SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Go down

SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff

Post by 0CTAVE on Tue May 13, 2014 8:23 pm

Mega Charizard X looks soooooo awesome!!
0CTAVE
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

https://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff

Post by papertoonz on Wed May 14, 2014 4:02 am

dragonfire111 wrote:Recoil damage oh great pichu all over again. hopefully the attack is good enough to justify using it consecutively

it's only hurts zard if he hits with from the comment and is it good i dont know and i dont really care never liked charizard anyway

Pic of the day. Here's one of my personal favorites, the trophy of Brittany from Pikmin 3. She won't be joining the battle, but her model and expression is well-designed.

Spoiler:
SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 2 0EKGrjs
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Thu May 15, 2014 3:31 am

Pic of the day. The unexpected Assist Trophy, the TV-Game 15! Color TV-Game 15 is a home entertainment system that was released in 1977 in Japan before the release of Space Invaders. This is the oldest game to join the Smash Bros. series.

Spoiler:
SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 2 YYoCwlO

Normally, controllers for these types of games had knobs with variable resistors--these allowed the players to control in-game movement by how far they twisted the knobs. The TV-Game 15 used microswitches instead. We've worked a little too hard to reenact the behavior of the original, so the paddles always move in linear paths with the same, consistent speed. We pay attention to such peculiar details!
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Fri May 16, 2014 3:11 am

Pic of the day. You can choose to play as the girl villager too!! How lovely.

Spoiler:
SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 2 ZtF4LPP
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri May 16, 2014 7:46 am

Okay now they're TRYING to scare the shit out of children. Dem eyes.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Fri May 16, 2014 7:50 am

SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 2 IXgqxzfxEWLbH
"You thought that other guy was crazy?"

SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 2 I9LEaPhr62Kpe
"You ain't seen NOTHIN' yet"

SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 2 IX91bYGdyNyzA
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Fri May 16, 2014 11:51 am

I knew a female village was coming but I didn't expect so many alts! 0.0
0CTAVE
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Fri May 16, 2014 1:04 pm

papertoonz wrote:SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 2 IXgqxzfxEWLbH
"You thought that other guy was crazy?"

SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 2 I9LEaPhr62Kpe
"You ain't seen NOTHIN' yet"

SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 2 IX91bYGdyNyzA
*deep evil voice* "I HAVE SEEN THE GATES OF HELL"
dragonfire111
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Mon May 19, 2014 3:55 am

Pic of the day. Under certain circumstances, the creatures on this planet appear to grow larger and go berserk. The Pikmin and I must be cautious lest we lose our heads to these beasts.

Spoiler:
SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 2 2vcoHtM
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Mon May 19, 2014 3:46 pm

Boxer: "I eat little people now."
BigBox
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Tue May 20, 2014 3:34 am

Pic of the day. This is the capsule for the Assist Trophies. It may emit rainbow-colored lights, or even blink. Even if there's something like a Color TV-Game 15 insideā€¦.

Spoiler:
SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 2 HZ3SYKip
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue May 20, 2014 4:30 pm

That day, not one fuck was given.
BigBox
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Wed May 21, 2014 3:58 am

Pic of the day. The leg and arm positions of some characters will automatically be mirrored when facing left or right. Mario, for example, will have his chest shown in the foreground regardless of whether he's facing right or left. This was quite a tedious task, but thanks to it we can show the best features of each character even better.

Spoiler:
SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 2 Zc75s21

Here's another example: in the previous games, you saw the back of Kirby's head when facing left. Now Kirby looks great from any angle.

Spoiler:
SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 2 V2Mox8t
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed May 21, 2014 10:43 am

That is something we had to look at with Axis, too. Specifically with Link. With sprites, it's a total bitch, so I'd imagine it'd be pretty bad with 3D models too.

And that Palutena statue keeps pushing me to the camp of "she's not in."
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Wed May 21, 2014 1:25 pm

i gotta say bowsers new stance is great it makes him quite intimidating
dragonfire111
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed May 21, 2014 7:48 pm

I agree, Dragon. The new pose definitely beats the Quasimodo-physique he had going for a while.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Wed May 21, 2014 10:47 pm

I hope we get Shiny Greninja as a recolorā€¦=/
0CTAVE
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkie Pie on Thu May 22, 2014 2:18 am

DP, why in the hay would that Palutena statue mean she isn't playable?
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Welcome To BUZZ!
Welcome To BUZZ!

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Thu May 22, 2014 3:25 am

Pic of the day. In previous games in the series, if you chose the red team in a team battle, your Mario would have been red. But now you can choose any color you want! The color outlining the characters will show their team affiliation.

Spoiler:
SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 2 BKAfo9Q
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu May 22, 2014 3:36 am

Hey, PSAS influence!

And I cannot recall a stage where a playable character makes a nonplayable appearance. Toon Link even disappears on the Spirit Tracks stage to prevent this kind of thing from happening. Having a Palutena stage just screams overrepresentation if she's a character - why not highlight a different element of KI in that case? Hades wasn't playable in PSAS.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Thu May 22, 2014 3:44 am

DP wrote:Hey, PSAS influence!

And I cannot recall a stage where a playable character makes a nonplayable appearance. Toon Link even disappears on the Spirit Tracks stage to prevent this kind of thing from happening. Having a Palutena stage just screams overrepresentation if she's a character - why not highlight a different element of KI in that case? Hades wasn't playable in PSAS.

there is a fuck ton of ROBs in sup space emissary yet you can play as one

there is also a ROB statue on the Port Town Aero Dive brawl stage

SSB4 news thread of daliy pics and other stuff - Page 2 640px-ROB_statue

and i dont think PSAS had your outlines change, only your player icon over your character
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu May 22, 2014 4:11 am

I was talking about the influence of being able to change your color while on a set team.

As for the ROBs, I'll stand corrected on the stage, though ROB is essentially a species in Nintendo lore, whereas there's only one Palutena.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Thu May 22, 2014 9:47 am

I don't think PSAS had any influence at all in the outline color decision considering people were talking / speculating about them doing something like this since before Brawl. . They had the outline for the 3DS version, and probably thought "you know, why not?" Nonetheless, I think it's a great idea.

About the Palutena statue, I don't think it means anything. If it were her, then okay, but it's just a statue. Palutena's Temple made sense as a Kid Icarus stage to get that "Sky World" feel. Granted, in game, I don't think it was the most memorable chapter in Uprising, but it was definitely a very important one.

Besides, it makes even more sense for Palutena's home stage-- her own temple-- to have a statue of her.

Also, since I never commented on the the mirroring, it likely won't affect some characters, especially for weapon users. I doubt they'll mirror Link, Toon Link, Marth, inevitable 2nd FE rep, Meta Knight, Samus, Megaman, etc, considering they hold their weapons (or have unique features) on one particular side of their body. They'll still face the screen, though.
Piratemankelly
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Thu May 22, 2014 9:54 am

the whole mirroring thing is weird but i think it can be boiled down to, symmetrical characters will be mirrors while asymmetrical characters won't be

and Pirate Megaman will be mirrored BTW
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkie Pie on Thu May 22, 2014 10:51 am

The mirroring isn't to bad. So long as some of them are not changed, like Link and Peach.
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Welcome To BUZZ!
Welcome To BUZZ!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next