SSB WiiU/3DS Character Discussion

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

SSB WiiU/3DS Character Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: SSB WiiU/3DS Character Discussion

Post by Count Mario on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:24 pm

...I'm sorry, but after seeing that video and how he uses moves from Mario Tennis and DDR (c'mon, you all noticed the breakdancing moves. Right? ...RIGHT?), along with the "WAH!", I would shamelessly enjoy Waluigi being in SSB4. Not that I'm actually rooting for him, but if his moveset is anything like that, then I'm definitely maining him. XD
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

Back to top Go down

SSB WiiU/3DS Character Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: SSB WiiU/3DS Character Discussion

Post by Neß on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:43 pm

shikiyakumo wrote:Waluigi counts as a Mario character. lol
oh wow. My bad. I meant to say Mario. I know he's a Mario character

@Count, I feel the same way. The way he looked in that video really looked similar to gave me a similar vibe to SSBC Tingle in terms of playstyle, in that his biggest strength is unpredictability. I could be wrong, but I'm totally downloading that when it's available.
Neß
Neß
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : PSIHeroNess (I never actually play online though.)

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:27 pm

ok heres an interesting topic. With the exception of Jigglypuff whos a 50/50 split, Who does the forum want as the Next Pokemon rep? 

I figure lets look at the possibilities. 

Mewtwo

The pokemon rep in project axis even over the yellow rat shows how high the fanbase regards this guy i mean look at him

SSB WiiU/3DS Character Discussion - Page 5 230px-150Mewtwo

recently mewtwo has been thrust back into the limelight beyond nostalgia and competitive dominance with these guys

SSB WiiU/3DS Character Discussion - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_mt2xmyKlRY1ru5ffx

these megas would undoubtedly be integral to mewtwos playstyle. i can see mewtwo having a reworked moveset with stance changes with psystrike as his common Final Smash. and as he has been the biggest marketing tool for X/Y so far and Recently starred with Genesect in Movie 16. he makes alot of sense.  Moveset wise the stances revolving from Physical X, Special Y and Normal Mixed form would be amazing. The ability to select you form before the fight starts would also be huge but thats optional.

Lucario

This smash Vet has hhad another huge following. Lucario has been used for marketing for every game from DP to BW2 minus BW1 including most spin offs. He has been a constant presence on Pokemon Smash and Sunday and will probably make the transition to Pokemon Get tv. he also recently had a starring role in the league arc of BW where it was the pokemon to actually defeat ash and like Mewtwo has its own movie (Although not 2+ a special like the Genetic Pokemon) its easy to see why

SSB WiiU/3DS Character Discussion - Page 5 Original

Like Mewtwo Lucario has a Mega Form which would probably replace Aura Storm as a Final Smash. His Chances are Quite high as well but not as high as Mewtwos. 

Charizard
As a whole i don't like Charizard that much. Maybe cause he's over rated maybe cause i had more fun with Squirtle and Bulbasaur in my ingame runs I dunno. but Charizard is once again a face of Pokemon. Perhaps its time to break away from Pokemon Trainer and become his own like in Project M.

SSB WiiU/3DS Character Discussion - Page 5 256px-006Charizard

if there was ever a Pokemon that is DEFINITELY more popular than Pikachu this is it. now before i wouldn't have given him a chance. NOW HOWEVER! 
SSB WiiU/3DS Character Discussion - Page 5 Megachars

Unlike Mewtwo these two Charizard forms have alot of positive reception (Mewtwos were almost globally Negative as you know) and as such would make a great character from a marketing standpoint. again stance based is the way to go with X being Physical and Y special, Normal Mixed. Final Smash Could be Blast burn or Seismic toss a move associated with Charizard. My thought for the smash is startup like meta knights, which goes to a cutscene screen freeze where charizard orbits the moon. he then throws his target to the ground, Causing a tremor that smashes all on the screen (Not confirmed kills) and kills the grabbed foe.  his return to the anime (and lets face it he will return in X/Y too for Mega Evolution) and starring role in origins have heightened his popularity, as the pokemon on the forefront of everyones mind next week he's an obvious choice. What does he think about the competition? 
SSB WiiU/3DS Character Discussion - Page 5 FMs7MGY

Pokemon Trainer
Unlike the above Charizard could get in a second way. the return of red. we may also see a Kalos or Unova trainer. but this i feel is unlikely.

Zoroark
No

Gen 6 Hypemon
Who is the Gen 6 Hypemon. thats up to you guys cause idk. 

Pich..........
No

so my opinions. i'd be happy with Any of the Three Solo Pokes personally. But what about you Guys i'm Curios!
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

Back to top Go down

Post by Neß on Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:40 pm

Pichu obviously

Hm, if Jigglypuff isn't an option, and bias choices don't count, out of those guys, I'd have to say I want Mewtwo to return to most, but I'd prefer him to just use his original design.
Neß
Neß
Death To All
Death To All

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:44 pm

if he gets in thats sure as hell not happening, the only reason he'd be getting in at all is cause of the megas.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Neß on Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:47 pm

Yeah I know ;__;
Well I guess if he plays the same that's all that matters. If his playstyle AND design are changed, and he makes it in, it'll feel bittersweet. 
I'd be perfectly fine with a standalone Charizard if it plays like P:M Charizard (not going to happen)
Although if Jigglypuff makes it back, she needs the crown costume from Melee because Jigglypuff is now a fairy princess.
Neß
Neß
Death To All
Death To All

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:55 pm

thing about mewtwo in smash is he kinda sucks. a change in  moveset would be for the better ala Bowser would be cool. Charizard too.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:23 pm

i'd have to say mewtwo as well
this_is_marko
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : this_is_Marko

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:53 pm

Eh. I love Lucario, but I don't think the Blue Barrage (lol I just came up with that nickname) is coming back. He was mainly there to promote Gen IV, and I feel like in a business and even a bit of a moveset aspect that Mewtwo and Charizard can do whatever he can and MORE.

Now... that is really tough question. If we were an ideal world, the Smash roster would have Pikachu, Charizard, Mewtwo, and Pokemon Trainer in. Still, I feel like that would just promote too much Kanto bias (unless Pokemon Trainer and his Pokemon are changed to fit in with a different gen, most likely Gen VI). If I had to pick between one, though... Mewtwo. It has to be Mewtwo. Mainly because he'd be the most ideal legendary representative, having a psychic type Pokemon would make for a diverse/unique moveset, and his Mega forms give him a hell of a lot of variety when all of this is accounted for. Still, I would also love Charizard.

EDIT: And maybe I've been misinformed, but I thought that the only change Bowser got was his stance. what
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:57 pm

I'm pretty sure he got buffed. Like he's faster now IIRC
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:12 pm

Ah. I thought you guys were talking about different moves or something.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:33 pm

i believe he was changed move wise. mainly command grabs. not sure though
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:37 pm

I thought so too. Didn't wanna say for sure though.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:42 pm

Speaking of which; I am VERY surprised Toon Link is making a return - even despite the HD Game.
Crazy.

I still would love to see Classic Link. Or at VERY least, Chibi Link.
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

Back to top Go down

Post by shikiyakumo on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:12 pm

Mewtwo should use his original design and his final smash could be transforming into one his MEGA forms randomly. (50/50 to be either one)
shikiyakumo
shikiyakumo
LANDMASTER!
LANDMASTER!

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:29 pm

Nah. I'd prefer stances/forms. The Final Smash should be Psycho Cut.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:02 am

Nope count. That should be a normal attack in mewtwo x form. His smash should be Psystrike.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

Back to top Go down

SSB WiiU/3DS Character Discussion - Page 5 Empty Thoughts on Ridley

Post by shikiyakumo on Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:59 pm

So after Little Mac's confirmation i was thinking of the character that could be his exact opposite. Ridley. What i mean is that one of the things that Ridley is known for is his flying. He would probably be more of an air based character if he were to be playable.

He'd be harder to hurt in the air due to some super armor, powerful aerials, and not being easy to take out of the air. But his grounded self takes a lot more damage due to lack of his super armor.

Some Mac Vs. Ridley images for no reason: lol

SSB WiiU/3DS Character Discussion - Page 5 717op
SSB WiiU/3DS Character Discussion - Page 5 717sV
shikiyakumo
shikiyakumo
LANDMASTER!
LANDMASTER!

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:40 pm

Um, shouldn't this go in a general character thread? Especially since this character isn't even confirmed? Don't get me wrong, I like where you're going with this and agree, but I'm just Saiyan.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:44 pm

Count Mario wrote:Um, shouldn't this go in a general character thread? Especially since this character isn't even confirmed? Don't get me wrong, I like where you're going with this and agree, but I'm just Saiyan.
Boom. *Merged*
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by shikiyakumo on Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:55 pm

k.Wasn't sure.

Anyway, yeah i guess we should continue the discussion here.
shikiyakumo
shikiyakumo
LANDMASTER!
LANDMASTER!

Back to top Go down

Post by shikiyakumo on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:02 pm

SSB WiiU/3DS Character Discussion - Page 5 Inp6J9rtZiNBe
shikiyakumo
shikiyakumo
LANDMASTER!
LANDMASTER!

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:47 pm

well we got charizard(YAY) and greninja (trolled so hard i thought it was mewtwo now im just dissapointed)
dragonfire111
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:36 pm

Sakurai was trolling the entire time lmao! xD

0CTAVE
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

https://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:59 pm

Greninja looks pretty cool though.
BladedgeX
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next