Grand Theft Auto V

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Post by DP on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:41 pm

Watch_Dogs feels lifeless to me. The world feels lived in, yes, but the game just doesn't feel like it has a soul. And as a Ubisoft game, I can safely say it's gonna get rushed out to shelves and have too many problems to be truly challenging to GTA. It's the same sort of argument as "Saints Row (1) looks like it'll beat out GTA" but it never did.

And the TLoU world argument still also fits a lot of tacked-on multiplayer components. Brotherhood still died two months after launch. BioShock 2 still died a month after launch. Uncharted to this day is reviled by many for its multiplayer. I guarantee that by the time October rolls around, TLoU's multiplayer will be a forgotten speck in the gaming world. Perhaps DLC will push it a little bit farther, but even then I doubt it unless they really add a lot of modes to keep it interesting.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:48 pm

Its lacking in modes not content if that makes sense..cause the clan thing. 

On watch dogs I disagree. It doesn't have charm but it definitely has heart. It makes its own identity. And lets be honest other than ac3 Ubisofts games have decent polish especially since most of em are annual. And any issues watch dogs has I'm sure gta 5 has worse. Those graphics on a map that big...it can't happen on tech that old. Maybe cell but its being worked on on Xbox then Ported. so the ps3 version will suck (sp will watch dogs ps3 but still). I just don't see it live up to the hype as a well made game. It will be the years most fun game though no doubt.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:55 pm

"Old technology gets better with age" has been a little mantra of mine. Developers are only JUST NOW learning how to maximize the potential of the current hardware, and we're already hitting the next gen. Rockstar made GTA IV halfway through this cycle, and that game was fairly polished, especially compared to the other GotY, Fallout 3. Given, it was delayed twice, but GTA V was delayed once for a good six months specifically to polish everything. With a 400+-man development team (likely more around 700-800), it's safe to say that the game's glitchiness will be mostly an issue with occasional slowdown, something all open-world games have.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:59 pm

Its not the tech its the differences between the Xbox and ps3. For something this big it hurts. Also the next gen is pc architecture. So they know how to use it. Maybe gta shoulda done an ffxv deny its existence until ported too next gen and rename it gta v-2
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:06 pm

Again, GTA IV seemed like it'd have the same problems, and it didn't. It's not Bethesda, where they tell PS3 gamers to fuck off. And ironically, next-gen being a PC architecture is WORSE for Rockstar since they take months to port their games to PC anyway lol.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:12 pm

Yeah nd too. a lot of companies actually. Irrational must love it however.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:13 pm

So, apparently Hideo Kojima is depressed that GTAV looks so good and that MGSV won't look as good. What? lol
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedAgent on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:59 pm

I'm kind of wondering which character seems to be the most interesting one between Michael, Franklin, and Trevor.
TwistedAgent
New Challenger
New Challenger

PSN : TwistedAgent77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:13 pm

I think Trevor is going to be the most interesting, character-wise, because he's fucking crazy. He could win a GotY award on his own.

A little Trevor anecdote: During a playthrough of the game in front of Game Informer (or some other gaming company), the Rockstar test player switched to Trevor, who was nude on the beach with a needle in his arm surrounded by thirty dead bikers. They don't explain this at all, they just move on with Trevor saying "last man standing again."
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:04 am

hyped for the game but major missed opportunity having 3 playable protagonists and all of them are male
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:31 am

Some people have pointed that out. I personally can't help but think a female GTA protagonist could be worse for the whole gaming equality movement. I mean, a female protagonist in a GTA game would likely be something like Catalina, and would give female protagonists a bad name as a whole. Maybe they could pull the character off right, but I can't see a bank robber female protagonist being either very masculine in character or being the generic Angelina Jolie sex appeal character.

