lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime/Manga

Post by papertoonz on Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:53 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:I hope there isn't another war after all this...partially so the series can end, Partially because since Kakashi alone can take out the 5 Kage now on his own, so it would be heavily skewed in Kohonas favor.

That said...how is everybody gonna come back to life this time? i'd say the Sage is gonna pull a Nagato and use Samasera to bring anyone who died back. i.e. we are getting another Dragonball style Cop out.

have i mentioned i hate this franchise?

there is a movie coming out by the end of this year that will be the epilog so it had to end before it came out

also madara will have a redeeming moment just like almost every one else and bring all the people back to life
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:54 am

It's funny cause Kaguya could have just dodge backwards. Soooo... Lmfao.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:46 am

Who else has been laughing at the Naruto manga lately? Laughing, so they don't claw at their eyes. *raises hand.*

I'm still waiting on someone to be like "MY TURN" and do something incredibly evil. Just way to easy for the good guys lately.

Obito is the coolest guy though, right?

Meanwhile I am currently reading Bleach, Attack on Titan, The Breaker: New Waves. And some other stuff.

As for watching, well, Haikyuu, pretty much it.
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:46 am

Watch the movie link to a spin-off series…

Glad to see that Naruto is about to end soon. Also, I started rewatching the whole One Piece anime before summer started, and I'm over halfway through the Fishman Island arc. When I get to Dressrosa, I'll jump onto the manga from there.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:51 am

I bet the last panel of Naruto, after all is said and done will be Obito, just looking at the audience with a smile on his face. The words below him "I'm the coolest guy Naruto knows."

One piece is excellent. A few summers back I watched from episode 1 to 500 or so. Fell in love with it and it just got better and better. Now I tend to go a few months, watch and catch up and then rinse and repeat. I can't handle watching only one a week but apparently i have no problem waiting months on end.
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:37 am

Well, some people just love binging. Lord knows that's probably why I quit reading the Punk Hazard arc about two years ago. It does just keep getting better and better though.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:01 pm

the most recent naruto chapter has so much asspull its hilarious
sasuke goes well ima gonna be evil again now

seriously how low will he go to drag on this train wreck
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:35 pm

You know, can someone please post some sort of chart or something that shows how flexible the role of main antagonist of the franchise has changed in Part 2. I think it went from Orochimaru to Pain, and then the whole hidden leader conspiracy cycle started with Tobi, who then turned out to be Madara, but then it ended up being revealed he was really Obito (which I totally called years ago) and that he was serving the real Madara all along, but then he ended up betraying Madara to get the Ten Tails, but then it turned out Black Zetsu was the real threat all along, but here comes Kaguya being his true master, and now we have Sasuke finally giving into his evil reigns again for literally no reason, like usual. Did I get that right? Should Kabuto also count in that list? I don't know, and I don't care at this point. XD

However, on the subject, I am watching the old Naruto Part 1 episodes again. They're pretty good. I notice a few more flaws, but also recognize its strengths and potential (at the time) more, along with what it had going for it compared to One Piece. Right now I'm near the end of the Invasion of Konoha arc, where the Sand/Sound villages invade.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:57 am

The Sasuke thing is hardly an asspull. It was ALWAYS going to happen, one final Naruto v Sasuke battle is what the series has been building up to since VotE. It's hardly unexpected. Sasuke made reference to the fact he wants to kill Naruto himself, get rid of the tailed beasts etc multiple times in the final battles. He's hardly evil either. Its basically conflicting view points, plus it's the Indra/Ashura conflict again. This final fight A) ties up lose ends B) has been foreshadowed and C) is what the majority of the fan base asked for. The stakes are just higher. I mean with Kakashis Sharingan gone possibly, they are the two strongest ninjas in the world bar none by huge margins. The winner gets the run of the world.

I say all this yet still think it's going to end with a Talk-No-Jutsu.  I think it'll end on 700 so it's hardly dragging it out. It's basically a loose end.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:26 pm

Well, I've just been reading summaries and such once in a while, so thanks for clarifying lol. Doesn't mean Sasuke's character development in part 2 in general isn't an asspull though. I suppose I was just still dragging on the Sasuke bashing, which as justified as it is, it really is old news by now. But I still declare his actions to be Lawful Evil, despite how perversely beneficial his reasoning is. I mean, he has a point, but c'mon, let's not kid ourselves around here and think the guy is realistically morally redeemable in any sense of the word at this point. I think that he sort of lost that chance from the point on he joined the Akatsuki, or if that's too loose, the Kage Summit arc for sure. I don't care what Kishi tries to pull off with however he throws to encourage forgiving his actions, Part 2 Sasuke is still Deus Ex-obsessed, emotionally irrational, revenge hounding Sasuke in the end. And this is coming from someone who loves intellectual selfish antagonists/morally ambiguous characters with character development, especially when trying to turn good, but from their own point of view of what the world needs. Sasuke just has too much bad writing, irredeemable feats, and little to no realistic character development to promote any sort of reasonable charismatic growth for me to even consider supporting him from my perspective on admiring characters like him lol. Don't get me wrong, I see what Kishimoto was trying to do with him and I actually like the idea of Sasuke's growth from a general point of view of ignoring the specific details of how the story went down, but the process and interaction we've seen is just an absolute trainwreck. I'll give Sasuke credit for wanting to change the world due to the evident corruption, which is probably the only thing I will ever find slightly agreeable in what he says and seems reasonable with what's happened with Itachi and the Tailed Beasts, but still. 

With all of that said though, you are right about this battle having been hyped up. I was personally expecting it to not be a generic cliche "EVEN THOUGH WE JUST BEAT THE MAIN VILLAIN AND IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD, I WANT TO SUDDENLY BETRAY YOU AND IF YOU LOSE, THE WHOLE WORLD IS MINE!!! ZEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" situation (and trust me, that happens more than you think in stories despite how convoluted that sounds XD), but I should know better from Naruto's writing at this point, and it does fit in with what's been built up at this point. I also do agree with you on it ending at 700 though, it makes sense from a sort of irrational gut feeling sort of view lol. Not to mention the last Naruto movie comes out in December in Japan, I believe, making for perfect timing.

On a side note though, since this is really just me nitpicking I suppose, don't even get me started on that destiny/reincarnation BS. I don't mean to give up another "Back in my day" rant about Part II, but god, I just hate how much this franchise has become about destiny and every other character ending up just lining up towards fulfilling Naruto and Sasuke's goals and are the only ones with any sort of decent/constant growth. I mean, yes, they're the main characters, but God, it annoys me. And not just in this series, just pretty much every single one that overtime starts bringing in prophecies and the main character being hailed practically as Jesus. It happened in Harry Potter (not that I read the books or watched every single movie, but I was interested in it at one point. But it was at least sort of hinted to be about destiny), and now I'm worried One Piece is doing the same thing with the Will of D, the constant accurate comparisons of Luffy to Roger (hell, even the Straw Hat was passed down from Roger), Luffy's heritage of pretty much everyone he's considered family to be some major acknowledged force of great power, etc. I get that badass characters related to the main character are what really sells for fan interest and such, but still, look at all of that in a series like One Piece, in which going by its philosophy of growing stronger with the power of friends and striving for your dreams despite the odds, along with all of the perspectives/themes on justice, all of that seems pretty oddly freaking convenient for the main character's reputation. I mean, I'm not saying series can't do this and that it's logistically bad, it could still be a fine story. And I love stories like Avatar: The Last Airbender despite focusing on prophecies because at least it's being honest about that being the main philosophy it's going for. But for me, personally, it just really breaks the identification you have with the main character originally being scorned and belittled to growing stronger and defying what the world thinks of him, then turning tail on that when it's revealed he technically did have logical expectations to become this strong the whole time with prophecies and heritage being revealed. It just really irks me how so many series choose to go this route after so much promise and talk about defying fate until the writers end up just being hypocrites of that philosophy because they get too caught up in hyping up their protagonist so damn much. It's sort of why I like to say Neji was right in hindsight. Not that his exact perspective on how fate worked was right and he was still a total douche, but… Yeah, he was still right about the potential to being great having already been within you from the start. Going by Kishi's writing, you just need that and hard work… along with the position of being the protagonist, otherwise you become as irrelevant as Rock Lee.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:56 pm

i'm not defending the series, oh god no. most of the stuff i pointed out i hated but i was just pointing out, Sasuke heel turning is not an ass pull. I predict he'll die. he will use the Rinnegan to undo the Infinite Tsukyiomi and then use Samasara to make the last 200 or so chapters 100% pointless. he's not in Naruto: The Last sooo....
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:07 pm

Better not be. I was scared for your sanity. XD Is it confirmed who IS in Naruto: The Last though? Is there even a trailer for it (then again, that would give out potential spoilers)?
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:44 pm

i dunno. i think concepts got out of the "Main" cast and there was no Sasuke. i found this out when i was drinking the salty tears of the fanbase reaction
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:50 pm

Ah, I see.

By the way, what are your thoughts on the possibility of an endgame copout on par with, say, Chakra being erased from existence as the solution to reforming the Ninja world to promote peace? It's just an idea I've had since learning that Chakra came from Ev-I mean Kaguya eating that forbidden fruit or whatever. Don't know how the heck it would work, and I doubt it'll happen, but it still lurks in my brain for some reason...
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:12 pm

Count, simple, Naruto will travel the world one last time to find all the Dragon Balls and wish for world peace.

Wait, what are we talking about again?
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:52 pm

DP wrote:Count, simple, Naruto will travel the world one last time to find all the Dragon Balls and wish for world peace.

Wait, what are we talking about again?
maybe if he wishes hard enough sasuke will pull it out of his ass like all his abilities.
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:11 pm

^Comment of the century.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:08 am

Well the one thing that was an asspull last chapter is Sasuke actually does know how to use the Rinnegan outside of teleporting.

...how?

I don't think so count. I can see Sasuke, if he doesn't die, becoming Hokage and Naruto becoming the head of the now permanent ninja alliance. But the chakra will stay cause the tailed beast chakra will stay with Naruto (and probably all of Kurama.) So they can talk. If Naruto doesn't have chakra the TBC will kill him.

Well done Dragon,Dp. Well done.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:16 pm

Naruto has one dumb fight left, so I'm gonna say about 20 more chapters until it's done, so like 5 months. *sigh*

One Piece is like 60% over right now, and while Punk Hazard wasn't that that great (I mean, compare to Arabasta, Skipea, Enies Lobby, Thrilelr Bark, and all that sweet sweet War of the Best stuff going on after that), but Dressroba is fantastic. The Colosseum was a bit too much Luffy-wanking for me, but it shaped up nicely.

Bleach... why is it not done? I read up until Yamamoto's BS death, but I figure when the story's over I'll go back and finish the fight.

Kenichi is about to end. Such sad.

Fairy Tail is... why do I read this? I mean, it's really nowhere near as bad as Bleach or Naruto, but it feels like such a serious-parody sometimes. All the "friendship" crap is like One Piece's Nakama on steroids, and the plothax Natsu gets to beat opponents that outclass him is around Ichigo / Sasuke levels of dumb. I like the characters, I guess.

I'm thinking once these are over I'll start Toriko and AssClass. I heard those were poised to take spots in the Big Three, but the former is like halfway done and the latter is pretty much finished.

I should also catch back up to Jojo. It feels so weird having to wait for Jojolion considering I blazed through Phantom Blood in one night, Battle Tendency in two, and Stardust Crusaders, Diamond is not Crash, Vento Aureo, Stone Ocean, and Steel Ball Run in like a week. Plus Jojolion is so... weird. I mean, the rest have also been incredibly bizarre, but Gappy's movements and the way the dialogue is presented is odd, even by Jojo standards.

Blue Exorcist... I want ma' redheader coward back!

After that, I'm really out of manga I'd admit to reading. It's a little sad that so many, regardless of quality, are coming to an end since they've been such a big part of my life. I mean, some of them are as old as I am.

And while I've read things to completion before, like Gash Bell and stuff like that, Gantz was really the first one I finished the week it was done. And as... well, whatever that became at the end, it was still a little cathartic. 

So you know what? I'm happy Naruto's getting drawn out. Bad as it is, and as terrible as I know this fight is going to be, I can't wait to see it unfold.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:05 am

Im suprised you didnt mention Hunter X Hunter it seems like a manga youd enjoy.
another great anime/manga to check out is this one Vright here in my sigV
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:51 pm

Yeah but from what I know, the author is pretty ill so you might expect a few delays. But other than that, it's fucking great.

I also recommend reading a couple manwhas like God Of High School and Girls the Wild's.... yes that came out of nowhere.

Btw, I was sorta expecting a Naruto vs. Sasuke fight afterwards for no particular reason whatsoever than to drag it out. So much for breaking the cycle.
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:42 am

It's over, Naruto is finally over

the shipping wars are over and Naruto got his dream

shit on it as much as i want i'm sad to see it go but still happy
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:46 pm

Jus keep in mind though that a Part 3 mini-series has been confirmed.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-11-05/naruto-manga-mini-series-launches-after-main-series-ends/.80690

Last edited by Count Mario on Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next