Name That Successful Franchise That Is Bad!

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Name That Successful Franchise That Is Bad! - Page 4 Empty Re: Name That Successful Franchise That Is Bad!

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:07 am

I kinda agree with count on this one. Except the game. The game is good.

and comics I dunno who told you that feels are the last of us strong point. Its the immersion. And the story, not for feels. Does a story have to make you cry to be good. I almost find stuff when I'm left so speechless I can't cry. 

Naruto was never good. Ever. It just isn't. The characters are so unlikable. 

I guess that's where dbz shines comix. Between nostalgia the larger than life fights and likeable characters. I'm not really an anime fan and have no doubt there's better but its easily the most accessible that still gives a good taste for the genre.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

Back to top Go down

Name That Successful Franchise That Is Bad! - Page 4 Empty Re: Name That Successful Franchise That Is Bad!

Post by RWcomix on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:12 am

I'm being annoying about The Last of Us. But I really didn't get that attached to the characters or immersed in the world. It was a nice game, not bad at all. But I just couldn't 'feel it'. And trust me, I know what immersion in games is. I felt terrible when It got toward the end game in Persona 4 Golden. I knew it was close to ending, but I just didn't want it to. I felt like I was there.

I was picking on the game especially though to try and get you to tell me why you like it so much, which you did. And I can understand that, but yeah...
RWcomix
RWcomix
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : Papermachei

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:20 am

lpool1996moh wrote:I kinda agree with count on this one. Except the game. The game is good.

and comics I dunno who told you that feels are the last of us strong point. Its the immersion. And the story, not for feels. Does a story have to make you cry to be good. I almost find stuff when I'm left so speechless I can't cry. 

Naruto was never good. Ever. It just isn't. The characters are so unlikable. 

I guess that's where dbz shines comix. Between nostalgia the larger than life fights and likeable characters. I'm not really an anime fan and have no doubt there's better but its easily the most accessible that still gives a good taste for the genre.
I'd just like to say that if you look at DBZ as a solo show, the characters are decent (well, at least the main ones. And Roshi. You can never have too much Roshi). However, as a sequel to DB, it has some of the most horrible character progression and relevance I've ever seen in terms of the veterans of the supporting cast. I mean, Bulma's still useful, Roshi's nice (and the best) as character relief, I can deal with Chi Chi, but everybody else... ugh.

Name That Successful Franchise That Is Bad! - Page 4 Z
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

Back to top Go down

Post by RWcomix on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:23 am

What else is overrated?
RWcomix
RWcomix
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:25 am

If I fall in love with the characters I love the game/movie/book/comic ect. I just love well written characters. But tlou sound dialogue controls gameplay mechanics graphics and characters just put me in that world.

Over rated book series? Eragon. Seriously its so bad I'm sad I followed it through. Brisingir is the worst book I have ever read.

you forgot piccallo who with vegeta probably got the most progression I. The series. So you mean tien and...yamcha..YOU CARE ABOUT YAMCHA??? OUT! OUT I SAY!
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by RWcomix on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:28 am

Funny you said game controls. TLoU spazzed out on me a LOT when I was playing the game toward the end. And I mean a lot.
RWcomix
RWcomix
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:36 am

Hmm weird didn't for me.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by RWcomix on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:37 am

Glitches like having to restart entire missions because the controls would just freeze up until I ran, then I could move, but if I wasn't running, I couldn't. It was REALLY frustrating.
RWcomix
RWcomix
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:38 am

When I said supporting cast, I mean the less than major characters. Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Trunks (well, at least the future version), etc, are epic. Tien, Yamcha, Krillin, Chiaotzu, etc are included in the "ugh" department.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:45 am

Krillin is fine the rest did blow anyway let alone in dbz.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by RWcomix on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:49 am

I think the MegaMan RPGs and the Mario and Luigi RPGs are vastly underrated, if that's still somewhat on topic.
RWcomix
RWcomix
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:58 am

Naw. Krillin is... Krillin. I'll put him in Bulma and Roshi's league, but that's as far as he goes.

And yes, I definitely agree with that. Hell, I think all of the Mario RPGs are underrated. Except for Sticker Star. That can rot in a pit. The Pit of 100 Trials, to be specific.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:15 am

Rock Lee is the best thing out of Naruto. I pretty much enjoyed the 50+ episodes of his own spin off series than the actual series itself.

Bleach is dumb. I pretty much dropped it after the fullbring shit.

Last edited by BladedgeX on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
BladedgeX
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:22 am

^ Nuff said.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:57 am

Star Wars. I love the franchise, but Lucas fucked it up so hard so many times. And I'm not even talking about the prequels.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:20 am

lol I can understand that, DP. But the prequels did a lot of damage. And I'm not even talking form nostalgia bias because I watched the newer trilogy first. what 

And after reading Catching Fire, I have to say the Hunger Games. First book's decent, but Catching Fire's just... ew. They basically took what made the series unique (besides ripping off Battle Royale) and just fixed what wasn't broke, like Super Paper Mario or Jak II. Seriously, I scared of most likely having to read Mockingjay for my next summer reading.

And lpool, considering how we're on the topic of big multimedia blockbusters, I dare you to say Lord of the Rings. C'mon. I won't be mad. Just let it all out.

Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:03 am

Sonic, anyone? Or is that too obvious?
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:49 am

Eh, more or less. I'd mention Colors and Generations, but it's not like those two games automatically give the hedgehog a clean slate and don't have flaws of their own.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:40 pm

I agree with what DP said about Star Wars.
BigBox
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:47 pm

Count said it. I don't like lord of the rings. At all. there's enjoyable moments such as gimley and legolas banter,and Sam being a badass throughout but its rather lackluster and I feel its only rated that high cause of how accurate to the books it is which is the root of its problem. Its too damm long. As much as I like star wars I agree although I disagree with sonic as he's the laughing stock of the industry still. I agree with hunger games too. Would like to add harry potter. Its good and the movies were good but its not excellent. I find a lot of childrens/young adult books which are better
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:57 pm

ok im gonna do an obvious one twilight
dragonfire111
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

Back to top Go down

Post by Real_Radec13 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:03 pm

I say League of Legends. Never got into that game for some reason.
Real_Radec13
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

PSN : Duck_mann86

Back to top Go down

Post by Neß on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:05 pm

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic.
Neß
Neß
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : PSIHeroNess (I never actually play online though.)

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:50 pm

Real_Radec13 wrote:I say League of Legends. Never got into that game for some reason.
I agree with this.
BladedgeX
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

Back to top Go down

Post by Real_Radec13 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:40 am

I'll just say this but Street Fighter. I always though MK and MVC were much better than SF but thats just me.
Real_Radec13
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

PSN : Duck_mann86

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum