Grand Theft Auto V

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Post by Pyro-Hem on Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:42 pm

Is it strange that I'm just not hyped at all for this game?
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:05 pm

I'm not as hyped as everyone else cause I'm saving for x/y and nexus so I'm not getting it. but it still looks solid. And dat aggressive marketing. Its on buses over here. There hasn't been posters for a game on buses since uncharted 3 over here.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:29 pm

So Metacritic guesses:
I really want to say 98 but I just know Polygon is gonna give it an 8 for clickbait. Likely gamespot too. That'll really kill it down to 95-7 range. If IV ends the gen as highest rated though I'd be disappointed. Unless it has AWFUL slowdown though, I'd guarantee at least a 95. I'm waiting for somebody to use a quote I've been using though, and I really hope a reviewer does: if Last of Us was the game that defined this generation, GTA will define the next. Even if it's not true it's such a damn good quote lol
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:53 pm

I hardly think you can define a gen before the consoles arrive. especially a game that won't be on/will be badly ported too the systems. Gta looks incredibly solid but I honestly don't see what's so ground breaking that it can define next gen. Maps that size will be standard half way through next gen, looking at Destiny and the Division GTAO ain't pushing boundaries for mmos (its hardly fair to compare them but still your quote started it) hell the part people keep talking about is the minigames! That's all I hear "golf, retail" ect ect. Everybodies glossing over the meh vehicle controls confirmed to be coming back, the inevitable glitches and slowdown ect. I believe hands ons stated that piping graphical glitches still exist. And I personally think the 3 character swap thing is over rated especially when they praise rockstar as master storytellers something lets be honest they have done once in RDR. Maybe max Payne. And they were other teams I believe. No Rockstar will define one thing and one thing only with this game. Fun. That's rockstars talent. They don't make technical marvels (except map sizes) or riveting plots. They make damm fun games. That's the only thing the will define and they WILL define it (unless they pull a gta4. That game is not fun). Until gta6 that standard will remain. 

Actually there's your improved quote. The Last o. Us defines this gen. Its the swan song and it will be remembered for a long time. Gta v sets the standard for next gen. One every game has to break, one that most won't. At least for a while. I mean look at any gta game. Except san Andreas (thats probably nostalgia) they aged horribly. Eventually gta v will be surpassed as best sand box. perhaps watch dogs can beat it in terms of quality early (nope) or maybe second son (maybe). But when the day comes that this is standard it will be a great time to be a gamer. 

Anyway rambling point is rockstar cant define q gen their not in. And they haven't defined anything since gta3 

better quote to end it off one I feel fits it better. 

"GTA V proves next gen doesn't start till Rockstar says so."
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:18 am

Your argument directly proves my point. You listed games that next gen is holding proudly, whose mechanics will be playable first in GTA V. The Last of Us took everything that changed this gen and compiled it into a game. GTA is using many next-generation elements before the latter even gets to. These elements define next-gen, and GTA is their Moses, leading them into the realm of the currently-unthinkable. The next gen is having its thunder stolen by a current gen game. If that doesn't define them, nothing does.

And since many people are theorizing a better next-gen version of V what with the leaks, it's a safe bet that things get better on PS4, not worse. 32+ player Online better.

Lastly, good stories have been present since SA. Bully had a pretty good story. IV was a good story, and almost nothing else. The Episodes were the same, except TBoGT was a fun game in addition to having a good tie-in story. RDR won GotY on story. Max Payne's comeback thrived on the story. V will have a story that holds up too, I can guarantee that.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:55 am

Also a few cheats got leaked. Explosive punching and Drunk Mode are highlights.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:38 pm

I guess we can just agree to disagree. 

Something we can agree on is that the polarizing reviews are not surprising. The scores range from 10 to bitching about it being misogynistic (thank you clickbaitspot.)
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Currently at 97/98 on PS3/360 respectively. Only sub-90 is Escapist who gave it a 70 by calling the characters scumbags. And that was barely rated in the overall score. The only reason PS3 is lower is because it has fewer total reviews.

It could be 98 overall when all is said and don.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:30 pm

i liked the destructoid review
http://www.destructoid.com/review-grand-theft-auto-v-261879.phtml?nav=mobile&mode=mobile
any other good reviews to read

im probably gonna still wait for the pc version though
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:59 pm

I'm not gonna lie, IGN's was pretty good for once.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:15 pm

yeah i actually think it was. i will say from what they said it is a ten huh?

the problem i'm finding among reviews is that they all have different gripes that aren't mentioned in others or are contradicted. some say the graphics are dated (They are but the lighting hides it well) some claim its beautiful. some see improvement in cars others don't. some like aiming others don't. its normally the same for every game but i dunno i've never seen it this varied for a game with this high scores. 

that said it sounds like exactly what i thought it would be. an incredibly fun game that meets all boundaries without pushing any. thats fine. in comparison to say last of us or infinite which met some boundaries and fell short in others. the fact the story (Or at least the characters) are good was a plus for me. lack of going bowling another huge plus. i mean........

however read a good article on kotaku about how reviews scores are bad, allowing to compare incomparable games. and thats pretty much what we have been doing the last what 3 months dp? 

i dunno. i still won't get it for a while. need to study, don't like GTA enough to risk my grades but i've said that before.

Pokemon and Ratchet and Clank however can take my soul.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:39 pm

I was never necessarily arguing on a score-to-score basis. I was arguing on which would get thr most praise overall. Scores don't mean shit in most races; look at ACIII last year.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:09 pm

Forgive the double post but holy crap, Adam Sessler gave it a perfect score. He never does that. He also called Trevor one of the greatest characters ever, game or not.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:42 pm

Trevor is from what I heard, foxs definition of gta personified. Its them making fun of all the politicians who have brought then to court. Or tried to for publicity (there was one guy who got off on doing it...who was he?)....that and he's fucking Hilarious. I just wonder if he will have the impact of some of the other greats. given what's been said he may well sit with the likes of Clementine, Elizibeth and Ellie for COMPLETELY different reasons.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:44 pm

GameSpot gave it a 9 because the female writer was offended by the treatment of women. I shit you not.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:46 pm

Saw that. I also saw igns review.. wasn't that keza? 

Seriously you can't play gta and not know that's gonna happen.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:50 pm

DP wrote:GameSpot gave it a 9 because the female writer was offended by the treatment of women. I shit you not.
Understandable, but game reviews aren't about personal feelings.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:55 pm

Well they actually are but they shouldn't be. If the game truely is worse than its predecessors that way than it is something to warn about. Not enough to drop 10%. I mean just...how? Grrr
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:16 pm

They can't make a game worse than that awful linear sand-box game known as GTAIV. It was the biggest step backwards for the franchise. It was just you and the mission with a little bit of things to do, but the all the side stuff was extremely boring. San Andreas had more to do that GTAIV and that game was on the PS2.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:54 pm

Remember tbat IV was initially intended to be Liberty State and have mountains and shit too, but they needed to work on the engines first, leading to a less whole game.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:04 pm

I know, but it doesn't make it any less of a step-back.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:14 pm

No, I don't disagree, even if I am okay as a whole with IV. Step back, yeah, but so were most early-gen releases so it's not entirely fair to hit it now with hindsight being perfect.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:31 am

well.. my thoughts on gta sure escalated fairly quickly O.O have you guys seen any gameplay? The full, current gen version looks exactly like the trailers make it out to be (sadly, that should be said for all games.......) 

I was only excited for the multiplayer portion but damn.. DAT STORY ASS  Hey
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:41 pm

It's absolutely gorgeous. Outside of one instance I've had no pop-in or real slowdown (the instance was the opening cutscene oddly enough). Seeing the scale has to be done in person too. Trust me.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:51 pm

...I'm starting to dislike this game again just cause of the rep its getting us gamers again. Some people want a 21+ rating over here just for this game cause of that torture scene. stabbings for copies is also a thing. I know its only cause its gta but why does every gta release seem to set us back in the public eyes even if it leaps forward tech wise?
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top