Aliens Vote_lcap100%Aliens Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 7 ]
Aliens Vote_lcap0%Aliens Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

Aliens Empty Aliens

Post by god-of-paradise on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:25 am

Aliens Aliens-meme

Who the fudge knows :P what do you think on the subject of E.T.'s living somewhere out there?
god-of-paradise
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

Back to top Go down

Aliens Empty Re: Aliens

Post by DP on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:43 am

It is impossible that there is no life anywhere else, that much has been proven already. And it's a statistical impossibility that there is no other intelligent life in the universe. We are but one of thousands upon thousands of species on just one planet. One planet of nine orbiting just our star. (Note: I don't take the IAU's decision as factual until the full group votes, because fun fact, only 1/3 actually voted. The rest all had gone home by then.) One star out of over 300 billion in our galaxy. One galaxy out of 200 or so billion. That's 60,000 BILLION stars, which makes for at least twice as many planets. Now, given, not even half of those are habitable by our own standards, but that still leaves insane amounts of planets that could be inhabited by humanoids, not to mention different types of life undoubtedly exists in the rest of the universe (we have argon-based life forms here on Earth, for example, which shows that anything is possible). I dare anyone to tell me that this is definitively the only case of intelligent life out of an unfathomable amount of planets.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:47 am

due to the cosmic horizon however it is possible for them to exist and we never be able to communicate in any way ever
quackerzacher
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

PSN : quackerzacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwi on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:50 am

I believe in life.
Not necessarily intelligent life, and definitely not humanoid life, but life.

Allow me to clarify. It's, like DP said, statistically impossible for there to be no life anywhere else but Earth. Downright ridiculous, I tell ya what. But is it intelligent? Well, that's also incredibly likely, that doesn't mean they'll be intelligent by our standards. They could have a completely different thought process, and as such we may not even be able to recognize the sentience of these hypothetical lifeforms.

And I pretty much think that there isn't any other humanoid life out there. I never understood why people always think it's gotta be humanoid. You see, the fact that we and these hypothetical extraterrestrials no doubt come from vastly different environments, with vastly different ecosystems means that there's almost no chance in frozen Hell that we'll resemble these aliens in the slightest.

At most, we may both have ears, because convergent evolution and shit.

Baaaaaasically, what I'm saying is, if there's already a ridiculous, truly staggering amount of diversit among species on our own planet, the aliens out there, on other planets, millions of miles away and with no relation to anything here on Earth, are going to look truly alien.
Kiwi
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

PSN : ChaosKiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:55 am

I have no doubts that somewhere outside of Earth, some form of Intelligent life does exist. With all of the different galaxies and universes, there just has to be. But with all of that being said, do you believe that we have ever been visited by "them"? I always find supernatural things to be interesting and Ufos are no exception, but I really have no ideas as to what is really going on in our world.
god-of-paradise
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:42 am

to explain what i was talking about we are moving away from some other galaxies faster than the speed of light so unless its close(relative to galaxies) we wont be hearing from them ever
quackerzacher
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwi on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:02 am

god-of-paradise wrote:

I have no doubts that somewhere outside of Earth, some form of Intelligent life does exist. With all of the different galaxies and universes, there just has to be. But with all of that being said, do you believe that we have ever been visited by "them"? I always find supernatural things to be interesting and Ufos are no exception, but I really have no ideas as to what is really going on in our world.

I don't think we've ever been visited, no. It'd be cool if we were, but it's hiiiiighly unlikely.
And if the aliens are in a different galaxy, we probably won't meet them for hundreds of hundreds of years.. And a different universe? Nigh impossible.

quackerzacher wrote:to explain what i was talking about we are moving away from some other galaxies faster than the speed of light so unless its close(relative to galaxies) we wont be hearing from them ever

I don't think you understand how that works.
Firstly, not all galaxies are moving apart. Some are moving towards each other, like our very own Milky Way and the Andromeda galaxy.

Secondly, the only things that move as fast as light are light itself and other electromagnetic waves. Nothing is faster than light. Nothing.
Kiwi
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

Back to top Go down

Post by animeprophet on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:44 am

You ask us whether or not we belive in aliens yet you give us a picture proving they exist in your opening post.

I believe, whether it's intelligent or not, that there exist life out in the cosmos. The universe is to vast a place for us to be the only species of any kind.
animeprophet
animeprophet
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : ANIMEPROPHET

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:10 am

but if two things were moving away from each other at half the speed of light then it is possible to be moving away from each other fast enough so no one could... idk
quackerzacher
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwi on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:08 am

quackerzacher wrote:but if two things were moving away from each other at half the speed of light then it is possible to be moving away from each other fast enough so no one could... idk

It's almost impossible for anything to reach even 1% of light sped, let alone half.
Kiwi
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:11 am

Kiwi wrote:
quackerzacher wrote:but if two things were moving away from each other at half the speed of light then it is possible to be moving away from each other fast enough so no one could... idk

It's almost impossible for anything to reach even 1% of light sped, let alone half.
ok i guess i was talking about this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observable_universe
i dont have the time to read it right now but it looks good enough so yeah. it says the observable universe is 10^26 metres away from you. i dont think i worded it right the first time too my bad.
quackerzacher
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwi on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:10 am

quackerzacher wrote:
Kiwi wrote:

ok i guess i was talking about this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observable_universe
i dont have the time to read it right now but it looks good enough so yeah. it says the observable universe is 10^26 metres away from you. i dont think i worded it right the first time too my bad.

Um, observable universe is the term we use for parts of the universe we can see. It has nothing to do with distance or what have you.
Kiwi
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down