SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff

Page 26 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26

Go down

SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 26 Empty Re: SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff

Post by papertoonz on Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:44 am

Pic of the day. Congratulations to the European region where Super Smash Bros. for Wii U was launched today!! Today's post is completely off-topic though. It's the Wrecking Crew stage. When you make the bombs explode, the shock from the explosion transfers to the walls and destroys them. When there are only two panels or less holding up a floor, the floor will crash down, making the stage change constantly.

Spoiler:
SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 26 QcPN2hv

You might get stuck inside a metal barrel that falls from above. Players can attack you while you're stuck, so get yourself out by mashing buttons.

Spoiler:
SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 26 AGc9A0f
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

Back to top Go down

SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 26 Empty Re: SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff

Post by papertoonz on Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:44 am

Pic of the day. When you play Master Orders in Special Orders mode, you will need to use a certain amount of gold to buy a ticket to enter. If you win the challenge, you'll get a reward determined by the difficulty level. The challenges may sound simple, but playing them on Very Hard is quite challenging.

Spoiler:
SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 26 IthJFE2

On the other hand, the rules in Crazy Orders are very different. You'll earn one turn for every win, and each turn gets harder and harder. Some of your accumulated damage will get carried over. Crazy Hand will challenge your after 2 turns, so you'll earn your rewards if you beat him. The final battle will be an HP battle and the more accumulated damage you have, the more HP you'll have in the fight...so the trick is to be a little risky.

Spoiler:
SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 26 6MZQETq
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:02 am

Pic of the day. Two-player options were added to a wide range of modes in this game.
-Classic
-All-Star
-Events
-Home-Run Contest (up to four players)
-Multi-Man Brawl (up to four players) -Target Smash!! (up to four players)
-Trophy Rush
-Online Team Battles
Have fun with your siblings and friends.

Spoiler:
SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 26 Lu6Om9F
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:02 pm

Damn, look at all of those co-op modes. The team really outdid themselves this time. I finally bought the game on Friday, so  I can't wait to try out Online Team Battles with friends against random online players a la All-Sta-Oh, wait. what

Seriously, what does Nintendo have against online co-op in their games. I really wish they stopped throwing around that BS mantra of playing together in the same room being the only suitable choice when plenty of people don't have that luxury.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:20 pm

From what I understand (or at least what Pirate told me), you can do the co-op modes online. Unless he was mistaken. 

Or are you just talking about random 2v2? Because I don't believe that exists, yeah. Which sucks, but I'll take random FFA and 1v1 for now and friendly matches in between.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:33 pm

Yeah, random 2v2 lol.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:52 am

Pic of the day. Some characters were displayed flat in their original games, so we made some trophies flat as well. For example, flat trophies from Rhythm Heaven and WarioWare…

Spoiler:
SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 26 VUzR8qt

Strike different poses when viewed from behind!! The designers made these from scratch for this game--thank you, designers. There are other trophies that may strike a completely different pose, and some may not even show their backs at all.

Spoiler:
SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 26 L78b1Ml
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:24 am

Pic of the day. To train your amiibo, it's important to give them hands-on time in battles. If you play against your amiibo with the same character, you can act as its teacher and help them learn moves easier. That said, it's also important to "feed" your amiibo equipment so you can make them stronger and give them special abilities.

Spoiler:
SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 26 GYQeGDU

The effects in red show when a special ability will have a negative impact, but this is not necessarily a bad thing since the equipment might raise your amiibo's overall stats. It's also important to note that there's a limit on how much you can level an amiibo no matter how much you keep feeding it. However, you can change their balance of attack, defense, and speed.

Spoiler:
SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 26 NDz1dWy

god with all the games coming out i;m starting to forget to post PotD
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:09 pm

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/252373/super-smash-bros-creator-says-wii-u-version-likely-his-final-in-the-franchise/

Sakurai seems genuine here. There's a good chance he gets wrangled back in Kojima style, or that after Kid Icarus 4 he gets the urge and jumps back in. But if not, Nintendo needs a new leader for this - someone at least as meticulous as him.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:42 pm

Right now the only guy at Nintendo I think could lead this project as effectively (if not moreso, actually) would be Miyamoto. But Sakurai includes insane amounts of detail, and while he rules with an iron fist, with a huge amount of unlockables and whatever. People mostly slam him on the roster and some of his dumb ideas (tripping is awful).

