Smash Wii U Discussion (Direct spoilers)

Go down

Smash Wii U Discussion (Direct spoilers) Empty Smash Wii U Discussion (Direct spoilers)

Post by DP on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:07 pm

This thread will specifically be for talking about the Wii U version

At the moment I'll be talking about the Direct

MEWTWO'S BACK! ...AS DLC! ....IN SPRING! .....ONLY IF YOU HAVE BOTH VERSIONS OF THE GAME

Oh come on, Nintendo, that's just a dick move. There better be a way to buy him on the eshop too
Other stuff:
stage builder is back, and it looks not awful this time

8 player smash
3D stages (you can play on both the foreground and background
Smash Party is real, not much of a party

Voice chat, but only kind of
Bunch of game modes that seem cool.
Tournaments are back, and online. Tourney mode is that in a similar vein as well.
You can demo any retro game shown in the main game (i.e. you can play Mario 1-3, Zelda, Pacman, etc.)
Ridley can fight with you! And he has a moveset too! But he ain't playable! Sakurai hates fans!
No Ice Climbers update yet.
Chatter a la Snake in Brawl happens for Pit, and on the Star Fox stages

That's more or less the extent of it.

Last edited by DP on Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Smash Wii U Discussion (Direct spoilers) Empty Re: Smash Wii U Discussion (Direct spoilers)

Post by papertoonz on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:30 pm

there is something up with that post and font btw

you should also link the video

and list of what was shown

Spoiler:

The Announcer" is the narrator. He's awesome. Here is an overview of the 50'ish facts.

1. Default Fighter Line-up: You start with over 40 fighters (you still get to unlock some, such as Falco and Lucina). The characters are exactly the same.
  2. Resolution: Instead of 400x240 pixels, we get a resolution of 1920x1080 pixels.
  3. 8-man Smash: You can play with 8 people on the same stage (only larger stages).
  4. Bigger Stages: There are some larger stages included in the Wii U stages (e.g. Temple (melee), Big Battlefield). These stages are less likely to be played on online.
  5. Danger Zone: Some larger stages have "danger zones" (lava, spikes, etc). They cause damage and knock-back and an insta-KO if you have >100%.
  6. Dual-Plane Battle: There is a DK-stage in which you play in two stages. There are barrels to swap from the front to the back plane and vice-versa. Using barrels quickly can back-fire.
  7. Number of Stages: There are more stages. I counted at least 34.
  8. MiiVerse Stage: There is a stage (Battlefield-like) which is not out yet. Once out the background will show pictures uploaded by people to support the fighters.
  9. Palutena's Guidance: Just like Fox/Falco can cause Star Fox's radio chatter to work, Pit can do the same in his stage, causing a talk between Palutena and others to appear. Use down-taunt for this.
  10. Metal Face: Gaur Plane is included with Metal Face as a stage boss. He's a huge boss. You can KO him.
  11. RIDLEY !!!: He is not a character. He is a stage boss. Once you hit him enough, he'll be on your side. He can upgrade to Meta-Ridley. If you KO Ridley you actually get a +1 on Time-mode, no matter the side he's on. There will be included special items in the Pyrosphere stage.
  12. Coin Battles: They return.
  13. Stamine Matches: They return.
  14. Special Smash: They return (with a few additions).
  15. Item Frequency: They return (including item switch).
  16. My Music: It returns.
  17. Meny Music: You can change it (wasn't that already possible in Brawl?)
  18. Tons of Music: There will be a whole lot. "It is not even comparable". Visually it looks like there is about 2.5x as much music on the Wii U version, compared to the 3DS version. Almost all of the 3DS music is included.
  19. Composers: There are more.
  20. CDs: They return.
  21. Challengers: They return. There are more on the Wii U version, I think.
  22. Classic: Okay, this is vastly different! You are a player among some CPUs who try to achieve glory as well, as you move through levels. Next to your own matches, the CPUs will also plays games among themselves. The winner of these matches will duke it up against each other. There are also rivals and challengers. You can play this mode with 2 players.
  23. Clear Movies: Upon finishing Classic Mode or All-Star mode you will see a small video about your character (like in Melee).
  24. All-Star Mode: Your fights are anti-chronologically. You can do this with 2 players as well.
  25. Event Mode: Re-introduced. They put it in a new design. You get to clear a web, starting from the middle. You can also do this with 2 players with special 2P-events.
  26. Smash Tour: Think Mario Party where the mini-games are matches. Your character is a Mii, upon crossing the board you collect fighters. Once fighting other players you can steal some of their fighters. You can power-up Smash Run-wise. In the final match your stock-count is the amount of fighters you have obtained.
  27. Target Blast: Included as well. Second bomb is bigger now. There are 3 different stages.
  28. Group Stadium: You can now play Stadium with 4 players. You take turns or simultaneously. Home-Run can be Co-oped by two players.
  29. Special Orders: There are "Master Orders" in which you are handed three tickets for three difficulties. These are unique and can only be tried once. A ticket is a like a special match. The more difficult, the better the reward. "Crazy Orders" gives you 10 minutes to fight CPUs with every match becoming more difficult. Once you think your time is running short fight Crazy hand.
  30. Master Fortress: Master Core has another form called Master Fortress. It is what is says: a fortress. It's like a Smash Run-esque maze. You seem to need to hit a button on the inside and make it back alive before it blows itself up. It wasn't entirely clear.
  31. Controllers: There are 8 types of controllers. 1. Wii, 2. Wii + Nunchuk, 3. Gamepad, 4. Classic, 5. Classic Pro, 6. Wii U Pro, 7. Gamecube, 8. 3DS. You can customize button settings.
  32. Gamecube Controller Adapter: there is the adapter to connect it to your Wii U. There is a special Smash Bros Gamecube controller
  33. Using the Nintendo 3DS as a Controller: You can use it to play. It seems you can even do this in 8-player matches.
  34. Connecting to Nintendo 3DS: You can carry over your custom movesets / customes.
  35. Tons of Trophies: Even more. A lot of which are based off Home Console games.
  36. Final Smash Trophies: They exist. You get them by beating All Star.
  37. Trophy Boxes: You can put them in a box, based on their theme.
  38. Photo Studio: You can arrange figures (I think trophies minus base) to make photos with it.
  39. Trophy Rush: You can play it with 2 players. You can do it Co-Op or competitively (same mode, just depends on your play style).
  40. Masterpieces: Quite a lot. Some of them have pre-installed save data. You seem to be able to play them unlimited amount of times (but each time only a certain amount of minutes).
  41. amiibo: I'm sure you know about them. They will play as FP (Figure Player). They level up while fighting. You can equip them. They are like CPUs which you can customize. Apparently when you take them to someone else's house, they are tougher. They also collect prices for you (trophies, stickets, etc.).
  42. Internet Connection: They have a Wii LAN Adapter.
  43. Automatic Notifications: There are notifications.
  44. Friends & Tags: You can play with two players in With Anyone online from the same Wii U.
  45. Tourneys: They have not implemented it. But you can do it online and set time-frames.
  46. Tournaments: Melee-like, up to 64 players with replays. Probably linked with #45, seems useful.
  47. Wii U GamePad: It will also shows the TV-screen or info (like damage).
  48. Paint: You can paint photos with it. Following a future update you'll be able to send it online.
  49. Voicechat: You can use it to talk during the results or beforehand, not during the matches (to avoid data overload).
  50. Stage Builder: Awesome! You can paint stages with the Wii U gamepad. This way you can make really custom stages. You can include a lot of things, such as danger zones. There are 5 themes and you can inlcude any music you like.
  51. Sharing: Watch out, the announcer is watching! This mode is not implemented yet, but you can share your creations (photos, stages, etc).

[ Others ]: They show similarities between 3DS and Wii U (the obvious).
[ Trailer ]: Bowser Jr. makes a bad-ass intro. Also shown are the 7 different customes.

1. Movies: All the trailer-movies are included.
  2. Sound Test: If you buy both versions enough and register with Club Nintendo you get special Soundtrack CDs. There are two CDs, each with 36 songs, one for the 3DS and one for the Wii U.

54. Mewtwo is on the way: Mewtwo will be available as a fighter if you buy both version. It is under development and expected to release in Spring 2015.

and for the heck of it website up dates

Smash Wii U Discussion (Direct spoilers) Main

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/secret09.html

Smash Wii U Discussion (Direct spoilers) Illust-modal

Smash Wii U Discussion (Direct spoilers) Main

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/secret08.html
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

Back to top Go down

Smash Wii U Discussion (Direct spoilers) Empty Re: Smash Wii U Discussion (Direct spoilers)

Post by DP on Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:35 pm

That font WAS weird lol. Fixed it more or less.

Edit: I was just thinking about it...how is Mewtwo gonna take six months alone to create? If Superbot could get four characters out in a little over six months with bo funding, I'd expect at least two by Spring for Nintendo (and hopefully more balanced ones than PSAS got, since that whole funding issue won't be there for them). There's gonna be more on the way by that time for sure. I'm thinking Nintendo is gonna make a trend of six month add on content packs rather than traditional DLC. Mario Kart has two spread a year apart, Smash will have one six months post launch, etc. Maybe we'll even get them in a similar size. If that's the case I'd expect four characters for Spring, probably optimized Ice Climbers, and two new characters (Isaac probably, and maybe that rumored Splatoon rep?).
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:34 pm

really irritated about roidley but im excited about mewtwo (and that opens the door for more DLC characters so maybe wolf or ridley)
the wiiu version is looking pretty good so far though
dragonfire111
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:16 am

MEWTWO! MEWTWO! MEWTWO! =D

OMG THIS IS AWESOME!

Snake would make this perfect for me! lol
0CTAVE
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

https://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:31 am

Just thought about something. 

They got this game to run at NATIVE 1080p, locked 60fps, with eight players on screen at once. As much of a dick as he is, I have to give credit to Sakurai for pushing for that. And credit to Namco for pulling it off on the Wii U. 

