Smash Leak Thread

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Smash Leak Thread Empty Smash Leak Thread

Post by Piratemankelly on Sun May 25, 2014 11:21 am

Grains of salt abound, but due to the fact that GameFaqs literally figuratively exploded with this over night, I figure it's probably worth mentioning.

There's this new rumor going round about a character select screen leak. Normally there'd be a few topics on it and generally people would go "pssh, whatever," but due to the fact that the links were removed from Imgur (and Gamefaqs topics talking about it), people are in a bit of a tiffy, arguing about how dumb people are for believing it and vice versa.

Here's a link I managed to find, since it's actually pretty illusive:
https://imgur.com/a/SM2y2

It looks to be a pretty large roster, but I have some issues with it. Since when do Smash select screens display all of the not-yet-unlocked characters? I mean, maybe they did in the original, my memory is hazy, but in both Melee and Brawl they added boxes to the screen.

Secondly, why is the box next to Pit unlocked in one screen but not the others? Well, whether legit or not, that little bit is clearly trolling, since it'd line up to be after ZSS and thus, likely a Metroid character whose name ends in "Y." Naturally, that itself is sparking major Ridley debates, not that those ever stop.

Lastly, and this is only from looking at it for a few minutes, there seems to be a smudge under Sonic in one picture that magically moves to between him and WFT in another. Now, we could potentially attribute that to taking a picture off of a screen on the 3DS or maybe the Gamepad from different angles, but even then...

Thoughts?
Piratemankelly
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

Back to top Go down

Smash Leak Thread Empty Re: Smash Leak Thread

Post by Thirty3Three on Sun May 25, 2014 11:30 am

Fakke :)
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Sun May 25, 2014 11:52 am

I'm assuming so, but hey, it's something.

Alright, so, I was drafting a little mock-up and trying to fill some of those slots. 

Mario-Luigi-Peach-Rosalina-Bowser-Yoshi-Wario-DK-Diddy-3rd DK Rep (Dixie or K Rool)-Kirby-Dedede-Meta Knight-Fox-Falco-Wolf-ROB

Link-Zelda-Sheik-Toon Link-Ganondorf-Samus-ZSS-Ridley-Pit-Palutena-Villager-Ness-Lucas-Ice Climbers-G&W-Mac-??

Pikachu-Charizard-Lucario-Greninja-Jigglypuff-Mewtwo / Other Poke-Marth-Ike-?? (Maybe another FE rep)-C. Falcon-Olimar-WFT-??-Sonic-Megaman-?? (Another 3rd party- I'd guess Pac Man)-?? (Another third party? I believe it might be suggesting Snake or Bayonetta)

Of course, this is just for fun, but I tried to fill in gaps in priority of A. known returning veterans and newcomers, B. expected but unannounced veterans by series, C. potential newcomers based on series placement and whatnot, and D. remaining veterans whose spot I couldn't quite give a good placement on (and so I avoided the potential 3rd FE spot and the potential 3rd party spots).

Keep in mind, however, any spot is really just a guess, and the Random button could appear anywhere. That said, I'd say it's the bottom right corner where I'd lump the less likely 4th 3rd party character would go.
I would also say the very center, but that's where Pit is. (I feel a "that's Sakurai for you" joke coming from DP coming on).

Adding it all together, that leaves a sum total of 51 characters on this roster, 50 if you take one away for the Random button. That's a hell of a lot bigger than a reasonable roster would try to guess, imo. Additionally, that leaves a good 4-5 characters based on my little mockup blank, although I would have some guess as to what would fill them. 

However, it could fit with the Gematsu rumor. I already have Palutena in that list. The maybe-third FE character could be Chrom. Pacman next to Megaman. Instead of Random (assuming you press a button on the controller or something), make it a Mii in the corner. Pop Shulk and Chorus Kids in either of the two open slots and you have a filled board.
Piratemankelly
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun May 25, 2014 12:36 pm

Nope. I almost hought it could possibly be the E3 build but there are no signs of many characters already revealed. The E3 build will most definitely have (currently) unrevealed reps, and since not even Ike is there, it's a fake posted a day too late. Plus, the twenty other reps that they didn't care to throw in.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun May 25, 2014 3:19 pm

I doubt it just because having the chosen character box outline overlap with Marth's design looks sloppy.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Sun May 25, 2014 5:44 pm

fake

for starters why would they show how many characters are gonna be in the game and in some pics why are little mac and megaman while other they are unlocked

also the dude who made this said its the best buy demo while other smash demos didn't show any lock characters, they order what they were showing

Smash Leak Thread Meleebetasel
Smash Leak Thread E_for_All_2007_Character_Select

there is also one line of pixel error with the ridley pic
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sun May 25, 2014 7:13 pm

as much as i want this to be true i think its probably fake
though we will see for sure when the playable demos come out
dragonfire111
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sun May 25, 2014 9:19 pm

Fake, although thanks to previous statements we know there won't be more than 35 characters.
BigBox
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Sun May 25, 2014 9:23 pm

Oh? What statements are these?

35 seems a bit low considering Brawl had 39, and we already have like 30 confirmed.
Piratemankelly
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sun May 25, 2014 9:26 pm

We have less than 25 confirmed.  This picture counts 21, and it's 22 with the inclusion of Ike(I'm not sure if Greninja is on there).  On top of the fact they haven't been that hot on reveals anymore.  I would be surprised if the roster went over 35.

