We're hiring, there's an open position!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

We're hiring, there's an open position! Empty We're hiring, there's an open position!

Post by 0CTAVE on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:31 am

Alright guys, we've had an increase in both activity and users. With that said, it's time for a lucky member to join the staff and show off what he/she's got!
Here's the catch though, last time the application/interview was pretty short but this time it will be a little longer and the application can be found below.
Before we get to the application here's a nice little "overview" of the job and what's required of you.

1.Moderator candidates must be well respected individuals on the forums, who are Community Leaders/Role Models (no, this is NOT popularity).

2.They must be people who help others with problems, promote and sustain our community by posting good, intelligent posts.

3.These are people who are usually at a steady "Calm" and don't bounce from highs to lows on the forum (moody).

4.They demonstrate that they can take flames, deal with others in a respectful manner, be objective and in general, promote a friendlier atmosphere on the community. When they post, they post something worth while.

5.They adhere to the forum rules - what might be borderline in a regular poster is in NO way appropriate for a moderator.

6.They can represent PA Stadium, even upholding policies that they may not agree with.
(These policies can be brought up for change in a professional manner)

7.Work well and professionally in a team.

8.Please carefully consider if you have the time to moderate the board.

9.Lastly and very importantly, Moderator candidates are also expected to be able to show forum skills and common sense in dealing with people in a professional manner.
(Time for serious Slayer...)

If you think that you have demonstrated these skills here at PA Stadium and wish to apply for the position of moderator, you may fill out the following form. Please treat it as you would a professional job application, because that is how we will be evaluating it.

We understand that you may not be familiar with the moderator policies and procedures, but please respond to the scenario questions as though you were a moderator, using your best judgment. We are primarily looking at the quality of the response, rather than a specific right/wrong answer.

Finally, the application can be found in the spoiler tags below.
Tip:Give as much information as you can.
Spoiler:
1.Why do you want to become a Mod?

2.What qualities do you have that would make you a good choice for the job?

3.What timezone are you in?

4.When would you be available to Moderate the forum? Time/Day.(How often?)

5.Have you ever disagreed with a moderator's action? If so, what would you have done as a moderator in that situation?

6.What kind of experiences, if any, did you have while working in a team environment?

7.Name one thing about the boards that you think needs improvement.

8.Have you ever moderated a board system or chat before? If so, please describe your experience.

9.A new user asks a question concerning the forum and how it functions. What would you do?

10.What do you think your number 1 job as a mod is?

11.Two(or more)users are arguing and attacking each other.What do you do?

12.Besides yourself, which other member do you think deserves the job?

Reminder:Give as much information as you possibly can.

Post all applications here and please do not PM the mods or admins with applications or asking for the status of your application.
We will not respond if that's what a PM pertains too!

Well, good luck to you all and we hope to see multiple potential moderators applying for this position!

Please be respectful if you have to make comments on anyone's application.

Last edited by Slayer5228 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:45 am; edited 2 times in total
0CTAVE
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

https://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

We're hiring, there's an open position! Empty Re: We're hiring, there's an open position!

Post by dragonfire111 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:56 am

1. im on alot and i really want to help out on the forums

2. im nice and respectful to others but i can be very tough when i need to be ive also modded on other places so i suppose i have experience so to say hahaha

3. UTC central time

4. i cant honestly give specific times (with school and all i dont know when id be busy and when i wouldnt) but i am on alot so i would moderate whenever i could

5. only one time i disagreed with a mod (when you closed that 1 hilarious joke thread of mine on a dead day slayer) but the problem was easily rectified when i requested the thread be unlocked i probably would have left the thread alone as a mod it was way too ridiculous to be trolling :P

6. well i did help train others in martial arts for a time (mainly just beginners) does that count?

7. as of right now the only thing i think would be a good improvement is a way to check all messages as read from the main page instead of having to go into each individual section

8. i have and am currently moderating a chat and things go fine there most of the time ive only had to kick people as a warning banning has never been necessary

9. i would of course tell them the answer to their question to the best of my knowlege if i dont know everything i would check if another mod was online and ask them about it or i would look up the information myself if noone else that knew the answer was on

10; helping the people on the forum though technically that generalizes all of the mods duties hahaha

11. find out the cause and try to mediate the situation first i would ask them to try to discuss it through PMs if it was just 2 people if that failed i would give them a warning to stop and after that i would reduce their meter if they still wished to continue "LEVEL 3 GO RAAAAR"

12. Countmario, DP, lpool
dragonfire111
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

Back to top Go down

We're hiring, there's an open position! Empty Re: We're hiring, there's an open position!

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:38 am

Sorry guys, but I want to formally withdraw my application.

I'm finding I may have even more work to do with the league in the future and I just wont have the proper time to moderate the site.

Best of luck to whoever gets the position.

Last edited by Ayla's Hero on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:40 am

Oh snap! Just between the two above me, you are going to have a hard time picking slayer xD Ayla and dragon both would make great mods :)
god-of-paradise
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:49 am

Yep, this will be interesting.

Let's see if the others will step up!
0CTAVE
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:57 am

god-of-paradise wrote:Oh snap! Just between the two above me, you are going to have a hard time picking slayer xD Ayla and dragon both would make great mods :)

Thanks for the compliment! I know we have LOADS of amazing people who could ill the spot! :)

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:09 am

I wish to help out on this forum i have been on other forums which people would just flood them when the mods were asleep/away and i want to help not let that happen, i also want to help people when it comes not knoing things about the forum or topics aboutgames etc and i am also on most of the time and i would like other things to do that could help me out later in life when i'm looking or a job

i'm a person that never really took one side of every argument i always saw both sides of the point so i would be some one that could weigh in on both side of the argument. I have also started taking leadership posioning lessons in school so i would be a good place to use them, I'm also a person that never holds some thing to a person while i'll remember it i'ave learned not to bring it up at every point in time

UTC/GMT +10 hours but its daylight saying time so ad an hour right now UTC/GMT +11 hours

right now i'm on holidays till Feburay so i say 9am to 12am every day but once school starts back up it will be
Mon-Fri (lighty 9am to 3pm) 4pm to 12pm
Sat, Sun 9am to 12pm
by lighty i mean can be on the forums some time like during breaks but other wise no

5.Have you ever disagreed with a moderator's action? If so, what would you have done as a moderator in that situation?
not really most of the mods i come by make good choices when it come to choices but there was one time on another forum where two forum goers where just fight over some thing pointless (can't remember for the life of me) and a mod steped in banning one guy and leting the other one of the hook with just a warning which wasn't fair to the one that got banned. If i was in his shoes i would of started talking to them both trying to find out what was wrong with the other person sides of the veiw and try to get things right between to the two if not i would of gave then both a warning and told then to stop fighting over stupid things

6.What kind of experiences, if any, did you have while working in a team environment?

Well like i said before i am now taking a class at school to help teach us about working with a group with people in order to help improve leadership skills and help us work as a group together

reply boxs. After doing all the AP guides there is just not enought room to work with and even when you hide the smileys their still ot enought room height wise

8.Have you ever moderated a board system or chat before? If so, please describe your experience.

No

9.A new user asks a question concerning the forum and how it functions. What would you do?
If i know the answer i would just answer them with out making it sound to complicated
If i don't know the answer then i would start asking any of the other mods/admins if they know it
and in the slight chace none of the mods/admins knew the answer then i would ask if anyone one on the forums if they knew the answer

To help the forum user weather they would be new or old to it and to keep the comunity alive by acting fast to slove questions and to help people know around the forums

Well first off i would go over what points both of them made and try to find a point of which both of them can agree on without making them fight over it, then i would show them said point and asking them if could come to a stop with the actions that they are doing. If that dosen't working i try and find them a different point and kindly ask them if they can agree on it but in the chance they don't i would make them stop by which i mean closing the thread and warning them, but if none of that works and if they are still going at it then a ban is needed (off course i would need a Admins aprovel on it if needed)

DP27
he has alway been around and is really good topic start bring up points alot

dragonfire111
has always been around never really acts wrongly

i treated this like a real job not some joke like i did last time well we will see
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:11 am

Ayla's Hero wrote:
god-of-paradise wrote:Oh snap! Just between the two above me, you are going to have a hard time picking slayer xD Ayla and dragon both would make great mods We're hiring, there's an open position! 650269930

Thanks for the compliment! I know we have LOADS of amazing people who could ill the spot! We're hiring, there's an open position! 650269930
same here but im interested to see who else will apply
dragonfire111
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:37 am

nothing against dragon or aya or whatever but i dont want ether of them papertoons is my vote
quackerzacher
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

PSN : quackerzacher

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:38 am

okay why?
papertoonz
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:40 am

papertoonz wrote:okay why?
i like you the best dragon is too opinionated i dont like aya's baby picture. idk i just have a good feeling about you.
quackerzacher
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulO on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:16 am

^Well that baby picture is the reason behind his username, and its a very strong story.

I've been on this forum for awhile(lurking haha), and there are plenty of users that deserve a spot imo, but my vote goes to dp, or aylas. I remember before all stars was even out he would make very pleasant and enjoyable content that created discussion and kept a lot of my hype up about this game. Though theres also aylas who's running the pasta league really well. He definitely has experience running things. Can we have two extra mods :D
SoulO
SoulO
You Gotta Believe!
You Gotta Believe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jechtsphere on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:05 am

There is no vote...well only the staff votes matter. Let's leave this topic for people who want it.
Jechtsphere
Jechtsphere
Staff
Staff

PSN : Jechtsphere

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:12 am

Mods ruining fun since the beginning of the internet
quackerzacher
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:35 am

I just wanna help out around here as much as i can. i want to see this place grow even ore.

9/10 i post logic or opinions in an organized manner. it takes alot for me to go overboard and post something ridiculous. Organization wise i do keep 3 youtube channels alive. also i have a ridiculous trait of dropping grudges when i get power. don't ask me how but i do. for some reason i keep everyone under the same watchful yet friendly eye.

GMT

the only times i'm not on is 9am-4pm weekdays and whenever i sleep. otherwise i'm on here

with the mighty power of 20/20 hindsight no i haven't in fact the couple of times i have disagreed on the spot i come around to a mods way of thinking pretty quickly

Obviously I run the Pastadium Channel which has me working with theo and sponge more recently Ayla and RWComix if he ever resurfaces. i was also a former director on PokemonUnite a community channel which required weekly uploads and in a group of about 22 people i was often the most level headed.

just a bit of cleanliness. some of my poll threads can be put into the Grave for example.

8.Have you ever moderated a board system or chat before? If so, please describe your experience. i have pseudo modded a couple (Backseat modding, Modding without powers)
but no i never have.

well i must answer their question! if it is a forum problem get it fixed if its navigation troubles set them on the right path in the friendliest manner i can. we want users to stick. this community needs to grow.

To help users new or old around the forums. it could be a html fixed ,merging posts/topics or just providing a link. but helping is the main issue

it really is a question of who serious the argument is. if its an honest debate or a good argument keep an eye on it but let it run. if it is brought to my attention or is basically a "Your Moma" off both users get a public warning. should the persist its a private warning. and should it persist even more its an ap drop.

Dp or Ayla. Dp is one of the most level headed people here. Ayla has single handedly organized the league which is running well. and both are well respected posters. Despite the animosity we both gathered after a while dragon would be an awesome mod too. should count apply he'd be a great choice as well. if i haad to pick one poster to be a mod i wouldn't because all four of these deserve it and are able for it.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:34 pm

Hey, I'll give it a shot.

I feel that if I were a mod I could have the opportunity to help maintain the forum's quality and I would do my best to help take said quality to a higher standard.

I'm pretty much always respectful on this forum, and can maintain myself if a dispute arises. In addition, I'm very intelligent and can pick up things such as extended mod rules/powers quickly, and am trustworthy enough to not abuse these powers if given them. I tend to work well in groups, be they small or large. Lastly, I've shown that I can maintain the peace before, having remained on the official forum after the vet migration here for the sake of maintaining a moderator-esque position there even if no one else would. (That venture was more or less successful until the game launched, because it brought on the simultaneous lack of constant activity on that forum from me and outpouring of newer users.)

EST (GMT-5)

I'm pretty much on this forum every day for at least an hour at some point or another, with the page open in the background much more often than that refreshing to see if there are new posts. It's rare that I wouldn't be available at this current time.

I cannot recall a situation where I disagreed with this forum's moderators. I've often had issues with the official forum's moderators (as we all have) for being unreliable and inactive. If I were a mod, I'd obviously rectify that by bringing more constant mod activity to that forum.

I often work on team projects and such, and pretty much all of them have been beneficial to me and the group as a whole.

I'd say the layout/aesthetics of the forum, though the latter is still in the works by Helv. The layout only because I remember initially being a bit confused by how it was set up (and because I remember other newbies sharing this sentiment since I've arrived).

I do not recall ever doing so.

I'd give the new forumer the simplest but most effective explanation of how things go around here, and if that did not help the person understand, I'd continue attempting to explain whatever it is that was confusing them.

A mod's job is, everything else considered, to bring as much peaceful foruming to the most people possible.

As a mod: Give a warning to both users to stop the arguing immediately, warn one (or more) of the users one last time if they continue after I warn them, and then if they continue again I'd be forced to use my powers as a mod.
As a forumer: Notify a mod and then do the above (barring the powers of a mod that I would not have).

I'd say Ayla, dragonfire, and Count (in no particular order) are the three that immediately come to mind for their contributions to the forum and usual calmness.

I can elaborate on any of these as necessary.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwi on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:01 pm

When are applications due? I can have mine up tonight.
Kiwi
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

PSN : ChaosKiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:28 pm

Kiwi wrote:When are applications due? I can have mine up tonight.

There's no current rush, however it won't be open forever. I don't see a problem with you having it up tonight.
Chaosdreams
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwi on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:06 pm

I want to help this forum thrive as a community and realize it's true potential. I feel as though it could be to PSASBR what Smashboards is to Smash Bros., given proper time and guidance.
I also want to help people on here, like new users and such, so that everyone generally feels more comfortable.

I find from experience that I'm good in roles or leadership and power, such as moderatorship. Also, my experience moderating other forums could help, as I'd use that experience to help improve the forums overall and help clean them up.

EST

Generally, I'm on the forums every single day, at various times. I make it a point to check in here several times each day, for an hour or two each, and longer if there's a discussion or such that I'm interested in going on.

In reference to these forums, no, as I find the moderators here generally do a fine job of running the place.

I have experience leading team and groups like debate team, and also work well in groups in general.

I think we need to just get this place more organized. Cut back on having multiple topics for the same games/whatevs, you know, that sort of stuff.

I have. Multiple times, in fact. I've created and moderated several forums of my own for various things, such as RPing, discussion of games, and more. Also, I've moderated a chat where people talked about Pokemon, but that was shut down a while ago due to the creator moving on to other stuff. I've found that generally I do a great job in these moderator role, if the feedback other users and moderators have given me is anything to go by.

I would calmly and patiently explain to the user the answer to their question.

I think my number one job as a mod is to help keep the forums orderly by helping people out and solving problems.

11.Two (or more) users are arguing and attacking each other. What do you do?

If I'm a mod in this hypothetical, I give each one a warning to stop fighting and work things out calmly and maturely, or else I be forced to take action. I'll also take this into account next time one of these users get into such an argument, and if it continues to be a problem I'd have to give them a some sort punishment.
If I was a regular user, I'd report them.

Ayla's Hero or Count Mario.
Kiwi
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

PSN : ChaosKiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:08 pm

Any of the following guys that have mentioned are good picks honestly. I'd apply, but I'm on WAY too infrequently. Plus I ship off in April. However, best of luck to everyone else. It's gonna be a hard choice mods :D
Trey-Caige II
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Trey-Caige

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:58 pm

We'll stop taking applications on Friday so those of you who have yet to apply or want to apply probably should before the due date.

Just letting you guys now, you're all making it pretty tough!
0CTAVE
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Tetiro on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:09 pm

I'm going to re-apply again! Hopefully I'll get through this time *fingers crossed*

I'll be honest. I actually enjoy Battle Royale much more than Smash Bros. It feels more realistic in its gameplay. I mean look at how Brawl had it so you were flung across the room just because you had a high %? It was a flawed system. Whereas Battle Royale made it all about the Supers which I felt was a more efficient.

As a result, I love the game! And I have been a member of these forums for a good couple of months. This is one of the best forums for Battle Royale. And I want to help make it awesome!

Having already been a moderator at Zelda Fan Game Central, I have understand the responsibility required to the role. Now I admit had this opportunity come before university, I wouldn't be experienced for the role. But now I feel able to take up the role. What I'm trying to say is I usually have a good sense of judgement. I am able to listen to both sides of the dispute and make a judgement from both. I am also able to admit when I am wrong. That alone I feel is a great quality.

And finally, I am willing to learn the ropes of how the Pastadium's mods go about their business *thumbs up*

Good old Blighty! (The United Kingdom)

I could do an hour every morning, perhaps an hour at lunchtime and every evening (Unless of course I'm out)
At weekends however I am online all the time. Again unless I'm out :P

I've never had this case. However in the case I did, I would private message the moderator and discuss the reasons why they did the action. Try to understand the reasons behind it. Who knows! Maybe they did it for the right reasons!

Well I run my own small development team as a hobby and passtime. As a result, we already have one game to our name (Leon), and come this year, Legena : The New Dawn, a turn based RPG will be finished! The team size is a group of about 5. In fact, we're developing a GameMaker cross-over fighter, GM Conflict! http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=560317

If you'd like to see our work with Leon and Legena, please send me a PM and I'll fix ya up with it!

I also work in a company where teamwork is vital. I found that the best way to efficient is the most cliche answer. Communication people!

Well I have found an error with the forum. I am using Google Chrome. There's a big black box. See the image below
*Link removed*
I call it..."Why no logo"? :P

As mentioned, I worked as a moderator for Zelda Fan Game Central for a year. In that year, I took on the responsibilities of helping maitain the forums. I found the time quite insightful as to how tough a moderator job can be! Though I enjoyed it so I'm willing to do it again!

Firstly, I would ask them what they would like to know. If the answers are found in the Help pages, I would link them up with that. However if it was not, I would then try to answer the questions myself using what I know. In the final resort that I can't answer the question and the help pages are of no use, I would then contact the Admin to seek the answers from him.

Forum clean up. No doubt about it! When you get a spammer attacking the forum, you have to clean up the forum from all the spammer's posts. It's a tough job and I'm lucky to have only done it once!

Firstly, I'd read the log of the events that happened. Try to understand what is going on. I will then ask for their opinions on the matter. If it is just for the sake of flaming, I'd give them a warning (unless they were warned before then they would be report). However in the event that it was an argument or debate that went extreme, I'd try to calm them down. In the event that I couldn't fix the situation, I would contact the admin to seek instructions on what to do next.

I think the Count should step into the sunlight (Count Mario), he's a pretty stand up guy and it's clear that he has his head screwed on the right way in terms of judgement. Why isn't he a mod already??
King_Tetiro
King_Tetiro
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : KingTetiro

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic171000 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:19 pm

sonic171000
sonic171000
New Challenger
New Challenger

PSN : sonic171000

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:22 pm

Is there a problem sonic171000?
0CTAVE
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by MrEpic on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:54 pm

Maybe I have problems too Slayer. THANKS FOR ASKING... I need a new man..
MrEpic
MrEpic
PACL Champion
PACL Champion

PSN : MrEpic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next