This site is falling... Ideas to pick it back up?

Go down

This site is falling... Ideas to pick it back up? Empty This site is falling... Ideas to pick it back up?

Post by Thirty3Three on Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:23 am

From what I've noticed, personally, the site is falling, and user activity is greatly declining. I remember when the posts on the "most recent threads" thing would be like, minutes/hours apart, but now those hours are becoming days... The chat is desolate, and the same people are the ones posting. I often read, "1 Registered user online, 0 guests", etc.

SO, there's the bad news.

NOW, here's the good news: We're all pretty darn smart! Let's all think of a way to advertise the site, shall we? 

Any ideas?
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Back to top Go down

This site is falling... Ideas to pick it back up? Empty Re: This site is falling... Ideas to pick it back up?

Post by Count Mario on Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:33 am

Well, I sort of have this idea where we might try to post some gameplay of a wanted fan game we've created on Yo-Oh, wait.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

Back to top Go down

This site is falling... Ideas to pick it back up? Empty Re: This site is falling... Ideas to pick it back up?

Post by Pinkie Pie on Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:13 am

Count Mario wrote:Well, I sort of have this idea where we might try to post some gameplay of a wanted fan game we've created on Yo-Oh, wait.
That was my idea- oh wait.
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Welcome To BUZZ!
Welcome To BUZZ!

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:32 am

The site has been like this for a few months now dude. Given, posting has gone down slightly in the last week or so but I attribute that to people being busy, Pokemon, and not much real news in gaming right now.

We're still by fat the most active fansite for PSAS, and pending the official forum we might be above them (haven't been there since my internet died).
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:13 am

We're still by fat
Living large and standing proud. I like your style, DP! Hey
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:28 am

Official is still going strong. But there's a lot more activity from the competitive players due to the patch. But due to Pokemon..... it claimed a couple victims...
BladedgeX
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:19 am

Pokemon claims souls forever. We know this....is it bad I've pumped 60 hours in already? 

Yeah showing off gameplay from axis would work, if not attracting old members then attracting new ones. BUT THESE THINGS TAKE TIME. we knew (well I knew) this would happen. So chill.

Is the patch out blade?
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:09 am

Nope. No update yet.
BladedgeX
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:16 am

It's funny that most of the competitive crowd fled to Injustice when PSAS died because "it would get more support fRom the devteam," and now thst game is pretty much dead due to milking too.

But yeah I didn't think the patch was out yet.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 am

This site is falling... Ideas to pick it back up? Milk-Bottles
DP wrote:It's funny that most of the competitive crowd fled to Injustice when PSAS died because "it would get more support fRom the devteam," and now thst game is pretty much dead due to milking too.

But yeah I didn't think the patch was out yet.  
BigBox
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:05 pm

as people have stated above, one of the main contributors for the lack of activity on this site is simply, people are becoming busier. School is going on and it is no longer summer (the time to "no life" life :D ).

I, myself, have been working very wacky hours at work and really haven't even had time to relax at home and turn on my ps3 other than to watch some breaking bad once in a while. 

No matter what though, the dedicated fans will keep this site alive and hopefully slowly attract some new comers in
god-of-paradise
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:07 pm

Injustice is dead because of evo. No other reason. It only recently got a patch, it's being supported, no one cares. Superman is still godly even if he lost 1 combo.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

Back to top Go down

Post by Neß on Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:32 pm

Injustice at EVO was literally the worst thing.
Neß
Neß
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : PSIHeroNess (I never actually play online though.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Esper on Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:56 pm

Harsh reality: there's no way this project is going to see the light of day regardless. Just let nature take its course.

Crossover fighter fangames are so last decade.

Don't want to shit on your parade, but it's the truth.
Esper
Esper
New Challenger
New Challenger

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:39 pm

I won't directly argue any of that, because the italics make me believe just a little bit that it's a troll attempt. However, I will say that with the explosion of indie games and fanmade fanservice, all it takes is a good product to get fans playing.

On another subject, I want to say this to everyone: I may be lazy and oftentimes a perfectionist, but I have always known what I want to be in the first gameplay video; the wait has increased its scope and changed some ideas around but nothing has at the core changed. I've gotten a lot of time to learn the engine that I had previously never touched and a few fighting game mechanics more as well. It's looking miles better than what it was back in July when I was looking for a straight date. It's still not good enough to me. But it's close.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down