Character Speculation

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Character Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Character Speculation

Post by dragonfire111 on Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:18 pm

ive seen him way more than issac on most of the forums i frequent but i could be wrong about it
i definitely know ridley is by far the most requested
dragonfire111
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111
Posts : 3443
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 28
Location : Everywhere yet Nowhere

Back to top Go down

Character Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Character Speculation

Post by Thirty3Three on Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:34 pm

Well, Ganondorf's in.
http://smashboards.com/threads/my-smash-4-best-buy-demo-info-impression-extravagganza.358436/

Also, Ice climbers are in (Look at Smash Run videos.)
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Posts : 1455
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 30
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Character Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Character Speculation

Post by 0CTAVE on Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:58 pm

Oh that reminds me I got to play the game! xD
I kinda believe that 333!
0CTAVE
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228
Posts : 3725
Join date : 2012-08-26
Age : 27
Location : Hialeah,Florida

https://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Character Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Character Speculation

Post by Pinkie Pie on Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:26 am

I really wish people would stop with the 47 characters + Random Box argument. It's crap. We may not even get a CSS on the 3DS version, for all we know it could be a single box that cycles through the characters for each person.
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Welcome To BUZZ!
Welcome To BUZZ!

Posts : 357
Join date : 2013-04-29
Age : 23
Location : whatever.

Back to top Go down

Character Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Character Speculation

Post by Thirty3Three on Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:33 am

Pinkie Pie wrote:I really wish people would stop with the 47 characters + Random Box argument. It's crap. We may not even get a CSS on the 3DS version, for all we know it could be a single box that cycles through the characters for each person.
Not understanding what you're saying. There is a random box.
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Posts : 1455
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 30
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Character Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Character Speculation

Post by papertoonz on Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:40 am

Piratemankelly wrote:Anyway, people think ROB won't come back because he's very obscure and wasn't a terribly popular addition. A lot of people didn't use him, and so he wouldn't be as missed as someone like Ice Climbers or something.

no offense but all the things you said about ROB could be said about game & Watch and he stayed around for brawl and more than likely now smash 4 so i don't think he is getting cut

and also here is all the alt colours/costumes for the E3 demo in nice pixel art

Character Speculation - Page 2 Tumblr_n786ps9F8n1qhbar8o1_r1_1280

Thirty3Three wrote:Well, Ganondorf's in.
http://smashboards.com/threads/my-smash-4-best-buy-demo-info-impression-extravagganza.358436/

Also, Ice climbers are in (Look at Smash Run videos.)

could you say why ganondorf is in and not post some ones impressions, also your ice climbers comment is more than likely on the fact that the polar bear is an enemy in smash run
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever
Posts : 2636
Join date : 2012-08-29
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Character Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Character Speculation

Post by Thirty3Three on Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:19 am

papertoonz wrote:
Piratemankelly wrote:Anyway, people think ROB won't come back because he's very obscure and wasn't a terribly popular addition. A lot of people didn't use him, and so he wouldn't be as missed as someone like Ice Climbers or something.

no offense but all the things you said about ROB could be said about game & Watch and he stayed around for brawl and more than likely now smash 4 so i don't think he is getting cut

and also here is all the alt colours/costumes for the E3 demo in nice pixel art

Character Speculation - Page 2 Tumblr_n786ps9F8n1qhbar8o1_r1_1280

Thirty3Three wrote:Well, Ganondorf's in.
http://smashboards.com/threads/my-smash-4-best-buy-demo-info-impression-extravagganza.358436/

Also, Ice climbers are in (Look at Smash Run videos.)

could you say why ganondorf is in and not post some ones impressions, also your ice climbers comment is more than likely on the fact that the polar bear is an enemy in smash run

Nope. I can't. Why? Because I'm not a stupid pessimist like the rest of the morons on the internet.

And yep. That's exactly why. It's a clear-enough hint. They wouldn't omit them if they had enemies in Smash Run.
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Posts : 1455
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 30
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Character Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Character Speculation

Post by DP on Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:28 am

But G&W isn't nearly as unpopular as ROB. He's pretty beloved, to the point that he's one of Axis's first ten. He's not too widely played compared to others, but he gets some pretty good screen time in casual play. But ROB...He's literally just there. I can only recall one person playing him at any point in any Brawl gameplay I've ever seen, and that was Pirate last year after the exhausted pretty much every other character.

And Thirty, that response is completely uncalled for. He asked for reasoning, rather than a link of somebody's hearsay of somebody else's alleged story of somebody ELSE playing the demo. That's pretty fair, and to give such explanation wouldn't even remotely make you a pessimist, because that term is unrelated to the entire conversation. We all know both Ganondorf and Ice Climbers are back, but circumstantial evidence doesn't prove that (especially since Rhythm Heaven has a Smash Run appearance, when we don't know for sure if it will have a character as Gematsu has leaked).
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 24
Location : Pennsylvania

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Character Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Character Speculation

Post by papertoonz on Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:31 am

Thirty3Three wrote:Nope. I can't. Why? Because I'm not a stupid pessimist like the rest of the morons on the internet.

And yep. That's exactly why. It's a clear-enough hint. They wouldn't omit them if they had enemies in Smash Run.

okay some dude saying the demo is buggy and got ganondorf is really hard to believe especially when you dont post pics

DP wrote:But G&W isn't nearly as unpopular as ROB. He's pretty beloved, to the point that he's one of Axis's first ten. He's not too widely played compared to others, but he gets some pretty good screen time in casual play. But ROB...He's literally just there. I can only recall one person playing him at any point in any Brawl gameplay I've ever seen, and that was Pirate last year after the exhausted pretty much every other character.

i dont think you can just say things like that cause i knew a fair amount of rob players back when we used to play brawl alot
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever
Posts : 2636
Join date : 2012-08-29
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Character Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Character Speculation

Post by DP on Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:46 am

Look anywhere and he's the last one (ahead of the definite no's like Roy and Pichu, if those are considered) on any list besides those of the 15 ROB mains. He's an afterthought and has been since he was first chosen for a place in Brawl. If public opinion of him has been so low (as you acknowledged yourself) since 4 started development, why would Sakurai have Namco include him in their limited development time, unless they specifically had a bunch of time left over? If almost anybody would take a new character over him, I don't see him returning. 

At the same time, if ROB returns, we know everybody else from Brawl (bar maybe Snake) is 100% back, along with Mewtwo. There's no way Sakurai would put him above any other Brawl character since even Lucas has anew online fanbase above a small cult.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 24
Location : Pennsylvania

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Character Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Character Speculation

Post by Pinkie Pie on Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:57 am

You press left and right to cycle through characters. Random is one of the options.
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Welcome To BUZZ!
Welcome To BUZZ!

Posts : 357
Join date : 2013-04-29
Age : 23
Location : whatever.

Back to top Go down

Character Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Character Speculation

Post by Thirty3Three on Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:02 am

I wasn't talking about him. I was just saying all the idiot pessimists - in general. I meant absolutely no disrespect towards him.

However, I do think that, given what's been said, Ganondorf is real. Also, why wouldn't he be in, eh?
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Posts : 1455
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 30
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Character Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Character Speculation

Post by Piratemankelly on Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:32 pm

DP wrote:I can only recall one person playing him at any point in any Brawl gameplay I've ever seen, and that was Pirate last year after the exhausted pretty much every other character.
You have to admit, though, I was tearing it up. Actually, I rather like playing as ROB (moreso than G&W, actually), and I'd certainly rather play him than Peach and Yoshi. But that's irrelevant. 


About Ganondorf, there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that he's in the game. As for that specific link, I won't consider that proof since he, well, has no proof. He heard it from a friend that supposedly saw it. Ganondorf is definitely in, but I'm not so quick to believe a kid hit random and got him on accident. Also, it strikes me odd that they would change his fB back into Melee's, but that might be because of custom movesets.
Piratemankelly
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

Posts : 532
Join date : 2013-03-01
Age : 24
Location : Easton, PA

Back to top Go down

Character Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Character Speculation

Post by this_is_marko on Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:09 pm

If ganondorf is back in, I want him to play like ganondorf or I don't really care that he's there.  This would be the third smash game he's in and he has soooooooo many moves to choose from in his history of games.  Let's have him not play like slow captain falcon, shall we?
this_is_marko
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : this_is_Marko
Posts : 1090
Join date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Character Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Character Speculation

Post by Piratemankelly on Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:17 pm

Agreed. I want him to have his Energy Bolt that was his entire boss fight from OoT. I want his sword from TP (and the OoT preview). I want him maybe using dual swords like his WW boss fight. Toss in a trident because why not?


Considering a bunch of other characters got revamps, he really should be changed a lot.
Piratemankelly
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

Posts : 532
Join date : 2013-03-01
Age : 24
Location : Easton, PA

Back to top Go down

Character Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Character Speculation

Post by Thirty3Three on Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:49 pm

Someone also said they got Toon Link via the random button on the Wii U version (He wasn't available in the Wii U demo. Only the 3DS one)
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Posts : 1455
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 30
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Character Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Character Speculation

Post by DP on Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:36 pm

I feel like SOMEBODY would've taken video of this. I've heard nothing of an anti-camera nature (Hell, Somecallmejohnny uploaded a video of him at a Smashfest), and with all these Smash fanatics crying for a chance to play the game, at least one guy would have gotten a video or pic of said occurrence. That's the red flag here for me.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 24
Location : Pennsylvania

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Character Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Character Speculation

Post by Thirty3Three on Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:18 pm

DP wrote:I feel like SOMEBODY would've taken video of this. I've heard nothing of an anti-camera nature (Hell, Somecallmejohnny uploaded a video of him at a Smashfest), and with all these Smash fanatics crying for a chance to play the game, at least one guy would have gotten a video or pic of said occurrence. That's the red flag here for me.

Nope. Read what the dude said. Look on the smashboards forum. Just because they didn't, doesn't mean it didn't happen. It happened with other already-confirmed characters too (ie Toon Link). It's rare, very rare. But yeah.

Let's not be pessimistic, now okie?
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Posts : 1455
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 30
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Character Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Character Speculation

Post by Thirty3Three on Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:34 pm

Oh, also, it wasn't the demo from best buy. It was a place with less people, so...
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Posts : 1455
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 30
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Character Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Character Speculation

Post by DP on Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:48 pm

You can't call logic pessimism. I'm not arguing their existence in the game, I'm arguing the questionableness of how anybody DIDNT get evidence in an open situation  

And I don't even recall a scenario where Smash has been playable outside of E3/Best Buy, which makes it more questionable. 

It's nothing about optimism vs pessimism, as I have no doubt it's possible. It's just that I find it hard to believe nobody snapped a quick pic on their phone.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27
Posts : 6514
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 24
Location : Pennsylvania

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Character Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Character Speculation

Post by Thirty3Three on Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:13 pm

DP wrote:You can't call logic pessimism. I'm not arguing their existence in the game, I'm arguing the questionableness of how anybody DIDNT get evidence in an open situation  

And I don't even recall a scenario where Smash has been playable outside of E3/Best Buy, which makes it more questionable. 

It's nothing about optimism vs pessimism, as I have no doubt it's possible. It's just that I find it hard to believe nobody snapped a quick pic on their phone.
Look at the smashboard thread. He explains it all. You've stated things in this post that are answered in the thread...
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Posts : 1455
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 30
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Character Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Character Speculation

Post by MrEpic on Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:04 am

It is pretty shaky information at best, but its still a very reliable resource.
Plus having Ganon in isn't a hard scenario to believe. Also on the ROB case, I think ROB has a huge potential. I think his quirky robot moves and his strangeness is what kinda makes him an awesome character, he definitely wasn't the best character but damn give him some credit. I think ROB deserves as much a place as anyone. He may have been just a recent newbie, but I'd hate to count him out after one game. I think with a few moveset adjustments he could easily become a new veteran of the smash series.
MrEpic
MrEpic
PACL Champion
PACL Champion

PSN : MrEpic1
Posts : 1345
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 23
Location : Minnesota

Back to top Go down

Character Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Character Speculation

Post by papertoonz on Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:35 am

as an old saying goes pics or didn't happen so 333 stop acting like a dumbass and believing every thing you see on the internet cause the internet is full of lies
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever
Posts : 2636
Join date : 2012-08-29
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Character Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Character Speculation

Post by dragonfire111 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:29 am

i actually hope it isnt true, i mean we all know ganondorf will be playable but dont know if he will still be a clone or not. if what 333 linked is true than he is still mostly a clone which would suck
dragonfire111
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111
Posts : 3443
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 28
Location : Everywhere yet Nowhere

Back to top Go down

Character Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Character Speculation

Post by Chaosdreams on Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:07 pm

papertoonz wrote:as an old saying goes pics or didn't happen so 333 stop acting like a dumbass and believing every thing you see on the internet cause the internet is full of lies

An old saying that isn't always accurate, since we both know images can be equally false. There's no need to say he's acting like a dumbass. He's opinion is that the source is accurate and that Ganon, who is most likely in the game anyways, will be because of said source.

Do I think it's true? Not entirely, but crazier things happen.
Chaosdreams
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams
Posts : 1149
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 28
Location : Ontario

Back to top Go down

Character Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Character Speculation

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum