Your favorite game of all time

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Your favorite game of all time

Post by Frinker on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:39 pm

Beyond Good and Evil for me :)
Played this back in 2004, as a kid I always went for the games with the interesting box art and what it said on the back, I ended up playing the likes of Psychonauts, Sphinx and the Cursed mummy etc. Games that were under the rader of the general consumer but i always managed to get them. Beyond good and evil is one of these games, its a work of art to say the least. Amazing Story, characters and the best god damn soundtrack I ever heard. the gameplay, simple at time always feels great with awesome variety.Sequel is currently in the works for next gen consoles so Im chuffed. Check it out on PSN "beyond good and evil HD" Its a must!

Last edited by Frinker on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frinker
Death To All
Death To All

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your favorite game of all time

Post by Chaosdreams on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:41 pm

Aha, Xenosaga for sure. This game is what got me into writing and also had me pursing game development at one point. If I ever become a published author it'll be thanks to this beautiful game and its story line that spanned throughout three games. Should've been six but beggars can't be choosers. Right now I'm currently playing Xenoblade, a game from the same creator. Who knows, it could become my new favorite but it'll have to defeat nostalgia. :o

Good thread idea by the way.
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frinker on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Chaosdreams wrote:Aha, Xenosaga for sure. This game is what got me into writing and also had me pursing game development at one point. If I ever become a published author it'll be thanks to this beautiful game and its story line that spanned throughout three games. Should've been six but beggars can't be choosers. Right now I'm currently playing Xenoblade, a game from the same creator. Who knows, it could become my new favorite but it'll have to defeat nostalgia. :o

Awesome and thanks, that series seems to be cherished by many though i have never personally played any of them. Xenoblade has caught my eye for a while now, it looks like an amazing game, it makes me think WOW! If the Wii can pull off a game at a sheer scale like that, imagine a JRPG in that vain on the Ps3! Does the game Xenogears have any relation to these series by any chance? :P
Frinker
Death To All
Death To All

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:57 pm

Frinker wrote:
Chaosdreams wrote:Aha, Xenosaga for sure. This game is what got me into writing and also had me pursing game development at one point. If I ever become a published author it'll be thanks to this beautiful game and its story line that spanned throughout three games. Should've been six but beggars can't be choosers. Right now I'm currently playing Xenoblade, a game from the same creator. Who knows, it could become my new favorite but it'll have to defeat nostalgia. :o

Awesome and thanks, that series seems to be cherished by many though i have never personally played any of them. Xenoblade has caught my eye for a while now, it looks like an amazing game, it makes me think WOW! If the Wii can pull off a game at a sheer scale like that, imagine a JRPG in that vain on the Ps3! Does the game Xenogears have any relation to these series by any chance? :P

Unlike Xenogears (ps1) and Xenosaga (Ps2) and all of the debates saying that the two shared a similar connection. Such as a character sharing the same last name, a time line, ect. Xenoblade is completely separate and an entirely different story of its own. And it's fantastic. I only own three games for the Wii. The legend of Zelda: Skyward sword, which I still need to play, only 7 hours so far. Xenoblade, and the Last Story. The three of them are pure gems.

And I guess the last thing I can say is, to me, Xenosaga was on par with FFX. It didn't have the superb cut-scenes, but the cut-scenes were still very good. The story was fantastic and on par, the game-play was fantastic and on par though more in depth. Overall a great trilogy worth picking up. Honestly, if it has "Xeno" at the beginning, buy it if you can lol.
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrEpic on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:58 pm

I dont know.... Couldn't possibly be InFAMOUS...
MrEpic
PACL Champion
PACL Champion

PSN : MrEpic1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frinker on Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:14 pm

Ahh makes sense,though I if i recall the Xenosaga were split into episodes, I only ever saw the Second episode i think (chick with motorbike on cover) here in the UK years ago, checked on Amazona nd looks like theres no PAL versions of Episode 1 and 3 how odd,funny enough I was actually going to check them a couple of months ago, wanted to get into some Ps2 JRPGS since id only played the really popular ones ( FFX, KH and DQ Cool I think there was confusion regarding the episodes which left me to leave the series until i was able to acquire them all! Instead I picked up Persona 3 and Dark cloud 2 which are top notch games. I would like to see them re-release Xenosaga in its full form in HD as a collection, now that would be very convinient indeed!

Also Mrepic, infamous is a very wise choice, miss your piggy though :'(
Frinker
Death To All
Death To All

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:32 pm

mine would be FFX, UC3 or MGS3 cant decide

@mrepic what infamous though 1 or 2 and i miss the pig too
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

PSN : quackerzacher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frinker on Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:59 pm

quackerzacher wrote:mine would be FFX, UC3 or MGS3 cant decide

@mrepic what infamous though 1 or 2 and i miss the pig too

I love all those games and MGS 3 is my favorite in the series however UC2> UC3 and FF7> FFX for me : :P
Frinker
Death To All
Death To All

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Merric on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:12 pm

Mother 3 or Radiant Historia! Cool Best games ever just to hard to decide...
Merric
Mmm Cake
Mmm Cake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frinker on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:29 pm

wow wasn't expecting that a in all seriousness :p What with that crafty, thieving raccoon decorated all over your profile!
Frinker
Death To All
Death To All

