For you Americans: Republican or Democrat?

Go down

Which party?

For you Americans: Republican or Democrat? Vote_lcap10%For you Americans: Republican or Democrat? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
For you Americans: Republican or Democrat? Vote_lcap30%For you Americans: Republican or Democrat? Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
For you Americans: Republican or Democrat? Vote_lcap0%For you Americans: Republican or Democrat? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
For you Americans: Republican or Democrat? Vote_lcap60%For you Americans: Republican or Democrat? Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 10

For you Americans: Republican or Democrat? Empty For you Americans: Republican or Democrat?

Post by Kiwi on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:34 am

So, yeah. What's your political party? Why?

Debate!
Kiwi
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

PSN : ChaosKiwi

Back to top Go down

For you Americans: Republican or Democrat? Empty Re: For you Americans: Republican or Democrat?

Post by 0CTAVE on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:42 am

Independent, I don't like labeling myself with one party because it ruins a lot of personal relationships and can cause tension between anyone.

Political views really bring the worse out of people and I rather just keep my views to myself. It's hilarious how during elections everyone becomes a professional in the field of politics and spew out complete bullshit to get "their" point across.

This election(my first election) I voted for 4 more years of President Barack Obama, he just seemed like the better candidate because Romney was very "flip-flopity". He seemed to contradict himself way too much and really didn't make me feel like he would be a good president. I don't want to align myself with one party and would much rather vote for the person I think is the better candidate than blindly follow a party for the sake of representation or hurting the other party.

No, I didn't vote for Obama because he's black and no I'm not an idiot for not voting Romney. Those dumb tag lines that people use to "persuade" or "insult" others for their opinions are nothing but trouble and are said by those idiots/racists. (That applies for both parties.)
0CTAVE
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

https://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

For you Americans: Republican or Democrat? Empty Re: For you Americans: Republican or Democrat?

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:58 am

Wow Us politics suck. Over here we have about 4 parties with a decent chance. Right now we have a coalition between fine Gael and labour. With fine fail as opposition with sine fine. You know what all of em have in common? They all fuck poor to middle class violently up the arse.

Political alliance does exist over here. But most people vote for the best candidate
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:29 am

in new zealand we are dealing with a system where a party with like ~50% of the vote has to fight off a group of 5 parties to continue to run the country :( im not a fan but im also not of voting age so idk
quackerzacher
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

PSN : quackerzacher

Back to top Go down

Post by animeprophet on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:00 pm

I am 22 and I voted for the first time this year. (didn't vote last time beacuse I didn't pay attention to the issues so I felt that I shouldn't vote) I am registered Republican because the guy who signed me up said he would get more money is I sign up Republican. I consider myself an independent who leans more towards the right on most issues. I voted Romney in this election.
animeprophet
animeprophet
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : ANIMEPROPHET

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:58 pm

Speaking as a Canadian, almost everyone I know, and it wasn't even an argument, said Obama was the obvious choice. Romney was and is, a complete basket case. The republican party has a lot of extremists that just ruin its reputation, where as the democrats sort of need to grow a back bone. But if I could have voted, I would give my vote to Obama no matter what.

derp I mean, I feel bad for any decent republicans being stuck with Romney as their presidential candidate. That kind of horrid choice would make me vote for the opposing party.
Chaosdreams
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:25 pm

If I had to be labeled, I'd say Democrat, because most Republican policies are just so completely illogical to me that it's not even funny anymore. However, I sympathize with many a Republican ideal (gun rights, for example), as well.

I've just never understood, and will likely never understand, why Congressional Republicans for the most part feel that a strong middle class isn't the answer to economic issues when it's been proven several times before in the US alone.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:34 pm

don't feel bad. 3 parties over here haven't figured that out. and they are the only 3 we'd let in. instead the banks are VERY safe. still getting lota money. every one else is getting scraps or welfare and getting taxed out their asses.
lpool1996moh
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

Back to top Go down

Post by sdprimetime33 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:45 pm

I'm definitely independent. I don't vote for the biggest idiot. (That's what politics have become in my eyes) For one, I don't trust the government AT ALL. Despite the fact they are trying to take away our guns, they are trying to become as OP as they possibly can. Obama care is the worst thing that happened to man. He is full of shit. Not to mention he is a flaming hypocrite. He quoted words from the bible, yet never does anything for religious freedoms. "Religion" can't even be openly discussed in schools. But yet he can give a speech to the nation and it's okay? I've seen to many conspiracy theorists videos to not trust this twisted government because I truly believe they are trying to become something that this nation wasn't founded on. I'd rather see romney fuck up then another 4 years of Obama's ass fucking the country up.
sdprimetime33
sdprimetime33
Sticker
Sticker

PSN : sdprimetime33

https://www.facebook.com/seth.dennis.3

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:16 pm

Religion can't be discussed in public schools because those are funded by the state. Church and state are according to US law meant to be kept separate. Obama can express his own religious personal beliefs without fault, just as any other politician can, so long as they do not use their religion to enforce any kind of laws (i.e., Christians feel that gay marriage is a sin, but legally that should not matter).

As for Obamacare, most of the problems that people have had with it are actually not what as simple as people make it out to be. For example, people seem to think that Obamacare will increase the deficit, when in reality it does help lower it slightly (compare that to the $230 billion that it would cost to repeal it), or the slander about how it hurts patients and providers when in reality it's at its core doing the opposite. If you actually research Obamacare's policies, and not what ANY news company (on either side) says about it, you can see that it's helpful.

You claim to be independent, but your words seem to suggest otherwise, with all due respect. No president has done anything about what you call religious freedoms - which actually sounds like you mean Christian freedoms, as if they don't have enough - in years. If you want to discuss actual religious freedoms, you can look at Obama's attempts to make religion actually free for non-Christians rather than ignoring them, or even demonizing them as the past decade has done to the Muslim community. If you want to make a claim about how he's allegedly Muslim in your response, feel free; I wouldn't care even if he was, and he's not. Your hyperbole on Obamacare compounds my disbelief about your political beliefs, but the fact that you'd take Romney's unknown and unspoken policies, in addition to his attempts at undoing the small bit Obama's work that wasn't shot down by Congressional bickering - which, no matter how much you want to disagree with it, has worked at the very least in turning around the unemployment problem our nation had going into his presidency, something that wasn't even his fault - is what cements that to me.

I don't agree with Obama's current plan on gun laws, however, so I can at least agree with you on that sentiment. But I will admit that some change does have to be brought forth in how guns are sold and monitored. I already mentioned some of my opinions on that in your thread though, so I'll leave this part of the discussion at that.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by sdprimetime33 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:58 pm

DP27 wrote:Religion can't be discussed in public schools because those are funded by the state. Church and state are according to US law meant to be kept separate. Obama can express his own religious personal beliefs without fault, just as any other politician can, so long as they do not use their religion to enforce any kind of laws (i.e., Christians feel that gay marriage is a sin, but legally that should not matter).

As for Obamacare, most of the problems that people have had with it are actually not what as simple as people make it out to be. For example, people seem to think that Obamacare will increase the deficit, when in reality it does help lower it slightly (compare that to the $230 billion that it would cost to repeal it), or the slander about how it hurts patients and providers when in reality it's at its core doing the opposite. If you actually research Obamacare's policies, and not what ANY news company (on either side) says about it, you can see that it's helpful.

You claim to be independent, but your words seem to suggest otherwise, with all due respect. No president has done anything about what you call religious freedoms - which actually sounds like you mean Christian freedoms, as if they don't have enough - in years. If you want to discuss actual religious freedoms, you can look at Obama's attempts to make religion actually free for non-Christians rather than ignoring them, or even demonizing them as the past decade has done to the Muslim community. If you want to make a claim about how he's allegedly Muslim in your response, feel free; I wouldn't care even if he was, and he's not. Your hyperbole on Obamacare compounds my disbelief about your political beliefs, but the fact that you'd take Romney's unknown and unspoken policies, in addition to his attempts at undoing the small bit Obama's work that wasn't shot down by Congressional bickering - which, no matter how much you want to disagree with it, has worked at the very least in turning around the unemployment problem our nation had going into his presidency, something that wasn't even his fault - is what cements that to me.

I don't agree with Obama's current plan on gun laws, however, so I can at least agree with you on that sentiment. But I will admit that some change does have to be brought forth in how guns are sold and monitored. I already mentioned some of my opinions on that in your thread though, so I'll leave this part of the discussion at that.

Well, I never said anything or hinted anything about Obama being Muslim. So your accusations there are off. I said what I said, and if I don't sound like an independent then oh well. We already went through 4 years of digressing with Obama so I didn't see a need to keep heading down the wrong path. Although it's gonna take way more than his 8 years to turn this deficit and any other issues this nation has around. But to elaborate on my issue with him not pushing for religious freedoms because it violates the freedom of speech amendment. A lot of people get so offended when the topic of God being brought up, but if "christians" say something about homosexuals, all hell breaks loose. The hypocrisy of this nation is flagrant. This nation was partly founded on religion. Now people can lose jobs, friendships, etc for talking about God. I'll end by saying, I don't necessarily care about politics because it just shows how arrogant, greedy, and selfish people are. (AlSO CHILDISH) The government has no control over how hard I will work to accomplish what I need to accomplish and what I choose to believe in, but I can't turn a blind eye to what I view as wrong or dare I say, unconstitutional.
sdprimetime33
sdprimetime33
Sticker
Sticker

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:11 pm

To clarify, the Muslim comment was there to catch any rebuttal you might have involving that, not to imply you had already said anything, because people love to accuse him of being Muslim. As for the deficit, that's something that can't easily be fixed, no matter how we work it. We need a financial and political mastermind (which Obama is not) with a Congress that actually agrees with him/her to accomplish that. Another option is to maintain with one set of policies for a decade or so, rather than have the Republicans and Democrats trying to undo eachother's work constantly. (For example, if a similar Democrat to Obama takes office in 2016 and continues/modifies his main policies.) The final option is if the Republicans ACTUALLY try to fix their party after their 2012 loss. I don't mean fix as in they have problems in terms of their decisions, but rather that they need to revise their image and policies to succeed. The Democrats had to do this just before Clinton took office, and they did, and that led to success. I think a revamped Republican party could accomplish this same thing.

The issue with religion is mostly that this world is one of political correctness nowadays, not just the nation. I do agree that people such as teachers should be able to discuss (NOT teach) religion in public schools, but some teachers to work their way around this barrier by letting their students discuss in class during which they sometimes throw their own opinion in.
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by sdprimetime33 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:15 pm

Whew glad I didn't fall into that trap!! But I'm not one to suggests things because I know thats not my strong point. I haven't educated myself enough on that YET. But I do think nice healthy debates are needed often. But I understand what you're saying and I appreciate your views!
sdprimetime33
sdprimetime33
Sticker
Sticker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum