly no. I see your point, but I just don't agree.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:03 am

shikiyakumo wrote:Honestly, it wouldn't be surprising if it got ported to the Vita at some point.

That would be awesome. We need more Vita games. I'm glad I waited on Epic Mickey 2 due to this :3
Trey-Caige II
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Trey-Caige

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next