You guys hear about the "ESRB" leak?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

You guys hear about the "ESRB" leak? Empty You guys hear about the "ESRB" leak?

Post by Piratemankelly on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:23 pm

Yesteray, and today, actually, GameFaqs got into quite a tiffy because of this new big "leak." 

It was "leaked" on 4chan, so automatically 949850945609485 dunes of salt grains, but unlike most leaks, it comes with some pictures. 

Rundown:
Cuts: Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, Snake
Newcomers: Dark Pit (likely the Lucina to Pit's Marth), Dr. Mario (same to Mario), Bowser Jr., Shulk, Duck Hunt Dog
DLC: The aforementioned cuts + Chorus Kids 
Unknown: Mewtwo? The guy is certain about everyone else, but not him. A bit less used than Ridley trolling, I suppose. He also said he "hasn't unlocked everyone," so there might be more. However, judging by the fact that the screen has six open slots, and then that there's 5 supposed DLC characters, I'd wager, if it was legit, he'd only have one more character to unlock.

https://2img.net/h/s29.postimg.cc/jo56xcy93/leakers.jpg

Edit: Other "leakers" have said the information on the DLC isn't true. It seems this isn't just one guy, but several contributing, and the DLC bit is just a lie. Which would match Sakurai's statement of not considering DLC until the game is done, and the oddity of an ESRB member knowing the DLC. Still doesn't clear up really how an ESRB employee would play the game at all, but you could theorize that being part of the group that gives games their ratings that you might have connections with the gaming industry, so you might be able to score a copy.

Why people believe it: Well, in addition to actually having pictures or results screens and menus and stuff, which is a bit harder to make than just a character / stage select, people are having trouble with identifying the models.

Some have said that Shulk is a photoshopped Little Mac due to facial and eye similarities. Some have tried to say that Ganondorf is his Hyrule Warriors TP costume (which is isn't), and some tried to use a Google Image'd r. Mario, which is slightly different than the one shown in the leak.

Additionally, while a lot argue that it's a point against for not including Ice Climbers, some are using the 3DS's lower power as justification. Which to me makes no sense because Rosalina and Pikmin, but I'm not a programmer, so I don't really know how complicated all of them are.

Edit: In the Stage Select screen, the image for Tomodachi Life is of a previously unseen room. Famitsu came out like an hour ago, with a screenshot containing the exact same one in it. Keep in mind the existing pictures of the stage don't have that room in them, and the Famitsu scan's image doesn't have the building in the exact same structure, meaning that, if the creator of the image had gotten the Famitsu early, they'd have had to 'shop that image and create a new building layout.

https://i.imgur.com/aoYlUTC.png

Edit edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRq5bz6ZNYU#t=46

Compare those portraits to the ones in the leak. People were using this as means of disproving since the portraits are slightly different, but the fact that the character select has zoomed out (an more complete) portraits of some of them like Peach and Sheik just makes it look more real.

Some points against: First of all, the ESRB doesn't play games they rate, and secondly, how would an ESRB worker know what the DLC was? That's three fishy five me.

There's also some inconsistencies with Ness's shirt. Usually there's 5 stripes on the sleeves and I think 8 on the body, but the leak has 6 for both.

A lot also cite the fact that the roster is disappointing or just full of bad decisions as an excuse, but that's A. opinions and B. not an actual piece of evidence. A lot of people were vehement against MvC3's leak because of no Megaman (or Cyclops and Venom) and a lot of disappointing additions like MODOK, and people did the same with Brawl's leak.

But simply not liking something doesn't make it false. They also try to use Dr. Mario and Dark Pit as examples of why it's fake, but come on. Lucina, man. Also, Sakurai. 

So what do I think? Well, I'm not believing it, but I'm also not going to say there's a 0% chance of it being true. To be honest, yeah, I don't agree with the supposed cuts, but added back as DLC + Chorus Kids, and I'm more than happy with the roster. Actually, I'd buy the game as is with only the officially announced characters in the game, so anything more feels like icing on the cake.

Last edited by Piratemankelly on Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piratemankelly
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

Back to top Go down

You guys hear about the "ESRB" leak? Empty Re: You guys hear about the "ESRB" leak?

Post by Piratemankelly on Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:52 pm

Post number Dos:

So, this post was from late last month.

https://i.imgur.com/ERZBZqB.jpg

It has Bowser Jr., Duck Hunt Dog, and the correct cut characters, as well as Gaur Plains as a stage. Also, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are in as clones, just like Lucina.

This post is pretty close to this new "leak." If the leak is hypothetically correct and so is the post, add Dixie, Chorus Men, Ridley, and Mewtwo to the roster. That leaves 2 open spaces on the character select.

Like I said, I'd be pretty bummed from losing Ice Climbers and Wolf if this were true, but overall, I think it'd be a decent trade off. Falco should've definitely been first to go for Star Fox, though. Unless Falco gets a new moveset, of course.

But playable Ridley, third DK rep, Mewtwo Striking Back, I'd be pretty content.
Piratemankelly
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

Back to top Go down

You guys hear about the "ESRB" leak? Empty Re: You guys hear about the "ESRB" leak?

Post by DP on Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:26 pm

I don't see why they'd cut Ice Climbers and keep ROB. One is a top-tier, and one's not very close. That, and Duck Hunt Dog is a perennially desired troll character that would legitimately piss me off if included over a big veteran.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:52 am

WHAT THE FUCK if this really is true and they cut wolf ill be so pissed why out of falco and wolf would you cut the more unique one.
not to mention the insanity of bringing back a clone from melee and not mewtwo (hell dr mario could easily be an alt costume)

other terrible ideas in this leak include bowser jr (enough is enough give donkey kong and metroid more reps) dark pit the alt color being a separate character (at least lucina has a slightly different model)

Shulk is the only good thing about this leak
dragonfire111
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:15 am

I don't know, guys, the Duck Hunt Dog might actually be a fun character. Who knows?
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

Back to top Go down

Post by Doqtor Kirby on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:34 am

SSB Crusade has Duck Hunt Dog, and he's not the troll character. (Weegee is actually)

Actually he's damn good for a character.  tongue
Doqtor Kirby
Doqtor Kirby
You Gotta Believe!
You Gotta Believe!

http://dr.k.ax.lt/

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:41 pm

WE HAVE FOOTAGE!
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCsKwxhG3ioc6FDKupmlVHZQ
We don't know how much of the leak is fact, but now part of the ESRB leak is true
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:12 pm

Well we know a few things from this:

1. The ESRB did in fact get videos from Nintendo to help them judge ratings.
2. For some reason they decided video clips that included unconfirmed characters was smart.
3. The leaker plans on adding in more videos soon, and is stretching out his fame by releasing clips bit by bit, as most fame-hungry leakers do.
4. Bowser Jr. is in the game, and is playable.  No doubts about that, you can't fake something in that much detail.  Not happy about this, but I guess it proves that Sakurai does what Sakurai wants.
5. Ganondorf seems to have been changed at least a bit.  Already he looks more...powerful.  And a bit faster.
6. SHULK BABY.

My opinion:
His characters that ARE in the game are probably true.  The cuts/DLC are probably not, as Pirate noted before.  If they are, I will never understand how the hell the least played character from Brawl, ROB, stayed but the second-best competitive character and pretty commonly played Ice Climbers got cut.  (There's no way Nana's AI is tough enough to program that the 3DS couldn't handle it, the 3DS is a fucking PS2.)  The most plausible scenario is that for some reason the video only includes locked select screens in the screenshots/videos.  Given the random inclusion of some things in the video, that's not too hard to imagine.  We KNOW he doesn't have the game, that much is almost guaranteed.  So we have no credibility from him outside of what he's objectively shown as fact, and as such, anything NOT explicitly shown in the current and future videos is fake in my book.

Also, SHULK BABY.

Spoiler:
SHULK BABY.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:40 pm

I actually like Bowser Jr. Don't get me wrong, when you technically have nine Mario characters in a roster, that's pretty shocked up, but he got a way better moveset than I imagined with the Koopa Clown Car and looks really fun to play as. And personally, he was always my choice for the fifth main Mario series rep before Rosalina came into the picture. But that's just me, personally. In fact, after bashing the idea of Bowser Jr. staying that Koopa Clown Car for his entire moveset, I'm positively certain now that Sakurai can make any character work, even more than before.

Ganondorf has slight changes, but a clone is still a clone. Even with Sakurai's BS minor changes = character slot logic. So that mixed with still having that sword tease taunt…

Shulk. Yes. Don't really have much to say besides yes, he's one RPG series newcomer I really wanted, along with Issac from Golden Sun.

ROB possibly staying… Jammit, ROB, no one wanted you in the first place and they still don't want you now. Not to mention the NES accessory still sucked back then, at least Wii Fit might've been a bit useful or even sort of entertaining. If Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are really in, even though the latter is pretty damn likely even without the leak… *click the video above once more*

Oh, and just to clarify, I was kidding earlier about Duck Hunt Dog. I wanted to add something like an extremely minimized Just Kidding at the end of my comment or a nearly transparent font color saying that, but I just got lazy and left it like that lol.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:31 pm

Personally, this is very meh to me. BUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTT I am already satisfied with whats already in, although only disappointment exists with the changes (or lack thereof) to Ganondorfs moveset.

If we could slot in some Kid Icarus Humor into the game, i wouldn't mind the franchise whoring Sakurai is doing, heck i wouldn't mind MORE Kid Icarus characters than just those three (Even if the only other possible ones would be Hades Viridi and Magnus.) just because it would be hilarious (ESPECIALLY HADES) but as it stands, we aren't going to get that hilarious writing...at all. and as such Dark Pit will just be a clone character. although he has no right to make DP a clone, KI:U was diverse enough to make a new set for him easily. 

Shulk...i know nothing of Xenoblade bar the fact everyone loves it so yeah.

Bowser Junior...all of the hate. i've made my stance on Mario franchise whoring in these games quite clear, and i hated Junior ANYWAY. the Koopa Clown Car should be fun though.

Dr Mario though, is best Mario. still hate the franchise whoring but rather than shooing in yet another generic Mario character with no development since their inception for now other reason than to do so, DR Mario reps a game. thats cool.

Rob...no

I want that Dog.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:28 pm

It's very possible that Ganondorf does have changes to him, or perhaps buffs of some sort. If not, there is NO reason to have focused on such unnecessary characters; the point of a sequel is to fix the problems FIRST and then add stuff. How do you decide to tweak somebody like Lucina, Mario, or Dark Pitt and then completely ignore the second biggest character issue behind Meta Knight (who was fixed)?
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:57 pm

DP...your trying to logic Sakurai again. it doesn't work.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:00 pm

^ Especially when Koopa Clown Car Jr. exists.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:27 pm

so somebody pointed this out

You guys hear about the "ESRB" leak? LIKmROt

dat isn't a 3DS
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:39 pm

They weren't active gameplay videos/recordings. They were clearly videos based on the lack of button tapping/screen shaking showed that, as well as the fact that the ESRB doesn't play the games. It makes sense that they aren't on a 3DS.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:45 pm

yeah but the leaker got a hold of lots of pics of menus and i don't think you could easily get them all form one video

https://imgur.com/a/PzeCw
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:54 pm

Companies tend to send a bunch of screenshots and videos as supplements to help the ESRB "decide" that the publisher-recommended rating is right. Seems understandable to me. Even then, the videos are all I'm believing because the guy has no personal credibility at this point.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:15 pm

And there is DP's revelation of the day, kids, and knowing is half the battle.

Still, I wonder how soon the next leaked videos will show up.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:25 pm

Ohave I mentioned that whole "don't trust him" thing earlier lol. Also based on all the book, ass, and crotch shots you can TELL they're meant for the ESRB's approval board.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:35 pm

Never the Nintendo Copyright Strike Force is in strike mode.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:46 pm

dangit jr in before ridley pisses me off greatly and things like dr mario and still clone ganondorf make it even worse wolf better still be in if they are going so crazy with the clones why would they fucking cut unique characters.
dragonfire111
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:50 pm

don't forget they cut out Ice Climbers. 

You guys hear about the "ESRB" leak? NOPE
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:45 pm

Shulk

GOOD JOB NINTENDO.
Chaosdreams
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Real_Radec13 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:23 pm

Where is King K Rool?

P.S. Eggplant Wizard > Dark Pit
Real_Radec13
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

PSN : Duck_mann86

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:02 pm

Real_Radec13 wrote:Where is King K Rool?

any non pallette swap > Dark Pit
fixed that for you but it they really wanted another KI rep why not hades at least he wasnt just a pallete swap
dragonfire111
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next