General Comics and Related media discussion.

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General Comics and Related media discussion.

Post by Count Mario on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:03 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/25/ben-afflecks-batman-vs-superman-schedule

Rumors are circulating that Affleck's on for multiple DC movies, so you better get used to him.

And just because it was part of a funny comment.

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:24 pm

My girlfriend pointed out the truest statement I've heard in a while. This outrage is the exact same thing as when people said Dark Knight would be awful because some gay cowboy was gonna be Joker.

Edit: I still wanted Adam West the most btw. Affleck was a good choice in the end.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:29 pm

I realized that as soon as he was revealed, but yes, you are absolutely right, DP. I say that we wait until we see some footage in, say, 2014.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:58 pm

I said that too just saying.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:06 pm

Still, once Affleck can be proven to be a decent Batman, NOBODY has the right to complain about actor choices for superhero movies with successful franchises before footage is shown. It'll still happen, mind you, but their integrity will be fully stripped.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:47 pm

It Is already. Best castings in these movies are the ones the internet in its infinite wisdom hates.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:49 pm

I know. But fanboys praise Batman like he's God. This is the final nail in the coffin for this deadbeat cliche fan response.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:06 pm

I know. Superman prime is god jeez.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:35 pm

C'mon Dan, please let Flash stay as Venom. <3 I'm beginning to fear that we may have a "Superior Venom" comic.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:59 pm

I have to say, I'm hyped. I just don't want Flash ripped from the suit though, since it's too early for him (just ask Anti-Venom). But I'll read the story, regardless.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Real_Radec13 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:57 pm

Confirmed. Bradley Cooper will now be joining the Cooper Clan.

and he will be voicing Rocket Raccoon
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

PSN : Duck_mann86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:03 pm

I posted the rumor and made the same reference. pissed
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Real_Radec13 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:19 pm

But honestly forgot you said that. Now its confirmed
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:40 pm

Spider-Man 2099 could have a new on-going.

Interviewer: I'm reminded while talking about this of Dan Slott and Ryan Stegman's reintroduction of Spider-Man 2099, which hasn't been used in quite a while. With potentially valuable pieces of the Marvel U like that, how often would you say folks in Editorial are actively looking for a way to work them back in versus how much you just have to wait for a creator to come to you?

Alonso: It's just part of an ongoing dialog between writer and editor. Sometimes an editor makes a suggestion; sometime it's the writer. Dan had a very good reason to dust off Spider-Man 2099 and bring him back onto the playing field, and it fit into his long-term Spider-Man plans. By the time Dan's worked his magic, who knows -- maybe Spider-Man 2099 could anchor his own monthly series?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=47639

This isn't the first time I've heard this, as well. I know that I'd definitely buy iy. I only own one Spidey 2099 issue (issue 2), but ever since then (and through countless hours of research), I love Miguel O'Hara.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:41 pm

People are saying that this is for Nightcrawler returning, but Marvel already confirmed that. I think this is actually Sentry coming back. You know, because Sentries are vigilant. He also says vigilant a LOT. Not to mention that he's also dead.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:47 pm

So... this happened.

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:59 pm

So... my fourth revival of this thread. Well, I hope that this is major enough for you guys.

http://www.newsarama.com/18870-invaders-inhuman-lead-all-new-marvel-now-lineup-this-winter.html

Yep. Starting December, we're getting All-New Marvel Now, with Inhuman and All-New Invaders being the first two new series. Additionally, specific issues of current ongoing series will have All-New Marvel Now banners, signifying that they contain digital codes for the first few issues of that series, thus helping new readers get up to speed. I have to say, this is pretty epic.

The Marvel NOW! logo looks to be disappearing from the covers of Marvel Comics in December as the publisher announced today that they will indeed launch the long-rumored second phase of the publishing initiative–now titled “All-New Marvel NOW” and featuring a handful of new titles as well as a new look for the covers that doesn’t feature the Marvel NOW! logo.
All-New Marvel NOW begins December 24 with Avengers No. 24.NOW, according to USA Today.
The issue appears to feature a new “#1″ logo on the cover along with “Rogue Planet,” which we’re assuming is the title of the arc. They may, then, be using a philosophy similar to that used in Amelia Cole–keeping the numbering of the actual title constant but then also having numbering depicted on the cover that indicates the issue’s place in the current story and therefore never rises so high as to seem daunting to new readers.
Select NOW issues of ongoing series will also have a digital code for the first collection of issues in the hopes of getting new or lapsed readers caught up.
“If you haven’t been reading Hulk or Captain America or Thor, here’s a spot where you can start cleanly and get on board,” said Marvel executive editor Tom Brevoort.
Along with the new cover treatment for Avengers, USA Today has cover art for Inhuman by Matt Fraction and Joe Madiurera andAll-New Invaders by James Robinson and Steve Pugh. They also affirm earlier reports that both Black Widow and Silver Surfercomics are coming soon.
“Our catalog rolls deep,” says Marvel editor in chief Axel Alonso, “and it’s giving people fresh, new voices, breathing new life into characters that quite frankly just deserve their own spotlight.”

New Silver Surfer comics... 

All I need now is a new Spider-Man 2099 ongoing and Miles still having his own solo title in the main MU.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Real_Radec13 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:16 pm

So Paul Rudd as Ant-Man and Baron von Strucker rumored to be in Age of Ultron. Thoughts?
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:26 pm

Paul Rudd as Scott Lang. Called it.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:03 am

Well... it was inevitable, especially with the new movie coming out soon. I was just hoping that it would last until 2015.

Now, there are still a whole bunch of possibilities here. Considering how Superior Spider-Man has been the best-selling ongoing Marvel comic every month since its debut, I doubt that it would legitimately get canceled. Also, there is still the possibility that this comic will follow in the footsteps of the point issues of 700 in which it will take place in the past, which would make sense and would ease my concerns completely (after all, Savage Wolverine is doing that). And another reason why I could see Otto still being the main Spider-Man is this:

A murder mystery is afoot in the Marvel Universe.
When the all-seeing, all-knowing Uatu the Watcheris found dead in his lunar lair, the Avengers and the rest of Earth's superheroes scramble to keep their deepest and darkest secrets from being revealed, in Marvel Comics' annual major crossover eventOriginal Sin, launching in May.

"It's all the skeletons, all the dark things that you never know, all the interesting and intriguing information — not all of it even bad," says Marvel executive editor Tom Brevoort. "And it will all expand out into dozens of stories that will cut to the core of who these characters are."

Written by Jason Aaron and drawn by Mike Deodato Jr., the main Original Sin series runs eight issues over four months and focuses on the search for the culprit.

Former S.H.I.E.L.D. super-spy Nick Fury is "the grizzled Marvel superhero version of an old homicide detective" who assembles Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and others for the main manhunt, Aaron says. Meanwhile, another group including the Punisher, Doctor Strange, Emma Frost, Ant-Man andBlack Panther conducts its own investigation.

The bigger problem, though, is whoever killed the Watcher also ransacked his place on the moon, stealing powerful objects as well as all the information he's been gathering since the beginning of the Marvel Universe.

Those hidden histories will come out in the wash through tie-in issues in various Marvel series where folks such as Wolverine and Spider-Man will have to deal with the individual fallout.
Whereas last year's Infinity main event was galactic in scale, "the stakes involved inOriginal Sin are much more personally involved," Brevoort says. "It's all the characters having to deal with something that really throws their whole world for a loop in a very cutting-close-to-the-heart way."

Old superspy Nick Fury turns detective and assembles a team to make sure heroes' deep, dark secrets aren't revealed in "Original Sin."(Photo: Marvel Comics)

A special Original Sin zero issue in April by writer Mark Waid and artist Jim Cheungacts as a prelude, focusing on the strange yet emotional kinship between the Watcher and the young hero Nova.

For those with no idea who the bald, toga-wearing Uatu is, "that book will get you up to speed and give you everything you need to know so he can die in the very next issue," says Brevoort.
Original Sin marks the biggest Marvel comic to date for Aaron, who also pens Thor: God of Thunder. He says he's enjoying bringing fresh ideas into the book, such as the team-up of the Punisher and Doctor Strange and "writing them as like a buddy-cop movie."

There will be plenty of suspects and suspense as to the identity of the killer, Brevoort says, "and the final act of the thing will set people on their heels."

However, Original Sin is "not a game of Clue," Aaron says. "It's not just about guessing which one of these five people pulled the trigger. There's a bigger overall mystery than that."

Now, just by that description of this event, it's evident that this would be the ideal time for Superior's true identity to be in danger of being discovered, which is the only legit reason I see Spider-Man apparently playing a key role in this. Why jeopardize that opportunity with bringing Parker back? Regardless, my only main worry though is that regardless of what this will be that it will take away sales form Superior akin to when Superman returned after his death in the 80's, which I can see happening indefinitely after all of the positive feedback that sparked from Superior despite the amount of doubt before.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:24 pm

After the events of Forever Evil, Lex Luthor and Captain Cold are joining the Justice League.

Notice how Superman and Flash aren't present. And I'm not against this at all, I think that it would be quite interesting to see Lex try to be a hero Superior-style.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:35 pm

Superior Spider-Man vs. Justice League Lex!
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:36 pm

...I'm getting someone to draw this. Seriously.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Real_Radec13 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:49 pm

With the recent news that Vision will be in Avengers Age of Ultron, I got more excited for this film. So far this is the roster

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Vision

That's 9 right there. But it's possible that there could be more. Don Cheadle said he is in the film, so we could see War Machine/Iron Patriot in the film. Also Anthony Mackie aka Falcon could make an appearance since in the comics he is/was part of the Avengers. Besides its about time we have a black Avenger.

Then theres that rumor about Ms Marvel being introduced in Avengers AoU. Started by El Mayimbe (Latino Review), he basically said she is the movie but didn't want to spoil how she is in. I know its Latino Review but lets be honest they were right a couple times about the MCU. Personally I think it would be better if she was introduced as a Air Force officer in the movie without her powers. Make her friends with Rhodes or something IDK. 

I am very excited for this movie obviously. I hope we see more characters and just makes me excited for what is to come for the MCU.

Sorry for the long post lol. What are your thoughts on AOU and the future of the MCU.
Real_Radec13
Challenger
Challenger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:19 pm

I'm pretty sure that War Machine was confirmed already lol.

And honestly, I'm hoping it doesn't get any more bigger than this in terms of heroes. Just try to start seeding future ones like Ms. Marvel like how they're doing with villains in ASM2. Last thing I need is for this to be another Days of Future Past (not saying that movies going to be bad, but at least cast-wise, it's already a clusterfuck).
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top