gematsu "leak"

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

gematsu "leak" Empty gematsu "leak"

Post by dragonfire111 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:53 am

so in a very similar situation to themink (who as much as i hate to admit it, was right in the end) some guy predicted an unlikely character (WFT) and now is claiming leak status
what do you think of the leak and would be ok with these characters in the game
here are my thoughts
Chorus men: oh god no. dont get me wrong RHF is a good series but it would fit so much better as an AT or a stage
Chrom: eh id prefer lucina but alright
Shulk: the best thing about this "leak" shulk would be a great character and he could have quite the interesting moveset
Pac man: dont really care weather hes in or not. he was before my time
Mii: please no

im kindof thinking (hoping) he just got lucky with wii fit trainer. Yeah he also predicted Little Mac Megaman and Villager but cmon people have been guessing them for ages, also he never mentioned rosalina
dragonfire111
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

Back to top Go down

gematsu "leak" Empty Re: gematsu "leak"

Post by DP on Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:37 pm

I know there was a guy who called Little Mac and started getting proclaimed as a God on GAF, but don't know if this is the same guy.

"Predicting" a random guess and then stating obvious fan favorite picks isn't really that big a deal to me

Besides, didn't mink guess a few characters that were never even hinted at to this day? I know he got Isaac, Kat, and Dart, but I swear he guessed like Calypso or something.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:26 pm

Yeah, I don't believe the Gematsu leak.

Megaman was hugely speculated since Brawl (not that him being in the game is any less awesome), Villager was also widely speculated despite Sakurai having said no to him in the past, Little Mac was obvious, and "Pokemon from X/Y" was entirely too generic to really carry weight.

Like, even if he had outright said "Greninja," I wouldn't have batted an eye. He's by far the most obvious Gen 6 rep. He's basically the Charizard of his generation, and I'm willing to bet that if their trios swapped Gens, Greninja would be in the same echelon of love that the old not-dragon dragon is in.

However, to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't dislike this leak to be true. Personally, I believe Palutena will be in the game. Same with a FE: Awakening rep, Chrom being one of 3 major choices (no way in hell Owain or Tharja, but Robin and Lucina are plausible).

Shulk is definitely a fan-pleaser to add. Mii could have a lot of cool concepts, like being a Mokujin or being basically a different version of Villager with more sports related or other Wii gimmick moves. Plus, being able to use your own Mii in Smash would be kickass, in addition to maybe a few other preset ones like Reggie and Uncle Shiggy.

Pacman isn't really too outlandish considering Namco's helping with the game, and the Galaga invaders with the Namco flag thing. That said, I totally wouldn't mind Nightmare from Soul Calibur xD.

And last, and this is the only one that would actually make me believe this leak unless all of the rest are confirmed, is the Chorus Men. Perhaps the only character more outlandish than WFT, which so far is really the only thing I find particularly credible about this leak.

But I could totally see the Chorus Men being really cool. They're so intentionally generic that they could be a base for everything related to Rhythm Heaven. Utilize various minigames in their moveset, and heck, make them unique (like every other newcomer) by making a moveset very rhythm-based.

Like, timing is key. Technically, it's actually something the rest of the roster doesn't really have.

But one more thing, and please ignore the fact that this is a wall-o-text like every other post I... post.

So far, the Gematsu "leak" has correctly predicted (if we feel like counting the vague Pokemon statement) every newcomer except ONE.

Rosalina slipped by the word-of-mouth, which means that, even if this leak is true, it's not necessarily every newcomer in the game.
Piratemankelly
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three on Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:39 pm

Well it's obviously legit. He didn't just "guess" Zeus and Isaac. People are far too pessimistic and believe he just got lucky. How stupid must these people be? He obviously had some insider knowledge. I doubt he'd throw his credibility away by lying here and now.

His predictions have been spot-on so far. Also, I can see how Shulk and Chrom have a HUGE chance of being in, let alone Pac-Man. He also got the "X/Y Pokemon", being Greninja.

I'm just waiting on Classic Link (Link's Awakening). I can settle for Chibi Link from ALBW though.
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three on Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:41 pm

Piratemankelly wrote:Yeah, I don't believe the Gematsu leak.

Megaman was hugely speculated since Brawl (not that him being in the game is any less awesome), Villager was also widely speculated despite Sakurai having said no to him in the past, Little Mac was obvious, and "Pokemon from X/Y" was entirely too generic to really carry weight.

Like, even if he had outright said "Greninja," I wouldn't have batted an eye. He's by far the most obvious Gen 6 rep. He's basically the Charizard of his generation, and I'm willing to bet that if their trios swapped Gens, Greninja would be in the same echelon of love that the old not-dragon dragon is in.

However, to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't dislike this leak to be true. Personally, I believe Palutena will be in the game. Same with a FE: Awakening rep, Chrom being one of 3 major choices (no way in hell Owain or Tharja, but Robin and Lucina are plausible).

Shulk is definitely a fan-pleaser to add. Mii could have a lot of cool concepts, like being a Mokujin or being basically a different version of Villager with more sports related or other Wii gimmick moves. Plus, being able to use your own Mii in Smash would be kickass, in addition to maybe a few other preset ones like Reggie and Uncle Shiggy.

Pacman isn't really too outlandish considering Namco's helping with the game, and the Galaga invaders with the Namco flag thing. That said, I totally wouldn't mind Nightmare from Soul Calibur xD.

And last, and this is the only one that would actually make me believe this leak unless all of the rest are confirmed, is the Chorus Men. Perhaps the only character more outlandish than WFT, which so far is really the only thing I find particularly credible about this leak.

But I could totally see the Chorus Men being really cool. They're so intentionally generic that they could be a base for everything related to Rhythm Heaven. Utilize various minigames in their moveset, and heck, make them unique (like every other newcomer) by making a moveset very rhythm-based.

Like, timing is key. Technically, it's actually something the rest of the roster doesn't really have.

But one more thing, and please ignore the fact that this is a wall-o-text like every other post I... post.

So far, the Gematsu "leak" has correctly predicted (if we feel like counting the vague Pokemon statement) every newcomer except ONE.

Rosalina slipped by the word-of-mouth, which means that, even if this leak is true, it's not necessarily every newcomer in the game.

Also, just because he didn't guess Rosalina doesn't mean he's automatically fake. He may not have known about Rosalina. That's a totally fair assumption. It's not like these rumored character listed would be the only ones left to reveal.
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:56 pm

I never said the fact the he failed to state Rosalina meant he was fake. I just said that if he is right, then the characters he says isn't necessarily all of the newcomers. Basically, I said exactly what you said.

For the record, quoting my entire wall-o-text to address the last bit of it is just a space-waster. Just quote what you want to quote.

Also, I don't recall anyone stating that the guy who "leaked" this is the same as the guy who leaked Zeus and Isaac. Yeah, DP mentioned PSASBR leaks, but nothing connecting them.

Anyway, like I said, the only character this leak states that makes it really seem legit is WFT, because everyone else was speculated fairly often by a lot of people.

And "Pokemon from X/Y" is so vague I'd hardly count it. He was covered for like 70 Pokemon, in addition to the chance that it was actually a Kalos Trainer with multiple, since he never specified how many Pokemon. Again, like I said, even if he had said Greninja it wouldn't have been surprising.
Piratemankelly
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:03 pm

Mink never guessed Zeus as far as I can remember, Thirty. He guessed Isaac as the first DLC, not the second, and also IIRC a rep I can't remember exactly but one that never got confirmed to ever be considered.

But that's off-topic. I probably shouldn't have mentioned that lol.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:59 pm

I don't care about leaks, so I won't join the discussion and rather throw in my two sense.  Wait for official announcements.  Unless you're following a Super Bot leak, then in that case we know that they're all true.
BigBox
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:40 pm

Discussing leaks is all part of the fun of speculation.

Also, for the record, the saying is "throw in my two cents." It's an idiom.
Piratemankelly
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:43 pm

Don't fudge with me Priate >.>
BigBox
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:05 pm

No complaints about Chrom or Shulk, literally having those two added would put a big smile on my face. Shulk would be my main, hands down.

So much love for that company.

In regards to the "leak" i'm shrugging. Anyone can make assumptions and have them come true, it's called logical thinking, step by step, weeding out the possibilities of what's came and what's to come.

Now, if everything that's predicted comes true, then, all hail the leak giver.
Chaosdreams
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:24 pm

Finally remembered why mink was bullshit:

He confirmed and then reconfirmed Lightning twice, and then confirmed a Square Enix item, and then leaked Ryu Hyabusa - none of which have ever come out as being plausible.

There, that's finalized (and also helps me rebut that bullshit "SuperBot leaks were always 100% accurate" comment). On topic: Smash leaks don't happen. They just don't. Japanese developers hold really tightly to the NDAs, and Nintendo of America likely isn't even touching this game since it's launching worldwide - they probably just moved a few translators out there if they didn't have any already in Japan. So who does that leave to leak the info?

And ANY credible leak would flat-out confirm or deconfirm the current big two - Mewtwo and Ridley. No source would avoid telling this info (because the sources always do it for attention and power and thus leak news people want once they're deemed credible), and no leaker would hide this shit when revealing other requested reps like Chrom and Shulk.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:30 am

They probably did have those characters and that as an item, but then the brands probably pulled their stuff due to the leaks.  Because, at the time Sony clearly possessed the rights to use Final Fantasy characters.  Example would be Lightning being in the Michael Trailer, but I'm getting off-topic now.
BigBox
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:48 pm

The burden of proof sits with the person making outlandish remarks. If you have to think of a stretched reason to defend a leaker's legitimacy, he probably isn't for real. That's all I need to say, and that matches both the main and side discussions of the thread. Now, back onto the main one.

