Character Discussion Section?

Go down

Character Discussion Section? Empty Character Discussion Section?

Post by CalDW19940 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:22 pm

I've been on these forums for a short while now and I think the community is AMAZING here however there isn't much talk amongst members about the all stars metagame, characters, tactics and so on.

I think this is down to only having the competetive battling section as a topic for such discussion so I suggest adding a Character Discussion Section with sub sections dedicated to only all current characters or future DLC ones. This will get more players able to discuss whatever they want about character, movesets, combos, matchups etc without feeling like theyed just clutter up the competetive battling section.
CalDW19940
CalDW19940
Sticker
Sticker

PSN : CalDW19940

Back to top Go down

Character Discussion Section? Empty Re: Character Discussion Section?

Post by MrEpic on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:33 pm

Hey I've been meaning to talk to you.. Or show you. Its some pretty sick Big Daddy combos I think you'd enjoy! Ive had accomplished one I use in games but there hard. So...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SxsaPMdJUKE

But I love this community and the people in it. I've been here since Big Daddy and Drake were announced. And been consistentish for there up until now and I can't say I haven't had a bad time. Leaks... Fakes... And its just been a blast! From people I've met.. To people I acually played with online and argued with..(lpool..) but I loved every second and switching to these forums and I know I shouldn't brag about this old shit... But someone, I think Noirpixel, he made the best forumers thread I was on it. And For people wondering.. I dont write long messages anymore because I'm on my phone and you try to write a whole a freaking long message on a phone. But Other than that... I LOVE YOU GUYS!:) and how much you guys put up with me!
MrEpic
MrEpic
PACL Champion
PACL Champion

PSN : MrEpic1

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:17 pm

I'm not sure a separate section would really get much done other than split up one semi-used section into twenty minisculely-used ones. I personally don't think it would really increase the activity in that section. Creating general threads is something you could do that would work fine, and would be useful as-needed for certain characters. Even that, though, I don't think would increase activity that much in the battling section. I think we just have to wait for Kat/Emmett to come out and spark some life back into strategizing of all kinds.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CalDW19940 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:41 pm

DP27 wrote:I'm not sure a separate section would really get much done other than split up one semi-used section into twenty minisculely-used ones. I personally don't think it would really increase the activity in that section. Creating general threads is something you could do that would work fine, and would be useful as-needed for certain characters. Even that, though, I don't think would increase activity that much in the battling section. I think we just have to wait for Kat/Emmett to come out and spark some life back into strategizing of all kinds.

I dunno, I myself want to discuss Big Daddy matchups but making 20 threadsin thd competetive battling section would feel a bit obnoxious and soon other threads would make them disapear :L Least theyed always be seen on page 1 of a sub section but thanks for the thoughts.

@MrEpic Oh I've seen kages vids a while ago and they helped a lot early on and became a base for what I could expand on as BD :)
CalDW19940
CalDW19940
Sticker
Sticker

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:46 pm

Well if anything we'd be able to sticky the 20 threads..just an idea.

Not saying I'm against the 20 subsections but it's just an idea.
0CTAVE
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

https://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:24 am

Well, I mean, I'd be more than willing to discuss Big Daddy matchups, but there's a designated thread entirely for matchup situations already, one that's pretty long and was made in attempt to garner data for a full matchup list for each and every character. There's not much of a point to create more than one other thread for that topic (which would be a general discussion on his matchups), at least in my eyes.

20 stickies could work, as well, as Slayer pointed out, but even then just stickying Ayla's thread for general matchups if it's not already could definitely get the job done IMO.

And when in doubt, Cal, go nuts. I'm sure nobody would be adverse to your threads, so long as they serve different purposes and each merit threads!
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:45 am

As long as the threads are different and not clones, then I don't think at this point in time it's much of a concern how many threads are created. If we make more sections then it'll just promote people to not converse with one another. If anything, we have to many sections as it is.

It's tricky, more sections for better organization, or less for more discussion. The balance is not to bad as of now. The issue is just with the point in time that the game is at. Unlike forums that discuss multiple games, this one focuses on a particular game as a whole, with one section dedicated to discussing other games.
Chaosdreams
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

Back to top Go down

Post by CalDW19940 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:56 am

Well thanks for the feedback, I just didn't want to sound rude making so many topics or getting everything cluttered xD Especiallh if others want to do the same for other characters in the one section :L
CalDW19940
CalDW19940
Sticker
Sticker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down