Just watched The Amazing Spiderman movie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just watched The Amazing Spiderman movie

Post by quackerzacher on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:17 am

Just watched The Amazing Spiderman movie that came out earlier this year and it was fantastic truly one of the best movies i have seen this year it was better than looper and on par with the batman and avengers movies DON'T write this movie off as i did it really is quite good also Emma Stone, that is all. 9/10
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

PSN : quackerzacher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Just watched The Amazing Spiderman movie

Post by Count Mario on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:57 pm

I liked The Amazing Spider-Man, (Even more than Spidey 1 and a little but past Web-Head 2, but it needlessly beats Web-Slinger 3) and it even turned out better than I thought it would. But I really think it's a bit unfair to compare it to the Dark knight Rises and especially The Avengers, those movies are literally the peak of superhero-esque movie perfection in my eyes. Amazing still had flaws and actually some plot-holes as well (Guy with super speed and a Spider-Sense can't dodge a bullet? Are you serious?). And while I thought that Andrew payed a great Spider-Man, I felt that he could work a bit more on Peter, although regardless I found that he did a decent job on him and more successfully than Tobey ever did.

I also loved how Marc Webb (The director) went through with truly showing Peter's intelligence, which is often underrated, by showing how he developed web-shooters (Which Peter actually uses to shot webs in his origins and recently, NOT organic webbing) and understanding cross-species genetics. And I felt that Peter and Gwen's relationship was a bit more realistic, but could've used some improvement (I mean, promises we can't keep are the best kind? Gwen should've knocked Peter silly after he dared to even consider saying that.). However, I thought the Lizard was done pretty well and Curt Connors' progression towards his "superior race" obsession greatly depicted his sanity's fall from grace. However, I really thought the after-credits teaser was unnecessary and a bit lackluster. I mean, I'm glad that we know that there are more players in this universe, but we have no idea who it is and it just failed to put in that much hype in people who weren't die-hard Spidey fans enough to know about his other villains, AKA, who the mysterious figure could possibly be.

Anyways, besides my long rant, I thought it was overall decent. The movie gets an 8/10 in my book, but I wouldn't mind people giving it a 7.5 either. Really looking forward to Amazing 2 and I really hope that the villain will be this fellow:

or this guy:

or this gentlemen:

or this young man:

or this fine chap:

or even this elderly veteran:

Honestly, there's a lot of Spidey villains that I'd like to see adapted into the films. If you knew who each of these people are, then good for you as you have enough credibility to call yourself a Spider-Man fan! Wink
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:22 pm

I liked the way that they changed peter parker I thought that they were taking a slightly new approach on the character which is good because we have already seen this the other peter parker a few years ago also i never liked just basic spiderman as much i was always a fan of amazing spiderman
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:38 pm

Same here. Any new villains you'd like to see in the sequel though?
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance_The_Knight on Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:22 am

I would give it a 6/10...
I didnt like the movie. It might just be me but it didnt seem right without tobey maguire. Rolling Eyes
Lance_The_Knight
You Gotta Believe!
You Gotta Believe!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:03 am

Actually, I've watched the original trilogy since as far as I can remember. Still liked Andrew better though. I mean, I liked Tobey, but if you're accustomed to reading the actual comics or maybe even just watching some animated shows of how Peter is portrayed (As a genius and how his life always collapses around him like he should be), and look at both movies, it just looks awkward with the direction they went for Tobey. I mean, his Peter Parker personally felt bland to me as w never really get to see the intelligence side, Spidey's famous quips (Yes, Spider-Man makes jokes. A lot. That's one of my biggest gripes about the original trilogy, how they made the general public not truly recognize Spidey's humor of how he tries to adjust to situations and attract attention), and he didn't truly feel like an outsider or somebody truly relatable, in my opinion.

I don't know, those are just my thoughts. I recognize that Tobey's the natural retrospective of Spidey when you think of the character, and I respect your opinion, but I really like the more accurate direction that Marc Webb decided for Andrew Garfield. In fact, I barely remember anything memorable for how Tobey went about as Peter Parker that I found truly iconic to be honest.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:48 am

I thought the old movies were really not great, they were just meh like all superhero movies up until iron man
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:15 pm

I also agree with Quacker on that one. However, Batman Begins is the one exception to that statement.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top