[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Movies based off of games

Post by god-of-paradise on Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:58 pm

So what are your guy's/gal's thoughts on the topic of Video games getting made into Hollywood movies? "Fast and the Furious" and "Prince of Persia" are the only 2 that I know of that have actually come out. I heard Uncharted and Possibly Mass effect and Bioshock could be getting movies too. Do you think its a good idea? If so, do you think they should reuse the same plots or try to create new ones?

I was also going make this thread discuss should video games be made in anticipation of movies but I thin we can all agree that more than 75% of movie tie in games suck lol
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies based off of games

Post by Merric on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:29 pm

It depends. A Shadow of the Colossus movie is in the works and i'm actually A little excited for it. Sure we hardly know anything at all about it although they did say they were going to keep true to the lonely and deserted feel. I've never seen A game made hollywood movie before though, so I guess i'll have to wait and see.
Merric
Mmm Cake
Mmm Cake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:32 pm

I like how video games are becoming more poular and "mainstream" enough to warrant movies. However, I'm still afraid in the back of my mind that they'll turn out like this:

I know they'll at least be 0.01% better, but still. Seeing such a thing happen to your favorite video game franchise and literal childhood in general scars you enough to be wary of these types of things, guys. :(

Last edited by Count Mario on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:35 pm

Movies based off of games have always been bad. Only the AC movie could ever, ever, ever, ever possibly break the trend and legitimize Game-Movies.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:38 pm

DP27 wrote:Movies based off of games have always been bad. Only the AC movie could ever, ever, ever, ever possibly break the trend and legitimize Game-Movies.

Metal Gear...='(
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:39 pm

I liked Prince Of Persia.....It was Okay......in my view.....Don't eat me.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:40 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Metal Gear movie. That could be good, too. Other than that, the Game Movies have and always will blow (unless one of the two can actually validate the game movies).
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:41 pm

i want to see a metal gear solid movie
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrEpic on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:09 pm

http://m.kotaku.com/5325532/infamous-movie-in-the-works
MrEpic
PACL Champion
PACL Champion

PSN : MrEpic1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xVincore on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:25 pm

The Final Fantasy & Mario Bros. Movies were TERRIBLE.

As for the Uncharted Movie, they've been delaying production back and forth.
Supposedly it's based on a treasure hunting family with drake as the main character,
seeming completely unrelatable to the Video Game series.

But InFamous?
Considering DC was it's graphic novel publisher;
They would make the dramatic comic style flourish.

- Metal Gear? I love Metal Gear, but hope it doesn't lay in development hell like the Live-Action HALO.

xVincore
Tingle
Tingle

PSN : xVincore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrEpic on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:28 pm

God, InFAMOUS really could pull out a good movie. Add more story with Trish, who was past Cole and how did he grow up? Rebelious most likely, but the bonding of Zeke, and O my god, the comedy. Now I can't wait..
MrEpic
PACL Champion
PACL Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:00 pm

MrEpic wrote:God, InFAMOUS really could pull out a good movie. Add more story with Trish, who was past Cole and how did he grow up? Rebelious most likely, but the bonding of Zeke, and O my god, the comedy. Now I can't wait..
lol, Imagine Cole gets in Avengers 2. :P
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrEpic on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:10 pm

Lol, thats kinda Thor. But Cole would be awesome if he was done by Marvel, DC is hanging by a thread with Batman, they have other good heros, but when you say DC its BATMAN! Not GREEN LANTERN!!
MrEpic
PACL Champion
PACL Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:14 pm

Yeah, but that's kind of only in the movie and general "mainstream" knowledge department and they seriously need to work on that (Apparently the Justice League to most people nowadays is just Batman and his Amazing Friends lol). With the comics, they've been doing well with pretty much most of their comics and even rebooted them a year ago with The New 52 to introduce new readers (They kept most of the character continuity though so it's not like they just left old fans in the dust and washed away everything. They just tweaked character history and costumes. Everything else is pretty much the same). However, DC is stepping up with Man of Steel in 2013 and Justice League in 2015. Still, Marvel's light years ahead with their movies compared to them...

Last edited by Count Mario on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrEpic on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:16 pm

Yea, but I swear to god, if DC ruins Cole...
MrEpic
PACL Champion
PACL Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:20 pm

Then you better start praying that if they were to make that movie, that Christopher Nolan (The guy who made The Dark Knight Trilogy and is making Man of Steel) is developing it. Man of Steel is actually looking pretty awesome, so in Nolan I trust.

Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:22 pm

MrEpic wrote:Lol, thats kinda Thor. But Cole would be awesome if he was done by Marvel, DC is hanging by a thread with Batman, they have other good heros, but when you say DC its BATMAN! Not GREEN LANTERN!!
despite marvel being 1000 times better at movies recently I don't think they would do infamous justice like dc would. I haven't seen marvel convey something through their movies that isn't Humor or adreniline. What infamous needs to work is eerily similar to what batman needed to work: quick humour Alfred style and dramatic acting. A potential Nolan inFamous would be perfect. But this is pointless. It's gonna be a Sony movie by a bad director. I see it now: M-night-shamalamadingdongs inFamous...."shudders"
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:26 pm

While I definitely agree with you Ipool, I do think you're understating the Marvel movies a bit. I think the movies have provided a decent character development and some good stories. Don't get me wrong, there is a big focus on adrenaline and humor, but I've thought of them as being more than that, still. And the stories that Iron Man 3, Thor 2, and Captain America 2 are confirmed to be based on are going to actually be pretty intense, I assure you as a die-hard Marvel comic fan that has read these specific events actually. That's just me though.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by god-of-paradise on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:30 pm

The infamous movie actually raises a good point. Look at the marvel and DC comics. They were never intended to be made into the huge blockbuster hits that they are today so maybe video games that go along the same lines (such as infamous) will be amazing! I just dont really see how an uncharted movie can get the same epicness that the games achieve.

I can so see jason stathem acting as cole xD
god-of-paradise
Thunder Flop
Thunder Flop

PSN : god-of-paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:36 pm

Count Mario wrote:While I definitely agree with you Ipool, I do think you're understating the Marvel movies a bit. I think the movies have provided a decent character development and some good stories. Don't get me wrong, there is a big focus on adrenaline and humor, but I've thought of them as being more than that, still. And the stories that Iron Man 3, Thor 2, and Captain America 2 are confirmed to be based on are going to actually be pretty intense, I assure you as a die-hard Marvel comic fan that has read these specific events actually. That's just me though.

yeah. Their powerful. But even then. Sometimes during their emotional momenets I just laugh they better not mess up winter solider or emmm what is iron 1man 3 ? I can't remember. Same with what ever Thor 2 is. Mind is gone.

I won't argue characters marvel and dc are equal there. It really is just emmotional scenes. Especially in the long haul. If you do 1 you have to do two. I can't see marvel pulling off the finale, good or bad, simply because of their current style. It's like trying to fit a jigsaw,piece in the wrong jigsaw. It's not gonna work as much as you want it too.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A_GME on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:54 pm

MrEpic wrote:God, InFAMOUS really could pull out a good movie. Add more story with Trish, who was past Cole and how did he grow up? Rebelious most likely, but the bonding of Zeke, and O my god, the comedy. Now I can't wait..

LOL just watch premium rush.

I think the God of War, Metal Gear, and Assassin's creed movies will dominate in the movie industry.
A_GME
!
!

PSN : A_GME

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:57 pm

Iron Man 3's being based off of the Extremis storyline and Thor: The Dark World only has rumors surrounding it. However, it'll likely feature the Death of Odin, Thanos stealing the Infinity Gauntlet from the the Asgardian vault, and feature characters like Beta Ray Bill.

And I respect that. But what do you mean by the finale though? Avengers 2?

Also, there has been a statement from the boss of Marvel Studios (Ken Feige) that after The Avengers 2, there might be a film sequel to Incredible Hulk based off of the Planet Hulk/World War Hulk storyline. Let me tell you something. If that goes through and is done right, that will be the BEST, and I mean the BEST, super-hero movie to date.

Also, I don't know about God of War A GME. That's the one Sony movie I could see easily being a flop.

Last edited by Count Mario on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A_GME on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:02 am

Count Mario wrote:Iron Man 3's being based off of the Extremis storyline and Thor: The Dark World only has rumors surrounding it. However, it'll likely feature the Death of Odin, Thanos stealing the Infinity Gauntlet from the the Asgardian vault, and feature characters like Beta Ray Bill.

And I respect that. But what do you mean by the finale though? Avengers 2?

Also, there has been a statement from the boss of Marvel Studios (Ken Feige) that after The Avengers 2, there might be a film sequel to Incredible Hulk based off of the Planet Hulk/World War Hulk storyline. Let me tell you something. If that goes through and is done right, that will be the BEST, and I mean the BEST, super-hero movie to date.

Also, I don't know about God of War A GME. I don't know, that's the one Sony movie I could see easily being a flop.

i want to see Planet Hulk/WWHulk movie(s) so bad.

hmm you have a point but with this man as kratos: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005023/ I'm not too worried about Kratos Kamina
A_GME
!
!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:26 am

Well, you could always watch the animated Planet Hulk movie online to hold over your hype. Wink

Also, is that man confirmed to be playing Kratos or did you just find that off of IMBD? Because if it's he latter, then it's probably fake...
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A_GME on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:57 am

no I read an article that said the producer wanted him to be kratos, I say hell yes. I have and it's great :)
A_GME
!
!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top