General Comics and Related media discussion.

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General Comics and Related media discussion.

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun May 03, 2015 4:46 pm

Real_Radec13 wrote:So anyone watch Avengers Age of Ultron yet? I did and I thought it was awesome
saw it last weekend. 

Twas amazing. IMO Better than the first
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Real_Radec13 on Sun May 03, 2015 5:03 pm

Yeah I'll post some of my favourite parts (HEAVY SPOILERS FOLLOW)

Spoiler:

- Just the team interacting with each other. I loved them fighting together and all the witty banter between them.

- I thought Ultron was finally another good villain other than Loki. The scene between him and Vision at the end was great

- Newcomers Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and Vision I thought were great. The death scene of Quicksilver really got me and the audience I was with in the theatre

- Hawkeye was really the standout character in the movie. Whedon clearly focused on developing him. His speech to Scarlet Witch was one of my favourite scenes.

- The new team which consists of Cap, Widow, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Falcon, and War Machine. Can't wait to see these guys in Civil War.

Yeah man I went to the premiere and it was a blast. Gonna try to watch it again soon.
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

PSN : Duck_mann86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun May 03, 2015 8:49 pm

Best Marvel movie to date. Marvel has really been stepping their game up since Winter Soldier. They may even finally Thor: Ragnarok the first universally acclaimed Thor movie without diverse opinions if they keep this streak up.

As for your points, Radec:

Spoiler:
I agree with all of them. I've seen people online lowballing Ultron, but I thought he was actually fantastic. I'm even in favor with all the changes to him, since being linked with Iron Man instead of Ant-Man makes more sense technology-wise and I liked the twist of how he was envious of humanity and wanted to help it evoke, contrasting with his bland cliche "ERADICATE HUMANITY" shtick in the comics. And I noticed how much Hawkeye stood out and really appreciate it. Everyone keeps talking about Black Widow deserving a solo film and more recognition by Marvel, but I always felt the purple archer had unnoticed potential. If anything, we should get a Hawkeye/Widow prequel of how they met. I liked Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch as well, and actually felt for QS' death (and thank God that Marvel actually went through with a death for freaking once, although being honest, I would've liked to see the silver speedster live deep down).

My only nitpicks are that, personally, I feel like Vision could've gotten more screen time and recognition in the plot. He got some scenes, sure, but I felt like compared to how much all of the other characters got expanded, Vision felt a bit like a plot-device, which is sad. I would've liked to see more interaction between him and Ultron, as I feel that the whole Ultron wanting a more human form side plot as a whole could've been fleshed out more. But that's just me, and what we got still wasn't bad. Him being worthy was a bit hilarious lol. I just can't help but feel like Ultron's motivation to be more human-esque was a bit, not rushed because it made sense with his character, but pushed off. Him and Vision have a great tragic father-son dynamic in the comics that I felt could've been honed in more. Ultron was still a great, or maybe even the best MCU villain, I just wanted a bit more.

My other nitpick is Anthony Mackie as Falcon not being seen more. Why did Don Cheadle get so much screen time as War Machine, along with actually helping out in the fight, but Falcon got sidelined to only appear at the party and the ending? C'mon, I know that everyone would've been in awe at the hilarity that would ensue from both War Machine and Falcon, the two flying wisecracking black guys with machine suits of the Avengers, beating the hell out of Ultron bots by the Helicarrier.

But I will bring in one point that I liked. The Avengers finally noticing he importance of the Infinity Stones and Thanos getting off of his fatass. Even though Thor somehow being the only one seeing the future from his Scarlet Witch-induced visions (which doesn't even make any sense, you can't see visions of the future from a dream inspired by your personal struggles. Even if Heimdall was in that dream, his powers can't extend out of Thor's mind like that. I guess they passed it off as a "I'm a god, so it's alright", but I still thought it was weird), not to mention that lake plot device just coming out of freaking nowhere, but I could forgive it since the MCU is finally gearing towards the bigger picture now.

Oh, and Nick Fury did not need to be in that film, but I didn't mind it at all lol. The New Avengers were a nice touch.

Can't wait for Civil War. I was skeptical of it at first, but it might work now if Marvel plays their cards right. And at least Iron Man has a reason to be a douche in this film than being a hypocrite in the comics.

Last edited by Count Mario on Sun May 03, 2015 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun May 03, 2015 9:00 pm

Spoiler:
well the MCU has always been gearing towards this, but its been little hints, now its fully blown out there.

So its gonna be fun.

Also Hulkbuster fight YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Eh i can't really fault much. it even felt like the characters power actually lined up with their comic counterparts to a degree. Thor blowing up the whole City? Scarlet Witch blowing up all the things?
Vision Laser beams from the infinity Gem? I loved all that.

Now the question is, how many of these guys will continue on in the MCU?
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun May 03, 2015 9:16 pm

Spoiler:
Of course it's all been building up to Infinity War. It's just that I've seen complaints building up of how Thanos doesn't even have one IG yet and how the Avengers are still oblivious as a whole to the rest of the MCU outside of the Chitauri, so I'm glad AoU finally cleared all of that up.

Considering how Spidey, Strange, Panther, and MAAAAAAYYYBEEEEEEE Black Bolt inevitably joining the Avengers, I definitely expect some spots to open up. I almost put Captain Marvel in there, but I think because of cast constraints and the current comic status-quo, she would probably be better off in the Guardians of the Galaxy. As for the New Avengers, someone to die in Civil War to parallel Cap's death in order to open up a new spot. Maybe Falcon or War Machine if the curse of two black guys being in one cast with one of them inevitably dying follows from the Walking Dead. I can tell you that I definitely don't think Hulk's out of the game for good. He'll probably resurface in Infinity War to save the day and get major applause from the audience from shock value. Scarlet and Vision's romance will most likely be explored considering how he saved her in AoU (let's just hope that Wanda doesn't go all House of M on the MCU lol, but being serious, she doesn't seem to have any reality warping powers in favor of pure telekinesis/fear inducement). 

By the way, battle forums are already saying that Ultron and Vision stomp MoS Supes. I loved them in AoU, but... Thor's city-busting feat does make for some good arguments in that type of discussion though.

By the way, lpool, you watch DD yet?
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun May 03, 2015 9:43 pm

Count Mario wrote:
Spoiler:
Of course it's all been building up to Infinity War. It's just that I've seen complaints building up of how Thanos doesn't even have one IG yet and how the Avengers are still oblivious as a whole to the rest of the MCU outside of the Chitauri, so I'm glad AoU finally cleared all of that up.

Considering how Spidey, Strange, Panther, and MAAAAAAYYYBEEEEEEE Black Bolt inevitably joining the Avengers, I definitely expect some spots to open up. I almost put Captain Marvel in there, but I think because of cast constraints and the current comic status-quo, she would probably be better off in the Guardians of the Galaxy. As for the New Avengers, someone to die in Civil War to parallel Cap's death in order to open up a new spot. Maybe Falcon or War Machine if the curse of two black guys being in one cast with one of them inevitably dying follows from the Walking Dead. I can tell you that I definitely don't think Hulk's out of the game for good. He'll probably resurface in Infinity War to save the day and get major applause from the audience from shock value. Scarlet and Vision's romance will most likely be explored considering how he saved her in AoU (let's just hope that Wanda doesn't go all House of M on the MCU lol, but being serious, she doesn't seem to have any reality warping powers in favor of pure telekinesis/fear inducement). 

By the way, battle forums are already saying that Ultron and Vision stomp MoS Supes. I loved them in AoU, but... Thor's city-busting feat does make for some good arguments in that type of discussion though.

By the way, lpool, you watch DD yet?
Spoiler:
Honestly, cause Contracts, Cap is marked for Death. So is Tony in a way (JUST LIKE IN THE COMICS!) and maybe Widow so the Hulks story ends tragic.

Honestly...Yeah. Vision (Infinity Gem) Ultron (All Vibranium, which in The MCU Is Caps Shield essentially) Thor, and Maybe even Witch should all Stomp MoS Supes, as they win every stat minus Speed.  

Exams coming up. Soon.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun May 03, 2015 9:54 pm

Spoiler:
The thing is that they lack feats though. And even though Ultron is made of Vibranium, his models kept getting wrecked by the Avengers as the battles went on, so someone on Supes' level can take him without too much effort through super strength and heat vision. Ultron's suits don't have anywhere near the durability that Cap's shield has despite his final model being made from the same source. As for Vision, he has the potential to, but the movie barely even dived into what his powers can do and he suffers from lack of feats as we've only seen the laser (in which he only blasted random Ultron bots and needed to join in a joint attack with Thor and Iron Man to put down pin down Ultron), along with phasing his arms through a couple bots.  Vision has the potential, but he needs more showings, and I'm still willing to argue that Ultron can't put up much more or even as much of a fight then Zod. Thor and Scarlet Witch though definitely have the potential in contrast, although Scarlet is a bit debatable if it's not a random encounter and Supes speed blitzes for the kill.

That might be for the best so that there's less time to wait for Jessica Jones once your hype meter rockets off the roof lol.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun May 03, 2015 10:00 pm

Count Mario wrote:
Spoiler:
The thing is that they lack feats though. And even though Ultron is made of Vibranium, his models kept getting wrecked by the Avengers as the battles went on, so someone on Supes' level can take him without too much effort through super strength and heat vision. Ultron's suits don't have anywhere near the durability that Cap's shield has despite his final model being made from the same source. As for Vision, he has the potential to, but the movie barely even dived into what his powers can do and he suffers from lack of feats as we've only seen the laser (in which he only blasted random Ultron bots and needed to join in a joint attack with Thor and Iron Man to put down pin down Ultron), along with phasing his arms through a couple bots.  Vision has the potential, but he needs more showings, and I'm still willing to argue that Ultron can't put up much more or even as much of a fight then Zod. Thor and Scarlet Witch though definitely can or at this point though.

That might be for the best so that there's less time to wait for Jessica Jones once your hype meter rockets off the roof lol.
Spoiler:
Most Ultron Models were basically Rip Iron Man Armors. Worse.