Until we get the absolutely crazy pick, there's no reason to believe this Smash leaker. Everybody could guess all of the others besides maybe WFT. How he got her right kind of intrigues me, but one stretch pick does not really mean shit in the end. Now, TWO stretch picks, one of which I KNOW nobody think of without intentionally trying to sound crazy - THAT would make me believe. If Rhythm Heaven is represented as a character, this guy has me pretty sold, so long as he doesn't start making stupid flip-flop predictions.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:19 pm

i dont really believe the leak i just thought it would be interesting to talk about it
the only thing that would make me believe it would be chourus men actually getting in
dragonfire111
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:05 am

DP wrote:On topic: Smash leaks don't happen. They just don't. Japanese developers hold really tightly to the NDAs, and Nintendo of America likely isn't even touching this game since it's launching worldwide - they probably just moved a few translators out there if they didn't have any already in Japan. So who does that leave to leak the info?
Actually leaked characters in fighting games is common. especially in Japan. I point out pretty much every capcom fighter ever. in fact leaking characters, especially in japanese games, isn't just common its EXPECTED. 

remember this is being developed at Namco, with Capcom and Sega and Nintendo involved. possibly Platinum as well, if Sakurais tweets are interpreted correctly (He was at the HQ when knee deep in development. that screams Wonder Red or hopefully Bayonetta.) now take into account the likes of Retro and Monolith are involved too, to help with their characters, you realize that with a game this big details WILL get out. theres too many avenues it could be to trace, but its probably Namco.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:25 pm

The most conservative, hand-picked studio in gaming, led by a control freak.

Yeah, MvC gets leaks often, but we had one SF leak I can recall, none for Tekken, and I'll give benefit of the doubt to one for SC. I attribute the MvC leaks to that studio rather than the whole of Capcom (and since Capcom and Sega would only know of their included reps, that pulls their possible leaks down to few). Namco COULD be responsible, but one game series with a tendency for leaks (one thats not even a Namco franchise) does not make a strong enough reasoning to believe it's a Japanese subculture thing compared to, well, everything Japanese game developers have ever done that points to the contrary.

This is the game that Nintendo needs to have full hype for if they want a Wii U comeback. I can't see the House of Mario having leaky pipes on something this big - and if they did on NoA's side, we'd see similar leaks with MK8 right now.

That covers pretty much all avenues, except for the possibility of like one American guy working in Japan right now that felt leaky.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:55 pm

House of Mario... leaky pipes... I like that. 

Anyway, the only way I could see it really getting leaked would be by translators working on stuff, although even then the translations are probably happening in Japan. Sakurai would likely literally eat anybody that leaks his precious game.

So, I completely forgot to mention, out of the 5/11 characters "leaked," 4 of them were from the first round. Mac, Villager, WFT, and Megaman were all from last year's E3.

The only one from the new batch that matches is Greninja, but he has the dubious distinction of his "leak" simply saying "Pokemon from X/Y." That's the same as saying "Capcom rep," "new Mario character," (although Rosalina wasn't actually "leaked"), or "Wii original character."

Who's to say that, even if the initial 6 are true, the second wave is as well?
Piratemankelly
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three on Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:47 am

https://twitter.com/SmashLeaks1

3DS version leaks:

Wario, C. Falcon, Falco, Jigglypuff, Green Hill Zone (Sonic-Brawl Stage), and Choir Boy are all in.

There's a video of choir boy too. Watch carefully. The bumper thing spins right as he passes too. Also, you can clearly see that the leaked returners are 3ds-version-esque (outlined, graphically-similar, and whatnot).

I'm not saying they're real, but it seems convincing to me. Who knows though.
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:52 am

no they are fake, SO fake

gematsu "leak" BlsbDqoCMAAENFd

you tell me this is real
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:17 pm

That Kirby. That Luigi. That Blue Shell.

I'll give it to them, they tried, but they can't flimflam the zimzam. 
That Chorus Men video was pretty cool. Wouldn't mind seeing some more of those.
Piratemankelly
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:44 pm

papertoonz wrote:no they are fake, SO fake

gematsu "leak" BlsbDqoCMAAENFd

you tell me this is real

Looks real. But as I said, I DON'T KNOW.
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:16 am

Looks about as real as your Spyro leak, Thirty. Lol.

No motion blur on the screen (from the actual handheld moving AND from the different actions in-game), every character is doing something (which would be hard for the player to do when taking such a nice pic), the stage is angled, there are no player/CPU icons (which would surely exist for an actual playtest), and Kirby just looks absolutely awful.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three on Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:09 am

DP wrote:Looks about as real as your Spyro leak, Thirty. Lol.

No motion blur on the screen (from the actual handheld moving AND from the different actions in-game), every character is doing something (which would be hard for the player to do when taking such a nice pic), the stage is angled, there are no player/CPU icons (which would surely exist for an actual playtest), and Kirby just looks absolutely awful.

Good points, good sir. Also the shadows look literally like the same exact shadow. Meaning, they were probably copied. One seems even off (the one all the way to the right - not looking at the image right now. Just going by memory.) And LOOOL!! YOU REMEMBERED BY SPYRO LEAK <3

Spyro's in PSAS, BRAH.
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:29 am

no offense but those "leakers" just upload this to there youtube account

if you want more proof i can point out each pic and tell you it's fake eg

gematsu "leak" Blt_uATCQAEjbTb

first rosalina is taken from this pic