Last edited by Anaconda_Vice on Sun May 25, 2014 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigBox
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sun May 25, 2014 9:35 pm

Anaconda_Vice wrote:We have less than 25 confirmed.

anyway im wondering if this will end up like greninjas leak for X/Y everyone thought it was fake and it turned out real
dragonfire111
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun May 25, 2014 11:16 pm

We have exactly 30 with Ike now.  Spoiler below is proof, and mostly in order of reveal date:
Spoiler:

1. WFT
2. DK
3. Fox
4. Samus
5. Pit
6. Link
7. Pikachu
8. Kirby
9. Bowser
10. Mega-Man
11. Villager(s)
12. Mario
13. Olimar
14. Lucario
15. Dedede
16. Rosalina/Luma
17. Marth
18. Sonic
19. Toon Link
20. Peach
21. Luigi
22. Little Mac
23. Zelda
24. Diddy
25. ZSS
26. Sheik
27. Yoshi
28. Greninja
29. Charizard
30. Ike

Let's remember that 1/5 of those have been revealed in the past two months (the months of April/May, for specifics); that Smash Bros. will be present in both the Direct (which will have a reveal or two), the Smash tournament, AND the 90 minute live Q&A with Sakurai (where we'll almost definitely get the BIG reveals of E3); and that there are still 9 almost-definite returning characters.  Those characters are listed below:
Spoiler:

1. Wario
2. Ganondorf
3. Ice Climbers
4. Meta-Knight
5. Falco OR Wolf (one, not both, in all likelihood)
6. Captain Falcon
7. Jigglypuff
8. Ness
9. Game & Watch

Plus some people feel the other Star Fox rep and ROB will return because of Ike's return, which does make that more plausible.

That's 39 if and when all of those listed return (and more if the non-numbered ones come back too). And THEN there are definitely a few more challengers left, because every facet of game marketing says so.  The possibilities include the likely (Mewtwo's long-awaited return, Ridley, a second Kid Icarus rep, a now-third FE rep, Shulk/Monolith character, and a Namco rep), the possible (another Zelda rep, another DK rep, etc.), and the unlikely-but-still-possible (Bayonetta, a second Sonic rep, etc.).

So unless Sakurai completely ignored the fans, we're going over my expected 42 characters by virtue of definite returns and the five requested additions I listed in likely (with the second KI rep making six).  That means we're closer to Pirate's predicted 46 than I expected.

Fuck, Ike really screwed my theory/predicted roster cuts hard.  And that's likely exactly why Sakurai revealed him out of the blue.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Sun May 25, 2014 11:45 pm

more "leak"

Smash Leak Thread 9MrcQa1

"yeah it's real"

also on the topic of the full roster being at 30 right now is getting close to brawls roster of 39 (or 43) and with both toon link and Ike coming back i'm pretty sure that sakurai is going for a 'no cuts' feel and the only characters i can see being cut would be Squitle, Ivysaur and Snake. that leaves 11 characters not count for which would push the roster to 41 and then even more with newcomers.

i'm betting that the roster will probably be in the higher 40s even making 50

Last edited by papertoonz on Mon May 26, 2014 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Sun May 25, 2014 11:56 pm

W-what design is that?

Based on Google images, it doesn't really look like Other M to me, but that head is so weird. So weird...

In any case, this "leak" was fun while it lasted. Seems to me like the "leaker" is just trying to extend his 5 minutes of anonymous fame.

Of course, there's always the minute chance that this is legit and we'll all look like idiots, but that has as good a chance of happening as germs have of surviving Purel.
Piratemankelly
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Mon May 26, 2014 8:56 am

if thats real whose stupid idea was it to have ridley with a different artstyle than everyone else in the cast
dragonfire111
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three on Mon May 26, 2014 10:14 am

Guys. They shows signs towards Ridley. Of course it's fake, hah. They wanted you to deduce that. Also the boarder for Ridley's square is off.  Just sayin'.
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon May 26, 2014 11:47 am

Thirty, everybody knows it's fake. The thread is more about the roster now than the leak itself.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three on Mon May 26, 2014 3:56 pm

DP wrote:Thirty, everybody knows it's fake. The thread is more about the roster now than the leak itself.
I enjoy roosters. But don't you think that's a bit off-topic?
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Mon May 26, 2014 4:05 pm

Thirty3Three wrote:I enjoy roosters. But don't you think that's a bit off-topic?

i think he means the points you made where already pointed out before
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three on Mon May 26, 2014 4:26 pm

papertoonz wrote:
Thirty3Three wrote:I enjoy roosters. But don't you think that's a bit off-topic?

i think he means the points you made where already pointed out before

Pointers? Like... laser pointers? I'm confused.
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Mon May 26, 2014 5:03 pm

okay if your gonna be like that then this is the only leak i will believe is real

Smash Leak Thread T4BHoWa
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three on Mon May 26, 2014 5:22 pm

papertoonz wrote:okay if your gonna be like that then this is the only leak i will believe is real

Smash Leak Thread T4BHoWa
I believe. Lookz Legiiiit. That'll be awesome on my gateway card.
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Mon May 26, 2014 6:49 pm

I remember reading an article a long time ago where Sakurai said that the new Super Smash Brothers won't have a higher number of characters than Brawl did.  This is because the characters were extremely hard to balance due to the sheer number of them.  I'll try to see if I can find the article
this_is_marko
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : this_is_Marko

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Mon May 26, 2014 6:52 pm

this_is_marko wrote: extremely hard to balance

if that ends up being the reason for not that many characters then i will laugh
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon May 26, 2014 11:46 pm

Marko, he said that the game would have relatively the same roster size as Brawl. BUT, that was his first comments about the game, and it is in this same Direct that he said there would be the same AMOUNT of characters between both versions (never specifying that they would indeed be the same rosters until a few months ago). Once he saw how quick his new devteam with Namco was, I'm sure that changed. Let's remember that Tekken is one of the more technical and balanced games out there with consistent rosters of 50+.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next