Silent Hill

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Silent Hill

Post by Pyro-Hem on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:18 am

Decided to make a thread on Silent Hill altogether because I, and a few others, are big fans of the series. I'm interested in seeing people's opinions on Silent Hill as a whole.

Check out the most recent game:

IMO I didn't like this game at first. Mostly because, to me, it just wasn't Silent Hill. I watched trailers and played the demo on the Vita, and although it is fun, I think that they could have made it it's own game. It's just too much of an action dungeon game so, as of now, I'm just looking at it as if it's a whole different game altogether.

Now, I want to see your guy's opinions on Silent Hill altogether, meaning past, present, and future of the franchise. Do you like SH, what are your favorite games, what's your favorite thing about the games, how do you feel about the way the franchise is going, etc. Movie talk is welcome as well, but let's just focus most of our attention on the games.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Hill

Post by Omega Rez on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:35 am

i have the first silent hill sitting on my drawer for the ps1 but havent played it much cuz i've been wrapped up in dcuo. i remember back when this game was coming out for the ps1 i was like 6 or 7 and i played the demo and it scared the shit outta me
Omega Rez
New Challenger
New Challenger

PSN : Omega_Rez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:20 am

I actually have never completed a silent hill game. I am a huge horror fan though so I really like the plot (from what I understand of it) of the whole franchise and although fans of the game may hate on the movies.. I for one actually like them. Seeing those nurses always creep me out :P

PS JRPGs and true survival horror games (resident evil doesn't count) are the genres that kick my ass because they are soo different from other games. Thats why I haven't beaten silent hill or attempted to really
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrEpic on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:40 am

I acually got the first game for the PS3 a couple weeks ago, I've been caught up in the beta to play it though..
MrEpic
PACL Champion
PACL Champion

PSN : MrEpic1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xVincore on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:09 am

I've completed all of them besides downpour...but I have to say...this made me so excited til' I realized how cheap of a port it was...They murdered perfection of horror since then...Honestly nothing compares to Silent Hill 1-4...

Also..I don't understand why Konami chose to put pyramid head...in practically every game...isn't he a delusion of ONLY James Sunderland and his inner sadistic tendencies..?
xVincore
Tingle
Tingle

PSN : xVincore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:21 pm

That's a great question. Of what I can tell, there are actually multiple Pyramid Heads in the SH universe. If you didn't know already, Pyramid Head is representative of the punishment that the character must endure before he/she can leave Silent Hill and, although a little hard to believe, is actually supposed to guide the protagonist to enlightenment. Once the character finally gets out of Silent Hill, P-Head's duty is done and will actually kill itself, or another P-Head will come and kill it. So, technically, every person in Silent Hill could have their own Pyramid Head...

But that's just me speculating... :P Silent Hill stuff is very complicated...
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrEpic on Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:06 pm

Pyro-Hem wrote:That's a great question. Of what I can tell, there are actually multiple Pyramid Heads in the SH universe. If you didn't know already, Pyramid Head is representative of the punishment that the character must endure before he/she can leave Silent Hill and, although a little hard to believe, is actually supposed to guide the protagonist to enlightenment. Once the character finally gets out of Silent Hill, P-Head's duty is done and will actually kill itself, or another P-Head will come and kill it. So, technically, every person in Silent Hill could have their own Pyramid Head...

But that's just me speculating... :P Silent Hill stuff is very complicated...

To summarize what you're saying and I'm thinking:

Everyone has sin, therefore, everybody has a pyramid head, a punishment for sin.
MrEpic
PACL Champion
PACL Champion

PSN : MrEpic1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:28 pm

I have never played a Silent Hill game o.O however, once I get a PS3 again I'm getting the HD Collection and 3. I heard they were the best. Which one's the scariest in your alls opinion?
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Trey-Caige

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xVincore on Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:33 pm

Trey-Caige II wrote:I have never played a Silent Hill game o.O however, once I get a PS3 again I'm getting the HD Collection and 3. I heard they were the best. Which one's the scariest in your alls opinion?

The Silent Hill HD Collection Port is horrendous, you're actually better off playing it on PS2. Sadly, Silent Hill 2 & 3 are my Personal favorites.
xVincore
Tingle
Tingle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:45 pm

I agree. Silent Hill 2 and 3 are the best, but that HD collection just ruins them... If you're brand new, then you probably won't see anything wrong, but for people that have played and loved 2 and 3, it's not pretty... Get the originals on PS2, on Ebay or something, or, if you don't have a PS2, you could always get an emulator... But that can get complicated...
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:43 am

Pyramid head=punishment I can see.. Those pair of legs definitely got a big dose of that but pyramid actually guiding you to enlightenment sounds a bit crazy to me o.O lol those japanese have a weird imagination..

I personally like the fact though that rather it just being a demented little town with your worst nightmares stalking you all through out the fog, its MUCH much more than that. I will never understand it completely but still, silent hill was a unique take the whole horror genre
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:50 pm

There's too many little details in each game, maybe not for the newer ones, that point in hundreds of directions... It's just odd. Which makes it all super interesting.
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xVincore on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:53 pm

god-of-paradise wrote:Pyramid head=punishment I can see.. Those pair of legs definitely got a big dose of that but pyramid actually guiding you to enlightenment sounds a bit crazy to me o.O lol those japanese have a weird imagination..

I personally like the fact though that rather it just being a demented little town with your worst nightmares stalking you all through out the fog, its MUCH much more than that. I will never understand it completely but still, silent hill was a unique take the whole horror genre

That's the true horror genre...Now horror is all jumpscares...Makes me sad when I wake up and see the newest Paramnormal Activy 647 trailer ..

The horror genre has become all action..
xVincore
Tingle
Tingle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey-Caige II on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:18 pm

So the HD Collections suck that bad? Damn. I thought maybe the reviews were over reacting. :/ I'll get the PS2 versions then when I get the chance. Cheaper anyway :D
Trey-Caige II
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : Trey-Caige

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:19 pm

I just played through PT with a friend. It was alright, nothing special to me. I'm immune to horror though lol so don't take that as definitive. It was more frustrating than scary to us lol.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top