footage of the new patch (PATCH OUT NOW)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

footage of the new patch (PATCH OUT NOW) - Page 2 Empty Re: footage of the new patch (PATCH OUT NOW)

Post by BladedgeX on Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:37 pm

Looks like Isaac got hit hard as well. So he's a lot unsafer to use now.
BladedgeX
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

Back to top Go down

footage of the new patch (PATCH OUT NOW) - Page 2 Empty Re: footage of the new patch (PATCH OUT NOW)

Post by DP on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:49 pm

And people can finally shut up about Sly's "OP" invisibility lol
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:49 pm

First impressions of this Patch's Spike!.....

More or less the same. Probably his oki and changes in air tech may help him a lot more BUT, the mine thing also affects the naners. I find myself spamming my naners more than usual. lol

Also the first hit of hoola guard breaks. Not what I expected since I was expecting the last hit to guard break but eh, it nets 30 AP and all hits connect so whatever. It can combo into air side Square Button which is great. More variety on combos. However, Spike's lvl 2 confirm from hoop is removed which is no big deal since it only worked on a few characters.

Overall, he feels more or less the same in a 1v1 aspect for now but, he feels more useful in 2v2s. 

Also, Cole is pretty much the same. He just has a tighter window to perform his combos and confirms. So, he'll be the top dog from this patch. Funny cause they nerfed Evil Cole and made his Falcon Punch unbearably slow. Did they nerf the wrong Cole? lol
BladedgeX
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:15 pm

I'll be honest.  Other than kat, isaac, and FP, i don't really notice any difference
this_is_marko
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : this_is_Marko

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:18 pm

Blade, only decent players know how to abuse GCole. Anybody could spam Falcon Punch.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:54 pm

But Falcon Punch wasn't that much of a problem though. You could punish it on block and get a free combo, burst, or even a KC depending on the character. It was spammed but it can be punished.

Edit: Actually it's not that bad. Could be used to punish down tech then.

GCole's side  Circle Button  is still safe on block and can still confirm to lvl 1. Up Circle Button can get GCole out of any situation still, and again he still has his KC and core combos. Decent player or not, GCole is still the same as before. The only problem is that everyone else in High/Top tier (Kat, FP, Kray Kray, Sly, Raiden) got nerfed but him.

Edit: Scratch that, Raiden is more powerful than ever!
BladedgeX
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:09 pm

BladedgeX wrote:But Falcon Punch wasn't that much of a problem though. You could punish it on block and get a free combo, burst, or even a KC depending on the character. It was spammed but it can be punished.

Edit: Actually it's not that bad. Could be used to punish down tech then.

GCole's side  Circle Button  is still safe on block and can still confirm to lvl 1. Up Circle Button can get GCole out of any situation still, and again he still has his KC and core combos. Decent player or not, GCole is still the same as before. The only problem is that everyone else in High/Top tier (Kat, FP, Kray Kray, Sly, Raiden) got nerfed but him.

Edit: Scratch that, Raiden is more powerful than ever!
So who are the 'nerfiest' and most OP character(s)? :P
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:20 pm

That looks incredibly situational Blaids.
0CTAVE
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

https://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:20 pm

In terms of who got hit by a nerf truck, Isaac and Fat Princess.

As for those who are "OP" it's a bit too early to say but, it's probably GCole and Nathan Drake. Read that he can punish GCole's approaches with AK run now.

@Slayer: Still looks super sexy though.

Edit: Looks like Spike got a up throw lvl 1 confirm against a wall. loldathitbox
BladedgeX
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:27 pm

Kat, Isaac, and FP got the biggest nerfs, from what I can see. Jak MAY have gotten a real buff. Mostly everyone else is just more balanced in smaller ways (grabs being made identical in similar circumstances, etc.).
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:37 pm

Well, I mean, Who's the nerfiest of ALL now? Out of all the characters? Not asking who got nerfed the most.

I guess I should ask, "who's the least OP character now?"

Thanks Blade, Thanks DP!

And GCole?! Is top-tier now?! Ah darn. He's my main. I don't want to be the "kratos player noob" :I
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:47 pm

He was always top tier, honestly. Though his lvl1 took a hit, so that may affect his exact placement. Raiden is still likely number 1.

Worst? Probably Toro, honestly. He was already at the bottom of the 1v1 tier list before, and they've just kept taking away his exploits only redeeming qualities competitively.

Doesn't mean I won't kick ass in a FFA with him though ;D
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:56 pm

DP wrote:He was always top tier, honestly. Though his lvl1 took a hit, so that may affect his exact placement. Raiden is still likely number 1.

Worst? Probably Toro, honestly. He was already at the bottom of the 1v1 tier list before, and they've just kept taking away his exploits only redeeming qualities competitively.

Doesn't mean I won't kick ass in a FFA with him though ;D

Haha! I gotcha! Thanks man! B) I appreciate it!

Maybe I should find a new main. I mean, I was using GCole since launch in Nov, '12, but he's already been at 999 for the longest time now. Maybe I'll use someone like Kat or Isaac, as they're nerfed now :)
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:20 am

I picked up a few characters since launch, but I don't think I 999'dbeyond Ratchet and Toro. Raiden was at least in the 600s, though, and Dante was somewhere in the 300+ range. Oh, and I played a mean Kat to level 450ish right after she came out.

I just wish the AI was closer in quality to Smash, because I have no real urge to play against even the level 5s because they're pretty easy to read. If I had internet I'd definitely still be on quick match at least once a week. Now that I had a taste of it again at Pirate's house, I really wanna play real people again :(
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:05 am

So... I'm back, now that All Stars has been officially updated, but don't expect me to stay for very long. I'll probably pop in every once in a while, but I've been EXTREMELY busy as of the past months (Holy Hell has it been a while...). I'm actually mostly using NeoGaf nowadays, but that's besides the point. 

The point is, I'm back and I'm ready to get back into some good 'ol PSAS! Expect to see me playing for probably the next couple weeks or so. I definitely do love most of the things that I'm reading in the patch notes.
Pyro-Hem
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:13 pm

I don't think Raiden is #1 anymore. Most (or even all) of his lvl 1 confirms are straight up gone. Looks like he's back to how he was before but with even fewer confirms. This could mean that Raiden has to rely on tech chasing and punishing in order to get kills which is not bad since he's pretty good at that anyways.

Another thing, Sweet Tooth's Lvl 2 is on steroids. Beware...

Also, hey Pyro. Lol
BladedgeX
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Izar on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:31 pm

*walks by*...oh hey....
Izar
Izar
I Don't Fear Death
I Don't Fear Death

PSN : Izar22

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:26 pm

Wait best super is now actually best super? 
geez ssm I was kidding.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:47 pm

Has Toro's aerial neutral  Square Button  ever canceled into his  Triangle Button moves before this patch?
BladedgeX
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:16 pm

I believe it comboed into some, not all of them. I thought I noticed that they mentioned something about Toro having some cancels now in the notes though.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:17 am

it always did
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:51 am

Ah, alright then. And oh my lord Toro has a lvl 2 confirm.
BladedgeX
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Izar on Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:03 pm

*walks by again* oh shit hi
Izar
Izar
I Don't Fear Death
I Don't Fear Death

PSN : Izar22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2