Grand Theft Auto V

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Post by BigBox on Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:51 pm

I've been watching gameplay on YouTube. My brother is getting a PS3 soon and he's getting this so I'll be able to play that and The Last of Us. :)
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:03 pm

It's not just GTA, lpool. The public goes wild over any game they can. CoD when a kid kills his parents, Battlefield for killing a rat, and GTA for usual GTA stuff. Shit happens.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:09 pm

Yeah.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:15 pm

the last time i remember it being anywhere near this bad was no russian and thats nothing compared to this so far.

i personally have no problem with violence and shit. i have a problem with all this. i don't see it as rockstars fault its the people that scapegoat gta. but the reason its scapegoated is rockstars fault in the first place. idk.........i'm just pissed. we get games like bioshock or TLoU, which cause little strife and push peoples opinions of the medium forward and every time A GTA game gets released all that progress is flushed back. its been that way since San Andreas. idk....all forms of media struggle with this shit in their infancy but its starting to pis me off that when people ask "What are your hobbies" and i say "I'm a hardcore gamer", they sneer and walk away. guess i'm just mad. how can such solid game be so bad for the industry at its heart?
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:24 pm

Yeah, over here the news is freaking out about all the violence, how we can stop it by putting new restrictions on games, new age filters so kids can't get it, what it will cause kids to do in real life (Which is fucking stupid, because every time they bring this one up, they get shot down with statistics saying that it actually calms kids down... I mean seriously? Only the biggest dumbass in the world or someone who is already mentally unstable would attempt some of the shit in games)
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:29 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:the last time i remember it being anywhere near this bad was no russian and thats nothing compared to this so far.

i personally have no problem with violence and shit. i have a problem with all this. i don't see it as rockstars fault its the people that scapegoat gta. but the reason its scapegoated is rockstars fault in the first place. idk.........i'm just pissed. we get games like bioshock or TLoU, which cause little strife and push peoples opinions of the medium forward and every time A GTA game gets released all that progress is flushed back. its been that way since San Andreas. idk....all forms of media struggle with this shit in their infancy but its starting to pis me off that when people ask "What are your hobbies" and i say "I'm a hardcore gamer", they sneer and walk away. guess i'm just mad. how can such solid game be so bad for the industry at its heart?
It's been this way since the original Grand Theft Auto.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:04 pm

Meh I don't remember that far back. But I suppose your right. 

Pyro I guess its just cause its gta. Somebody came on the radio over here and said "u wouldn't let my child play this" its 18s you really shouldn't. Parenting missues is a thing.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:16 pm

It really got going when GTA III came out because it was put in third-person and that really pissed a lot of people off.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:35 pm

It'll calm down. GTA has only once fucked gaming through controversy, and that was in a scrapped minigame accessible through mods. Every other time it's been a small media story that only bolsters game sales and never actually changes any standing in the industry.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three on Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:55 pm

So guys; verdict? I don't have the game, nor am I thinking about getting it. But I'd like to know what you think :)
Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:58 pm

Friday's paycheck better not be a let down.. that is all that I am saying.

Movies get away with soo much more than any M rated game. I guess the argument is in a video game, you are in control of the character, but still... we have movies like SAW and Hostile, not to mention human centipede that show nothing but horrific violence.
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:38 am

BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:45 am

I cant give a full verdict as im only halfway through the story. I'd recommend it for sure based on what I've played though. Not at any point does it feel slow. I expected traveling the wilderness to suck but it's actually really fun.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:19 pm

Saints Row 4 released GAT V DLC to make fun of- I mean, celebrate the release of GTA V. 

Heh heh, it's fun when companies aren't afraid to sling a little mud here and there.

Currently having a blast with the game. Franklin's my current favourite of the three, mostly for his driving skill.
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

PSN : fabsta1994

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:00 pm

Correct me if I am wrong.. but as far as I can see, the game cost around 266 million to make (don't know if that includes advertising) but as of launch day.. the game has made 800 million dollars O.O DAAAAAAAAAAMN
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:12 pm

Fucking brutal, and this coming from the guy that's a sadistic bastard:
SPOILER AND GRAPHIC IMAGES ALERT:

Now, I just feel that this thing was supremely unnecessary in this game... Well, now for the media to find out that you can fucking waterboard people... Then again, what's GTA without something new and controversial to talk about? lol
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:33 pm

On the Torture:
that was nowhere near as bad as i thought. its actually pretty clever how they show trevor and michaels morals are better than the feds. and they are horrible people. its not as graphic as i thought it would be. i feel its just right, not over the top but definitely not normal. or i might just be more fucked up than pyro.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:40 pm

More On Dat Sheeeiiiiit:
I just feel that they really just stuck it in the game to get their controversial sales up. If you look at the game as a whole, that scene sticks out like a sore thumb. It's random, and a strange instance of seriousness in a world where I run around giving less of a shit about anything, and therefore kill and destroy everything. 
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:57 pm

Igugjgkgjfffjf:
it doesn't really stick out story wise. Its just an attempt to humanize Trevor and Michael. From what I've seen of the campaign it also slots in there perfectly. It doesn't fit if all you do is free roam.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:49 pm

Spoiler:
I'm with lpool. Remember that this story is centered around masculinity and being an alpha male. Trevor IS that guy, while Michael has lost that quality in the last 10 years and Franklin never earned his stripes there. Not to mention as a satire on 2013 America that is both totally plausible and completely immoral. The morality of our country has deteriorated in both GTA and the real world, to the effect that two of our main characters are effectively wash-ups and one is an entitled millennial in Trevor's eyes. That Trevor, a guy who stole a sub, helicopter, and fucking nuke, gives Mr. K a break very well shows this theme that the goddamn criminal scum of LS are more moral than most people.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:07 am

Fabsta1994 wrote:Saints Row 4 released GAT V DLC to make fun of- I mean, celebrate the release of GTA V. 

Heh heh, it's fun when companies aren't afraid to sling a little mud here and there.

Currently having a blast with the game. Franklin's my current favourite of the three, mostly for his driving skill.
The guys behind Saints Row should be scared to sling mud at GTA.  Mainly because of fan backlash and being accused of being a GTA knock off.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:33 am

Rockstar fucked up a beloved character, I can't say who.  But, they fucked this character 7 days to Sunday and then whored him out all around town.  Once, you meet good 'ol Trevor you'll know what I mean. Thanks to that scene, there's no way I would ever consider paying money for this game.  Thankfully someone else is buying it so I can play it and not have to spend a single dime to see that scene that just pissed me off.  Why Rockstar, why would you do this to such a beloved character?
Get eaten by a shark, Trevor!
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:18 am

That scene is exactly why I love Trevor! They made a statement by doing what they did, and it's not like
Spoiler:
Johnny was a well-written or liked GTA character anyway.

Not to mention that might be the single most shallow reason not to buy the game. That's like hating SRIII because they killed Gat, except that Gat mattered.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:52 am

Spoiler:
Except that, Johnny was a beloved character in the series and had what was considered to most the best part of GTA4 as DLC.

Last edited by Anaconda_Vice on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:15 am

Anaconda_Vice wrote:
Fabsta1994 wrote:Saints Row 4 released GAT V DLC to make fun of- I mean, celebrate the release of GTA V. 

The guys behind Saints Row should be scared to sling mud at GTA.  Mainly because of fan backlash and being accused of being a GTA knock off.
I think we can safely say that SR IV is far off from a knock off. And you seriously think Platinum's scared of Rockstar then obviously you haven't been paying attention. They sent out DLC to poke fun at the launch and even made it free for Steam members because PC gamers couldn't get their copy for GTA V. There's nothing wrong with poking fun and it's not like as if they insulted their mothers. If anything Rockstar would look like the bad guy if they retaliate harshly.  

Also, since I can't click that video out of fear of it being a real spoiler that was a real jerk move for not using a spoiler tag. Thanks a lot Anaconda. You do know there's spoiler tags right? :p 

There isn't a single moment that pisses me off more than when things are spoiled early.
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

PSN : fabsta1994

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top