That said, what if Platinum took up on helping with the franchise? We might get Bayonetta and Wonder Red (instead of Pittoo) if they do.
Piratemankelly
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:07 pm

Someone more moderate would be ideal. You don't need to move into your place of employment to do a good job, and you don't need to shut out a lot of ideas immediately for the more conservative options (more clones over powering through with ICs or Ridley). I don't know it Nintendo has that person already, though. It's definitely not Miyamoto - the fact that he even let Smash happen in the first place is shocking. Remember this is the same guy that nearly shut down WW, cut Mario Galaxy's story, demanded an OoT remake instead of a WW sequel, etc.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:48 pm

I agree, DP. But as off-topic as this might seem, I have to bring this up... Did we ever get an update on the condition of Sakurai's hand? Seriously lol.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:03 pm

He actually quit because he worked tirelessly on the new Smash-- test playing and demoing for nothing short of 23.7442 hours per day, without letting his hand recover. Now it's permanently damaged.
Piratemankelly
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:01 pm

Yeah, that was entirely his own fault though. He could've had the focus be directed on modes or something for a few months rather than heavy test-play all day every day.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:43 am

Pic of the day. Tomorrow, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will be released in Japan! The players in Japan had to wait a bit longer for their release, but then again, they did get the 3DS version first. We were glad to be able to release this game in the Americas just in time for Thanksgiving in the United States.

Spoiler:
SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 26 SCvzNaV

Pic of the day has continued since E3 2013, and I would like to bring this series to a close today. A total of 384 posts and roughly 500 screenshots have been posted, and there's even more screenshots if you count the ones I've posted for different regions.

The origins of pic of the day was sharing one picture a day of the game in development inside the company. It started out just as a small bonus for the staff.

However, once we started sharing pictures with the public, it was a much tougher process. We had to be more careful to choose appropriate pictures to post while keeping a consistant schedule regardless of how busy we got, all while some people only wanted new information from my posts.

It's nice to finally be able to get one weight off of my shoulders. But, we promised to create Mewtwo as a playable character, so I can't relax too much yet. I hope you'll look forward to Mewtwo joining the battle!

well then i don't know what to say
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:32 am

Well, it was a good run. I really enjoyed the Pics while they came, just liked I did with the Dojo (which I was a little more obsessive about). 

Still wish there was more DLC than Mewtwo, but whatever. I just hope that the next game in the series, assuming there is one, has a worthy leader and doesn't take out a lot of Sakurai's inane details that make the series great. The abundant trophies, tons of fantastic music, the minigames, the modes, etc. It'll be hard to find someone as detail-oriented as him. 

That said, my hopes for the next game as far as the roster goes is to mostly build without taking away. I want Wolf, I want Lucas, I want Ice Climbers, and I want more newcomers. The only character I specifically don't mind seeing leave is Dark Pit (Dr. Mario and Lucina are iffy), but barring him I very much enjoy this cast.

Also, while I don't want Target Blast to be taken out of the game, I do want regular Target Smash to be brought back.
Piratemankelly
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:14 am

Congrats Sakurai. I did it better with PSAS.

XD
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:25 pm

hopefully the person who takes over will actually try to put ridley in
dragonfire111
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:32 pm

That'd be sick.
Piratemankelly
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:46 pm

Watch Pichu return just for spite.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:33 am

so this just popped up

Hi everyone, I hope you’re enjoying Super Smash Bros. for Wii U!

I have an announcement... Wait for it... We’re doing a photo event using the photo studio in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U! Woot woot!!

Our first theme is...Eat! Try to take a snapshot that matches the theme, then post it to this photo event community after you’ve carefully read through the guidelines and instructions on how to participate.

*Be sure to post your snapshot as a new post, and not as a comment to my post! Doing so won’t count as you submitting your entry.

Out of the submissions, Mr. Sakurai and the development staff will choose our favorites and announce our top pics.

Even if you don’t have Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, give a Yeah to the screenshots that make your mouth water, and cheer everyone on!

Thanks, good luck, and I’ll be looking forward to seeing everyone’s submissions! (Here’s my shot at it. Take it away, Chrom!)

“Cook this too!”
Spoiler:
SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 26 LnVEOiN

so os ot dead?
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:13 pm

I really like that.

This is a good idea. It would be cool if Ninty makes these Photo contests a thing. Maybe give a free shitgame or a dollar or two points for the eShop for winners, they could turn this into a thing. 

They won't, though.
Piratemankelly
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26