Name That Successful Franchise That Is Bad!

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Name That Successful Franchise That Is Bad! - Page 2 Empty Re: Name That Successful Franchise That Is Bad!

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:18 am

I could really rip into that but I won't cause we aren't allowed. Also there is no pizza pokemon. At all. There is an ice cream pokemon in the same way we have a magnet pokemon since 1995. 

The original spiderman movies Nuff said.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

Back to top Go down

Name That Successful Franchise That Is Bad! - Page 2 Empty Re: Name That Successful Franchise That Is Bad!

Post by BigBox on Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:21 am

This Pokemon in question is in Black & White, but I'll leave it there.  At least I remember seeing one.  It made not wanna touch another Pokemon game again.

That is a good one to throw up there.  Those original's are atrocious.
BigBox
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:29 am

I have played every game, there is no pizza pokemon. If you can find an image of this thing I can tell you of its fake or something else. It really grinds my gears when people say Pokemon lost its flair cause of things like vanilish and trubnish and then defend the likes if muk and fucking voltorb. Pokemon hasn't really changed in these years bar getting a good story from gen 3 on. but people wear nostalgia goggles a lot. When you compare you see gen 1 was a bad game. Its broken as fuck. Agility plus wrap plus thunder wave is a win. Gen 2 ain't much better but at least you have to try. I'll leave you to your opinion but I just feel its very very wrong. 

Now so its on topic....castlevania. sorry count their niche was extreme difficulty which they abandoned. Its just bad.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:40 am

According to the creator, the series was suppose to end at Gold & Silver.  I know I said I would leave up there, but I know very few people that actually know this.

I'm gonna throw up The Underworld Trilogy.
BigBox
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:54 am

I'll be honest, I only just threw Prototype out there because I was desperate for a mention and I thought that a lot of people didn't like 2. Like I said, I didn't play the games and I don't really mean to make that an accurate depiction of what my opinion would really be like.

Anyways, here's one that I can actually fully stand by. The Dark Knight Rises. Now, I wouldn't go as far as saying that it's bad, but God knows that movie's overrated as fuck. Both of the other Nolan films were superior and the only factor that even makes them comparable is Tom Hardy's performance as Bane (which was pretty epic until he died in the most rushed and anticlimactic way possible).
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:44 am

I know tajiri was done at 2 but masuda has been making better decisions. I mean its almost solely thanks to his team the meta is as good as it is. 

Captain america. It wasn't that good.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:56 pm

To be fair, the argument about GS being the final games in the series can be extended to many, many franchises. Final Fantasy had it in its name, Mega Man almost died at 1, etc., so those types of examples are really trite nowadays.

South Park. It's funny sometimes but the attitudes of the creators is disgusting. They bash other channels and cartoons seriously when they themselves act like soulless pricks. Have some goddamn respect. And it's of course overrated
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:17 pm

Family guy. Its funny on occasion but mostly it just makes me go "WtF?" The Star wars parodies are pretty good though.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:05 pm

Really any adult humor cartoon fits in this category in someone's eyes lol, so maybe I should've shied away from South Park in the first place
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:41 pm

not really this thread is opinions huh? 

Game of thrones. I'm sorry its not good. I've read the books its just bad and shocking almost for the sake of being shocking.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Real_Radec13 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:52 pm

I'll just mention that if anyone says Breaking Bad is garbage is gonna get it (nah i kid but still i'll just kill you instead)

Well in my opinion I think Fallout is pretty bad. Same with Mass Effect. And I know this franchise isnt extremely successful but the new AVGN episodes are really bad. 

P.S. Count me and you should have a chat about the Raimi films.
Real_Radec13
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

PSN : Duck_mann86

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:01 pm

Nobody would call bb awful...I hope.

I think skyrim is bad. quantity over quality is bad.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:52 pm

So is promising 180 unique dungeons and giving like 20 lol.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:54 pm

More like 5 generic dungeons.
Ruins, Caves, Ice Caves, old civilization city, and prisons. Over, and over, and over, and over again along with 2 or so unique ones.
BladedgeX
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

Back to top Go down

Post by Real_Radec13 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:14 pm

Good thing I'm not the only one who thinks Skyrim is overrated. As for the Elder Scrolls Online, we should make predictions on how long till the game goes free to play after release. I predict 6 months.

Back on topic, does Pacific Rim count as overrated? I think it is. I watched it and I thought it was fucking shit. One of the worst movies I ever watched.
Real_Radec13
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:17 pm

I'm predicting ESO as a F2P at launch, at this point. Consoles and subscription based MMO games don't turn out well.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:20 pm

.....must resist urge to defend pacific rim with life....

nah its a good movie but its an acquired taste. I.e. monster movies. Since I grew up with them I loved it. I wouldn't say its over rated especially in the US. It only broke even thanks to everywhere else. The US citizens thought it looked bad. They saw grown ups 2 instead. 

I feel heavy rain is over rated. The stories ok but its ALL QTAS!

I feel ESO and even ffxivarr will go ftp in 6 months ala SWTOR.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Real_Radec13 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:36 pm

Half life 2. Dont get me wrong it was good but i think its really overrated
Real_Radec13
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:19 pm

Game of the Decade my ass. In related news: Portal. Decent, 1 hour adventure, yeah; best game of all time, bullshit.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:22 pm

The writing in portal is exceptional but portal 2 is soo much better. You also have to take into account how influential hl2 was. Are they both over rated?...yes like valve in general (make something that isn't a variant of an fps by yourself Valve then we shall talk.) But they are pretty good. 

ICO! that game is horrible.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:27 pm

Real_Radec13 wrote:Half life 2. Dont get me wrong it was good but i think its really overrated
I agree, it's heavily praised for looking like every other FPS.
BigBox
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Real_Radec13 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:28 pm

Portal 2 was awesome IMO. I feel like some of the Zelda games are overrated as well.
Real_Radec13
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:44 pm

Skyward sword is very over rated. I feel majoras mask is still under rated.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:49 pm

If anything, Wind Waker's underrated. The Adult Link games (OoT, TP, SS) get all the attention.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

Back to top Go down

Post by RWcomix on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:58 pm

It's not a bad game but I'll be honest. I was disappointed with The Last of Us. People kept telling me it was super feels. I've had much more feels in other games. I didn't get as many feels, and I was saddened by that.
RWcomix
RWcomix
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : Papermachei

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum