A Christmas Gift from the Axis team

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Christmas Gift from the Axis team Empty A Christmas Gift from the Axis team

Post by DP on Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:21 pm

Due to the poll issues, and since Slayer and I both agreed, you get both our Naughty AND Nice character reveals!  I'll get right to it.

For Naughty, we will reveal a VERY Naughty (Dog) character, one of the faces of the PlayStation brand...

...AND another very Naughty PlayStation character, one who destroys the dreams of boys and girls everywhere and has a thing for vehicles...

...AND his possible rival, an oft-misinterpreted bounty hunter and racer who's definitely not always as nice as people seem to think.

We're proud to unveil the concept sprites for the PlayStation reps, and the working sprite AND Level 3 Super for the Nintendo rep.  Without further ado:

LEVEL 1:
Nathan Drake!
A Christmas Gift from the Axis team Drake11
LEVEL 2:
Sweet Tooth!
A Christmas Gift from the Axis team Tooth10
LEVEL 3:

Captain Falcon!
A Christmas Gift from the Axis team Falcon10

So as you guys can see, humans aren't normally Nice!  So let's look at our Nice, furry friends.

One doesn't know what he's getting into, because he WANTS to be a Naughty human...

...One is a master thief who just made the jump into HD this year...

...And one is a master pilot waiting to do so himself!

LEVEL 1:
Toro Inoue!
A Christmas Gift from the Axis team Toro11
LEVEL 2:
Sly Cooper!
A Christmas Gift from the Axis team Sly_co11
LEVEL 3:
Fox McCloud!
A Christmas Gift from the Axis team Fox11

So there you have it!  An unprecedented six characters revealed as our Christmas gift to you!  With only five characters left, who could close out our first 20?  HmmUoa93Jpu5zc

Have a Merry Christmas, everyone!
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

A Christmas Gift from the Axis team Empty Re: A Christmas Gift from the Axis team

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:31 pm

that Sly sprite is very impressive.

anywho...six whole characters....welp lets have fun with this one guys.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

Back to top Go down

A Christmas Gift from the Axis team Empty Re: A Christmas Gift from the Axis team

Post by Mtjjrstccw2 on Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:31 pm

SWEET TOOTH FINALLY
Mtjjrstccw2
Mtjjrstccw2
Sticker
Sticker

PSN : mtjjrstccw1

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:39 pm

And before anyone asks, Toro was NOT me. I was vehemently against him because of Sakurai Syndrome but Slayer made a compelling argument vs. other characters that could've entered earlier in his place.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:50 pm

just make him derpy again. besides i can see why he got in. it makes sense. the only unrevealed characters who maybe should have had priority are Sackboy and Kat.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:04 pm

Yes!  I now know my vote went towards, Toro!

BigBox
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:25 pm

Those sprites... OMG, dem sprites look so sexy. Seriously, awesome work, you guys. As for Falcon's level 3, that was the only logical choice. I was against Toro's inclusion at first, but I sort of recently recognized why he could be in due to him being a mascot and representing a bunch of fighters through his parodies and such.

And I somewhat agree with lpool. Sackboy and Kat's definitely making it in, but I'm only hesitant about Sackboy in terms of the fact that it'd mean Jak not making it in. But the former has definitely contributed more and isn't nearly as overrated, so I can see why Sackboy would make the cut over him. 

Also, let's try to keep a list of who's been revealed so far:

Nintendo:
Mario
Link
Mewtwo
Ness
Mr. Game & Watch
Captain Falcon
Fox

PlayStation:
Kratos
PaRappa
Cole
Ratchet & Clank
Nathan Drake
Sweet Tooth
Toro
Sly
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:48 pm

The list was up to date on the roster predictions thread but I didn't update it with this reveal yet.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:48 pm

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that. XD My bad.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:44 pm

Just so you guys know the sprites aren't final but this is pretty much what they're going to look like.

I can always go back and change the shading or anatomy if I feel it can be better but this is the quality and style we're going for the Playstation characters in a form they've never been in, sprite form lol.

The Nintendo characters revealed today were made by two old spriter friends of mine who no longer hang in the internet lol
GDKN made Captain Falcon and NF made Fox.

Anyways Merry Christmas guys and hopefully you've enjoyed the reveal! =)

PS: If any of you would like to critique the sprites by all means go ahead, it only helps! =D

@Count: Mind you Mr.Game&Watch and Ratchet and Clank were confirmed to be in the game/roster but have not yet been shown so there's still more to see in terms of characters! :P
0CTAVE
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

https://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:38 pm

Dis sum good shit.

In terms of criticism, the all-star's sprites have a lighter outline than the Smash Bros.' sprites. And sly is rather tall. You can shorten him or allow him to slouch further down. But yeah, this is great otherwise Slayah.
BladedgeX
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:42 pm

Not going to lie, I have no idea how it's even possible to critique these sprites. They all look so damn good.

...Well, maybe there's just one. I feel like Fox could be slightly taller. He just seems a bit too small when compared to Sly's sprite on the same page (not to mention the fact that he looks to be about the same height as Toro). But that's just a little nitpick, I'm still fine with all of this in general.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:45 pm

@Blaids:
The lighter outline was to make it a more like a "realistic" or "mature/dark" look to further state that it's a cross-over between PlayStation and Nintendo based on the stereotypes of both fan bases. However if they clash to much I can always try and make it match a bit more. It's pretty hard trying to make these All-Stars in sprite form lol There's absolutely nothing to base myself off of. I think I'm the only person who's ever spirited them lmao! xD

I'll try making Sly slouch a little more, make him shorter or just slice off his legs haha, which ever works best! :P

@Count:
Thanks for the compliment hahaha!
Fox wasn't made by me though, I'll be adjusting size and all that with the sprites that weren't made by me like I did with Kratos(I just edited that one) so no worries on size issues for the Nintendo characters lol
0CTAVE
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:08 pm

Understandable.
BladedgeX
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:15 pm

I should be able to arrange scaling for Sly and Fox in-game once I start worrying about including their sheets (for the record, Fox and Falcon are not entirely or mostly complete sheets like the others).
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:24 pm

my only critique is that the All Stars need a black outline like the Smashers have. just to kinda define them more. but otherwise their fine.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:38 pm

Well I might remove the black outlines on the Smash bros because the All-Stars and the style they're sprited in look horrible with black outlines lmao! xD

I've seen how JUS looks without the black outlines though so no worries! :P
0CTAVE
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:02 pm

I was always in favor more of reverse-engineering our Nintendo sprites to match once we made for PSAS. I believe two characters on Nintendo's side already have a lighter outline.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:17 pm

the game is looking to be very promising guys! A lot of hard work is being put into what is going to be an awesome game
god-of-paradise
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:57 am

These are seriously amazing!  My team and I have a lot to do haha
this_is_marko
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : this_is_Marko

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:45 am

I'll just note that there's something everybody has missed in this thread. That'll be my New Years gift to you guys YAY 
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:53 am

I noticed this a week ago, but wanted to wait to see if somebody else could find it out before posting. You all had your chance:

If you don't have the slightest idea where I got this from, the link is minimized in the OP.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:27 pm

Now that I have a good idea of how the sprites are being approached I can't wait to see the other spriteless characters.
Fabsta1994
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

PSN : fabsta1994

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:17 pm

I find it surprising that nobody but Count has acknowledged the seventh character revealed in this thread.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:44 pm

Considering how Jak plays like Jak, would you really blame them?
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next