Twitter Ticker

Evo Poll (VOTE FOR ALL-STARS!)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Evo Poll (VOTE FOR ALL-STARS!)

Post by Jinkwai on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:18 am

[Only mods are allowed to see this link]

Evo is doing a poll for their next potential tournament. Let's get this on the grandest stage of them all!

Jinkwai
Sticker
Sticker

PSN : JInkwai

View user profile http://www.about.me/cscottspain

Back to top Go down

Re: Evo Poll (VOTE FOR ALL-STARS!)

Post by quackerzacher on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:20 am

yo homie link dat shiet, i love EVO and i would watch this just like i watch mahvel and street fighter 4 every year, its like the olympics for me except it happens every freaking year YAY

EDIT: nvm i voted for DiveKick lol

Last edited by quackerzacher on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total

quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

PSN : quackerzacher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Razer_Shpex on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:21 am

Melee is gonna win hands down even though it's the worst installment of the Smash games.

Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Nocturnal__Gamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:24 am

Razer_Shpex wrote:Melee is gonna win hands down even though it's the worst installment of the Smash games.
oh i get it its like opposite day or something right?

quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Razer_Shpex on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:46 am

No, I thought Melee was terrible and far to glitchy also everything moves to fast and falling speed is too fast. Personally I think Brawl is the best installment and the original is the second best installment.

Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:56 am

Razer_Shpex wrote:Melee is gonna win hands down even though it's the worst installment of the Smash games.

wow look at this. imo Melee is the best at a fighting stand point while brawl is just the better game for fun because of all the stuff in it. Any way smash bros wont end up at evo same with all stars people over there just dont think of them as proper fighting games but who am i to say haven't watch a evo in years dont know havent got the time but i voted for tekken tag 2 best tekken since 3 some much fun

papertoonz
Songbird
Songbird

PSN : cj5_4_ever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Razer_Shpex on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:07 am

papertoonz wrote:

wow look at this. imo Melee is the best at a fighting stand point while brawl is just the better game for fun because of all the stuff in it. Any way smash bros wont end up at evo same with all stars people over there just dont think of them as proper fighting games but who am i to say haven't watch a evo in years dont know havent got the time but i voted for tekken tag 2 best tekken since 3 some much fun
Melee is too fast though while Brawl has perfect mix between fighting and pace. Although the tripping is redundant it's still better than Samus' glitch. The one in Melee where her grab and reach all the way across the a regular map practically. There's more glitches that make Melee a terrible game but that's the one I remember though. This is also why PSASBR is better than Smash in general. In general Smash games have too many glitches in them.

Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A_GME on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:13 am

there is one for radec where you can use his level 2 on hades when the floor is broken and get everyone standing one the regular floor. Rolling Eyes

A_GME
!
!

PSN : A_GME

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:14 am

Razer_Shpex wrote:
Melee is too fast though while Brawl has perfect mix between fighting and pace. Although the tripping is redundant it's still better than Samus' glitch. The one in Melee where her grab and reach all the way across the a regular map practically. There's more glitches that make Melee a terrible game but that's the one I remember though. This is also why PSASBR is better than Smash in general. In general Smash games have too many glitches in them.

every game has glitches and while yes melee is glitchy i know for a fact that brawl wont be use because of tripping i know that some people cant even play brawl because of tripping so they would go to the one that dosent have tripping anyway if it brawl or melee end up at evo even though i know there are a whole lot of people who still dont think they arent a fighting game i wanna see how they would handle top tier characters

papertoonz
Songbird
Songbird

PSN : cj5_4_ever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:15 am

any way i could see smash getting in its great fun to watch but divekick would be so funny i laugh just thinking about it

quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Magical Zebras are cool. I must defend the world.

Post by chzrm3 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:22 am

Hmm. I dunno if I'd vote for PSASBR right away, I'd kind of like an established competitive scene before it's shown in front of people like that. It'd be kind of embarrassing otherwise! [Only mods are allowed to see this image]

As far as Melee, it's pretty much amazing. Also, a lot of the main techniques were left in intentionally. L-cancelling, for example, was a technique from the first game (you can even read about it in the instruction manual). The wavedash was something the development team discovered and then left in because they thought it had potential.

Even Sakurai, in interviews and stuff, refers to Melee as the best game of the series from a fighting standpoint. I can fish for the quotes real quick....

"....Melee sticks out far ahead of the pack in my mind."_"Melee
is the sharpest game in the series, It's pretty speedy all around &
asks a lot of your coordination skills. Fans of the first Smash Bros.
got into it quickly, & it just felt really good to play."_"I had
created Smash Bros. to be my response to how hardcore-exclusive the
fighting game genre had become over the years, but why did I target it
so squarely toward people well-versed in videogames?"-(Masahiro Sakurai on 12/08/2010)

Actually, all this talking about Smash is making me wanna vote for project M in Evo! [Only mods are allowed to see this image]

chzrm3
Sticker
Sticker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Razer_Shpex on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:37 am

chzrm3 wrote:Hmm. I dunno if I'd vote for PSASBR right away, I'd kind of like an established competitive scene before it's shown in front of people like that. It'd be kind of embarrassing otherwise! [Only mods are allowed to see this image]

As far as Melee, it's pretty much amazing. Also, a lot of the main techniques were left in intentionally. L-cancelling, for example, was a technique from the first game (you can even read about it in the instruction manual). The wavedash was something the development team discovered and then left in because they thought it had potential.

Even Sakurai, in interviews and stuff, refers to Melee as the best game of the series from a fighting standpoint. I can fish for the quotes real quick....

"....Melee sticks out far ahead of the pack in my mind."_"Melee
is the sharpest game in the series, It's pretty speedy all around &
asks a lot of your coordination skills. Fans of the first Smash Bros.
got into it quickly, & it just felt really good to play."_"I had
created Smash Bros. to be my response to how hardcore-exclusive the
fighting game genre had become over the years, but why did I target it
so squarely toward people well-versed in videogames?"-(Masahiro Sakurai on 12/08/2010)

Actually, all this talking about Smash is making me wanna vote for project M in Evo! [Only mods are allowed to see this image]
Project Melee is a lot of fun but due to it not being finished yet I would disagree.

Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Magical Zebras are cool. I must defend the world.

Post by chzrm3 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:58 am

Glad to hear you like it! [Only mods are allowed to see this image] Did you see they're doing a new demo soon? I'm really excited, two of the characters they're adding in are Squirtle and Ivysaur. I loved Pokemon Trainer in Brawl, so finally being able to properly play as all of them individually is gonna be amaaaazing!

Plus there's a great Spyro mod for Ivysaur. I already had Crash over Luigi, so with these two it'll be like my own little PSASBR.

chzrm3
Sticker
Sticker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Razer_Shpex on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:00 pm

Oh that's cool, I'll have to check out the new Project Melee DEMO. The one I played started out good but eventually it became extremely buggy and we were controlling each other in games.

Razer_Shpex
Lombax
Lombax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:13 pm

I love how they put Smash Bros. games on the vote even though they well know that they're not going to put Smash back on the tournament list until the next one comes out (and even then it'll be on for a year).

DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top