General Comics and Related media discussion.

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General Comics and Related media discussion.

Post by dragonfire111 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:50 pm

batman beyond game id buy 3 copies
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:33 am

dragonfire111 wrote:batman beyond game id buy 3 copies
This was such a tease in Arkham City.

Dang it Rocksteady, I want the real thing! Or a Spider-Man 2099 game. Seriously, I'm like obsessed with Miguel and Terry lol.

I would also love a Spider-Man Noir game also. Basically an Arkham version of a Spidey game, which would be pretty great.

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:07 pm

So... are there any fans of The Man Without Fear? Peter Parker and Matt Murdock are pretty much one of my favorite comic duo and I would just love to see Rocksteady do Daredevil game like the Batman Arkham games. <3

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Illuvial on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:18 am

What is a good Comic reading software for PC? I am currently using CBR, and it is fine, but it is zoomed out way to far and no matter what I do, it never zooms in. This makes reading text heavy comics - which are basically all comics - nigh impossible to enjoy.

Any suggestions will receive kudos, of course.
Illuvial
You Gotta Believe!
You Gotta Believe!

PSN : Illuvial

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:54 pm

Sorry, I'm not really too interested in digital comics or reading anything besides manga online, so I'm not sure if I could give any advice. :(

Anyways, you know that Superior Spidey comic I've been telling you guys about? Well, there's one thing I've kind of neglected to tell you all. ...It's likely not actually Peter Parker being the new Spider-Man, as the current writer of the series (Dan Slott) has ben proclaiming, but in a weird, metaphoric way. Also, this won't be a completely new character, it will be someone who already has "some serious Spidey-pedigree".

Going by the evidence I've gathered up, I have two theories. One is that it IS Peter Parker, but Dan was kind of proclaiming him in a way that he has vastly changed in terms of morals, powers, and beliefs that we and even himself might not even be "Peter Parker" anymore, if that makes sense. And given that Dan's a Doctor Who fan and all of the doctors all have drastically changed personalities and identities, I could see him going for this. My second theory, is that it's Miguel O'Hara, Spider-Man of 2099 (The Spidey in my Avatar, actually). Given that I'm a huge Miguel fan, he's honestly the only character I'd be okay with taking the mantle. Now some of you might be hesitant of Miguel, whether you know him or not. But allow me to post various reasons why Miguel could still keep the familiarity of Spider-Man and even act a bit similar with Peter, while proving that he's anything but a Peter Park knock-off.

Warning, the following criteria is pretty long and I know that not many people have bothered to even try to read some of my longer posts in this thread. But please, could at least one person share their opinion on this and try to read at least a few paragraphs? I'd greatly appreciate it, especially since copying the quotes and reintegrating the images took over thirty minutes lol. (Credit for the content goes to Strider92 on ComicVine.)

Spoiler:
Ok to start off with this not a theory post and no new information on who Superior will be has been provided to me this is just my opinion on why O'Hara should be Spider-man.

He's not all that different from Peter:

Peter Parker
Miguel O'Hara

It may seem like an odd thing to say but his attitude and even how he looks physically are quite close to Peter's. Now you may wonder why this matters and in truth it shouldn't but for the most part people have trouble with drastic change. Miguel is similar in physical features enough for most people to swallow the change. Of course this is entirely dependent on artistic interpretation but all the basic features are there. Similar face, similar height, similar hair etc.... Even if we leave the physical side behind his morals aren't that different from Peter's. Yes he has a tendency to be impulsive and slightly less forgiving to his enemies but what we have to take into consideration is that Miguel had no heroic motivation to become Spider-man. He was the victim of Tyler Stone so vengeance was his main motivation. To me Miguel is how Peter was just before catching his Uncle's killer. Angry, impulsive and even a little cocky at times. With no good old Uncle for Miguel to aspire too he has a tendency to react without thinking and this has left quite a few of his villains badly injured or sometimes dead but would Peter Parker have been any different had he not had his Uncle to base his morals from? Probably not. Without his Uncle and with all that power Peter most likely would have gone on to badly injure and kill a few of his enemies by accident.

Whoops!

Despite this, Miguel is not malicious and shows shock and even horror at what he does on occasion. For the most part he is a good guy but just has some anger issues. If you needed further proof that he isn't as bad as he comes across he was able to lift Thor's Mjolnir so i'm pretty sure that's a good qualification!

Miguel is also a very gifted geneticist so we would not lose the scientific side from Spider-man. Another interesting thing is that over the course of the 2099-verse Miguel was introduced to the "With great power comes great responsibility" line so even though he doesn't take it as seriously as Peter if Miguel were to replace him we wouldn't lose that famous quote from the Spider-man mythos and it gives Miguel a chance to grow and develop on this basis.

Not really Miguel's favorite line

One thing that has people worried is that they think they will lose the old Spider-man who made quips during his fights and while Miguel is often portrayed as the strong silent type he does have a sense of humor so it wouldn't be hard to push this into his personality a bit more.

How he is different to Peter:

Like a boss

Despite the similarities Miguel is his own character and I have never thought of him as Peter Parker 2.0. Peter is always portrayed (sometimes wrongly) as a kid in adults clothing. Miguel certainly is not. His view on the world is slightly larger than Peter's as at one point he became the head of Alchemax's research and development department so he tends to see things in a more serious business-like quality. This is something Peter has never had the opportunity to do. Although he recently got a job at Horizon Labs that still pales in comparison to being head of one of the biggest genetics companies in the 2099-verse. So to put it bluntly he is more of an adult than Peter is but then again perhaps Peter could be if the writers actually gave him a chance.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Scary Spider-man is Scary

Although Miguel doesn't intentionally kill in random encounters with his rogues there have been instances where he has gone in completely prepared to kill. This is something Peter no matter the circumstances would ever do. If Peter gets pushed too far he tends to snap and generally beat the hell out of anything that gets in his way. Miguel on the other hand becomes cold, calculating and ruthless applying that scientific mind to slightly less amiable actions. Suffice to say if Miguel were to take over he would approach Peter's villains a lot differently than Pete did and would adopt a more predator hunting its prey attitude to the whole thing.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Think before you speak!

Peter has a tendency to be quite reserved and sometimes shy (out of the costume that is) where as Miguel is the opposite he seems to say what he's thinking no matter the circumstances which has in the past landed him in hot water (in and out of the costume) by telling people exactly what he thinks of them. This could create some very interesting dialogue with Peter's supporting cast, especially in the Avengers where Spider-man is basically seen but not heard (unless the writer decides to throw in a joke). If Miguel were to become the new Spider-man then he would make his presence known on the Avengers and would tell them bluntly if he thought their idea was stupid which could put him on edge with a few members of the team leading to some interesting side-stories.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This may make shaking hands difficult

Miguel unlike Peter is also at near constant risk from exposure due to his powers. Peter's powers are quite subtle and can be hidden well when out of the costume. Miguel's on the other hand are not. For one he has claws protruding from his hands and feet (which he uses to scale walls) meaning normal everyday things can be a challenge. Unlike Wolverine's these claws are not retractable. Miguel can flatten them against his fingers to make them less noticeable but he cannot hide them entirely. Meaning that if he doesn't concentrate he could end up slicing through nearly anything he touches. He also has elongated canine teeth (essentially fangs) that can inject venom through a bite. These will be hard to hide from people who take a good look at him.

I swear i'm not a vampire
If that wasn't hard enough to hide Miguel also has another problem. Instead of the good old spider-sense Miguel has enhanced senses. These are very effective and have in the past allowed Miguel to hear a gunshot, pinpoint exactly where it was fired from and avoid getting hit at the same time. These senses come at a cost however, due to his enhanced vision Miguel's eyes are bright red. This means that Miguel in the 616-verse he would have to either wear glasses or invent some very big contact lenses!

Why!? Because he's the goddamn Spider-Man!

Verdict:

Miguel in my opinion has proven that he can be Spider-man and not just a Peter Parker knock-off. His morals and attitude while not a million miles away from Peter's are different but not different to the extent that we would lose the Spider-man we all know and love. He would still be scientifically gifted, funny (to a certain extent) and a good guy at heart except with all of Miguel's qualities thrown in. the fact that his powers are so pronounced also means that hiding his identity will be a very big task so a lot of stories could divulged from this very problem. I personally would love it if Miguel became the new Spider-man and hey if you don't like him its not like Peter Parker will be gone for good. This is Marvel after all.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieisKewl on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:30 pm

Hey Count, I'm trying to get into comic books with Christmas rolling around, and I've already got a bunch on my list, =D but alot earlier, you mentioned Marvel Now, could you explain to me what that is? Because I'm interested. Deadpool is looking like he's gonna be my favorite comic book character in all really, and I have volumes of his on my Xmas list, and I think he is part of Marvel Now... I dunno, but enlighten me please, it'd be greatly appreciated!
CharlieisKewl
Sticker
Sticker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:51 pm

...YES! Finally. I have somebody actually wanting to get into some geeky comic stuff I have to mention! <3

Okay, so Marvel Now is basically a huge event in which most (But nearly all) of Marvel's comic books are getting relaunched, AKA, starting at issue one. Keep in mind, this in NO WAY means that they're going back to their origins or getting rebooted or stuff like that. It's being made so that new readers can easily find a suitable place to get on board with current comic book continuity. It also switches up pretty much all of the writers (Except Spidey's writer, Dan Slott, because he's needed for a specific story in the future) and development teams of the previous comic brands into entirely new projects to help provide fresh stories, perspectives, and changes to help evoke the "NOW!". Like, let's say that you worked on Fantastic Four for a few years. Now, you'll have the chance to switch to writing the Avengers or X-Men.

So that's basically the gist of it. To basically sum it into one sentence, this is the PERFECT time to get into recent Marvel Comics, I'm not joking you on that. And it's pretty much affecting the whole Marvel Universe. Spider-Man's going to get a new comic called "The Superior Spider-Man" which will replace "The Amazing Spider-Man" after issue 700. Hulk's getting "Indestructible Hulk", and keep in mind that there are plenty of comics in which the title hasn't changed, but it's reverted back to issue 1 like "The Avengers" or "Captain America".

And here's the part that will REALLY interest you. Deadpool ha also recently gotten a new comic for this event and so far, it's awesome! The current arc has him facing off against zombie presidents and uncovering huge secrets and stuff. Not to mention a whole lot of humor. (I can provide some scans of issue 1 if you'd like.)

Just click on the link below and it'll take you to Marvel's internet page for online subscriptions that'll get mailed to your house monthly after ordering and be able to check out all of the Marvel NOW titles and all of the other available subscriptions as well.
http://subscriptions.marvel.com/store/search.asp?q=Marvel%20NOW!

Also, don't be afraid to ask me about any of Marvel or even DC's comics that you might consider buying or at least looking at for some information or reviews. I'd be happy to help the best I can! I hope this post isn't too long for you to read, I just wanted to be through but not type "too much". Wink
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieisKewl on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:11 pm

Thanks so much Count, you're the best! And it wasn't much to read at all!
CharlieisKewl
Sticker
Sticker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:20 pm

Happy to help out anytime! If you don't mind me asking, what are some of the titles or characters that you have your eye on for this Christmas?
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieisKewl on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:38 pm

Yeah, no problem, Deadpool was the only superhero kind of comic that I was looking at besides Avengers vs X-Men, I actually tried to get into comics a few months ago.. I think back in summer, and I started reading AvX because it had all of the awesome Marvel characters and I didn't really have to choose one series, but after the first couple issues I forgot about it. But now they have this hardcover book that has all of the issues and more, so I wanna get that. Other than that I was looking at The Walking Dead compendiums because I started watching the show when the Third season started due to everyone at school and what not hyping it up (Hell of an episode yesterday!) And I was looking at Chew because I just thought it sounded cool.
CharlieisKewl
Sticker
Sticker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:56 pm

Oh, well that sounds alright! Since the main attraction for you for AvX was the Marvel characters mainly getting gathered together, I'd recommend adding Age of Ultron to your list. It's a ten issue series that will be a major event in the Marvel Universe and an issue will actually arrive every week from March 2013 to June 2013. I know that seems a bit down the road so you don't have to exactly look into it now, but I'm still pretty hyped for it.

It mainly has to do with Ultron having a plan to eradicate the Marvel Universe and having already succeeded in a distant future and it involves a lot of characters, although it seems that mainly Vision, Moon Knight, Spider-Man, and Hawkeye will play major roles. I don' know if you know about the first two, but I definitely expect the other two from you at least. And this will definitely impact majorly for some characters and Ultron's not messing around. This has actually been hyped and teased for over a year. Here are some scans.

Spoiler:
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieisKewl on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:05 pm

Wow that looks pretty cool! And yeah I know Spiderman and Hawkeye, and Moon knight sounds familiar... But I've never heard of Vision before. Do you have any other recommendations in general besides that one? I really want my life to basically be school, eat, sleep, video games, comic books, and hanging out with my fellow geeky friends! But I'm starting to worry about one thing, the cost.. After today I'm starting to think that comic books are more expensive than video games in the end... And that's saying alot.
CharlieisKewl
Sticker
Sticker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:22 pm

Actually, a comic book subscription for usually a year is actually about thirty dollars, which is less than an average game and comes with twelve issues of attires and multiple arcs. They do take your toll on money if you try to juggle too much. That's kind of why I'd recommend going on Amazon and checking up lower prices from optional stores to order specific hardcovers, issues, or novels from. Since this is your first time, I'd recommend getting about two comic subscriptions, or three, but I don't want to force you or anything .

However, if I were to say which titles you should pick up, I'd say Deadpool because he's one of your favorite Marvel characters and his new comic is getting perfect reviews so far. As for a second, this might be a little biased, but I'd go for Superior Spider-Man is you're a bit of a Spidey fan. There's a lot of controversial stuff happening in the recent arcs of Amazing Spider-Man that will lead up to a new person taking up the role in Superior. Yep, that means Peter won't be Spider-Man anymore (Or maybe he still will in a weird way, I'll stay updated), but he'll still play a major role in the series.If you look at some of my previous posts here, I've mentioned it quite a bit.

Spoiler:
Dan Slott and Ryan Stegman Creative Team for SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN
This 2013 book promises a darker version of the wall-crawler.
By Mat 'Inferiorego' Elfring | Oct. 10, 2012

It's a big week and weekend for announcements with New York Comic Con starting today. Many fans know by now that issue 700 of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN will be the last issue of the series. What happens next? Well, according to USA Today, starting in January, 2013, your favorite web-head will be back on the shelves of your LCS in the book SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN fans can rejoice as Ryan Stegman (SCARLET SPIDER cover artist) teams up with ASM writer Dan Slott for this new, darker look at Spider-Man. This book will have rotating artists as well. Fans will see the return of Humberto Ramos and Giuseppe Camuncoli to work on this new Spidey-book.

Spidey will have a bit of a redesign as well. Here is character sketch to the right, from the USA Today article.

There will be a few changes to the costumes, as you can see, which includes some new colors on the costume to reflect the new attitude and era of the book, including some black leggings.

Many people are saying the events of issue 700 are going to change the way fans look at the character. As we've seen in more recent issues, Spidey has become a bit more short with his villains. He seems to have lost compassion for those who truly are good inside, like his recent run-in with Morbius in the last Lizard story arc.

Could this be what "Superior" means? Does Spider-Man find himself a superior being to all those around him or does he have new powers that make him superior to his former self? Stegman said in the USA Today interview that he will indeed have some new abilities.

Writer Dan Slott gives us a good idea of what we can expect from this new series.

He's not going to be doing things the old Spider-Man way. There will be a new way of doing things...The first story arc is called 'Hero or menace?' I think that pretty much tells you where we're going.

Looks like we'll all be waiting on the edge of our seats until issue 700 hits the shelves in December, then SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN releases in January.

What do you guys think of the new creative team and costume for this new Spider-Man book?

Don't mean to double-post, but I figured I could post a new awesome pic of "The Superior Spider-Man". The art looks pretty damn sweet so far and I'm loving the claws and new threads (Red and black are my favorite colors, so this is fantastic for me. <3 ). And I'm personally liking the darker tone. Makes me even more intrigued about what'll happen in issue 700/the last issue of The Amazing Spider-Man that'll change Peter to be like this even more.

Spoiler:

Also, here are some previews for the first issue. Gotta say, Stegman's art NEVER disappoints, and combined with Slott's writing will make them a comic development duo that shall be reckoned with. :twisted: *Images are only spoilers for size*

Spoiler:

And Shocker's back?

I also posted my "borrowed" theory about who this new Spider-Man could be on the previous forum page if you're interested. Don't mean to bore you with so much reading, so feel fee to skip it if you aren''t interested.

Also,
Vision:

Moon Knight:
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieisKewl on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:34 pm

I actually read through the entire thread before posting =D I always do that to avoid posting about stuff that has been already talked about or asking questions that have already been answered. Ohhh yeah that's vision! I think he was in AvX.. And I think I saw Moon Knight on Greg Miller and Colin Moriarty's list of the top 100 superheroes. Also thanks for the recommendation, Superior Spidey looks pretty cool, I could see myself doing that, Deadpool and The Age of Ultron in the future.
CharlieisKewl
Sticker
Sticker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:47 pm

Your welcome. It's always a pleasure to help out a fellow geek in need. awesome

Also, the Vision is EPIC. he was actually built by Ultron and was obeyed him at first but then felt emotion, and yadayadayada, and finally became an Avenger. He's seriously one of my favorite comic book characters. <3
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieisKewl on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:05 am

Haha =D

I like the look of Vision and Moon Knight, they look really unique and just flat out awesome.
CharlieisKewl
Sticker
Sticker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:08 am

Vision can alter his density to phase through walls or deflect bullets. And he can shoot lasers from the gem on his forehead. And he can fly. And he has super-strength. And he has a badass voice. Everything about him is awesome. <3 And Moon Knight's pretty much Marvel's Batman actually. Has a lot of gadgets and vehicles, fights crime at night, strikes fear into enemies, have an epic robe, etc.

Last edited by Count Mario on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieisKewl on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:12 am

That sounds really cool! I think I like Moon Knight so much because he reminds me of a white ringwraith with blue eyes! Haha
CharlieisKewl
Sticker
Sticker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:14 am

Count Mario wrote:And Meta Knight's pretty much Marvel's Batman actually. Has a lot of gadgets and vehicles, fights crime at night, strikes fear into enemies, have an epic robe, etc.
MetaKnight? 0.0

The MetaKnight? 0.0
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:17 am

Meta Knight? lol I meant Moon Knight! Sorry, I had Kirby stuck in my head. XD

Still, thanks for the parody pics, Slayer. awesome
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieisKewl on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:09 pm

This comic book place opened up REALLY close to where I live pretty recently. I went there today and got Deadpool #2 because #1 was sold out, I read it and it was great! Deadpool is always cracking jokes and he's just awesome in general! It was also pretty awesome seeing him take on Teddy Roosevelt XD Man it was just awesome I'm definitely gonna keep reading Deadpool.
CharlieisKewl
Sticker
Sticker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:56 pm

Wow, awesome! I'm so glad that you managed to get a new Deadpool comic. Try to see if you could maybe ask the shop if they'll get future shipments of issue 1 and if they'll maybe reserve one for you. Seriously, that's awesome! However, are you still interested in Superior Spider-Man? If you are, I'd recommend picking up the most recent issues, 698 and 699. It directly leads up to 700 ) the big finale to the Amazing Spider-Man run for FIFTY years exactly), has major plot twists, and so far from what I've seen, it's just awesome. Sadly, I need to renew my Spidey subscription because it stopped at 696, sadly. :( Are you much of a Spidey fan though? I just don't want to feel like I'm pushing this on you or anything.

Also, here's some funny Deadpool covers just to show you.

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:00 pm

dud i would sooo vote for deadpool he would solve all the economic problems :D
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieisKewl on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:20 am

Yeah I talked with the guy for a little he said that they were getting a second print of Issue 1! And yeah Spidey's cool, but I don't even have the money to get Deadpool #1 on my own when it reprints ( I'm down 99 cents XD) and every time I ask my parents for a liiiiittle bit of money because one issue is only 3 bucks they tell me to just wait til Christmas cuz it's right around the corner. Spiderman would be the next comic I'd get but I wanna focus on Deadpool and stick with him, if I ever have some extra moolah laying around I'd definitely pick up some Spidey though. Haha nice covers too! Deadpool for President!
CharlieisKewl
Sticker
Sticker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:24 am

Deadpool for president 2012!
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top