That's not to say it wouldn't be interesting to watch.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:34 am

Being like the only gamer who actually finds the gta (even saints row) games semi boring... I still must admit, it looks pretty damn polished and enormous compared to most games these days. I love the last of us but even with any of the future dlc for it to possibly give the multiplayer a big upgrade, I doubt it will win against GTA V. The walking dead did win last year though due to its shear greatness in story telling so thats the ONLY way I can see tlou even standing a chance against GTA 5. Doubt it though, bioshock had a pretty good story as well but I don't see it coming close.
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:44 am

The one thing is that the modern GTA stories do hold up pretty well. IV's was impactful to many even with annoying characters and such. I think this is the year of pure quality: The full package is what matters in this decision. I think TLoU and BioShock will probably have better stories than GTA V, but as you said, after seeing it in full action, it's leaning GTA's way.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:56 pm

On the note of a female protagonist, it's not impossible to have one it simply takes good writers who can flesh said character out. Now, naturally it would have to be in the essence of GTA but even so it's not like every main character is a vile piece of shit, they have some good parts lol

I've been excited since the gameplay trailer. I had merely been looking forward to the game on name alone but now it has my attention. I'm not sure if I'll enjoy switching between 3 main characters but we shall see how that mechanic plays out.
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:01 pm

I've not played one of these games since Vice City... they all kinda feel and play the same to me. I mean, nobody I know of spends time on the missions. They just kill a few hookers, shoot down a few helies at 3 stars, then bring it up to five, and see how long they last. It just feels... monotonous to me :O
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:21 pm

^ I own Vice City, San Andreas, and GTA IV with its DLCs, and Triple Three pretty much summed all I do in GTA games lol. Not that I agree with his point, I only play GTA when I'm bored and with my friends.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:05 pm

Count Mario wrote:^ I own Vice City, San Andreas, and GTA IV with its DLCs, and Triple Three pretty much summed all I do in GTA games lol. Not that I agree with his point, I only play GTA when I'm bored and with my friends.

Yeah! xP
I know a lot of people who just do this! I feel like doing what I've described 'is' the game, while missions are more of an 'extra', per-se. Haha!

But yeah! I'm sure this new one brings some new things to the table :)
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:40 pm

I tend to play the missions and storyline since it's actually not that bad, besides, generally when you do that more things become unlockable. Going all crazy is fun in these games however I can't dock it's worth because of that.
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jechtsphere on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:16 pm

I play the missions, running around doing random stuff is boring after 10 minutes.
Jechtsphere
Staff
Staff

PSN : Jechtsphere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Esper on Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:53 am

am I the only one pumped to see what the radio stations will be like? I know they've already confirmed that one will be DJed by Flying Lotus which is hugely exciting for me (go listen to FlyLo if you haven't and you'll understand)
Esper
New Challenger
New Challenger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:10 am

I actually hadn't thought about the radio stations in quite a while, even though I love them in each game. Well, they were a bit underwhelming in IV, but I'm sure that's getting fixed this time around. The talk radio is always priceless, and I can't wait to spend what will probably be hours listening to it in this game too.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:03 pm

I have mentioned numerous times in various posts that I am not a fan of the GTA series. I just dislike the "gangsta" aspect of the whole game and it being disturbingly close to real life in the shoes of a villain. This trailer though.. my god wtf makes the game look F**KING amazing. I literally might get the game merely for the multiplayer portion. It seems to be unlike any game I have ever seen and/or played... 

god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:15 pm

I also wanna say I want this game now purely cause of this
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:41 pm

i kinda lost intrest in GTA after 4 because of the loss of the wackiness
however i am thinking about getting gta5 once it comes to the PC
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:55 pm

Remember what I was saying about GotY? Yeeeeeah, now I'm sure of it. If shitty ol' GTA IV is still more popular than most games, this isn't going away for a looong time. And for TLoU to have won GotY it needed multiplayer longevity (I've heard nothing about the multiplayer for weeks now, so it probably didn't even have that) and a hope that GTA V's multiplayer component wouldn't shitslam most games on the market. Well now that V has essentially Forge, there goes that.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top