Name That Successful Franchise That Is Bad!

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Name That Successful Franchise That Is Bad! - Page 5 Empty Re: Name That Successful Franchise That Is Bad!

Post by dragonfire111 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:18 am

MMOs in general
dragonfire111
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

Back to top Go down

Name That Successful Franchise That Is Bad! - Page 5 Empty Re: Name That Successful Franchise That Is Bad!

Post by BigBox on Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:31 pm

I love me some World of Warcraft <3  ^
BigBox
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:17 pm

I know it has been sad before.. but cod. I know people who saw the multiplayer trailer and are HYPED for ghosts. What is it with those games?

Also, paranormal activity. I've seen them all (except the 3rd) and the 4th one was a joke Thumbs down!
god-of-paradise
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:29 pm

DP wrote:Star Wars. I love the franchise, but Lucas fucked it up so hard so many times. And I'm not even talking about the prequels.
I was crushed when they killed off Waxer in The Clone Wars. Order 66 felt like a cheap excuse to eliminate all of the Jedi (I was heartbroken when they killed Plo Koon and Aayla the way they did), when meanwhile The Clone Wars Series' goal was to make the clone troopers feel more human, you know, not mindless drones who are incapable of morals after one order from a very shady Palpatine? So it kind of makes me question why Cody, a supposed loyal trooper and close comrade with Obi-Wan could just turn on him without a second thought.
Fabsta1994
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

PSN : fabsta1994

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:34 pm

Well, that's the thing. Order 66 could've been technically written into the Clone Troopers' psyches since they're training, or even written into their genetic code. It's not that hard to believe. But yes, it did feel like a cheap excuse. At least it will be elaborated on in future Clone Wars episodes, if you saw the teaser clip. After Clone Wars though, yes, Plo Koon totally got killed off in a disrespectful an ignorant manner.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:23 pm

Fabsta1994 wrote:
DP wrote:Star Wars. I love the franchise, but Lucas fucked it up so hard so many times. And I'm not even talking about the prequels.
I was crushed when they killed off Waxer in The Clone Wars. Order 66 felt like a cheap excuse to eliminate all of the Jedi (I was heartbroken when they killed Plo Koon and Aayla the way they did), when meanwhile The Clone Wars Series' goal was to make the clone troopers feel more human, you know, not mindless drones who are incapable of morals after one order from a very shady Palpatine? So it kind of makes me question why Cody, a supposed loyal trooper and close comrade with Obi-Wan could just turn on him without a second thought.
That's cannon to the books too.
BigBox
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:27 pm

Midichlorians are still absolute BS, though.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:27 pm

True.
BigBox
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:03 am

To be fair, the books also consider Shao Kahn becoming emperor after Luke turns good after turning evil as a secret spy to the new new empire which is fighting the old new empire and the old new old republic after making a new Jedi order where you can get married

*DEEP BREATH*

while his son becomes a Sith Lord, canon.

Also Chewie dies.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:09 am

You know what pisses me off? The Schumacher Batman films. No, not just because they're awful (I'm not going easy on Forever, either. It's crap, nuff said. Yeah, they might've portrayed campy Batman, but I feel like they still could've done much better), but the fact that they make the Burton films go unnoticed.  don't remember much from Batman, but I know that I absolutely loved it when I was a kid (especially with how Joker was revealed to be the murderer of Bruce's parents and stuff). I sadly never watched Returns (no, not the steaming cesspool that is The Dark knight Returns), but I just watched Penguin's death scene. Seeing that in both a old school Batman movie, as well as doing this with a character like Penguin, is pretty damn astounding. I can't wait to watch it.

It's just really sad that they're barely noticed nowadays. I mean, yes, the Nolan films are more contemporary, but aI see people make more references and chatter to freaking Batman Forever than these two movies! Aw well, at least people barely talk about Catwoman.

And hey. It took a moon to kill Chewie. At least he went out in all kinds of style and badassery.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:07 am

Adam West Batman is best Batman. This is undeniable.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:47 am

NO COUNT BURTON FILMS ARE BAD. DP ADAM WEST IS BAD. NOW I MUST KILL YOU ALL!!

sorry Adam west is a buzz word for angry lpool
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:58 am

...The Burton films are actually pretty decent. Not great, but if yu give them a chance, they have a bit of a charm. I'd at least watch Batman '89 over Rises.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:00 am

lpool1996moh wrote:NO COUNT BURTON FILMS ARE BAD. DP ADAM WEST IS BAD. NOW I MUST KILL YOU ALL!!

sorry Adam west is a buzz word for angry lpool

(Skip To 2:08, you can watch the whole thing if you want though.)
BigBox
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:08 am

Count I've seen all 4 90s batman films. They are awful. If you watch returns for example you will realize that the penguin death is not good cause as a villain he was awful, never felt threatening and was never redeemed enough to care about his death. And they all have similar problems. The catwoman sub plot was betterand it was bad. 

And that's one of two context I don't mind west. The other?
Name That Successful Franchise That Is Bad! - Page 5 9k=
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:19 am

Well, I haven't seen Returns. Yet. But now I'll put a grain of salt on my hopes.

As for Batman, I'm rewatching it after having not seen it for years. I'm about an hour in. I have to say... nostalgia's a bitch. The movie is... bareable. The only thing I like is Jack Nicholson as Joker, and it takes over half an hour to finally see him shine in the spotlight. The main plot's boring, you barely see Batman (and for some reason, the movie seems to be more about the mystery of Batman and who he actually is from the point of view of other characters than being about Batman himself. That's... I don't know what to think of that). I don't care about pretty much any of the characters (even Bruce and ESPECIALLY VICKI VALE), and it's a bit campy (I can forgive that part, though). Yeah, I gave them a bit too much credit. 

EDIT: I just finished watching this movie. It pretty much went from bearable to horrible. Yeah, you were right, lpool. This movie is absolute shit. But it's still better than the Dark Knight Returns Part 2.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:11 pm

I just thought of two, Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. Game of Thrones especially, I watched an episode and I thought it was terrible. Personally, I didn't find any of the characters all that interesting and that the acting was a B rating at best. That's just me though.
BigBox
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:18 am

DP wrote:Adam West Batman is best Batman. This is undeniable.
Agreed! haha

I loved the burton batman films when i was younger but i must admit, i like them a little less every time i see them
this_is_marko
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : this_is_Marko

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:31 am

Yeah, I changed my mind. After watching the whole Batman movie, it's pretty much trash. I tried to be nice, but besides Jack Nicholson as Joker, there is literally nothing redeemable about that movie. I am so glad that lpool convinced me to skip out on watching Returns.

Also, I'm going to be honest here. I don't think there's ever been a single good Batman actor. Like, ever. Keaton, Bale, West (besides the lols), Clooney, etc. I honestly think all of their acting skills as Batman  only go up to mediocre at best. Haven't you guys noticed that it's always the villains that always make the Batman films even the least bit enjoyable? Not that it's a bad thing because Heath's Joker, Nicholson's Joker, and Hardy's Bane, are all phenomenal in what they accomplished. But that doesn't mean the protagonist has to have atrocious/just bearable acting. I always have great distaste for whenever I watch a movie or a show or whatever in which I have great interest in the supporting roles and almost none for the main character.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:39 am

You shut your whore mouth about West.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:39 am

Count Mario wrote:Yeah, I changed my mind. After watching the whole Batman movie, it's pretty much trash. I tried to be nice, but besides Jack Nicholson as Joker, there is literally nothing redeemable about that movie. I am so glad that lpool convinced me to skip out on watching Returns.

Also, I'm going to be honest here. I don't think there's ever been a single good Batman actor. Like, ever. Keaton, Bale, West (besides the lols), Clooney, etc. I honestly think all of their acting skills as Batman  only go up to mediocre at best. Haven't you guys noticed that it's always the villains that always make the Batman films even the least bit enjoyable? Not that it's a bad thing because Heath's Joker, Nicholson's Joker, and Hardy's Bane, are all phenomenal in what they accomplished. But that doesn't mean the protagonist has to have atrocious/just bearable acting. I always have great distaste for whenever I watch a movie or a show or whatever in which I have great interest in the supporting roles and almost none for the main character.
I agree with you with the exception of adam west.  I honestly believe he was a great batman for 2 reason:
1.  He played the batman that everybody wanted in the 60s.  This was when the batman in the comics was wearing rainbow batsuits and riding the bat bicycle.  Its not the batman we have now sure but since this was what he was going for, he nailed it haha
2.  He loved every second of it and still does.  He recently tweeted Ben Affleck with advice about being batman
this_is_marko
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:01 am

I really wish West would have accepted the Bond role. That would have been A-MAZ-ing
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:03 am

DP wrote:I really wish West would have accepted the Bond role. That would have been A-MAZ-ing
He got asked!?  Which era of bond!?
this_is_marko
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:43 am

It was right after Batman. He turned it down because he felt Bond should always be British (even though we'd had an Australian one already at the time).
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:50 am

if it was for the 1969 movie, they had an unknown actor play him who then quit after the movie was over.  His name was George Lazenby
this_is_marko
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum