Name That Successful Franchise That Is Bad!

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Name That Successful Franchise That Is Bad! Empty Name That Successful Franchise That Is Bad!

Post by BigBox on Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:09 am

I'll start, the Resident Evil movie franchise.  The series has grossed $915,934,664 with After Life grossing $296,221,663, making it the highest in the series.  The series has a combined budget of, $248,000,000.  With each installment, it's no secret that people have made a killing off of this awful movie franchise.  But, I must confess that I have seen all of them and sinfully enjoy them.

Last edited by Anaconda_Vice on Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigBox
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Back to top Go down

Name That Successful Franchise That Is Bad! Empty Re: Name That Successful Franchise That Is Bad!

Post by DP on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:07 pm

I'll preface this by saying that this will NOT turn into a debate thread. So no side should try arguing an opinion.

That said, God of War. The story stopped being compelling and unique after 1, when Jaffe (I believe it was Jaffe) left SSM, and then it became the soulless franchise it is now.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Name That Successful Franchise That Is Bad! Empty Re: Name That Successful Franchise That Is Bad!

Post by Count Mario on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:38 pm

I have to say, Jak and Daxter. Or rather, before it hit Jak 3. One of the most overrated trilogies I've seen in my life, for when you do see it mentioned lol.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

Back to top Go down

Post by Mtjjrstccw2 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:56 pm

It was jaffe DP i think
Mtjjrstccw2
Mtjjrstccw2
Sticker
Sticker

PSN : mtjjrstccw1

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:24 pm

Count Mario wrote:I have to say, Jak and Daxter. Or rather, before it hit Jak 3. One of the most overrated trilogies I've seen in my life, for when you do see it mentioned lol.
I'll never understand the hatred towards that franchise within this community. I played through that series the same time as the R&C series and enjoyed both equally. While R@C felt easier to enjoy, J&D pulled me in more.

Anyways, in relation to this thread, if there's something I feel is overrated, then I'd have to say the Call of Duty franchise. It's rare to see something so stagnant be praised for what it is. It's enjoyable to an extent, and people keep coming back hoping it will finally make a leap forward but in the end it's just payed for marketing and a one year lifespan.
Chaosdreams
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:05 pm

Chaos, if you wanna see my reasoning on Jak, DIDOG's LP will be up relatively soon. Forgive the advertising, but that is the easiest way to get all of what I wanna say out there with Jak II.

Another franchise that gets way too much love is Gears of War, considering the characters are flat and the multiplayer wildly inconsistent. So much bad balancing in that series.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:56 pm

The final fantasy franchise. Its never been good even at 7 and with out nostalgia goggles most would see that. 6 did have Kefka which is a plus.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:31 pm

Hmmm....
Assassin's Creed.

I really enjoyed the Second one and Revelations was alright. 3 was meh. I expected more. I'm not looking forward to 4.
BladedgeX
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:38 pm

I agree with AC now. Before Revelations was announced I wouldn't have, though.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:43 pm

Chaosdreams wrote:
Count Mario wrote:I have to say, Jak and Daxter. Or rather, before it hit Jak 3. One of the most overrated trilogies I've seen in my life, for when you do see it mentioned lol.
I'll never understand the hatred towards that franchise within this community. I played through that series the same time as the R&C series and enjoyed both equally. While R@C felt easier to enjoy, J&D pulled me in more.
It's really funny though, Chaos. I actually loved Jak II after U played it for the first time. For what reason, I don't know. But after listening to DP and lpools points and looking back in hindsight, I don't see why I ever had that opinion in the first place. I guess that it was because I was just obsessed with finding a Sony platformer to like and I couldn't find the Sly Collection anywhere, while the Ratchet & Clank Collection wasn't released in the US yet. Sorry, but people change. Albeit, not always with a bad boy attitude and dark transformations after two years.

Anyways, I suppose The Last of Us. Now, I think it's decent game, but just overrated and overhyped as fuck. The zombie/horror genre has been too saturated for years and I don't think Naughty Dog's enough to make this franchise stand out to me, when compared to doing another Jak game or even Uncharted 4.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:21 pm

I agree with AC, I do wanna play 4. But, the series has really started to lose its flair.
BigBox
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:20 am

Count Mario wrote:
Chaosdreams wrote:
It's really funny though, Chaos. I actually loved Jak II after U played it for the first time. For what reason, I don't know. But after listening to DP and lpools points and looking back in hindsight, I don't see why I ever had that opinion in the first place. I guess that it was because I was just obsessed with finding a Sony platformer to like and I couldn't find the Sly Collection anywhere, while the Ratchet & Clank Collection wasn't released in the US yet. Sorry, but people change. Albeit, not always with a bad boy attitude and dark transformations after two years.

Anyways, I suppose The Last of Us. Now, I think it's decent game, but just overrated and overhyped as fuck. The zombie/horror genre has been too saturated for years and I don't think Naughty Dog's enough to make this franchise stand out to me, when compared to doing another Jak game or even Uncharted 4.
Well everyone has their own reason so there's no arguing that. I guess I just think two years of torture is a good enough reason to snap. I sure would. Hm, but, looking back on anything it's easier to see the flaws within a game. There's few I can go back to, play, and fully enjoy, but Jak and Daxter is one of those series. Heck, my distaste in games are more so with what's being released this gen than the previous, just can't find myself as addicted, be it the random one that pulls me in.

I would make one random note (to anyone) that with popularity comes expectations, I do think Naughty Dog is extremely talented, but since Jack and Daxter, I haven't been on board. I skipped the Uncharted series since it was dull, but I do plan to check out The Last of Us because I hear it pulls the gamer in. *Crosses arms* and then there's the Ratchet and Clank games, I lost interest after the ps2 gen, i did play the ones this gen but only some, because it didn't feel the same. And that's time moving forward, not looking back, ha.
Chaosdreams
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:33 am

Opinions aside, but so far I'm the only person that has actually named a successful franchise that is bad. Everyone else has primarily named successful franchises that are good. Now that I've stated that, we should get to the name of the thread. So, let's see more of the franchises like the Resident Evil movie franchise. I would like to not see Mario, Uncharted, Jack and Daxter, Legend of Zelda, Ratchet and Clank, or The Last of Us. Because, all of those a good and successful franchises. Remember the name of the topic.
BigBox
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:35 am

Well, there's only so many franchises that I can name (which aren't shooters) that fit into this topic. So yeah, nothing really comes to mind.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:43 am

SILENT HILL.
BladedgeX
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:27 am

Those movies were pretty bad, but you can see at least one good thing about those SH movies. At least they stayed true to the source materiel. It's a shame they were bad though.
BigBox
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:30 am

Ooh, I got one! The Transformers movies. Michael Bay, nuff said.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:41 am

Count Mario wrote:Ooh, I got one! The Transformers movies. Michael Bay, nuff said.
It all went downhill when Michael Bay got a new female for the third movie and then wrapped the plot around her. Mind boggling, even with all the pretty explosions, I kept thinking to myself "How, the, hell, is she worth this?" lol
Chaosdreams
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:11 am

I watched that with my family in 2011. Me and one of my best friends were cracking on it in the theatre, so hard.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:16 am

I thought she was kinda hot...and I'll take 3 over 2 any day, just sayin'. Lol, on topic: PaRappa. Cult hit, fun game, but hilariously terrible at the same time. It's a weird series in that aspect.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:20 am

Well, I can't say that I disagree. XD

And I have no problem saying this, but the original Spider-Man movie franchise deserves to be mentioned. Nostalgia goggles aside, the movies really weren't good. And no, not just 3. The only one I might even consider labeling as decent is 2. It's a series that really shouldn't be taken as series as it is, like the Christopher Reeves Superman films.

Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:26 am

Anaconda_Vice wrote:Opinions aside, but so far I'm the only person that has actually named a successful franchise that is bad.  Everyone else has primarily named successful franchises that are good.  Now that I've stated that, we should get to the name of the thread.  So, let's see more of the franchises like the Resident Evil movie franchise.  I would like to not see Mario, Uncharted, Jack and Daxter, Legend of Zelda, Ratchet and Clank, or The Last of Us.  Because, all of those a good and successful franchises.  Remember the name of the topic.
"Opinions Aside" "states opinion" we think that the franchises we listed are bad. You can't just expect everyone to have the same opinion as you. For example count saying the last of us made me lose my lunch. But I have no right to tell him he's wrong its his opinion.

Surprised this isn't mentioned yet. Twilight. How can a consistent razzie movie make Apollo much money?
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:35 am

The one good thing about Twilight was that scandal about how Kristen Stewart cheated on Robert Pattinson with Twilight's director, Rupert Sanders. Seriously, that shit's golden.

And to be fair, I think that The Last of Us was good. I even watched the ending and had some feels, although it was pretty (in robin's terms) "whelming". I just think that it's vastly overrated and mainstream. Not to mention that I think the horror video game genre is over-saturated.

And just so this comment will be relevant, Prototype. Never played the series, although I do know the general gist of what its about. Not to mention that I'm sure many people share this opinion.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:26 am

Ok there are multiple things wrong with that but ya know in post 2 dp said no debates. 

I'd expand prototype to anything made by Activision. Seriously except maybe the transformers cybertron games everything they make is meh yet they rake in money. At least ea make quality games but are just horrible people. Yet they don't annualize release. Anything they do that's bad Activision do in some form.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:04 am

I didn't expect to debate anything, so at least we're on the same page.  Regardless of if I disagree with your Survival Horror statement, this isn't a debate thread.

I think that every Pokemon after Gold and Silver is bad.  Widely successful none the less, but it lost that Pokemon flair in the games.  They literally have Pokemon that look like slices of pizza, or chandeliers.  As successful as the installments of the series after Gold and Silver.  They're just as bad as they are successful.  Not to mention cross breading Pokemon as well.
BigBox
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum