General Stage Discussion

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

General Stage Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: General Stage Discussion

Post by DP on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:17 am

Honestly, Tetris is one I'd shy away from, at least with LBP. Otherwise, yes; I hadn't thought of Great Clock until lpool mentioned it in this section.

And Count, the sky is the limit. With a LOT of characters planned, it really comes down to how many stage designers hop aboard.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mtjjrstccw2 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:19 am

I did tetris for 1 reason...dat awesome theme
Mtjjrstccw2
Mtjjrstccw2
Sticker
Sticker

PSN : mtjjrstccw1

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:37 am

Gol and Maia's Citadel having the Shroobs (from Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time. They're aliens that look like evil mushrooms) invade from the Rift Gate would be pretty sweet and make plenty of sense. I mean, we got Paper Mario in here, so you can't tell me that we can't have some Mario & Luigi love. Or we could have armies of Dreamy Luigis from Mario & Luigi: Dream Team crossing over a stage that's LittleBigPlanet-related. Or we could take those Dreamy Luigis and put them into a Dive into the Heart stage from Kingdom Hearts.

Or hell, just for the fun of it, we can have the Space Colony ARK from Sonic Adventure 2 crossover into Paris and destroy the moon. Just because it would be awesome.

And DP. Since there will be stages ported from Smash Bros, is it fair to say that you will implement mash-ups into those stages, as well? In fact, could stages from All-Stars have different mash-ups when used in Axis?
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:20 am

i've got an idea for a stage.  Can we have a fat princess x pikmin stage?  both games involve using multiple little creatures to carry one big thing Laughing .  The stage starts out all happy and singing with the pikmin but partway through fat princess and her soldiers come to claim the land for Titania.  It then turns into a blood bath and the soldiers start killing pikmin (turning them into ghosts) and the giant creatures from pikmin trying to eat fat princess' soldiers.  Maybe the pikmin are launching bombs at the soldiers too or picking them up
this_is_marko
this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : this_is_Marko

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:25 am

Okay, that idea is genius. No denying that AT ALL.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mtjjrstccw2 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:04 am

Epic stage idea marko! I'll come up with music mashup for it!
Mtjjrstccw2
Mtjjrstccw2
Sticker
Sticker

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:39 am

As much fun as it would be to have Luigi's Mansion return from Smash Bros, I would prefer one of Dark Moon's varied locales as a stage. In which I would pick my favorite, the Old Clockworks. 

Like the video entails, the players would start off in an elevator filled with gears, nooks, holes, webs, and of course ghosts as its going up. The ghosts will try to often try to throw objects such as rocks or occasionally, helpful items (like Mushrooms, for example). When you elevator reaches its stop, the players will have to hop through an open hatch onto the top of the tower outside (see 6:10 of this video for info on the second stage of this, well, stage).

But here's the catch. Once everybody's outside, the moon suddenly changes into a cartoony artstyle and depicts a shadowy figure gradually coming down. When its near, its eyes will glow red, and the moonlight reveals that it's none other than... CLOCKWERK! Seriously, who else would you expect from all of these details and even the stage's name? Zeus? Further more, Clockwerk will occasionally swoop into the stage to attack players (likely due to wanting to find the dormant Dark Moon piece held by the Possessor ghost that lives here), a la Songbird in Stowaways, and the damage done to the building lets out plenty of ghosts. Thus, gathering the attention of the local Possessor ghost (who probably thinks that the players are harming the building), who takes control of the clock hands on the ground (which will obviously be used as hazards, if you watched the video). Finally, the Possessor notices Clockwerk and attempts to control him, causing him to self-destruct.

Here's some of the music that can be played:

This stage could just be called "The Old Clockwerks", which would obviously be an innuendo.

Oh, and DP, quick tip. The Great Clock/Temple of Time stage should TOTALLY be called, "Clock Blockers".
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:02 pm

Some stages will simply have the base stage name but that wouldnt be a bad one lol. As for New/added mashups, they are possible but not necessarily guaranteed. Some SSB stages WILL begin as original stages and get morphed. Others will stay like in FD.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:35 pm

Well, FD's obvious. I was mainly talking about Nintendo franchise-based stages. But I get what you mean.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mtjjrstccw2 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:18 pm

For marko's pikmin x Fat Princess stage, here's the BGM

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A-gdJXxcbxw this mashed up with this http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=feSwvdVQr7M
Mtjjrstccw2
Mtjjrstccw2
Sticker
Sticker

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:22 pm

This suggestion is both for lpool and myself since I also feel that these two series HAVE to intertwine in some sort of fashion outside of rivalries.

Reepor in Havoc:
I was contemplating whether Fastoon or Reepor would make for better stage representation for Tools of Destruction, but after contemplating, I have to go with the latter. As story essential Fastoon is, it's honestly just a barren wasteland with rnadom structures of Lombax civilization still standing. It's of course not a bad theme, but in terms of what I've seen from the Ratchet & Clank series in a about a year since I've started playing, the series has much more potential in terms of stage theming.

Seriously, just look at this place. It's the homeworld of the installment's main antagonist (Emperor Percival Tachyon), the tone is notably epic and glooming with Tachyon's minions roaming about for plenty of hectic action, the locale is outstandingly unique with acid pools and rivers pouring from astounding rock structures with plenty of technological grounding and tactical stations littered around, acts as representation for the climax of the game, and we have potential for several characters appearing here like Tachyon, Qwark, Cronk, Zephyr, and Talwyn (not to mention the Drophyd minions).

The stage would probably start out with the players fighting on Ratchet and Talwyn's ships until they fly into the background in order to bring in a few seconds of free falling, a la Invasion/Fearless from PlayStation All-Stars. The players then land into the arena (which could take place either in the battleground or on the bridge to Tachyon's throne. Either is fine). After a while though, Tachyon (who will likely be watching from the background) plays an active role by activating the Dimensionator in order to summon the Cragmites. However, it's obvious that this will be the tool used to bring in an element from a Smash Bros series, and said thing is...

Yep, Zavok (along with his serpent mech) from Sonic Lost World. I know that this is a recent game, but given how its been in existence in the public eye for about as long as Pokemon X and Y, and that said games will have representation with Mewtwo harnessing his Mega forms, I really don't see the problem with this. Zavok easily fits into invading because the Sonic and Ratchet series are alike in several ways which lpool could rant on about for hours instead of me explaining, a great/ancient evil is still being released by Tachyon from the Dimensionator, and given by how Zavok and Tachyon are both malicious conquerers, I think it would lead to some interesting interactions.

So yeah, Zavok invades with his mech and as you can guess, him and Tachyon start to battle. We could also have a little humor by having Cronk and Zephyr attempting to climb Zavok's mech. And as stage hazards, Zavok's mech will also fire fireballs and lasers into players, as well as rushing across the main battlefield while releasing electricity.

The battle ends with Cronk and Zephyr destroying Zavok's mech by hitting the weak spot at the end of its tail, causing the rider to knock into Tachyon which in turn causes the Dimensionator to actually activate and warp them to an alternate dimension.

The themes that would play would be the Cragmite Caves theme and the Deadly Six theme played during the rematch with Zavok.

(The above Deadly Six theme is not the specific version I was referring to, but since it hasn't been uploaded yet, I'll use this one for the mean time.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:58 pm

In this very thread I've confirmed two Ratchet AND two Sonic stages already. If you can provide sound enough reasoning as to why I should mix the two together for a third, your submission would gain a bit more weight in my book, although the background fighting/Cronk and Zephyr stuff is way too ambitious to fit in the background of a level, I'll say thay now.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:03 pm

yeah remember count. its a sprote game. there are limits. i mean what you want is possible but it would take alot of time and honestly not look that good.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkie Pie on Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:04 pm

Cuz Sawnik and Ratchit eez awesome
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Welcome To BUZZ!
Welcome To BUZZ!

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:25 pm

Well geez, I was just trying to come up with a random idea I just got. I don't really expect pretty much anything I've come up with to get taken into account, nonetheless actually seeing every little detail being possible. I know that this is sort of out of left field, but when I come up with these ideas, I don't take into account software limitations. I just allow my imagination to flourish. But if you really want a reason for this happening, DP, well, I don't really have one at all. It's actually pretty much what Axel said. XD

Seriously, I wasn't expecting a response, nonetheless that. XD
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mtjjrstccw2 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:47 pm

TM and F-Zero
Mtjjrstccw2
Mtjjrstccw2
Sticker
Sticker

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:48 pm

Alright, time to redeem myself. I'll admit that I could've been more thoughtful and rational with my previous idea, but I was just going along with the scenario I pictured in my head rather than being realistic. However, that now changes! But I'm still not abandoning my desired mash-up. In fact, I'm going for a bit of a switch-up.

Planet Wisp:
Pretty self explanatory. The stage takes place on Planet Wisp, depicting the contrasting elements of both nature and industry. There will be plenty of Wisps roaming about, including multiple breeds, along with this theme playing:

I know that some would recommend the Generations remix, but personally, I prefer this version simply because it just sounds more elegant and gorgeous without that repetitive guitar that you'll find in pretty much every Modern stage remix.

Anyways, Ratchet & Clank will obviously be the mash-up. However, disregard everything I mentioned in my previous post because I'm actually going to say that the Biobliterator should invade by swooping in out of the sky (the Biobliterator could either be in its spherical or battle form, although I personally prefer the latter just because it's more epic).

I mean, just take a minute to think about it. The Biobliterator is designed to convert organic life-forms into robots. Now look at what was happening to the Wisps in Colors (as well as the animals in the classic Sonic titles and Lost World), as they were actually being used to create Eggman's robots. I find that to be a pretty awesome parallel to the point where I think that it justifies the crossover. As for what happens at the end of the battle, just have the remaining Wisps do some crazy "Taste the Rainbow" blast that makes the Biobliterator self-destruct.

Now that I've explained how it works, allow me to justify why I'd like to see this stage. Let me start with how DP pointed out how there were already two Ratchet & Clank and Sonic stages. This is technically true, but to apply such a general term to the latter franchise is a but unfitting since Sonic only has a full stage and a MASH-UP (remember Crisis in New Marais). Now, I'm not saying this means that more work is being put in to the R&C stages or anything like that, but I do feel like that if there's enough dev time that it could be accepted as a stage that balances out the total roster of stages. Not to mention that with Ratchet & Clank, we still have two stages that are from the same game, no less. I already expressed a bit of shock and disappoint at how we couldn't see another installment get represented properly, and I feel like Planet Wisp actually rectifies that, as well as allowing the classic PS2 Ratchet & Clank games to be repped. Also, I just feel like Sonic Colors has some of the most unique stage themes in that series to date that it'd be a shame if we didn't see the likes of Planet Wisp, Sweet Mountain, or Aquariam Park (not to mention the awe-inspiring soundtrack).

Besides that, I thought much more realistically about the stage than pretty shoving at least three-four character sprites into a hectic background that gets a giant boss to invade it halfway through. Nonetheless the actual stage.

Additionally, allow me to say a few sentences about why I'm apparently so desiring of this mash-up. Sonic the Hedgehog and Ratchet & Clank are both similar series down to their core. Obviously, they're both action-platformers that are traditionally story-driven. However, just look at their characters and stories for a moment. Both protagonists are cocky, reckless, and wisecracking furry animals with intelligent sidekicks (who both happen to have flying capabilities and carry their partners, by the way) who fight against several renowned villains to save the day, most notably cliche diabolical doctors who make a bunch of robots, turn organic beings into said robots, laugh a LOT, tried to control the fabrics of space and time, have too many bases to count, and are both comical/taken seriously. Both series have had installments about traveling through time (as well as space, obviously). And if you have free time, just look up "Sonic and Ratchet" and you'll find so much fanart and fanfiction that it's just beyond belief. XD In fact, Sonic Adventure 2 was actually the first platformer (well actually, it was technically going Sonic X-Treme, but there's a reason why barely anybody has heard of it. You know, since it was a nightmare to program and became cancelled) to create spherical landscapes with their own gravity implemented, which is shown in Rouge the Bat's Mad Space stage.

Now, if I'm correct, Ratchet & Clank first implemented these mechanics in 2003's Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando during the Giant Clank bosses against the Thugs-4-Less Leader ithe Dobbo Orbit and the Mothership in the Damosel Orbit. If my memory is indeed correct about this, then Sonic actually did it a year earlier. Now I ask you this, wouldn't it be fitting if the two pioneering series of interstellar spherical world landscapes actually had a stage mash-up on an extraterrestrial planet? I'll leave that up to you.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:12 am

Nefarious only had 11 bases. Two from the Vid-Comics, Aquatos, Daxx, one of the three Obani Moons explored, Koros, the ship above Zeldrin Starport, Mylon, the NSS, and the planet whose name I forget where he built the NSS.

...Okay I see your point.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkie Pie on Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:16 am

Assassin's Creed x FF7
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Welcome To BUZZ!
Welcome To BUZZ!

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:20 am

Axel wrote:Assassin's Creed x FF7
There should be Moogles attacking AC guards in the background xD
General Stage Discussion - Page 3 20110519030433!FFIX-Moogle_Concept
BigBox
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:28 am

Eggman has had the Scrap Brain Zone, Metropolis Zone, Sky Fortress Zone, Death Egg Zone, Launch Base Zone, Metal Madness Zone, Final Egg, Egg Carrier, Egg Quarters, Space Colony ARK, Egg Fleet, Lava Shelter, Ice Factory, that dumb corporation form Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, Dead Line, White Acropolis, Aquatic Base, Eggmanland, Eggman's Interstellar Amusement Park, and Lava Mountain. That's only twenty, and I'm only counting locations from the games that could be considered as canon. what 

And FYI, the ship above Zeldrin Starport was called the Leviathan. And I could even wager that Planet Zanifar (present) was one of Nefarious' bases as well.

...lol Sorry, I just love showing off what I've learned about a series that I've played most of the installments of in less than a year.

Last edited by Count Mario on Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:33 am

Was Zanifar the one he used to build the NSS/use as a prison camp? Because that was the one I was referring to but I couldn't remember if Zanifar was the name of that one or the first planet in CiT.

And cut me some slack on the Leviathan; I've only played UYA once in the last eight years. Given, I've played it 80 other times but fuck you.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:38 am

OH, THAT'S WHAT NSS STANDS FOR!

...I'm an idiot. XD Yeah, it was Zanifar. And you should still be ashamed, DP. Very ashamed.
Count Mario
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:51 am

Oh I'm not ashamed lol. I still got all of Nefarious's bases from memory, missing one name which is only mentioned once in the game (during a cutscene when I actually was on the forum, the only one where I did that, coincidentally), which is good enough for me. I'm serious about thst parenthetical, btw; it's literally the only cutscene I don't pay attention to in that game
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:57 am

...lol.
Count Mario
Count Mario