Disney buys Lucasarts, Leia is now A disney princess, SW ep. 7 announced...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Disney buys Lucasarts, Leia is now A disney princess, SW ep. 7 announced...

Post by Merric on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:57 pm

...WHAT?! Can you guys believe this?! Shocked
Merric
Mmm Cake
Mmm Cake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disney buys Lucasarts, Leia is now A disney princess, SW ep. 7 announced...

Post by CraZALYNormal13 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:59 pm

In the future everything is going to be owned by disney.
CraZALYNormal13
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : n0rmal94

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:22 pm

Just a tip man but you should add a link to your OP so people can read it for themselves! =)

Anyways...First Marvel and now LucasArts.
Disney is trying to take over the world!
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:51 pm

Not at all excited. Disney doesn't impress me with much lately, can't remember the last time they have. what at least this isn't a reboot of the original three.
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:13 am

The only thing I want to come out of this is Star Wars and Marvel in Kingdom Hearts III... and for the damn game to be released worry
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Trey-Caige

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:04 am

[quote="Trey-Caige][quote="Trey-Caige[/url] II"]-an-original-story-says-lucasfilm-source
Trey-Caige][quote="Trey-Caige[/url] II wrote:The only thing I want to come out of this is Star Wars and Marvel in Kingdom Hearts III... and for the damn game to be released
I'm a huge fan of all three series, but I would prefer it if KH was strictly Disney. Only addition I'd allow would be Pixar worlds, but that's it.

Anyways, I was pretty pissed about seeing Episode VII being announced, but apparently, it won't actually be a direct sequel, but instead, a completely original story. Given that I was able to love and adapt to the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic video game era despite not having anything to do with the two trilogies, I might actually be open to this, at least until I hear future news and LucasArts keeps their word. I would've absolutely despised the Thrawn trilogy gettinbg movie adaptation, I didn't even like the premise of those novels to begin with. Not to mention that Lucas won't get his grubby hands on this, so we can expect some fresh talent and certainly less Jar-Jar.

http://www.eonline.com/news/358685/star-wars-7-plot-will-be-an-original-story-says-lucasfilm-source

As for how Disney will treat Star Wars, to be honest, I'm not worried at all. They haven't effected Pixar and Marvel's quality one bit, in fact, I think Disney actually benefited them and their popularity. And I really doubt Leia will ever be a Disney princess, even if the title of this thread is a joke, I just felt like addressing that. Even Disney has their limits and aren't the three-headed Hydra that people make them out to be. Not to mention that they have started releasing pretty good animated movies again since The Princess and the Frog.

All in all, I'll actually give this a chance. I'm still skeptical about Episode VII, but I won't call label it bad just yet. And I really think anybody thinking that Disney'll start making the series more childish or start doing honestly anything negative besides releasing a bunch of SW merchendise, advertising future Star Wars media, and a show or two on Disney XD is overreacting, personally.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowbhiemes on Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:04 pm

It's only a matter of time before Disney acquires another well-known and beloved character, Mario and then all of Nintendo's IPs.
Shadowbhiemes
Mmm Cake
Mmm Cake

PSN : Shadowbhiemes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:25 pm

You know, I wouldn't mind if the new trilogy was based on the Star Wars Legacy comics made by Dark Horse comics, they take place 137 years after Episode IV starring Luke's descendant, Cade Skywalker, with a whole new cast and a bunch of awesome stories and characters. Even though the new trilogy is confirmed to be an original story, this would probably be the one existing story that I'd like to see because it would allow a fresh new take on the franchise, erase most of the hate from long time fans expecting this to ruin the original trilogy, and still have slight ties to the previous trilogies so it won't be like as if they were completely disregarded. It's the perfect win-win situation in my eyes.

Either this, or one set in the Old Republic era.

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:45 pm

So the new Star Wars will be original stories? That'll be interesting to see. I heard it was gonna continue 30 years after Episode VI...?
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:50 pm

Trey-Caige II wrote:So the new Star Wars will be original stories? That'll be interesting to see. I heard it was gonna continue 30 years after Episode VI...?
It can't since that story was technically already covered in on of the novels I mentioned in my first comment on this thread.

It was the Thrawn trilogy and it covered the exploits of Luke and his gang in the forty years passed since A New Hope, AKA, Episode IV. It had Luke rebuild the Jedi Order, Han and Leia having a few kids, one of which became a Sith, a new species from another galaxy wages war on the Star Wars galaxy, etc. Some people were expecting the books to get movie adaptations, but that appears to not be the case. I'm pretty glad that didn't happen actually, as I really didn't like the premise of the books in my honest opinion.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:44 pm

Count Mario wrote:
Trey-Caige II wrote:So the new Star Wars will be original stories? That'll be interesting to see. I heard it was gonna continue 30 years after Episode VI...?
It can't since that story was technically already covered in on of the novels I mentioned in my first comment on this thread.

It was the Thrawn trilogy and it covered the exploits of Luke and his gang in the forty years passed since A New Hope, AKA, Episode IV. It had Luke rebuild the Jedi Order, Han and Leia having a few kids, one of which became a Sith, a new species from another galaxy wages war on the Star Wars galaxy, etc. Some people were expecting the books to get movie adaptations, but that appears to not be the case. I'm pretty glad that didn't happen actually, as I really didn't like the premise of the books in my honest opinion.

Oh ok. Sorry I didn't read your post more thoroughly, ninja-ing WiFi lol. Yeah if they already covered those stories in the books, might as well take this as a new opportunity for new stories. I'm actually interested in what direction they will go with. I have no fears in Disney tampering, as Marvel's acquisition has grown to show.
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:10 pm

That's alright, I just felt the need to embrace my Star Wars geek knowledge and express my concern. Wink

As for Marvel's acquisition, exactly. People were reacting the EXACT same thing about Marvel being bought, and all that happened were a couple of animated Marvel shows on Disney XD, Disney selling Marvel merchandise, and Disney advertising the movies. Literally, they helped more than "destroy" like some people thought and the comics are still as dark and badass as ever. Since I'm a huge Disney fan, I don't mind the whole thing and it isn't like they're truly part of the "Disney Movie-verse" or something like that. The only bought property that I think would qualify for that is Pixar and they were generally associated with Disney since Toy Story in the first place.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:26 pm

I just want to see the Marvel heroes in the next Kingdom Hearts.

A Marvel world and a Star Wars world would kick ass!
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:55 pm

Slayer5228 wrote:I just want to see the Marvel heroes in the next Kingdom Hearts.

A Marvel world and a Star Wars world would kick ass!
Eh... no. I'm sorry, but to me, it just seems to awkward and not right. If anything, have Pixar worlds, they're actually good fit with Disney and could actually be considered "Disney movies" at this point. If we need superheroes in KH, let it be The Incredibles. Hey

That's just me, and a lot of people across the internet (If you search) share my opinion. I mean, just because Disney owns it doesn't mean we should just start shoving them in. Even though they're owned by Disney, I still don't personally refer to Marvel and LucasArts' creations as "Disney Properties", it just doesn't mix. And I'm not trying to do this from the perspective of oh, Disney is full of rainbows and unicorns only, no, it's just my opinion.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Illuvial on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:05 am

Now that Disney owns Star Wars, maybe we will finally get Star Wars Battlefront III.

It is definitely a long shot, but it is still a possibility. And it is really the only positive I can think of. Well, aside from having a lightsaber keyblade and fighting Darth Vader in Kingdom Hearts 3, THAT would be amazing. Not to mention more probable.
Illuvial
You Gotta Believe!
You Gotta Believe!

PSN : Illuvial

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:07 am

...Why does nobody agree that Star Wars and Marvel wouldn't fit in KH? I'm gonna cry in my corner now. :(

lol It's alright guys. It's just my personal opinion though.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Illuvial on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:30 am

I just agreed with you! I am not sure how they would pull Marvel off, but I would love to see it!

The real issue is people not agreeing with me that Indiana Jones would be absolutely hilarious as a KH3 world!!!

P.S. Your signature is just amazing, Captain Toad is by far the greatest thing ever created by man. Ever.
Illuvial
You Gotta Believe!
You Gotta Believe!

PSN : Illuvial

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:38 am

Oh, sorry! I didn't realize the sarcasm/"honest" comparison lol. I would love Battlefront 3 actually. Although I'm still waiting on Old Republic movies and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, personally. I'm also iffy on Marvel though. I mean it's a whole universe as big as the Disney universe. I think it should just be limited to Disney, with the only "invading" property being Pixar since they technically make "Disney" movies to begin with and would actually fit right in. Indiana Jones though, now that would be funny! Imagine Sora having to hide in a fridge to escape an explosion while being clumped in with Jones. XD

And thanks for the signature appreciation! I love Captain Toad as well. Although, I think Waluigi would've made a better Loki while Luigi becomes Thor so we have the "brotherly" connection and Yoshi's Hawkeye since he shoot eggs at targets. Regardless, it's still an awesome picture and I especially love Pepper Pots being Princess Peach with their matching initials. <3
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:38 am

Illuvial wrote:I just agreed with you! I am not sure how they would pull Marvel off, but I would love to see it!

The real issue is people not agreeing with me that Indiana Jones would be absolutely hilarious as a KH3 world!!!

P.S. Your signature is just amazing, Captain Toad is by far the greatest thing ever created by man. Ever.
im sorry but that honor of greatest thing ever made by man belongs to Bacon and Nachos
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:49 am

Nope, Dragon. That honors belongs to my signature, and pancakes. Can't disrespect the pancakes guys. Hey

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:38 pm

Bacon and Nachos!?!?!?! Shocked That sounds amazing! Back on slight topic while I agree Marvel nor Star Wars would fit with KH very well, it adds more variety. Tis why I'd like it :D I think the only Disney properties KH hasn't worked with are Pixar and Song Of The South. (I really want to see them incorporate Song Of The South... lol)
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:47 pm

I kind of think the live-action movies and the possibility of Pixar worlds are enough variety lol. And why not make worlds based on animated TV shows like Gargoyles, DuckTales, Darkwing Duck, Kim Possible, and Gravity Falls too? And Song of the South? lol I'd like to see that also. XD
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:49 am

Don't want to double-post, but according to a site called Vulture, the top candidate for being the director of Episode VII is Michael Arndt. Arndt has written Toy Story 3, Little Miss Sunshine, and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. Yeah, I can totally get down with this for sure given his talent and history. However, even if this is true, it isn't final and we still have to wonder who the director is. there's plenty of great directors that could be used, but I'm personally hoping for Joss Whedon (Director of The Avengers). However, he's kind of stuck with Avengers 2 and the new SHIELD live-action show coming up (Yes, there's a Marvel live-sction show coming on, WATCH IT), unless the Star Wars can get delayed a couple of years, which I can definitely see happening.

So, any thoughts on if you're excited for the current potential or not?
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top