Developer Commentary: Air Game

Go down

Developer Commentary: Air Game Empty Developer Commentary: Air Game

Post by DP on Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:59 pm

This has been one of the toughest issues for me from a competitive standpoint with developing this game. The two games are so fundamentally different in the air, and combining them has had me racking my brain for ideas.

I want spikes back. That's a Smash staple and one that I feel shouldn't be eschewed. However, the PSAS system has a different opinion on recovery: You get up once you hit something else, or after significant time. In a game where the only way to ring out kill is down, how do you mesh these conflicting ideals?

My current theory is that I will, when the time comes to add in spikes (I don't believe any sheet except Link's has one), I will rig all PSAS characters with one, as well as a better recovery move. Even the playing field out. And then in the case of a spike, the player in danger will have a small time window to get a counter or full recover of some type to allow them a chance at life. Failing isn't CERTAIN death but it's a lot tougher. I'm also contemplating momentum-based Bursts, with strict timing and specific level placements thst would in theory allow a player to knock somebody DOWN with a spike st the end of an aerial Burst combo. Of course, I may just scrap that idea and make spikes an idea only available THROUGH aerial bursts, but that will play out with time and testing.

I figured I'd publicly journalize this inner monologue I've been having lately because why not. So feel free to give your own input as well.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Developer Commentary: Air Game Empty Re: Developer Commentary: Air Game

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:07 pm

thats a good one, one i've been thinking about too. 

I have thought of nothing so far but my brain is in an all stars/smash mode right now so i might get something
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:05 am

At this point in time, my first reaction is to say "take them out" because i'm imagining someone who learned they can win games by just using a combo that ends in a meteor smash over and over.  I'd have to think about it a bit more to see if something comes to me
this_is_marko
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : this_is_Marko

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:39 am

It'd be very time intensive, not to mention getting 100 AP in the air alone is by no means easy. Only Kat could do so right now in PSAS, and I'm not even sure she can get 100 solely in the air. Even if she can she needs to start the combo on the ground, which negates any meteor burst according to this possible plan.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down