French interview on PSblog (confirms DLC characters)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

French interview on PSblog (confirms DLC characters)

Post by theo_mm on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:42 pm

translated link:
[Only mods are allowed to see this link]

Question: Will there be other characters and other arenas after leaving the game with downloadable content?

Answer: Yes, there will be additional characters, as well as other forms of DLC levels.

Excellent news!

theo_mm
KONG
KONG

PSN : theomm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: French interview on PSblog (confirms DLC characters)

Post by King_Tetiro on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:44 pm

Theo welcome back! And I think requires our forum's official high five image!

King_Tetiro
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : KingTetiro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:16 pm

Nice! It'd be cool for day one DLC but if it doesn't happen then, I'd say within the first 2-3 months. At least there will be new characters/levels once I'm done with basic & tech school.

Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Trey-Caige

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:19 pm

Thanks for the news. I already expected this, but it's still nice to see a confirmation, Theo. :) I'm really hoping that it won't take too long, maybe 1-2 months at most. I don't expect it to be Day One though for various reasons. I think we would've heard about Day One DLC already if there was going to be some.

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:22 pm

They've already confirmed DLC characters and stages in the past, but thanks for the further confirmation :]

Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:29 pm

i hope they go to NIS for a DLC character

dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:03 pm

Hopefully we get those 4 "Big" characters if they aren't already on disc as well as Kat and an assassin.

Abe would be cool too...Honestly I'll be happy with any character dlc! :P

0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:09 pm

Slayer5228 wrote:Hopefully we get those 4 "Big" characters if they aren't already on disc as well as Kat and an assassin.

Abe would be cool too...Honestly I'll be happy with any character dlc! :P

I'm expecting the "Final Four" to make it in, at least at some point! PG thinks so too.

The evidence towards more characters FARRRR outweighs even the verbal claim of "20-only"

Reasons:

I'm 100% convinced the final 4 will be in. No doubt in my mind. They're probably just pushing them back to DLC, due to the leak, for some reason

EDIT:

Also, PG's source hadn't been wrong so far, and I see no reason to start distrusting his source now. Plus the "Final 4" seem like the "Bigger Characters" of the game, which would EASILY add-up to their supposed releases at their chosen conventions, stated by PG. I'm guessing we'll see them on-disk as unlockable characters. I mean, SB's lied SO many times before

Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:32 pm

I would agree Triple Three, but according to a recent source, SUperBot did kind of ask for Crash but Activision didn't allow it. I personally didn't think that they would be as difficult as people were saying, but it turns out I was wrong. Team ICO's also pretty strict about their "art". I find Snake and Cloud fair game though although Square Enix can be pretty awkward at times.
If anything, I see Kat and Connor being obvious ones, along with Abe and Ty. Pyramid Head has been requested by a LOT of fans and they even sent e-mails to SuperBot, so he definitely hasn't gone unnoticed. Capcom could also play ball with another rep, hopefully one from Resident Evil or Amaterasu from Okami. I really hope they wouldn't choose someone from Street Fighter though, specifically Ryu.

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:37 pm

Count Mario wrote:I would agree Triple Three, but according to a recent source, SUperBot did kind of ask for Crash but Activision didn't allow it. I personally didn't think that they would be as difficult as people were saying, but it turns out I was wrong. Team ICO's also pretty strict about their "art". I find Snake and Cloud fair game though although Square Enix can be pretty awkward at times.
If anything, I see Kat and Connor being obvious ones, along with Abe and Ty. Pyramid Head has been requested by a LOT of fans and they even sent e-mails to SuperBot, so he definitely hasn't gone unnoticed. Capcom could also play ball with another rep, hopefully one from Resident Evil or Amaterasu from Okami. I really hope they wouldn't choose someone from Street Fighter though, specifically Ryu.

I dunno, bro! :P Maybe I'm just in denial, but I'm convinced that if I am right about the "Final Four", then I believe they're just saying that "Activision wouldn't allow it", because they'd read how the fans are saying how greedy they are and all of that, and are just playing off of that :P

Aaaaand, They let in Raiden, I can't see why they wouldn't allow Snake, right? :]

And isn't Wander of 1st-Party? I thought so o.o - Would they still need the rights for him, if that's the case? If not, I can't see why the company would be so "Self-Conscious about putting in Wander", unless a new SotC game is coming out, which I highly doubt.

And for Cloud, I've always seen Enix as a very 'allowing' company, eh?

These ARE pretty much they '4 most-asked-for characters' (With omitting a few, ie: Spyro, etc), Paul even told when they were 'supposed' to announce each character, starting from after Cole Macgrath's Comic-Con reveal, to the big "Crash Finale!" - It all adds up, and I don't buy SuperBot's recent "20-only" statement, for a second! ^^

Thirty3Three
Subspace
Subspace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:49 pm

Let's just say that as both a FF and Kingdom Hearts fan that Square Enix hasn't been the most "wisest" company this gen...

Also, I wasn't de-confirming Snake, I said he was fair game for well, the game lol. And yes, Wander's first-party. But SuperBot still goes to all of the IP holders first-party or not for recognition of the character and if they say no go, I doubt SuperBot would pull the "Tell Mommy/Sony" card lol. And honestly, I have been a strong believer of the over 20 character thing, but after the commercial was released with no new chars, I've fully given up on the idea of more on disk. Day One DLC, maybe, but not on disk for me. I know that SuperBot at least asked for each of these characters, but I'm not fully certain that all of them are in for sure. More stuff goes on behind the scenes than we expect.

They had plenty of opportunities to announce Crash at TGS, Eurogamer, NY Comic Con, any of the new tournaments that have been held, etc. but they still haven't. I personally think that the "right" moment for Crash to be revealed with surprised has passed and they have deconfirmed unlockable characters and Omar blatantly said only 20 characters recently. I'm sorry, but I just want to look towards realism at this point.

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:51 pm

Even if the company is first party you still need permission 333. =)

0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by this_is_marko on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:04 pm

Thirty3Three wrote:
And isn't Wander of 1st-Party? I thought so o.o - Would they still need the rights for him, if that's the case? If not, I can't see why the company would be so "Self-Conscious about putting in Wander", unless a new SotC game is coming out, which I highly doubt.
^^

you still need Team ICO's permission even if they are first party. Omar basically said at the LA Beatdown that Team ICO is extremely strict about their characters and they don't want wander/ico in. They consider their games to be art and All-stars is a party brawler. I could see crash, cloud, and snake showing up but i have doubts about wanderer

this_is_marko
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : this_is_Marko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by spongebob562 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:07 pm

I can honestly see the final four on disc or December dlc. Ty and Abe have high chances of being added later on. Superbot got good at keeping their mouth shut. Now its time to open it for the last time.

spongebob562
Mmm Cake
Mmm Cake

PSN : spongebob562

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shikiyakumo on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:41 pm

Hope we get those characters that were requested by their respective companies. (Plus some others like the King of The Cosmos, Pyramid head, and Yu Narukami)

shikiyakumo
LANDMASTER!
LANDMASTER!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum