General Comics and Related media discussion.

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General Comics and Related media discussion.

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:23 pm

dragonfire111 wrote:
lpool1996moh wrote:
dragonfire111 wrote:lpool your image doesnt show up
its ment to be a video........
okay then you video doesnt show up
try reposting it
Yeah kay one sec
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:32 pm

Done
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:47 pm

oh i loved that movie they really should have continued Teen Titans
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:03 pm

dragonfire111 wrote:oh i loved that movie they really should have continued Teen Titans
well theres go....but i don't like chibi. they kinda continued the story with the comics based off the show but......still. it was mainly minor points. the last episode seemed rushed. they coulda made an arc out of terras return. it was crammed in an episode. a lot of things coulda went better. hopefully if this chibi go thing goes well it may come back. the VAs seem to want too if they all came back. Isn't Cyborgs VA in injustice his Titans VA?
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:28 pm

yeah i think they have the same voice
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:41 pm

dragonfire111 wrote:yeah i think they have the same voice
its decided then i'm maining cyborg.........BOOYAH!

it makes sense. its the only time he's really been featured in media. and with Go coming out he will be associated with the titans again
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:00 pm

Ah, I remember that Teen Titans movie! I watched it on Toonami years ago and re-watched it so many times... <3

And Ipool, it's good thing that people will remember him from Teen Titans again. However, canonically/currently, he really has nothing to do with the team anymore. He's with the big boys now (Justice League). Just thought you should know. And just in case you're curious, here are the current line-ups of the Justice League and Teen Titans in the comics (It's only labeled spoiler cause of the big images):

Spoiler:
Teen Titans:

Members: Red Robin (Leader), Superboy, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Solstice, Skitter,and Danny the Street. (I won't blame you if you only know about the first four names, I'm in the same position.)

Justice League:

Members: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Captain Marvel, and Aquaman.

Anyways, does anybody here actually read recent comics nowadays, or am I the only one? I'm just wondering...

On a side note, it looks like The Amazing Spider-Man comic line that's been running since the 1960's is going to end in December at issue 700 (Don't worry, he'll surely get a new relaunch book that's part of the new Marvel Now! event that's relaunching over twenty-thirty Marvel comics in order to bring in new readers. I'll also feel free to explain what Marvel Now! is and the comics confirmed so far to be involved if anyone is curious and if there's anybody who wants to get into reading comics, now's the perfect chance if you were looking for a good entry point.) and it's going to end with a pretty big change for Spidey that's been hinted at for a LONG time. A lot of rumors are circulating over this, and plenty of theories have been made if it involves a character's death or Peter gets new powers or something like that. However, I think I've found one that actually does somewhat make sense with the info that's been revealed and would be something pretty crazy. However, I think I'd like this change and it would bring in a lot of new stories and possibilities, not to mention make Peter's life worse than ever before.

Even if you haven't read the current Spidey comics, if you're still a fan of the wall-crawler at all, I'd REALLY recommend that you check out this link just to know and even be interested in reading the current comics, or at least want to stay updated. I'd really like to see some thoughts on this. Also, keep in mind that this is still a theory, so don't be mad or anything if you don't like it.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/amazing-spider-man-700-theory.html
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:58 pm

I knew Cyborg is in the Current JL Roster but he will always be known as a Teen Titan in my book thanks too that show. Also Tim Drake is leader of the Current Titans....Nice. also Spider Man is Ending? (Well one of them.....)aww
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:10 pm

Alright, I was just making sure. And yes, Tim makes an awesome leader indeed.

An yeah, Spidey's ending, but he'll get a new book in January. If you want to get in tune with more of the current events of Spidey, you could just click on the link I posted (That also has a theory on what will happen in the final issue) or you could even shoot some questions at me! I won't mind expressing more of my inner Spider-geek. There's even a Hobgoblin war arc titled "Danger Zone" coming up in issue 695-697, and then there's the final arc which has Doc Ock in his final days before death putting out a call to other Spidey villains (Check the link for more details and confirmed characters appearing.)
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:42 pm

I really wanted somebody to post in this topic, but I'm tired of waiting. So I'll just start out with this:

Dan Slott and Ryan Stegman Creative Team for SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN
This 2013 book promises a darker version of the wall-crawler.
By Mat 'Inferiorego' Elfring | Oct. 10, 2012

It's a big week and weekend for announcements with New York Comic Con starting today. Many fans know by now that issue 700 of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN will be the last issue of the series. What happens next? Well, according to USA Today, starting in January, 2013, your favorite web-head will be back on the shelves of your LCS in the book SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN fans can rejoice as Ryan Stegman (SCARLET SPIDER cover artist) teams up with ASM writer Dan Slott for this new, darker look at Spider-Man. This book will have rotating artists as well. Fans will see the return of Humberto Ramos and Giuseppe Camuncoli to work on this new Spidey-book.

Spidey will have a bit of a redesign as well. Here is character sketch to the right, from the USA Today article.

There will be a few changes to the costumes, as you can see, which includes some new colors on the costume to reflect the new attitude and era of the book, including some black leggings.

Many people are saying the events of issue 700 are going to change the way fans look at the character. As we've seen in more recent issues, Spidey has become a bit more short with his villains. He seems to have lost compassion for those who truly are good inside, like his recent run-in with Morbius in the last Lizard story arc.

Could this be what "Superior" means? Does Spider-Man find himself a superior being to all those around him or does he have new powers that make him superior to his former self? Stegman said in the USA Today interview that he will indeed have some new abilities.

Writer Dan Slott gives us a good idea of what we can expect from this new series.

He's not going to be doing things the old Spider-Man way. There will be a new way of doing things...The first story arc is called 'Hero or menace?' I think that pretty much tells you where we're going.

Looks like we'll all be waiting on the edge of our seats until issue 700 hits the shelves in December, then SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN releases in January.

What do you guys think of the new creative team and costume for this new Spider-Man book?

So yeah, how do you guys feel about the Web-Head's upcoming future? *WARNING: SPIDEY FANBOY OPINION WITH RECENT KNOWLEDGE YOU PROBABLY DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE CURRENT COMIC INCOMING*

I have to say that this is personally awesome and I love the costume changes (Especially the colors being red and black, which are my favorite colors) and potential new powers. Not to mention a darker tone, in which if you have read recent Spidey comics, he's actually become less compassionate for his villains and is actually becoming willing to kill if necessary. It would certainly provide much more originality and new stories/characters for Peter to encounter. Not to mention he currently has this "No one dies" notion after getting sick of people around him dying in the comics recently, which is bound to fall flat on his face in issue 700 and he might even kill someone, which would certainly be a good reason to spark this darker tone. Just my thoughts, I really like this new change and love that Ryan Stegman (One of the best Spidey artists this gen who's currently drawing for the Scarlet Spider series) is working with Dan Slott (One of the most awesome writers this gen and has also been writing on The Amazing Spider-Man comic since 2012 and has had an awesome run on it). Not to mention artists Ramos and Camuncoli are staying on board who are also great artists and worked on Amazing Spidey with Dan Slott (Well, I could personally care less for Ramos but some fans like him).

So all in all, I don't see how this can go wrong at all. Bring it on, Marvel! YAY

Last edited by Count Mario on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:48 pm

I'm excited and seeing the new Iron Man armor..well bring it on Spider-Man!
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:03 pm

I know Slayer, Tony's new armor looks sick! He's even going to have a cross-over with Hulk in the second issue of the latter's new series (Which I will totally get with Superior Spider-Man as well).

Speaking of Hulk and Iron Man, Marvel's actually making an animated spin-off movie to The Avengers movie with 3D animation movie starring a Hulk and Iron Man team up. It is actual canon, but really just some side-adventure that you don't "need" to see.

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:10 pm

I don't care if I have to see it or not rofl I'M SEEING IT! =P

Iron Man! <3
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:16 pm

I just hope that Tony will use the Hulkbuster armor in the movie because that would just be astonishing for me. <3

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:21 pm

Hulk and Hulk Buster Suit Iron Man in a team....my god...
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:35 pm

Fun fact, I actually have a large-sized action figure of the Hulkbuster suit that was part of the Marvel Legends toy brand in my room (No joke, my uncle gave it to me years ago and he's the guy who got me into super-heroes in the first place). Here's a pic of the actual figure (Not mine specifically though) in mint condition:

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:37 pm

That's pretty cool dude, as a kid I was also a fan of Iron Man.

He was always my favorite super hero and I liked him before he was "cool" and in movies!

Original Iron Man fan right here! >=)
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:45 pm

I actually already loved pretty much all of the famous Marvel and DC super-heroes years before they went mainstream in the late 2000's due to the movies as well. My uncle gave me STACKS of his old (Though some were recent at the time) Marvel comics over the years (Starting in the early 2000's. I have ones such as when Iron Man fought Iron Monger and put on the Silver Centurion armor for the first time, Iron Man vs. Hulk, a couple FF and Avengers comics, Captain America, a bunch of Planet Hulk comics, etc.) and I've always watched animated shows of super-heroes for as long as I can remember.

I remember awesome ones like Batman Beyond, Justice League Unlimited, the Spectacular Spider-Man, Static Shock, Superman the Animated Series, Batman the Animated Series, the 90's Spider-Man, X-Men, Hulk, and Iron Man shows, Teen Titans, Wolverine and the X-Men, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (It's pretty recent, but it sadly just ended at Season 2, what a bummer), etc.

The only ones I like and watch nowadays though are Young Justice and Green Lantern the Animated Series. One of the only other ones that are on is Ultimate Spider-Man on Disney XD, but that's really an atrocity in my opinion and spits on the legacies of the two former Spidey shows (Spectacular and the 90's series).

Last edited by Count Mario on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:48 pm

Too much nostalgia for me to handle bro...All amazing shows...:')
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:52 pm

Those shows are one of the main reasons why I treasure my younger childhood so much. I'm really glad that I got to be born in the late 90's, it really allowed to be exposed to some of the best geekiest stuff ever. But nowadays... ugh. I'm fourteen-years old, but one of the few young teens out there who actually despise some of the culture of this generation. But that's another topic though.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:53 pm

Early 90's here man, I remember it all dude and it was such an awesome geeky childhood rofl! xD
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:59 pm

I didn't grow up in the early 90's, but I do love many things that come from there. Such as (And I know this is a weird example) 90's Disney animated shows, you know, when they were actually decent for once lol (Although Gravity Falls is amazing). And yes, I am a big Disney movie fan by the way. not to mention that I love 90's video games like SOnic, Pokemon, etc and some 90's music (Rapping was actually original and good back then, at least from what I've seen/heard).

But back on topic, what are some of your favorite super-heroes besides Iron Man, Slayer?
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:07 pm

Besides Iron Man who is at the top of my list!

Wolverine
War Machine
Captain America
Hulk
Thor
Deadpool
Daredevil
Cyclops
Night Crawler
Gambit
Beast
Black Panther
Spider-Man
Ghost Rider
Silver Surfer
Human Torch

I'm probably missing more lol and that's just Marvel!
By the way they're in no specific order!

Then there's people like Venom, Carnage and Magneto who I find just plain awesome, even though they aren't heroes! xD
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:14 pm

I actually love every single one of those characters! I actually have a list of pretty much fifty of my favorite characters from the Marvel Universe (I'm not kidding...). But is one of the ones missing from your list, "The Punisher"? I'm just curious. Wink

And I definitely love me some villains like Venom, Carnage, and Magneto! Can't forget about Apocalypse, Galactus, Mephisto, Blackheart, Red Skull, The Leader, Dormammu, Kingpin, Surtur, etc. I could go on and on.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:18 pm

YES!
OMG THE PUNISHER!

He was such a bad ass haha!
Cable was pretty bad ass too dude!

Can't forget Green Goblin, Sabretooth, Shocker and Doc Oc man!
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top