Post by BigBox on Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:09 am

BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Post by DP on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:12 am

I have a launch model that loves me because I treat it well. Many PS3 slims are failing too with GTA, especially downloadable copies.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:08 pm

My PS3Slim seems to be working fine.
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

PSN : fabsta1994

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:47 pm

I forget which models specifically but it's one of the three slim lines lol
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:04 am

Those microtransactions are gonna ruin GTAO. It makes the game pay to win. You can be just as successful as somebody who's been playing well for a month or so but is only a grunt in their gang thus makes little cash with one purchase. It's not the fact that it's microtransactions, it's the fact that it really does compromise the in game currency. Although the fact that Rockstar are doing this really undermines them in my eyes. Microtransactions are a shady practice, this is just as shady as the rest. I disappoint. 

Also unsurprising it's breaking consoles. Ah well.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:49 am

Not at all, dude. It would break the economy if the economy mattered. But it doesn't. What, you can legally own an Infernus sooner and buy a slightly better house earlier, at the cost of 1/3 a CoD map pack. That's not only not worth the money, it's also not impacting. A million is nothing in V. With constantly available old heists and constantly-popping up newer heists, money isn't a problem. Maybe it would almost be pay to win early on, but even then you can't progress if you don't do the early missions. So you'll have 1/20th on your first mansion, and some flashier clothes, but you're still just as bad.

It's Rockstar. Them doing micros (two of them, plus some preorder stuff probs in a few months), and it's still a maybe right now, isn't concerning with the context of how Online works. They did it with Max Payne, which was one of 2012's best multiplayer; they did it with RDR a bit, and it still unanimously won GotY. This, like V, is a total expansion of mechanics introduced in previous R*games. Especially since we're getting a game Houser has wanted to make for 12 years - a never-ending GTA. If that costs some idiots' money, oh well; they're not gaining much on a player that knows his shit.

Also, anything that makes me not have to pay $30 for new cities is a plus for me.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:33 pm

Wtf?!?!
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:30 pm

Yeah, I heard about that. He now has two copies (one CE), a free bus pass for a year, and a few other things that make me feel like humanity still exists.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:09 pm

I'm glad it ended well for him.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:23 pm

I am too.

In unrelated news, Jetpack is all but confirmed. How, exactly, it is accessed, is entirely unknown.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:09 pm

The UFO?
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:07 am

Well, there are actually three UFOs, and while there is a connection somewhere, nobody has crunched it out yet. Allegedly it has to do with a tunnel inside Mt. Chiliad as well (I think people found this tunnel and confirmed it's a dead end), and perhaps a LOT of the hidden Blueprint Map blacklight stuff. But it's in there somewhere.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:01 pm

Can't find any of those spacecraft parts Omega tasked me to find. Either I'm not looking hard enough or I'm blind.
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:20 pm

They're well hidden. One is on a hospital roof that I found by accident
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:41 pm

These are probably the most difficult collectibles to find in a Grand Theft Auto game.
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:08 pm

If only due to map size lol
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:16 pm

Also, been trying to get my hands on a face bandanna. Is that only strictly a mission item or an unlockable? Even the thrift store doesn't have them surprisingly.
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:37 pm

I'm not a massive fan of the way the clothing stores are set up because there's a lot of shit you can miss. I think it'll be in his wardrobe if anywhere; otherwise I'd say to check Reddit for questions about that because they're good about that.

Edit:They announced how much the money in Online costs and how it works. It's like $10-15 per 1.25 million bucks in game, and you can only use that on stuff in your level set. No pay to win possible, so don't worry lpool.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:08 pm

i can't find that pricing news in rockstars official press release. i did find an error in your statement. YOU CAN use money you buy for cars guns ect. you don't HAVE too but you can. so yes it is pay to win. 

that said they adjusted the cash flow so it moves faster. plus its only 16 players which is more than likely private eliminating the issue. however if it is public (as in random 16 players made up from parties in X area) than it is gonna get annoying hella fast. 

heres the press release there is no pricing info. just the announcement there is Pay to win  A currency purchase system. along with other shit we pretty much knew from the trailer. 

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51422/some-more-details-on-grand-theft-auto-online.html
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:32 pm

You can. In your level set. That was specified in GameInformer as well. The pricing was in an interview and not guaranteed but with a week left it was likely stuck there.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:57 pm

your commenting on a rumour dp. you must be.  here is the Conformation article on GameInformer. the Quotes are ripped from Rockstars post nothing new. 

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/09/25/rockstar-reveals-discusses-grand-theft-auto-online-reveals-microtransactions.aspx

on that note something i missed is reputation. that could balance it out but i've seen systems like this fail before. i dunno with the amount of hiccups in the main game,  (Garages eating Cars, killing consoles, first hand i've experienced an unreasonable amount of freezing and on a smaller humorous note i saw a cat run past me into a wall and up a drain pipe.......whilst still running horizontally......and then it disappeared. and Havoks at high speed.......i can go on, i may have been unlucky but this shit is there!) i imagine that the online is going to be REALLY buggy something rockstar acknowledged.....pro tip if it won't work properly at launch DON'T RELEASE IT! even delaying the Online as they did (WHich i know their logic but they shouldn't have) is just a horrible idea. The game is great but it came out 6 months and 1 gen too early. plus it needs more than collectables too flesh out the world. it feels empty not cause theres a lack of things to do but because the world is sooo big it feels like theres nothing to do.  i could go on with my complaints but thats rambling and must make it seem like i hate the game. I don't. i guarantee i'll have the same issues with X/Y, just like i did with all stars and soo much else. just cause i like it doesn't mean i don't notice glaring flaws. 
The way i feel about GTAV is its more a 9.5 than a 10. not cause it isn't perfect, Perfection =/= 10, but cause its riddled with problems. but no i've strayed from the point of my posted which i do too often. 

Point is....actually theres alot of points in there 

Tl;Dr
1 Online won't work (According to Rockstar) and is just going to let everyone down , Gametrailers was rumours apparently, Clearly Pay 2 win
2 IMO GTAV is not a 10 but more a 9.5 for various reasons not all of which i stated. it speaks of the quality of everything else when i can pick out so many flaws i need a calculator to keep track (Not really but meh) and still rate it that high. 
3 i ramble and about 1/2 of what i wrote was meaningless.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:05 pm

Leaks and rumors are not the same thing. The leak straight up confirmed the prices. In GameInformer (which I read before making that comment thank you), they confirmed level requirements for many things like weapons, which specifically make it harder to pay to get a headstart on weapons. Hell, you cant even start heists until a certain level and minimum balance so there's no advantage besides not playing and losing experience by earning money the fun way.

For another point of view, most players will never leave the realm of their group's private lobbies. This game is not made to "win." Paying for a few extra flashy cars does not change the experience a GTA multiplayer gives, except for the feeling of accomplishment maybe. That doesn't change the hundreds of hours people will spend laughing and having fun. P2P isn't the focal point here, and there is no true winning. Not to mention as I said when this got leaked, these pay for free expansions like the Beach Bum pack, more Heists, and the content creator's expansion.

As for your issues, they seem to be common game issues. Does Last of Us deserve a 9 because Naughty Dog gave it mediocre AI and a bugged autosave system? No, those things don't affect the game by its own merit, on the basis of interconnected story and gameplay. Glitches are often things that pop up AFTER QA has addressed the problem. Several months of QA made it as good as it would get on PS360 before the playerbase could play it and you know that. I also have a theory that the car thing is due to Social Club as I'm not registered and have not once had a problem with it. So essentially the problem lay with the massive server overload that took place. Online will end up being exactly the same in terms of quality, perhaps not day one due to overload again but you're very pessimistic about the most consistent company in gaming. Blaming a game for popularity doesn't make sense in a review situation. I could go on but that leads to more rambling. I'll end with this: if you think Online will be a letdown, when IV is still one of the most popular multiplayer games out there, you are insane. Regardless of if it WAS pay to win, it'd still be beloved. And since clearly it is avoiding that and simply selling bonus money as a way to expand the world, that'll have no effect.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:12 pm

For some reason, my expectations for GTA V were really low, so it blew my mind when I got it lol. Online does worry me with the micro transaction rumors.
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Trey-Caige

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:02 am

I just bought the game today.. and didn't have very high entertainment expectations for the single player (The other gta games were never my fav. I bought this for the multiplayer) but DAMN, I brought it over to a friends and we took turns playing for a good 6-7 hours O.O very unexpected for me.
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:01 am

Oh god. The final triathlon.

Spoiler:
IT'S FUCKING LONG
DP