Sequels That Need To Happen (My Top 20)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sequels That Need To Happen (My Top 20)

Post by Trey-Caige II on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:41 am

These are games I'd love to see get sequels. Or a remake. Or something damnit lol. These are just my personal choices. Also, I left off certain games due to the hype they will (hopefully) receive from PSAS (MediEvil III *crosses fingers*)
What are yours?

Edit: Since I came to 20, this is now a top 20 lol. In no particular order,

1. Gex - I loved this game as a kid. Why hasn't Eidos brought him back!? sad

2. Oddworld - I want a true Oddworld sequel. I'm glad they are bringing Stranger's Wrath and Munch's Oddysee to the Vita though. Whenever they decide to finally release it, I'll be supporting :)

3. Clayfighter - ...I've come to the conclusion I'm the only person on the planet who liked this lol. I remember reading rumors of a Nintendo DS remake that sadly got cancelled. I'd love to see a Next-Gen version of this game. With every character from every game and then some :D

4. Earthworm Jim - Speaking of Clayfighter, they need to hurry up and make an Earthworm Jim sequel too. I remember a remake being in development but that never materialized worry

5. Def Jam - Icon sucked. The move from wrestling to a more Fight Night style of fighting wasn't a smart move. Plus, I LOVED the story to Fight For NY. They should definitely expand upon that.

6. Psi-Ops. - This was one of the neatest games to come out in a long time. I had so much fun just throwing shit around lol. A next gen sequel would be welcomed.

7. Destroy All Humans! - One was amazing. Two was decent. I haven't even tried the 360 one (I heard it was awful) Another game I'd love to see get a sequel treatment. But only if it's treated well. We don't need another cash in. After hearing of THQ's financial problems though, I worry now worry

8. Folklore - It's been established that Heavenly Sword and this game both needs sequels. For me, this more so. Since Nariko is getting attention with PSAS, that helps HS fans. As for Folklore there is so much untapped potential! The world was unique, and I thoroughly enjoyed the story :)

9. Voodoo Vince - Does anybody else remember this? Back when Xbox actually tried having unique IPs that weren't Halo or Fable, Voodoo Vince was an excellent little platformer that was sorely looked over. I'd love to see it brought back in some form. Last time I checked, Microsoft doesn't care unless it's Halo or Gears and the original developer went on to make iOS games :/

10. Legacy Of Kain - I went back and played this recently after I got a PS1 emulator and I must say, I missed out as a kid. This game was great, even for a decade old game :D a next gen sequel is needed! I heard they are considering a new game in the series soon. I hope so, and I hope Raziel is the star again.

11. Banjo-Kazooie - ...Nuts & Bolts didn't count Rare. The whole time I played that game I kept thinking "...why can't I just walk? WHY!? Screw Legos!" lol. Nuts & Bolts wasn't bad per say, but putting it under the BK name wasn't a good idea.

12. Kameo - Speaking of Rare games, this one too. Microsoft, quit forcing them to make Kinect games! I want to be a fairy that transforms into crazy ass creatures again!

13. Killer Instinct / Conker - Ok last Rare games. I swear. Killer Instinct was great and Conker was one of the best platformers ever. And hilarious too. Games that are funny are hard to find. The remake wasn't bad, but it was way too soon for a remake. It deserved a sequel then, and especially does now.

14. Psychonauts / Brutal Legend - I'm not sure how they would do a sequel to either game, but I hope they find a way to :)

15. Tomba! - I had actually forgot about this game until I saw character lists for All-Stars. I'd love to see Tomba come back for another round.

16. Dr. Muto - This game was so weird. I loved it. There was nothing like it at the time, and there still isn't. Unfortunetly, I think this is another case similar to Voodoo Vince :/

17. Cel Damage - Another forgotten game, I played this game to death. I realize it was basically a cartoony version of Twisted Metal, but I liked it! :D

18. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (or Underground) - I miss the more arcadey skateboard games. I thought Skate was way too complicated. I don't know If I'd call it a bad game (My friends loved it) but it definitely wasn't for me.

19. Metal Arms: Glitch In The System - Another really unique game that never picked up steam, a sequel would be awesome. I remember spending hours whooping my brother's ass in multiplayer. Online would so rule for this.

20. Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 - ...please don't burn me! I understand this game blew (It was pretty bad.) but I really like the realistic turn it took and enjoyed the story quite a bit. I'd love to see this story and soundtrack in a game that plays like Sonic Generations. However, due to the awful backlash this game got (gameplay wise, rightfully so) I doubt they'll ever take Sonic in a serious story driven direction ever again.

*Honorable Mention: Blinx - It did get a sequel... but it went the WRONG way. I think I figured out where Activision got the idea of making a sequel in a game series and knocking the star to just a support character. -_-
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Trey-Caige

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sequels That Need To Happen (My Top 20)

Post by Count Mario on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:50 am

Honestly, I despised both 2006' story and gameplay. And not just because Elise kissed Sonic either. If anything, make a future Sonic game's story as intense as Adventure 2, or at least Unleashed. But I totally agree about Banjo-Kazooie!

Anyways, I'm going to say the obvious one so that it could be over with.

Also, a new Star Fox and F-Zero from Nintendo. And even though this is recent, a sequel to Kid Icarus: Uprising after Sakurai (like a douche) claimed that never wanted to make a sequel to that game and even joked (Or did he?) about a sequel after the next 25 years.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by animeprophet on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:06 am

A Heavenly Sword sequel would be awesome yet at the same time if it never happens I wouldn't be to upset. I thought the game had a great ending. There is however a animated movie being made (This imformation comes from IMDB so take it with a grain of salt) with a screenplay being written by Todd Farmer and is being directed by Gun Ho Jang.

As for Folklore "The now defunct Game Republic was planning a PSP or download only Move compatible Folklore sequel and had pitched the idea to Sony. The idea was well received by Sony but due to poor sales of the original Folklore weren’t keen to green light the project which failed to pass the internal review board at Sony by a few points." (From wiki) I have never beaten Folklore but I am in the process of re-playing the game so that shall be remedied shortly.
animeprophet
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : ANIMEPROPHET

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:43 am

Jak 4 would be bad and you know it why do you think naughty dog didnt want to make it
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

PSN : quackerzacher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Razer_Shpex on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:14 am

Count Mario wrote:Honestly, I despised both 2006' story and gameplay. And not just because Elise kissed Sonic either. If anything, make a future Sonic game's story as intense as Adventure 2, or at least Unleashed. But I totally agree about Banjo-Kazooie!

Anyways, I'm going to say the obvious one so that it could be over with.

Also, a new Star Fox and F-Zero from Nintendo. And even though this is recent, a sequel to Kid Icarus: Uprising after Sakurai (like a douche) claimed that never wanted to make a sequel to that game and even joked (Or did he?) about a sequel after the next 25 years.
It's pretty obvious there is no chance of Jak 4 until they're done with Uncharted on the PS4. If I'm not mistaken didn't they say they were done with Jak and Daxter? I could be wrong but anyway I don't expect that until 2015 or later if they do make it. Also, he forgot MedEvil.

EDIT: Oh yeah, there's a new Tony Hawk game in the works due to the success of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD.
Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Nocturnal__Gamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:02 am

Actually, one of the beginning concepts of The Last of Us was Jak 4 because everybody was asking for it. However, they didn't have a "cartoony" engine for the PS3 so they used the realistic uncharted engine at first. This caused some changes like the characters looking more like actual humans, Daxter being reduced to a non-talking rodent, etc. until Naughty Dog decided to pull the plug on that because they thought it'd be a bad decision. They said that the idea is still open for the air for the Uncharted 3 team to develop it though. I know it'll take a few more years to wait for, but I personally don't mind.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:46 pm

I would LOVE if they made sequels for cel damage, metal arms, earthworm jim! These long forgotten games need a comeback! :P Cel damage really was just a cartoony twisted metal but it was still soooo much fun. And Glitch, the character from metal arms (Im pretty sure thats his name) would make an amazing character for all stars. I know most people won't agree because priority goes to other popular characters first but it needs to happen :D
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:03 pm

Legend of Dragoon
and i agree with alot of Count and Treys choices especially banjo kazooie and star fox
and i heard nintendo was trying to buy back some of rares IPs i hope its true and not just a rumor
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:08 pm

I know 2 is only out but I want darksiders 3
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:16 pm

Oh dear lord Dragon I hope that story is true. Nintendo needs to save Rare's IPs from themselves lol. And I left off MediEvil 3 and Jak 4 because I hope PSAS will be the hype machine that drives them into getting sequels. A Jak 4 sequel would be great, I'm just not sure how they'd pull it off o.O

So Folklore was in development of getting a sequel but canned due to low sales? That sucks. >.< I'd love to see a Folklore Vita :D

Oh and I also decided to leave off games like Star Fox and F-Zero because I'm pretty sure eventually Nintendo will make sequels. This list was just me thinking of games that no one ever talks about, along with some that have uncertain futures. Since Star Fox and F-Zero belong to Nintendo, I know they'll get sequels, whether they be now or somewhere down the road :)

And lastly, lpool, was Darksiders 2 good? I eventually want to get a Wii-U (hopefully by the time Pikmin 3 is out), which is why I'm holding off.
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iglian345 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:21 pm

Here's my top 15 since I can't come up with 20:

1. Banjo Kazooie
2. Conker
3. Mega Man
4. TimeSplitters
5. LittleBigPlanet
6. Jak and Daxter
7. PaRappa the Rapper
8. MediEvil
9. Glover
10. Super Mario Galaxy
11. 3D Dot Game Heroes
12. Psychonauts
13. Half-Life
14. Star Wars: Battlefront
15. Super Meat Boy
iglian345
Tingle
Tingle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:10 pm

iglian345 wrote:Here's my top 15 since I can't come up with 20:

1. Banjo Kazooie
2. Conker
3. Mega Man
4. TimeSplitters
5. LittleBigPlanet
6. Jak and Daxter
7. PaRappa the Rapper
8. MediEvil
9. Glover
10. Super Mario Galaxy
11. 3D Dot Game Heroes
12. Psychonauts
13. Half-Life
14. Star Wars: Battlefront
15. Super Meat Boy

Oh yeah, I forgot about TimeSplitters, SW Battlefront, Mega Man & Glover! Definitely agree on those. Always wanted to get 3D Dot Game Heroes and Super Meat Boy as well.
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:44 pm

If I recall, another Super Meat Boy is currently in the works, but it's not Team Meat's first priority. At the same time they are making Mew-Genics... Look it up and you'll find what it is.

One game that I want a sequel for is Eternal Darkness:

A sequel for that on the WiiU would be great IMO.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:57 pm

Trey-Caige II wrote:Oh dear lord Dragon I hope that story is true. Nintendo needs to save Rare's IPs from themselves lol. And I left off MediEvil 3 and Jak 4 because I hope PSAS will be the hype machine that drives them into getting sequels. A Jak 4 sequel would be great, I'm just not sure how they'd pull it off o.O

So Folklore was in development of getting a sequel but canned due to low sales? That sucks. >.< I'd love to see a Folklore Vita :D

Oh and I also decided to leave off games like Star Fox and F-Zero because I'm pretty sure eventually Nintendo will make sequels. This list was just me thinking of games that no one ever talks about, along with some that have uncertain futures. Since Star Fox and F-Zero belong to Nintendo, I know they'll get sequels, whether they be now or somewhere down the road :)

And lastly, lpool, was Darksiders 2 good? I eventually want to get a Wii-U (hopefully by the time Pikmin 3 is out), which is why I'm holding off.
Tell that to the Earthbound/Mother fans... :(

Anyways, there's a lot of rumors that Retro Studios, who made the Metroid Prime Trilogy and Donkey Kong Country Returns are making a new Star Fox for Wii U.

And there's lots of possibilities for Jak 4 actually. The foreshadowed return of Gol and Maia, taking on the FULL army of the Dark Makers, finding out where Jak went when he traveled with the Precursors, and most importantly, what time travel thing happens that makes Jak become the Mar and create Haven City? Not to mention Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green Eco forms and maybe even space/interstellar travel. Really, there's still a lot of potential for this franchise and I'd hate to see it only strapped down to the Precursor Legacy arc. Heck, the Precursors even did say that Jak and Daxter had a lot of trials ahead of them. All those who are saying a Jak 4 would be a bad idea, I honestly do not see one point of your potential argument I could agree with. Naughty Dog just needs to focus ALL (Not make this some side game while making The Last of Us sequels) of their resources into it, or maybe take the Thieves in Time route and have another trustworthy company develop the game like how Sucker Punch gave Sly 4 to Sanzaru Games, which so far is look spectacular actually. The company I'd nominate for that position would be Ready at Dawn, the developers of Daxter for PSP, which is an underrated and great game in the series. :D

But here's to hoping that Jak and Daxter, along with MediEvil can get their feet back into gaming again after this game. I could actually see it working the exact same way it did for Marth and his series, Fire Emblem, in Super Smash Bros. Melee and Pit (Kid Icarus) in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I also hope Nintendo buying Rare's IPs comes true, but to be honest, rumors like this always run wild with Nintendo, so I'll take it with a grain of salt. :|

Last edited by Count Mario on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:09 pm

You make a lot of excellent points on Jak especially the time between Jak 1 and 2. If Naughty Dog decides they don't want to focus on Jak 4 completely, Ready At Dawn would be perfect. I loved Daxter. Played it 100% if I recall. And you have a point with Earthbound lol. Nintendo has to know fan demand is there. I wonder what keeps them from bringing it back? Would've loved to see Earthbound 64 become a reality. And not Mother 3, I mean a true 3D Earthbound. You know, the 3DS would be perfect, if they decide to ever do it.

I hope the Retro Studios rumor is true as well. I loved the MP Trilogy, and DK Country was pretty good. I think they could make a good Star Fox game (which just seems tailor made for the Wii-U).
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:16 pm

3DS Earthbound...

And I agree that Star Fox is perfect for the Wii U and Retro has confirmed for months that they're working on something "that everybody wants them to do". Not to mention something to do with barrels, I think. Barrel Rolls, anybody? XD And Miyamoto also actually said that F-Zero would be perfect for the Wii U and asked the fans what new things they'd want to see in an installment for the Wii U. THERE IS STILL HOPE. <3
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:41 pm

That pic awesome and Star Fox Wii-U for the win! However, barrels could mean Donkey Kong again. I'd rather see a new Star Fox though. So much potential :D
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:47 pm

Ah, but they could make us think that it's Donkey Kong again, AKA, a red herring. besides, barrel rolls are one of the biggest memes on the internet and a famous video game quote, so its not like one of those references where people might not get it. I doubt they'd stick to the same franchise again, although either way, I'd still love a DKCR sequel.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:00 pm

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/crytek-uk-create-a-timesplitters-hd-collection

I feel this post belongs best in this thread. For everyone who likes timesplitters and wishes for a sequel or at the very east.. an HD remake. SIGN THIS! Its one of the few fps games that I feel isn't ruined by going all cod-tastic. Its a fun crazy unique game. One of the better games I owned on my gamecube (its for ps2 and xbox as well)
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frinker on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:37 am

Yo guys havent posted in like 2 months! Mine are
1: Jak and Daxter
2: Beyond good and Evil
3: kingdom hearts (not spin off)
3: Psychonauts
4: Parappa the rapper
5: MediEvil
6: Ape Escape (no move poo)
7: Heavenly Sword
8: Sphinx and the cursed Mummy
9: Chrono Trigger
10: Rayman sequel (3D one of course)
Frinker
Death To All
Death To All

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top