[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Re: Movies based off of games

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:46 pm

Count Mario wrote:
lpool1996moh wrote:
Count Mario wrote:Actually, it's the original Human Torch (Not the FF one) from the early 1900's who's an android. But that plot point is incredibly minor and can easily be scrapped in Vision's film appearance. In fact, it wasn't even needed in the comics, it was just some mindless thing that was added just for some "awe" effect. And I agree that it's probably impossible for him to be in Avengers 2. That was kind of me just being whimsical for a minute there. I expect pretty much everything you listed. However, if we get Ant-Man, then we could have an after-credits scene where Hank starts building Ultron, you know, the awesome Avengers villain who could be the antagonist for Avengers 3.

And then in Avengers 3, we have Ultron build Vision who'll be evil at first, then learn about humanity and become the badass member of the Avengers!
That's a great idea....except after scavengers 3 they would reboot the cinematic universe
Actually, I meant that vision would start bad and become good in Avengers 3 altogether. Besides that, it's sad that you might be right about it being rebooted after Avengers 3.
it makes sense count. their new target audience wouldn't have been with them since iron man like their new diehards would be. as such a reboot would be necessary. also the actors age. i'd say scarlett johanson will have lost a bid of her sex appeal by Avengers 3. so unless they find a really young actress for wasp or mockingbird they lose alot of sexappeal. the only 2 i see not being effected by aging are downey jr and ruffalo.

over all it would make sense. so yes i think i'm right. hell they may do it after avengers 2. unless they do cival war there isn't many better stories than thanos.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:10 pm

I didn't mean that it didn't make sense. I was agreeing. I just meant that it's sad that you're probably right, that's all.

And there are still plenty of stories besides Thanos Imperative. There are still a bunch of movies to use, like have a Secret Invasion storyline with the Skrulls invading (Although fate Avengers 2, I'd like 3 to have antagonists that aren't aliens to provide innovation), Kree/Skrull War, have a storyline based off of Avengers Disassembled, a Red Skrull/Hydra return plot, Dark Siege, etc. And like you said, Civil War could work. Marvel's just got to dig in some more and they can definitely find something for Avengers 3.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:06 pm

Count Mario wrote:I didn't mean that it didn't make sense. I was agreeing. I just meant that it's sad that you're probably right, that's all.

And there are still plenty of stories besides Thanos Imperative. There are still a bunch of movies to use, like have a Secret Invasion storyline with the Skrulls invading (Although fate Avengers 2, I'd like 3 to have antagonists that aren't aliens to provide innovation), Kree/Skrull War, have a storyline based off of Avengers Disassembled, a Red Skrull/Hydra return plot, Dark Siege, etc. And like you said, Civil War could work. Marvel's just got to dig in some more and they can definitely find something for Avengers 3.

i know i know. they can do it. they just might not. Fun Fact: Thanks to Avengers Marvel Cinematic universe (Iron Man up) is the most successful movie franchise of all time
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:28 pm

Oh. I thought you meant it as in they can't top Avengers 2, not that they wouldn't.

And hell yeah! Tony's just epic. Off-topic question, how do you post videos now? I can't seem to find the icon anywhere...
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:51 pm

Count Mario wrote:Oh. I thought you meant it as in they can't top Avengers 2, not that they wouldn't.

And hell yeah! Tony's just epic. Off-topic question, how do you post videos now? I can't seem to find the icon anywhere...
i notified Hele and Slayer its fixed
see?
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:53 pm

I literally JUST noticed your thread and how it was fixed. Thanks. :)
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:59 pm

Count Mario wrote:I literally JUST noticed your thread and how it was fixed. Thanks. :)
the only reason i noticed was because i tried to post this

i realized if they did Civil War these 2 key players would be missing
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:19 pm

Actually, I was thinking the exact same thing since Civil War has bunch of main characters besides the Avengers. Weird...

There's also the Fantastic Four and how the war kind of made them split up for a while. Not to mention a bunch of other people as well. Now that I think about it, Civil War might be too immersive to pull off on screen if you ask me. And you'd need to tie it in with Secret War also.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:42 pm

Count Mario wrote:Actually, I was thinking the exact same thing since Civil War has bunch of main characters besides the Avengers. Weird...

There's also the Fantastic Four and how the war kind of made them split up for a while. Not to mention a bunch of other people as well. Now that I think about it, Civil War might be too immersive to pull off on screen if you ask me. And you'd need to tie it in with Secret War also.
people said that about the avengers as well. if it wasn't for the rights problems they'd be fine
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:47 pm

Exactly. All of the rights problems.

Besides, for The Avengers, all you needed was Shield and around 5-7 super-heroes. The people who said it was impossible were honestly talking out of their ass. The only real difficulty with The Avengers was just trying to mesh in each of the movie's genres and universes together in a neat and understandable/realistic way. Civil War is a full-scale epidemic that practically involved most of the MU's Earth heroes and villains with multiple events, twists, and effects from before like the Secret War and how super-heroes began to be looked at as dangerous and not in a trustworthy position unless under our control. It's possible to just cut it into a simple Avengers plot, but in doing so is like cutting Thanksgiving turkey all the way down to its kidney and saying that's the main course.

Last edited by Count Mario on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:50 pm

Count Mario wrote:Exactly. All of the rights problems.

Besides, for The Avengers, all you needed was Shield and around 5-7 super-heroes. The people who said it was impossible were honestly talking out of their ass. Civil War is a full-scale epidemic that practically involved most of the MU's Earth heroes and villains. It's possible to just cut it into a simple Avengers plot, but in doing so is like cutting Thanksgiving turkey all the way down to its kidney and saying that's the main course.
well with the rise of multipart films like harry potter 7 the hobbit and that vampire thing they could do it. the character development might suffer a bit but it could happen
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:58 pm

I hadn't thought of multi-part films actually... Now that's something I could agree with being somewhat possible. I didn't mean to sound like a jerk all of a sudden after seeming like I agreed with you. It's just that I actually started remembering how Civil War went and I'm a die-hard Marvel fan.

Moving on, what are your thoughts on the possibilities of the Justice League movie? They're apparently going to use it as a way to reboot the Batman and Green Lantern movie afterwards.And Man of Steel might not even lead into it and it might have it's own separate Superman.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:13 pm

Count Mario wrote:I hadn't thought of multi-part films actually... Now that's something I could agree with being somewhat possible. I didn't mean to sound like a jerk all of a sudden after seeming like I agreed with you. It's just that I actually started remembering how Civil War went and I'm a die-hard Marvel fan.

Moving on, what are your thoughts on the possibilities of the Justice League movie? They're apparently going to use it as a way to reboot the Batman and Green Lantern movie afterwards.And Man of Steel might not even lead into it and it might have it's own separate Superman.
i heard they are making JL Separate from all other DC films including the incoming Batman Reboot. That sounds terrible. what made avengers so good is they had most of the characters done. they did a little with hulk and black widow (And left hawkeye out to dry he was still awesome but there was nothing to his character) and made everyone awesome. they were true to both their movies and the comics. Banner was shown to be Quick witted funny and depressed. Black Widow "Had red in her lodger". these 2 characters where developed great. the rest where already done or Hawkeye. of they made Justice League stand alone...they'd have develop Superman, Wonder Women Flash Probably Cyborg (they would go with New JL i assume) and one of the most complex Characters in DC in Batman...within about 2hrs 30mins. they would have only told all the origins and established characters and it would be done. so i don't hope for JL. Man of Steel looks good at least.

My turn: Your thoughts on Ant-Man concept?
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:43 pm

Actually, Hawkeye made a cameo in Thor...

And actually, I've been hearing that the Justice League movie will introduce the new rebooted Batman and tie into those movies and the other heroes' movies as well. While I agree that it is disappointing that they won't be taking the Marvel route, I think it's good that DC's taking the chance to actually go the exact opposite way. Besides, we all know about Superman, Batman, and Green Lantern and they're kind of doing us a favor of not having to shove their origins down our throats again (Stares at The Amazing Spider-Man). While it is certainly risky, I'm looking t this as more of a portal to get us interested in these characters and then actually be compelled to see their separate stories. I don't know, I guess I'm a bit more optimistic. And they don't even have to go through the origins, just make it so that they are already established. Have their individual fins afterwards handle that role and get the interest of whoever liked Justice League and wants to see more of the heroes in there.

As for Ant-Man, I have to say that I'm pretty excited, yet worried. I mean, it's about damn time Hank got some of the spotlight and I've been waiting to see more of the B-list Marvel characters the public has yet seen. However, I've been even more excited about how it can tie into the Avengers, as you've seen earlier. I'm just a bit worried about how the interpretation or handling of the character will be, mainly because we haven't seen anything from the movie yet. And thinking about how Wasp will be involved doesn't help. I think it's more of a hit or miss idea at this point because he isn't that much of an exposed character outside of comics at all and he's kind of only been mostly related to The Avengers and not really stand-alone. Sure, Iron Man and Thor were kind of in that position originally, but at least they had a bunch of solo history besides their Avengers experiences to back them up.

But you want to know what I REALLY want to see? A Doctor Strange movie. Now that would make me nerdgasm all over the place if it was announced and it would just be so awesome! Not to mention he could also be a possible Avengers member.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:03 pm

Count Mario wrote:Actually, Hawkeye made a cameo in Thor...

And actually, I've been hearing that the Justice League movie will introduce the new rebooted Batman and tie into those movies and the other heroes' movies as well. While I agree that it is disappointing that they won't be taking the Marvel route, I think it's good that DC's taking the chance to actually go the exact opposite way. Besides, we all know about Superman, Batman, and Green Lantern and they're kind of doing us a favor of not having to shove their origins down our throats again (Stares at The Amazing Spider-Man). While it is certainly risky, I'm looking t this as more of a portal to get us interested in these characters and then actually be compelled to see their separate stories. I don't know, I guess I'm a bit more optimistic. And they don't even have to go through the origins, just make it so that they are already established. Have their individual fins afterwards handle that role and get the interest of whoever liked Justice League and wants to see more of the heroes in there.

As for Ant-Man, I have to say that I'm pretty excited, yet worried. I mean, it's about damn time Hank got some of the spotlight and I've been waiting to see more of the B-list Marvel characters the public has yet seen. However, I've been even more excited about how it can tie into the Avengers, as you've seen earlier. I'm just a bit worried about how the interpretation or handling of the character will be, mainly because we haven't seen anything from the movie yet. And thinking about how Wasp will be involved doesn't help. I think it's more of a hit or miss idea at this point because he isn't that much of an exposed character outside of comics at all and he's kind of only been mostly related to The Avengers and not really stand-alone. Sure, Iron Man and Thor were kind of in that position originally, but at least they had a bunch of solo history besides their Avengers experiences to back them up.

But you want to know what I REALLY want to see? A Doctor Strange movie. Now that would make me nerdgasm all over the place if it was announced and it would just be so awesome! Not to mention he could also be a possible Avengers member.
dr starnge would be cool. as for antman as long as theres no wifebeating it should be fine. But that Rebooted batman in JL is Misinformation. latest news is that JL will be standalone.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:12 pm

Welp, my hype for JL just got chopped in half.

Funny thing about the wife-beating though. In the comics, the panel with Hank wasn't actually meant to look like he slapped Janet on purpose, just that he made an upward motion in anger with his arms that mad him accidentally hit her. However, the illustrator changed it to a right cross. Ever since then, Hank has been looked at as the "wife-beater" and all of that.

http://www.jimshooter.com/2011/03/hank-pym-was-not-wife-beater.html

Regardless, the trophy of douche-bag husband of the century is still held by the one and only, Reed Richards.

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:46 pm

Count Mario wrote:Welp, my hype for JL just got chopped in half.

Funny thing about the wife-beating though. In the comics, the panel with Hank wasn't actually meant to look like he slapped Janet on purpose, just that he made an upward motion in anger with his arms that mad him accidentally hit her. However, the illustrator changed it to a right cross. Ever since then, Hank has been looked at as the "wife-beater" and all of that.

Regardless, the trophy of douche-bag husband of the century is still held by the one and only, Reed Richards.

reed is just a psycho.
although i wonder.....did Banner ever get together with Betty after she became Red-She Hulk. that would be an aggressiveness relationship.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jechtsphere on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:00 pm

Every popular VG franchise at some time will have a movie in the works but what percent actually see the light of day?

The MGS movie was revived recently, Columbia Pictures attached to film.

There will be a proper film based on the popular Konami property, said X-Men and Spider-Man producer Avi Arad, who announced the project at a special Metal Gear 25th anniversary event in Japan.

I think there could be tons of great movies based on games but like with anything if you want quality you have to hire talented people and the talented people have to be interested.
Jechtsphere
Staff
Staff

PSN : Jechtsphere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:10 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:

reed is just a psycho.
although i wonder.....did Banner ever get together with Betty after she became Red-She Hulk. that would be an aggressiveness relationship.
They did actually. However, I think they recently kind of separated in one of those "turn-off" moments in a relationship at the beginning of the relaunch of The Incredible Hulk. By the way, have you heard about Marvel Now?

Besides that, I found this online. Just click on the link, I'm telling you, this stuff's hilarious!
http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?69158-Superman-is-a-jerk
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:21 pm

Count Mario wrote:
lpool1996moh wrote:

reed is just a psycho.
They did actually. However, I think they recently kind of separated in one of those "turn-off" moments in a relationship at the beginning of the relaunch of The Incredible Hulk. By the way, have you heard about Marvel Now?

Besides that, I found this online. Just click on the link, I'm telling you, this stuff's hilarious!
http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?69158-Superman-is-a-jerk
never heard of marvel now. as for that superman thread.....ahh when dc thought camp was cool.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:45 pm

http://www.comicvine.com/news/marvel-now-will-relaunch-the-marvel-universe-this-october/144901/

If you ever plan on maybe buying comics again and getting into Marvel comics more, this is the perfect chance.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:37 am

Count Mario wrote:http://www.comicvine.com/news/marvel-now-will-relaunch-the-marvel-universe-this-october/144901/

If you ever plan on maybe buying comics again and getting into Marvel comics more, this is the perfect chance.
i might find a way to keep up with them online. but i try to keep gaming and youtube as my hobbies. there expensive enough. i can't afford to buy comics.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:52 pm

That's okay. I just wanted to leave the opportunity open to you. And FYI: Online subscriptions that send you issue in the mail either once or twice a month average to about thirty dollars. You probably already know that, but I'm just making sure. Wink I actually have subscriptions to The Amazing Spider-Man and Batman.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:55 pm

Count Mario wrote:That's okay. I just wanted to leave the opportunity open to you. And FYI: Online subscriptions that send you issue in the mail either once or twice a month average to about thirty dollars. You probably already know that, but I'm just making sure. Wink I actually have subscriptions to The Amazing Spider-Man and Batman.
i ment like read em online like i'm doing with the pokemon Manga right now.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:56 pm

I know that. I was just saying that stuff in case you changed your mind. (And I also read Pokemon Adventures online).

Still though, I've tried a bunch of times and it's almost impossible for me to find recent full scans of Marvel or DC comics online.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top