No the one that Solos is the one that took Iron Man, Thor an Vision to put down and Witch to take out. He's the only one made of Vibranium. Which gives em all the feast Necessary. He's has he Dura of Caps shield, able to tank hits from the most powerful avengers, Visions beam tore up his face and Witch Killed him. There, they all have the Feats required honestly. Cause that puts Witch and Vision at REALLY high DC and Ultron with insane Dura from Scaling to the Shield.

And Thor is Thor

Ehh Exams end in a month so i can wait

Need Netflix though...

Real question is have YOU Watched Lex V iron Man
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun May 03, 2015 10:08 pm

Spoiler:
True, true. But the problem with Ultron isn't his admantium durability, but his offense. Which sort of sucks when Cap, who barely scrapes the bottom of the superhuman physical stats barrel, is able to contend in a street brawl with him (not to mention the couple of times Hulk was able to surprise and throw him kilometers away for comic relief), and we're talking about putting him up with a Kryptonian now. While durability is on Ultron's side, I think Clark has the power to eventually deal up the damage that the Avengers did over the course of the third act of the film. I'll admit that I was lowballing Ultron a bit at first, but I still hand it to Clark in the long run. It would be a good fight though, don't get me wrong.

I've been tempted to watch it, but time hasn't been on my side with schoolwork and other shows to catch up on lately lol.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun May 03, 2015 10:12 pm

Count Mario wrote:
Spoiler:
True, true. But the problem with Ultron isn't his admantium durability, but his offense. Which sort of sucks when Cap is able to contend in a street brawl with him (not to mention the couple of times Hulk was able to surprise and throw him kilometers away for comic relief), and we're talking about putting him up with a Kryptonian now. While durability is on Ultron's side, I think Clark has the power to eventually deal up the damage that the Avengers did over the course of the third act of the film. I'll admit that I was lowballing Ultron a bit at first, but I still hand it to Clark in the long run. It would be a good fight though, don't get me wrong.

I've been tempted to watch it, but time hasn't been on my side with schoolwork and other shows to catch up on lately lol.
Spoiler:
again, He was...kinda kicking Caps butt no problem. Honestly in even fights he squared off against any avenger and won. He put Thor down in seconds. MoS Supes has nothing on that. Your thinking of it in terms of Comic Kryptonians, we can't scale him to those yet.

WAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHH IIIIIITTTTTTTTT

Its the best Marvel v DC fight yet, probably the best animation ever.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun May 03, 2015 10:32 pm

Spoiler:
He did beat Cap, but it wasn't a straight up stomp though since they were able to trade blows for a little while. It's hard to see Supes with his strength and speed not pulling a Winter Soldier with the shield and just flicking Cap away in about ten seconds. And it's hard to really gauge how much credit he should get against the Avengers with his trusty Ultron army always backing him as distractions. And I'm trying my best not to have comic feats clouding my mind, trust me. I also have to bring up how Thor tends to old back when with the Avengers, both in-comics and in-movies (although I'd wager that compared to willingly doing it in the former, the plot sort of underscores Thor a bit to compliment the other Avengers. Which I don't mind as I don't want him to just sweep house and have the whole team get their chance to shine, but still. And Ultron never really got a full fight with anyone besides Tony and BFRing Cap from on top of the truck after their skirmish as the battles often kept shifting with Vision and Hulk often having the element of surprise (and if you're willing to argue that the fight with Vision was more of a proper showdown, that only helps my point as I hardly see why Supes can't easily replicate the damage that at least Vision did to him with his flight, strength, and heat vision in place of the Mind Gem laser as Vision sort of did have him on the ropes for a bit)not to mention that the earlier Iron Man instance was from a previous inferior Ultron model), and taking that into account with the Ultron bot mayhem constantly shifting the Avengers all over the place (not to mention most of the Avengers having human stats and the Ultron bot armor tearing apart like paper mache despite being based off of Tony's tech by Clint, Natasha, Pietro, and Wanda, which I doubt they could ever do to Tony's mk. 43 suit as easily), it's really hard to gauge, honestly.

Regardless though, I'm sure we'll get a surefire answer when we see Supes go up against Bats. In which he'll get his ass beat plenty due to prep time and arguable PIS, which will make your support for Ultron inevitably valid lol.

I'll watch it after a couple more episodes of this anime called Monster lol.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Real_Radec13 on Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Yeah guys Daredevil is fucking awesome. Once it I finished the series I was like Matt Murdock needs to be with the Avengers at some point.

Spoiler:

I hope that the rumored extended cut comes to the blu ray. I feel like Thor's spirit quest thing was rushed. Also Cap throwing the motorcycle was awesome

Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

PSN : Duck_mann86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat May 09, 2015 5:19 pm

Sorry, Radec, but I'd prefer DD to stay street-level. I really don't want the MCU to turn into a "You're in the Avengers, and YOU'RE in the Avengers!", although a cameo in a movie like Civil War or Infinity War would be nice.

Spoiler:
And I mentioned that Thor's vision quest was rushed myself, and barely even makes sense when you think about it.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

View previous topic View next topic Back to top