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:43 pm

Probably either Super Mario Galaxy 2, Sonic Generations, or The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

...I'll go back to my cave now. :(
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:45 pm

Count Mario wrote:Probably either Super Mario Galaxy 2, Sonic Generations, or The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

There's a rank for that. When it's implemented.
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frinker on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:54 pm

Count Mario wrote:Probably either Super Mario Galaxy 2, Sonic Generations, or The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

Dude no the trolls live in the cave!! Anyway Mario galaxy is up there with uncharted and rayman origins as one of my favorites of this gen, im dying to get my hands on the second. I have also sworn an oath not to get SS until i beat TP which could take a while :P
Frinker
Death To All
Death To All

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:04 pm

Frinker wrote:

Dude no the trolls live in the cave!! Anyway Mario galaxy is up there with uncharted and rayman origins as one of my favorites of this gen, im dying to get my hands on the second. I have also sworn an oath not to get SS until i beat TP which could take a while :P
I've actually relayed TP enough times to actually fully memorize how to do a full playthrough of the game and ace every dungeon without going online for information or referring to my strategy guide even once. I'm dead serious.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frinker on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:08 pm

Count Mario wrote:
Frinker wrote:

I've actually relayed TP enough times to actually fully memorize how to do a full playthrough of the game and ace every dungeon without going online for information or referring to my strategy guide even once. I'm dead serious.
Haha awesome!! fancy being my human walkthrough over Skype? :D Just kidding, ive got the strategy guide actually, Ill get down to buisness some time soon
Frinker
Death To All
Death To All

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:10 pm

How far are you in TP?
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frinker on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:12 pm

Not far at all, basically ive aquired my signature Link gear and am heading to what seem to be a forest dungeon to rescue my pal! ive been palying Ocarina of time 3D too, entering the forest temple on that too :)
Frinker
Death To All
Death To All

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:15 pm

lol, Dang. That's pretty early. But I promise you that it only gets better as you go along. Trust me. :D
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frinker on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:21 pm

Count Mario wrote:lol, Dang. That's pretty early. But I promise you that it only gets better as you go along. Trust me. :D

I know it will :D Only reason I kind of left it there was despite me enjoying the game, (I actually really loved the village part even though some say its boring D:), at this moment in time Im not in the mood for brain teaser games, if that makes any sense, like im in the mood to play games like kingdom hearts or uncharted where I can basically just annihilate trillions of enemies at simultaneously without a care in the world. I heard twilight princess and its dungeons can be tricky and even know I have the strategy guide im leaving it to the right time where I can just sit down put my thinking cap on and get on with it! ive got alot on my mind atm, so im trying to make my gaming schedule as stress free as possible XD Im sure you will understand!
Frinker
Death To All
Death To All

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:25 pm

That's perfectly understandable actually. I'm thinking about playing Heavy Rain in a half hour and doing Ethan's first trial. (I watched the whole playthrough and decided to buy the game, just so you know. I want to slap myself now ever since I told you that I thought that it "wasn't my type of game".)
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frinker on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:32 pm

Glad to hear :) Great purchase there, knew you would like it despite what you said Wink Im actually gonna replay it, choose different outcomess, see what ending I get, somehow got the perfect ending on my first shot which was pretty cool! You gonna get beyond 2 souls? Looks to be potentially better than heavy rain!
Frinker
Death To All
Death To All

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:37 pm

While I love how Beyond looks and will get it, I think I'll still prefer Heavy Rain more. I don't know, that's just me. I think I like Heavy Rain's theme and characters more, I guess. I mean, I had grown so attached to Scott that I actually refused to believe that he was the killer when he was burning all of the evidence, yet I knew he's where all the evidence linked up. I only accepted it when madison went through his apartment and I saw all the proof. Quantic Dream is going to have to really knock me out of my boots if they plan on surpassing its quality. But that's only one of the many things I love about Heavy Rain. And I do support Ethan Mars getting in All-Stars, if you were wondering.

However, I should reserve my judgement until I actually play Beyond: Two Souls. :) Don't get me wrong, I think it looks GREAT.

Last edited by Count Mario on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by I_Am_With_Stupid on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:37 pm

Crash Bandicoot: Warped
Dark Cloud
Final Fantasy VII
I_Am_With_Stupid
You Gotta Believe!
You Gotta Believe!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Merric on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:39 pm

Frinker wrote:wow wasn't expecting that a in all seriousness :p What with that crafty, thieving raccoon decorated all over your profile!

That's just because Sly is part of my childhood and this is A playstation forum. In any other forum I probably wouldn't have sly on my profile at all! xD
Merric
Mmm Cake
Mmm Cake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frinker on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:42 pm

I_Am_With_Stupid wrote:Crash Bandicoot: Warped
Dark Cloud
Final Fantasy VII

Cool choices, Ive only played Dark Cloud 2 and i love it, out of curiosity why do you prefer the first? :)

Also merric, I understand, thats kinda like me with rayman!
Frinker
Death To All
Death To All

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum