GM Conflict : Seeking Voice Actors [Auditions Open]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GM Conflict : Seeking Voice Actors [Auditions Open]

Post by King_Tetiro on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:51 am

Hey guys!

2 years from now. On 15th of November 2014, Game Maker will be 15 years old. A staggering age for a game development software!

To celebrate 15 wonderful years of GM (Except the month of the naff GM icon lol), I intend to develop a GM cross-over fighter. Something most people fail to achieve! (I even failed once!) We already have an engine with Tetiro from Legena and Iji from Iji fighting on GM City (A city version of Game Maker Community) and the Vast Desert (From Death Worm). We also have confirmation from banov to have Secret Island (From Dubloon) as a stage and sakisa's permission to have Tiger (From Zoo Escape) as a character. Things are starting to come together! But why am I telling you guys? You'll find out later in this topic!

So why does these types of projects usually fail at Game Maker Community?

Well for me, it was because at that point in time I was developing the project, I wasn't smart enough to understand AI. That I can admit now. But for many it is because they are too ambitious. Stating they'll be 40 stages and 30 characters for example is a stupid number to declare. Therefore we're being realistic with our project. 4 characters and 4 stages to start off with and then once they are done, we'll add more later! And once Legena : The New Dawn is complete, this will go into full development and I will spend all my time as programmer working on it!

What are we doing differently?

As I said, we're doing a small target mark to start off. But as we hit new marks, we'll add more features. For example, at 5 characters and 5 stages we'll be adding an Unlock Shop. And at 8 characters and 8 stages we'll be adding Gamepad support so that more than 1 player can play.

We'll also doing franchise representation more differently here. We have a rule. The franchise can either have a character or a stage and then an item if they wish. Why are we doing this? Well think of it like this. Even though there are 4 characters and 4 stages to start off with, that's 8 different franchises represented. So if we did reach our final number of 23 characters and 23 stages, that's up to a staggering 46 franchises represented!

As a final note, we'll only request a character once a sensible moveset can be made. One which also represents the franchise greatly.

So what do we need you guys for?

2 years to develop a game is a long time! And one of the features we intend to do is voice acting! In alot of cases we can use each character's respective files or get the original voice actor to help out. But in the cases where we can't, we need buddy voice actors to help out! And that's why we're here! To gather the voice actors we need to help out!

The roles will be varied so there should be stuff for everyone! We need voice actors for stages, characters and other stuff!

I'd like to see what you have so far

We can't post a demo just yet as we intend to have 4 character and 4 stages for the first demo release (We currently have 3 characters and 3 stages). (Plus we want to keep it a surprise!)

However what we can do is post screenshots of the stages so far during their work in progress. Just bear in mind it's early progress :P And we'll keep you updated! If you wish to try out the concept engine before auditioning, please PM me and I'm sure I can help.

Top : GM City (Representing the Game Maker Community
Bottom Left : Vast Desert (From Death Worm)
Bottom Right : Secret Island (From Dubloon)

So you've caught my attention. I want to help out. What auditions are there?

This topic will be updated on a basis (as each new stage or character which requires new voice acting is needed). Each role is unique in it's own way. So check them all out. Each character has a different requirement! Ideally .wav files please as it works with Game Maker 8.1

Game Announcer
Many cross-over fighters these days have an announcer who announces stuff. Super Smash Brothers and Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale have them as two examples. So we need a voice actor to be THE ANNOUNCER.

Gender : Male or Female (Gender no worry just as long as your voice is epic)
Age of Character : N/A
Voice Type : ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8uI1UMVJP8 ) or check out Smash Bros
Audition Line : 3...2...1...Battle!
Audition Line 2 : Stop the fight!
Notes : We have all the lines down on paper. Once you've done these lines, it's very unlikely we'll need to bother you again

Iji from Iji ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iji_(video_game) )

Unfortunately, it seems the voice actor of Iji is unlikely to voice her in the game. As a result, we need a voice actor. For this audition, we're hoping to get as close to the original voice as possible! Iji is one of Game Maker's mascots. Her game was groundbreaking for Game Maker

Age of Character : 16-24
Voice Type : These files demonstrate the original voice actor. You need to try and match it! (Files can be download -> https://www.box.com/s/0wnws812wj09j0rxjfal )
Audition Line : I choose my own path
Audition Line 2 : You leave me no choice!
Notes : This is a full role. You'll be asked to do battle vocals and if we reach Story Mode, story lines.

Tetiro Aceus from Legena : The New Dawn ( See my sig )

From my own series, Tetiro Aceus enters the fight! But he doesn't have a voice actor. So he will need one. The Tetiro in this game will be the version after he takes the throne and becomes king. Tetiro Aceus is a blue cren and the current King of Orenna. Crens are a humanoid merge between bird and dolphins. Throughout his original game, Tetiro evolved from a selfish brat to a noble king. Now in the conflict, Tetiro has to rely on his own skills and the aid of Atesan Turwin.

Age of Character : 20-30
Voice Type : American or British (Perhaps a mix). Don't make his voice regal.
Audition Line : You made the right choice
Audition Line 2 : Your luck has run out!
Notes : This is a full role. You'll be asked to do battle vocals and if we reach Story Mode, story lines.

Atesan Turwin from Legena : The New Dawn ( See my sig )
Offering his help, Atesan followed Tetiro into the conflict. Atesan hails from the Legena series and is one of the Lords of Ferrowmoore. Throughout his game, Atesan and Tetiro formed a friendship built from loyalty. Now he can be summoned by Tetiro in battle to help him out. With his Swordshaft at the ready, Atesan is ready to serve his king!

Age of Character : 25-35
Voice Type : American
Audition Line : I'm here!
Notes : This character only has 1 line in battle. However if we reach Story Mode, we'll need the voice actor to do more lines.

Tiger from Zoo Escape ( http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/115653 )

If there's one thing we know about the developer Sakisa, is that he knows how to make 3D games with Game Maker. And Zoo Escape is no exception. Throughout his original game, Tiger had to escape the Zoo whilst avoid the guards. Collecting fruit and friends along the way. Now armed with cages, fruit and friends to help, Tiger is ready to run his way to freedom with the Maker Crown in hand.

Age of Character : N/A
Voice Type : Kiddy Tiger voice
Audition Line : I'm here!
Notes : Tiger only makes Tiger sounds. So if you're good at animal sounds, this is the right role for you

Feel free to post your auditions in the topic or by PM! Just post the audition files as username_charactername_auditionlinenumber.wav so I know who's who! .zip files are optional, just save them as username_audition_date.zip so I know when you auditioned!

Just so you know, auditions are always open and have no deadline. Auditions for a character close when we have found the perfect actor. This is because we have 2 years to develop the game. Of course come 2014 there will be a deadline :P

I hope to see plenty of auditions so that we can make this the celebration of a lifetime for Game Maker! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Last edited by King_Tetiro on Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
King_Tetiro
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : KingTetiro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GM Conflict : Seeking Voice Actors [Auditions Open]

Post by Helvetica Standard on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:26 pm

I might be interested in doing some auditions. I'll send you the files later. For Who? It will be a surprise... =u=

Also... Is Game Maker hard to use/program/everything? Because I want to do a small demo to start with some projects that I want to make.
Helvetica Standard
Staff
Staff

PSN : HelveticaStd

View user profile http://helvetica-standard.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Tetiro on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:42 pm

Helvetica Standard wrote:I might be interested in doing some auditions. I'll send you the files later. For Who? It will be a surprise... =u=

Also... Is Game Maker hard to use/program/everything? Because I want to do a small demo to start with some projects that I want to make.

I'd say it's good to use. As long as you read the Help section and do the tutorials. Fortunately you can download a free version and the full edition of Game Maker 8.1 is only $40 or so

I'd say it's easy to learn but moderate to master. But it's free so check it out and judge yourself! :D

And I look forward to the files!
King_Tetiro
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:48 pm

Gamemaker is a great program, I have GM8 and I love it.

I wish I was better at it though.

I'd love to audition man but my mics aren't working so I can't record a sample..
Sorry.
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowbhiemes on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:50 pm

Could never get the hang of Game Maker, but it's cool. I always preferred RPG Maker, I could actually finish games with that. And I have.

I won't VA audition, but good luck with your project.
Shadowbhiemes
Mmm Cake
Mmm Cake

PSN : Shadowbhiemes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:57 pm

some of my friends have said have a bit of a radio voice if you want i could send over some voice clips of the me doing the announcer in the future
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xVincore on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:07 pm

I'll see if I can do some, I've done some previous voice acting for small companies.

However, I'm not making any promises. My schedules fairly full lately.
xVincore
Tingle
Tingle

PSN : xVincore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by spongebob562 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:41 am

I might do the announcer or tiger. I will record it soon
spongebob562
Mmm Cake
Mmm Cake

PSN : spongebob562

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:17 am

I'll be willing, but I can't guarantee excellent quality for my VOs until I get a better microphone (should be soon).
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:46 am

i have a terrible mic and am too broke to afford a new one so i cant help with this but i will continue testing it to help out
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Tetiro on Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:39 am

Well I'm looking forward to hearing all of the auditions! Should be awesome!
King_Tetiro
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabsta1994 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:12 am

If I can grab an appropriate mic setup I'd be happy to help out! Got any recommendations (that hopefully won't hurt the wallet too much)?

I've always wanted to do some voice acting.
Fabsta1994
Kitty Got Wet!
Kitty Got Wet!

PSN : fabsta1994

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jechtsphere on Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:16 am

Wish I had a mic, I'm confident in my voice and voicing skills.
Jechtsphere
Staff
Staff

PSN : Jechtsphere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by spongebob562 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:40 am

Do you have an email? I might be able to get this to you by next week.
spongebob562
Mmm Cake
Mmm Cake

PSN : spongebob562

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Tetiro on Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:43 am

I have no idea for mics, I could ask around though

And yeh sponge, I'll PM you my email adress
King_Tetiro
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jechtsphere on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:16 am

People can record their voice with their phone...if their phone has such an option or the video option in a digital camera and extract the audio from the video file.
Jechtsphere
Staff
Staff

PSN : Jechtsphere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Tetiro on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:22 am

Jechtsphere wrote:People can record their voice with their phone...if their phone has such an option or the video option in a digital camera and extract the audio from the video file.

It's amazing how far technology has come now
King_Tetiro
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top