Wait...that might be the gen's first 1080p/60fps game. Well, except TLoU: R, if you wanna count that. I don't believe Destiny ran at native 1080 on PS4, but i could be wrong. Either way, it's kinda sad that Nintendo may be among the first companies to hit that milestone this gen, considering they had to catch up to a 7-year-old HD market. 

But on topic, now that I think about it, this might be a second reason for why ICs got cut. It depends. I know one of the first things I'll be doing when I get Smash is trying out 8 player smash with 8 Rosies to see if there's a drop. If there's not, then there's no reason for ICs not to enter as DLC with Mewtwo (preferably free since, y'know, they are done or close to done on Wii U already).
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Doqtor Kirby on Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:36 am

quadruples side tournament confirmed?
Doqtor Kirby
Doqtor Kirby
You Gotta Believe!
You Gotta Believe!

http://dr.k.ax.lt/

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:52 am

I already told DP, but I figure it's worth mentioning that NA EU's Twitter confirmed that Mewtwo will be available as paid DLC if you don't have both versions.
Piratemankelly
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:32 pm

As expected. I will freak out if ICs are paid though. That's a practice Nintendo shouldn't even consider starting to do. Plus that'd even out the reasoning for Mewtwo taking six months by himself. Maybe even Wolf. (I'm sort of okay with Wolf as paid DLC because he never started development as far as we know. It's a slippery slope but it can work since that's the extent of the cut characters we need to return. Sorry Lucas.) 
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:49 pm

Now that the game is out, all discussion should go here, unless Sakurai continues daily pics for a while. 

I found my main. Rosie all the way.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:05 pm

until the nerf. she is getting hit HARD!
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:29 pm

The nerf mostly affects things I haven't focused on (such as her being able to attack with Luma during an opponent's grab). Once I have sufficient time with Shulk I'll have a close quarters player too, and he's only getting buffs.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:32 pm

so your maining the two top tier guys?

i'll be honest i don't find em very fun myself.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:53 pm

Shulk's top tier? From what I'd heard he's mid at best. 

If he's top tier then yes, it seems I am, at least based on current info. I might throw Banjo in there if I like how he plays (Duck Hunt). Rosie has been someone I've wanted to main since she was announced, and based on my track record with Ice Climbers that's a smart replacement. Shulk, I just fucking love Shulk. He could be trash tier and I'd main him. 

Though I did notice I'm a lot better with this version of Captain Falcon than with Brawl's. Rosie is the only one that REALLY stood out to me though. Mind you I played mostly her today at a friend's house, because I'd rather have a go-to early than test the waters and have nobody for a while. Sheik and Greninja seem fun as shit too, but I haven't played them yet.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:14 pm

i was just kidding man. i know your just playing who you want

Yeah SHulks considered near top. he's so complex with his Monado powers he has way too much tech, smash is actually alot harder to figure out tiers for anyway. add on the buffs and...
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:48 am

Interesting. That's a stark change from a few weeks ago. I would've thought his lack of range fucked him since even the Monado can't make up for a zoner (even speed doesn't help against an opponent of theoretical equal skill). Plus if you're using a rangeless character, you may as well use Little Mac lol.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:14 pm

i main bowser and greninja and im having such an easier time with the gamecube controller.
dragonfire111
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:47 am

So I accidentally played as ZSS during a 1v1 tourney today. I think she's gonna be my third main.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Doqtor Kirby on Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:54 am

rip poor people
Doqtor Kirby
Doqtor Kirby
You Gotta Believe!
You Gotta Believe!

http://dr.k.ax.lt/

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:17 am

DP wrote:So I accidentally played as ZSS during a 1v1 tourney today. I think she's gonna be my third main.

welcome to the one true waifu
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:21 am

Nah, Rosie is my waifu. ZSS can be the side hoe. 

I also believe the theory that ZSS may have been Bayonetta at first.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:49 pm

I remember telling you about that theory. I don't remember what your response was, though.

Yeah, even though I'm supposed to main Marth, I started using Gannondorforfannonfordagnnongandorf a lot during Brawl. For some reason, Ike was also one of my best when I was playing 3DS. I've also grown to like Charizard, Greninja, and Rosy is a lot of fun.

Chances are I'll still main random button, though. I don't have nearly as much fun with Diddy anymore, though, since they changed his dB to only one nanner at a time that vanishes as soon as someone slips on it. I can understand nerfing it to one at a time (although I think that's pushing it, imo), but come on.
Piratemankelly
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:45 pm

Yeah you told me, and I didn't doubt it. Having played her now, I can definitely see that being the case (with some Metroidy moves for good measure).

Edit: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-we-have-no-smash-bros-premium-dlc-plans-b/1100-6423752/

So either we're NOT getting more Smash DLC, or we're getting FREE Smash DLC.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:16 pm

If your looking for a fun character, look no further than DeDeDe. between the dB hammer and the Gordos you will start laughing your ass off.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down