Where do you stand on abortion?

Go down

Where do you stand on abortion? Empty Where do you stand on abortion?

Post by 0CTAVE on Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:37 am

To spark up the debate section I've decided to start a topic that has a lot of controversy.

This topic is an endless topic, it does not have a right or wrong answers/solution.
May you be pro-choice or pro-life, both parties are welcome here.

State rather you are pro-choice or pro-life and WHY you stay by your choice.

Here a bit more detailed choices:
Pro-choice.
Pro-life.
Pro-choice, mother's final decision gets the saying.
Pro-choice, father's final decision gets the saying.
Pro-life, unless it was rape/incest/will endanger the mother.

I'll post where I stand later..

Last edited by Slayer5228 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
0CTAVE
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

https://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Where do you stand on abortion? Empty Re: Where do you stand on abortion?

Post by dragonfire111 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:40 am

im Pro Choice Mothers final decision
if they dont want the baby and are forced to keep it they will just do a terrible job raising said child
dragonfire111
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowbhiemes on Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:48 am

It should be up to the mother, I don't think any law should take away their right to choose. After all, they're the ones who will have to carry it for nine months.

On the other hand, if you really don't want a child there are families who will happily adopt for you.
Shadowbhiemes
Shadowbhiemes
Mmm Cake
Mmm Cake

PSN : Shadowbhiemes

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:55 am

pro choice for the mother, anytime i hear anything other than this it blows my mind how some people can think this is not the only option
quackerzacher
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

PSN : quackerzacher

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:57 am

Tell me something though, if the mother was whoring around and leading to her to get pregnant, would you still believe in pro choice?
Shouldn't the mother have to take care of what she did or should the mother abort an innocent child so that she can continue screwing around?

(Mind you I've yet to reveal my stance as I'm providing rebuttals for both sides.)

Last edited by Slayer5228 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
0CTAVE
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowbhiemes on Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:00 am

quackerzacher wrote:pro choice for the mother, anytime i hear anything other than this it blows my mind how some people can think this is not the only option

Well, it's usually because the reasoning is religious and when it comes to religious people (And this is not a slam to them, or meant to offend anybody) they'd rather believe that abortion is murder outright than logic. And we know abortion isn't murder, considering that a woman has it early before it develops enough.

Tell me something though, if the mother was whoring around and leading to her to get pregnant, would you still believe in pro choice?
Shouldn't the mother have to take care of what she did or should the mother abort an innocent child so that she can continue screwing around?

Yes, she should still have a choice. Who is anyone else to say what she should do with the child in her body? Even if she is a whore, she's a person and a human being.
Shadowbhiemes
Shadowbhiemes
Mmm Cake
Mmm Cake

PSN : Shadowbhiemes

Back to top Go down

Post by Jechtsphere on Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:02 am

Pro-life mostly. I'm fine if the decision to get one within days/weeks of getting pregnant but late term abortions just give me a bad feeling in my stomach. I also don't like how each side treats each other for those views. Some think people who get abortions are monsters and some in favor of abortions rub abortion stuff in the faces of pro lifers or act like being in favor of life is a bad thing.

I think every soul deserves a chance at life, if someone gets one I don't feel any ill will toward them. There are plenty who would adopt as well, newborns are the most wanted for adopting parents.

Also I don't think either way should be up to the government.
Jechtsphere
Jechtsphere
Staff
Staff

PSN : Jechtsphere

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:14 am

So...Jecht..Let me toss this at you, what if it would endanger the mother's life?
Would you suggest her to get an abortion then?
Or would you allow the process take the mother's life to save the child's life?
0CTAVE
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jechtsphere on Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:17 am

I believe it's her decision but if it's my wife I'd want her to get an abortion but there are mothers who would choose the child's life over theirs and if she choose that I wouldn't force her to get one.
Jechtsphere
Jechtsphere
Staff
Staff

PSN : Jechtsphere

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:18 am

Shadowbhiemes wrote:
quackerzacher wrote:pro choice for the mother, anytime i hear anything other than this it blows my mind how some people can think this is not the only option

Well, it's usually because the reasoning is religious and when it comes to religious people (And this is not a slam to them, or meant to offend anybody) they'd rather believe that abortion is murder outright than logic. And we know abortion isn't murder, considering that a woman has it early before it develops enough.
I guess it where you draw the line because if a sperm died people would not call it murder. I dont really want to post in this topic any more you have to be so careful of what you say its scary
quackerzacher
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:23 am

Jechtsphere wrote:I believe it's her decision but if it's my wife I'd want her to get an abortion but there are mothers who would choose the child's life over theirs and if she choose that I wouldn't force her to get one.
So your stance varies on the situation then?

Do the Pro-choice users feel the same way?

quackerzacher wrote:
Shadowbhiemes wrote:

I guess it where you draw the line because if a sperm died people would not call it murder. I dont really want to post in this topic any more you have to be so careful of what you say its scary

Yeah the debate section will get intense and I thought it would make for an interesting part on the board haha
That's good though and won't be a problem as I'll make sure this section stays under control.
Once a user doesn't know how to debate properly, without question said user will be removed from the group and no longer will that user be able to post(maybe view) the section.
0CTAVE
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:30 am

Slayer5228 wrote:
Jechtsphere wrote:I believe it's her decision but if it's my wife I'd want her to get an abortion but there are mothers who would choose the child's life over theirs and if she choose that I wouldn't force her to get one.
So your stance varies on the situation then?

Do the Pro-choice users feel the same way?

quackerzacher wrote:
Shadowbhiemes wrote:

Yeah the debate section will get intense and I thought it would make for an interesting part on the board haha
That's good though and won't be a problem as I'll make sure this section stays under control.
Once a user doesn't know how to debate properly, without question said user will be removed from the group and no longer will that user be able to post(maybe view) the section.
yes my stance does begin to change the longer time they wait for an abortion and thats good that people can be banned from this section nice work slayer
quackerzacher
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:32 am

I stand by pro-choice and always have. I'm not held down by any religious means and simply follow my morals. So it's easier for me to come to a decision and thus I've always stood on the side of the couple, or in many cases just the female being able to have an abortion if they feel like they need to. Now I'm not saying some people don't abuse it, but for many it's an option that they find easier to handle then giving the baby up for adoption, or raising the child that they don't want to have.

A child should be brought up into a family that loves him/her and is able to give him/her a good life. If a person isn't ready to raise a child then the child itself isn't going to have a life as good as they should. Moreover, when going into the entire science aspect. The phases of which the fetus is growing and at which point it becomes "alive" results towards the persons perspective of when they think it's to late or when they think "I just can't do it, it's alive." Since there's a difference between taking a life, and taking what "could be a life.". You also have a limited time frame of opportunity to have the abortion before it becomes riskier and fewer places do it.

So pro-choice all the way even if it's abused. Since I think nobody has the right to dictate the decision besides the people undergoing the situation. And since the technology and skill exists for abortions to take place there shouldn't be anything stopping them from going through with it if they want to.
Chaosdreams
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

Back to top Go down

Post by animeprophet on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:04 pm

Whats this, I ask to join the debate section then everyone else decides to join as well. If I decided to jump off a bridge into a lake made of chocolate pudding would everyone do that to?

Anyway, I am Pro-lifish. I believe that abortions are wrong but, and this is where the -ish come into play, I also believe that I have no right to tell someone that they can't have an abortion. The only way I would consider abortion is if there was a high risk of death to my wife/girlfriend. The babies can always be put up for adoption, there are plenty of people who can't have children who would love to have the baby. I hate when people say it should be up to the woman to decide becuase it's her body, I feel that if the man is in the picture then he should have a say as well. This could be the mans only chance to have a baby becuase he has been told that he either can't have children or he has a very high chance of never having kids. I know this would be a very rare occassion but it can and probably has already happened. Also, what if the man is willy to raise the child without the woman? If there is no risk towards the woman and he is willing to care for the baby then I think she should be more than willing to have the baby (not saying she has to). Back to "Her body", the baby inside of her isn't her body. Why do you get to decide no deny this life a future it deserves just as much as you. If you aren't reaady/responsible enough to have a baby then don't screw around, go off and pleasure yourself becuase anything short of a vasectomy or getting your tubes tied there is always a risk of pregnancy.

*note that these do not reflect my religious views, they reflect my upbringing*

P.S.
I was thinking about starting this thread last night while I was at work. I also thought about starting a capital punishment thread.
animeprophet
animeprophet
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : ANIMEPROPHET

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:08 pm

animeprophet wrote:
I was thinking about starting this thread last night while I was at work. I also thought about starting a capital punishment thread.
Go for it man, debators can make there own debate topics in this section!
0CTAVE
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:45 pm

Honestly, this wouldn't be nearly as much an issue if women had an equal amount of spots in the senate (same goes for the government-provided contraception issue). The real issue with the abortion discussion is the back-and-forth between both sides. If the Pro-Choice side was more mature about the situation, maybe they'd make a better impression on those without strong opinions, but instead, as someone already said, they bicker over the topic without actually bringing good points. Not to mention the fact that neither side will listen to the other's opinion anyway (at least the members of each side that matter; the ones that have an actual say in things always seem to have clouded judgement).
DP
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down