[ 0 ]
Religion Vote_lcap0%Religion Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Religion Vote_lcap10%Religion Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 10

Religion Empty Religion

Post by Kiwi on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:48 pm

Please please please, remember to be civil here.
The religions are listed in alphabetical order to avoid any misunderstandings posting one above another may cause.
Only the broad term for each religious tradition is listed, not the smaller divisions within a religion. Christianity is listed instead of Roman Catholicism, for instance.

If you wish, you can elaborate upon your religious beliefs in this topic. For example, there's both Weak Atheism as Strong
Atheism; you may also tell us your reasons for believing in a specific religion. If you do, notice the following line:

PLEASE DO NOT BE HATEFUL DURING THIS DISCUSSION, AS RELIGION IS A RATHER PERSONAL SUBJECT.
However, keep in mind that other people are allowed to criticize your views.

And now for short descriptions of the listed religions:
Agnosticism - Undecided on the existence of deities
Atheism - Rejects the existence of deities
Buddhism - Adheres to the teachings of Siddharta, which include reïncarnation, Golden Mean, Nirwana, ahimsa
Christianity - Accepts Jesus as saviour of mankind
Deism - Believes in a Supreme Being, but doesn't believe in miracles and viewes the Ratio as an important guideline
Hinduism - Worships a particular Hindu god, or another religious figure to the grace of Brahma
Islam - Believes Muhammed was a great prophet of Allah and views Allah as the only entity with divine traits
Judaism - Someone of the Israeli nation who adheres to the laws of Moses, the prophets and the scriptures
Nature religion - Worships natural forces as some sort of deity
Neopaganism - Worships multiple, relatively new gods, or ancient gods in a new tradition
Other - If it doesn't fit anywhere else
Other monotheism or henotheism - Bahá'i Faith, Zoroastrianism and other religions that only worship one god
Other polytheism - Worship of multiple gods
Sikhism - Follows the teachings of Guru Nanak and the ten Sikh Gurus
Unbound Spiritualism - Beliefs in a deity in a specific form, but does not ascribe to a specific belief system, unlike most other options.

If I've forgotten anything, please let me know.
Kiwi
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

PSN : ChaosKiwi

Back to top Go down

Religion Empty Re: Religion

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:52 pm

Atheist. I hope i'm wrong but i personally don't think i am. how could there be a god. the whole principle behind him is that he was always there. why couldn't that be something like atoms instead. and this was happened millions upon millions of years ago. even at the time of the big bang space was not empty. they universe expands so far. to put it in video game terms we are polaris and the place where our atom fathers came from was the great clock. and that took so long its unthinkable. in theory if we build a good enough telescope we can SEE the big bang happening. speed of light shenanigans..... yes i actually learned shit in Florida. (Kennedy visitors center is awesome) and this was one of them
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwi on Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:35 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:Atheist. I hope i'm wrong but i personally don't think i am. how could there be a god. the whole principle behind him is that he was always there. why couldn't that be something like atoms instead. and this was happened millions upon millions of years ago. even at the time of the big bang space was not empty. they universe expands so far. to put it in video game terms we are polaris and the place where our atom fathers came from was the great clock. and that took so long its unthinkable. in theory if we build a good enough telescope we can SEE the big bang happening. speed of light shenanigans..... yes i actually learned shit in Florida. (Kennedy visitors center is awesome) and this was one of them

Apologies, but I couldn't really follow that. Can you explain it again, please?
Kiwi
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:11 pm

nah. i'm tired. another time if i remember. maybe you can get a translator. all the info is there just in the wrong order. Sorry........i'm bad at debates and stuff.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

Back to top Go down

Post by sdprimetime33 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:38 pm

If there isn't a God then explain to me who or what is creative enough to create everything? There is no physical proof but there has to be something that's higher than man. The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. I think those who are atheist have never fully tried to get to know God (ON A PERSONAL LEVEL). Religion is a touchy subject. I don't necessarily believe in religion because it's societies way of worshiping God. And by that I mean, so many wars are started over religion because people choose not to accept each others' belief. I just say, I have a relationship with God. Although I may not be perfect, I know there's always room for forgiveness and improvement in my faith. I hope you don't die and find out there is A God because it may be too late then. But again, I'm not trying to say I know everything because legitimate arguments can be made for either side.
sdprimetime33
sdprimetime33
Sticker
Sticker

PSN : sdprimetime33

https://www.facebook.com/seth.dennis.3

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwi on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:19 pm

You're... sending some mixed signals there, SDPT33.
Kiwi
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

Back to top Go down

Post by sdprimetime33 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 pm

OKAY... umm i say it's not so much about what religion you are, it's about having a relationship with God. But if I had to categorize myself, it's christian.
sdprimetime33
sdprimetime33
Sticker
Sticker

PSN : sdprimetime33

https://www.facebook.com/seth.dennis.3

Back to top Go down

Post by sdprimetime33 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:27 pm

is that better lol
sdprimetime33
sdprimetime33