E3 Predictions Thread

Go down

E3 Predictions Thread Empty E3 Predictions Thread

Post by DP on Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:25 pm

I figure we're two months out from E3, and from our next (big) character reveal, so why not start speculating? Because logic.

My predictions:
If Mewtwo and Ridley are in, they both get revealed. We get Captain Falcon confirmed and Pac-Man rounds out the nostalgia supergroup. If Meta-Knight is in, I think he'll be announced at the likely pre-MK8 launch direct I don't know how all-out Nintendo would wanna go, but we could even see another rep or something to try and win them E3 (possibly a surprise reveal for Snake if he's back, or something with Ganon to coincide with Zelda U's reveal).

We get concrete dates for at least the 3DS version.

Lastly, a few ironed-out details about compatibility and such will probably go out.

Whay do y'all think?
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

E3 Predictions Thread Empty Re: E3 Predictions Thread

Post by dragonfire111 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:28 pm

DP wrote:I figure we're two months out from E3, and from our next (big) character reveal, so why not start speculating? Because logic.

My predictions:
If Mewtwo and Ridley are in, they both get revealed. We get Captain Falcon confirmed and Pac-Man rounds out the nostalgia supergroup. If Meta-Knight is in, I think he'll be announced at the likely pre-MK8 launch direct  I don't know how all-out Nintendo would wanna go, but we could even see another rep or something to try and win them E3 (possibly a surprise reveal for Snake if he's back, or something with Ganon to coincide with Zelda U's reveal).

We get concrete dates for at least the 3DS version.

Lastly, a few ironed-out details about compatibility and such will probably go out.

Whay do y'all think?
E3 Predictions Thread Foamy_2ce489_722287 id love it if that would happen
we got megaman at last e3 so im expecting something pretty awesome
dragonfire111
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:12 pm

I'm still trying to figure out what Snake would look like in smash u/3ds as the game is going for a much more cartoony vibe this time around.  Then again, the snake in brawl was literally solid snake's body from mgs2 and big boss' head from mgs3 (yes there is a difference between their faces) with a moveset comprised of mgs1
this_is_marko
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : this_is_Marko

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:11 pm

I don't know if I'd classify it as cartoony so much as lively. Brawl released and was developed in the era of brown, and darkness in general. With 4, Nintendo is doing what it does, which is make its own style of games. And brown was obviously never their style lol.

Which brings me to my opinion thay Snake would probably look similar, maybe with more of a MGSV design (even though that won't be on Nintendo platforms lol, and despite that not being Solid Snake).
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:35 pm

I doubt Snake will be in this game.

Anyway, I'm expecting 1 or maybe 2 more vets to be confirmed in May (not expecting anymore this month because Direct), and in them, probably Ness being highest priority imo. After that, I feel like Ice Cilmbers or a second Star Fox rep could be confirmed.

Captain Falcon I can totally see being saved for E3, since he is basically the essence of Smash. Start a conference off with a big "FALCON PUNCH!" kind of deal.

As for characters, if they are in the game, Mewtwo and Ridley would be best revealed then. E3 is, as we all know, the biggest gaming event of the whole year. Nintendo needs to pack the big guns for this, and Mewtwo and Ridley are like the two hypest characters you could possibly reveal.

Additionally, if there is another 3rd party (*cough* Pacman *cough*), E3 would be the time to show it.

And not to keep harping on E3 being such a huge event, but since the random-date Direct had 1 newcomer and 4 vets (along with a TON of news), E3 better have some vets in addition to newcomers. Like we said, C. Falcon, maybe MK, G&W, etc.

Of course, the 3DS version is likely to come out within a month or two of E3, so if they really intend to reveal most of the roster before release like they did with Brawl, most of the remainder would need to be there.

If those trophies during the Direct mean anything- and I think that's pretty hit-or-miss- we'd still have FE rep, KI rep, and Zelda rep aside from hypothesized Ridley.

I could see a new Zelda character being announced alongside Zelda U (Ninty needs to bring it), but I feel like if they do that there's a chance it'll be somewhat of a flavor-of-the-month kidn of deal.

Now, they jumped the gun with Ganondorf and Sheik by adding them to Melee. Ganondorf was technically the human form of the main villain, and later reappeared in several games anyway, so that's more excused, but now Sheik is a standalone. Do you think they would do that with a villain from Zelda U? I mean, it didn't quite pan out for Zant, or Vaati. Ghiraham, being the evil-Master sword, could actually come back into the series. If he does- and he's in Zelda U- I'd actually be pretty accepting of his inclusion into Smash.
Piratemankelly
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:47 pm

Ghirahim could come back, but I doubt that the trend of one-time Zelda villains will change with someone like him. Not to mention the fact how the Squire Sword (lol) has no relevance besides that last-minute reveal of Ghirahim being the sword, which wasn't even necessary and more or less used for that two-second moment of astonishment when you realize, "Hey, that's JUST like how Fi operates". However, I would certainly like that to change, as I'm always welcome to new occurring characters outside of the chosen trio and, ironically, Impa.

I would totally love it if E3 got all of the old vets out of the way, in the form of Cap, Ness, and (hopefully not) Jigglypuff, and hopefully over two new characters. I would also certainly love to see a retooled Ganondorf and Meta Knight show up. If they're saving an extra third-party character this is definitely the time to reveal it though. My hype for Pac Man's inclusion has been gradually swayed over the past few months, but this may be the one last chance for him to make it in.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:58 pm

I'm not gonna worry about E3 until June comes closer.
BigBox
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:18 am

I DON'T think we'll get a huge outpouring of vets at E3 unless "summer" means July. My reasoning is because we got four vets in a 30+-minute Direct. Last year we got probably an hour or so at E3 from Nintendo at all. Given, their presence COULD be greater, but the proportions of reveals would be WAY too skewed in the maybe ten minutes of Smash we get. I could see like Ness or Jiggs getting silently confirmed during a trailer though; everyone else is pretty much too "in limbo" to be snuck in, since at most we have about 15 more characters and like 20+ plausible additions and/or returns. Even obvious characters may need to be cut for time and sent to the eShop.

Presumably, one new character will be saved for a late reveal since 3DSmash will launch probably in the "summer" part of September. Maybe some hidden ones too.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Tetiro on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:13 pm

If we look at the current history of Smash Bros, there is a theme that is occurring. The most likely candidates for roster characters are the recent games in franchises. With a few new and odd ones (Pit, Game & Watch, ROB, etc).

I did some research and it would seem that as a whole Nintendo have covered the DS, 3DS and Wii era pretty well. There are some left though. My list may not be complete but this is what I can assume to be likely.

Metroid : Other M. I know I know. It was still pretty big that we got a Wii Metroid game. [Ridley]
Zelda : Skyward Sword, Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass and A Link Between Worlds. It has been a big time for Zelda [Yuga, Impa, Ghirahim, Demise, etc, etc]
Kid Icarus : It seems that Kid Icarus is the new IT for Nintendo. [Palutena]
Layton : No denying it, Professor Layton took the DS by storm. It is one of the most successful DS-exclusive series with way over 10 million copies. He must be in the next Smash Bros in some form. Even just a trophy. He must be there [Professor Layton]
Xenoblade : The Wii's swansong had 2 star players. Skyward Sword and Xenoblade. And with it being Nintendo's JRPG and a sequel way on the way, there is no problem in this occurring. [Shulk]
Fire Emblem : Awakening. Nuff said :P [Chrom]

So yeh. That's what I say. If at least 1 of them gets a character, I'll be happy. If all of them then we will be very happy. If none of them, I will actually send Nintendo an email question why not. To me, these 6 franchises have proved their worth to be in Smash Bros (or increased representation). So all it is now is who?
King_Tetiro
King_Tetiro
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : KingTetiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:20 pm

Layton can't get in due to technically being second/third party since the franchise is owned by Level 5. It's a different situation from Pokemon and Game Freak because both the aforementioned company and Nintendo share the rights, whereas Nintendo doesn't really own anything Layton-related. I wish he could get in, believe me.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:31 pm

Level5 has a good relationship with Nintendo, so it's definitely possible. Sakurai is the only limiting factor here.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:04 pm

That is mainly why I say such a thing. Otherwise, I'd sort of be expecting some chance of Wonderful 101 getting represented too.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:25 pm

Nintendo at least owns the IP, in W101's case, AFAIK.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:43 pm

Oh yeah... lol.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:30 pm

King_Tetiro wrote:

Metroid : Prime 3 corruption [Ridley]

fixed that for you. whats other m? it sounds like something that NEVER HAPPENED
dragonfire111
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:17 am

dragonfire111 wrote:
King_Tetiro wrote:

dude just get over it you know that they gonna use his other M design regardless of how bad it is

any way my guess is more than likely a safe one

at least one newcomer and at least 2 vets with one of them being Captain Falcon
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:28 am

papertoonz wrote:
dragonfire111 wrote:
King_Tetiro wrote:

dude just get over it you know that they gonna use his other M design regardless of how bad it is

but roidley was a clone (aka not the real ridley)
dragonfire111
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:34 am

dragonfire111 wrote:
papertoonz wrote:
dragonfire111 wrote:
King_Tetiro wrote:

so there's already a bunch of clones in smash
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Tetiro on Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:57 am

dragonfire111 wrote:
King_Tetiro wrote:

Yeh sorry, I think I that was a bad dream I had once.

As for Layton, it is because of Level-5's relationship that Layton is possible. I would like to say that he is the least likely in my list because of Sakurai. But out of my list I could see Layton being welcomed by fans with open arms
King_Tetiro
King_Tetiro
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : KingTetiro

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:41 pm

papertoonz wrote:
dragonfire111 wrote:
papertoonz wrote:
dragonfire111 wrote:
King_Tetiro wrote:

so there's already a bunch of clones in smash
not until we get snake and mewtwo
dragonfire111
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat May 17, 2014 9:50 pm

90 minute Sakurai Q&A live at E3.
DP