Anime/Manga

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Anime/Manga

Post by Chaosdreams on Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:30 pm

BladedgeX wrote:An anime for Akame Ga Kiru is confirmed. If you guys haven't read the manga, check it out. It's fucking brutal on the feels.

Brutal on the feels?

I am all in. I love those kind.
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Wed May 07, 2014 1:08 am

So I've been watching two anime recently after a one-two year anime/manga hiatus. The first comes in the form of rewatching One Piece, in which I've already rewatched the whole East Blue saga and will start the Reverse Mountain arc tomorrow. Seriously, I always loved One Piece, but if anything, I love it even more than ever now, which is a rare sight for visiting nostalgic escapism. I'm really glad it turned out this way.

The second anime I've been watching is one recommended by a friend though, which is called Kodomo no Jikan. It's about a nine-year old third grader (along with her two close female friends) who is absolutely infatuated with her teacher (who just became a school teacher for the first time and has no idea what difficulty he's in store for despite his honest intentions and methods) despite age difference and constantly promotes provocation around him in some of the boldest/hilarious manner I've ever seen on animation (it wasn't that far from being a hentai lol). But actually... It's really good. No, I don't even mean fromt he standpoint of always laughing at its humor, the quality of the writing, character development, emotional depth (especially with the trauma surrounding these characters and how they interact), romance, theme of responsibility, etc, is all just so powerful, and this show actually gets really damn dark in a completely realistic sense. Seriously, this had my emotions all over the place, especially since I've personally been thinking a lot about romance lately. I recommend watching it to any anime fans here. I know it sounds extremely bizarre from its description, but trust me, it's worth giving a shot. The first season is twelve episodes and the second has six, with a lone OVA that canonically takes place during the first season. Here's a link if anyone's interested:

Kodomo no Jikan Episodes

Warning: ...You technically might become a pedophile by watching this if you get attached to the characters. XD
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Thu May 29, 2014 9:23 pm

HUNTER X HUNTER IS BACK YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!
http://readms.com/r/hunter_x_hunter/341/2393/1
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Fri May 30, 2014 11:51 pm

Seriously noone else is excited for the return of HxH from hiatus
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat May 31, 2014 5:22 pm

I don't think anyone really gets excited for anything on here. o.o
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:51 am

Ladies and gentlemen Naruto is finally on its final chapters lets watch this train wreck get progressively worse than it already is
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:05 am

dont even get me started on naruto man, i mean part 1 was good but how could it become some thing that it is now
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:17 am

mainly due to the excessive sasuke pandering "asspull powers activate ... lol im good now"
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 am

yeah the classic power trap but man you know you reading something bad when the most interesting thing to happen in ages is a filler fight of all things
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:35 am

i think the best way to describe Naruto is an amazing concept done horribly horribly wrong.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:56 pm

Yep, Naruto has become a shell of what it could have been. My friends and I used to always be excited (before the war started) and we would have all of these theories, and often be right. However, once the war started (which seemed like a wicked idea) it soon became horrid, and then just got progressively worse.

How does one have a war, where less people die than up to that point?
How does one have a war, where the main character smiles over and over?
How does one have a war, where it's a domino affect of evil people tricking evil people and then turning good because, hey, they got tricked.

Even the 8 gates was trolled.

I look forward to the end, of this nostalgia driven train.
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:15 pm

The war was a good idea.

The execution sucked. The powerscaling went from city-leveling taking minutes to charge to happening in mere seconds by the end-- of course that in itself is a gigantic departure from what the older stuff was. In typical Shonen fashion literally every character became fodder for the main character and his trusty steed Sasuke, with the exception of the Hokages, who are inexplicably better than every other Kage ever. There were just tons of missed opportunities and it ended up being "hey watch Naruto beat everything" until the Elite Four started.

And of course by the "Elite Four" I'm talking about the chain of final bosses that's happening. Tobi reveals he's Obito and then he gets a ton of transformations, then Madara who also gets a ton of transformations, now Kaguya, all the while they and other characters are getting random asspull powers. 

Between them, I think it's about as bad as the goddam Aizen fight in Bleach. The best chapters in the past 100 or so have been the Sage of Six Paths ones.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:37 pm

In short, they've ruined this show by making characters that are too powerful for their own good.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratemankelly on Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:58 pm

Yeah, basically.

Happens a lot, though. Some handled it better than others while trying to be serious, and some just went with it and got more ridiculous. Naruto is one that certainly did not play of off decently.
Piratemankelly
Chimera
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:52 pm

papertoonz wrote:yeah the classic power trap but man you know you reading something bad when the most interesting thing to happen in ages is a filler fight of all things
heck there are series that have been going on longer that havent fallen into the power trap (one piece) naruto just gave up and started doing asspull after asspull usually from the same 2 characters sasuke and naruto its like the author forgot there were far more interesting characters in his series (besides the females all the gals in naruto are terrible)

Naruto was best when it was copying off of HunterXHunter (the chunin exams).
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BladedgeX on Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:57 am

The war pretty much made all the side characters fodder. Even my boy Rock Lee was disgraced like 5 bajillion times. And I love how Sakura is still a useless piece of shit because of all the asspulling that it hurts.

So how bout dat new episode of JoJo:Stardust Crusades and Akame Ga Killu?
BladedgeX
Staff
Staff

PSN : BladeXTails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:00 am

Yeah, I pretty much caught myself up on the story by scrolling through multiple character entries on the wiki on a whim. I knew it was going downhill before, but man, this is just... this is literally the most convoluted series I have ever known. Whenever people bring up franchises like Zelda and Kingdom Hearts' timelines being confusing in general franchise discussion, I'm going to have a whole folder of documents and links related to Naruto lol. And it is even more disappointing because, like Pirate said, I could actually tell that this had a lot of potential if done right, paced correctly, and just overall having more common sense integrated. That, and I still don't get why Rinnegan and Sharingan get these complex gold mines of lore while Byakugan is left in the dust.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:38 am

In all Fairness, Kaguya uses the Byakugan to great effect, she just needs her other Dojutsus and her Shikotsumyaku to augment it. the reason the Byakugan got left in the dust story wise is because the Hyuga refused to expand its abilities outside Taijutsu. Even Hinata's abilities are still focused around Taijutsu, even with her Shugohakke Rokujūyon Shō techniques (Which were Anime only if i remember correctly, i ain't a huge Naruto fan as i have stated many times). As for from a writing perspective, its because the Hyuga got shafted, even Hinata who is gonna get thrown with Naruto at the end, so no major characters got it to expand the lore. should they have? well if you give Sasuke the Rinnegan and Naruto all Nine Bijuu, Why the fuck not?
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:59 am

OKAY NARUTO IS OVER THANK THE GODS IT PRETTY MUCH OVER
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:38 am

indeed its just the wrap up...

which i expect to take 10 chapters just cause.

WARNING RANT:
now heres the thing. we all know how much the last couple of...everything in Naruto sucked ass, but the fight with Madara was cool (Horrible writing but cool.) and this with Kaguya...i no like. i mean i don't like the franchise anyway but for a final battle it was pathetic. She didn't feel anywhere NEAR as threatening as Madara. which i guess can be looked at as more Uchiha cock sucking. Zetsu basically ordered er around. also who made the derisive blow to take her out? Sakura. fuck that shit. i mean yes Naruto and Sasuke sealed her and Naruto fucked over Zetsu but dammit all why did Sakura get any moment of glory at all. also Sasuke is officially useless now cause Kakashi got two working EMS with Perfect Susanoo AND the Sages Chakra. somehow. he's just missing Ameterasu and his Kamui spam more than makes up for it.

soo yeah. glad its near over but damm the ending got worse and worse since part 2 started.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:53 am

man i couldn't agree more with you such a disappointment shippuden turned out to be the war was nothing but shit bar guy vs madara

also obito implied the kakashi powerup is only temporally and more than likely he won't be keeping it
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:00 pm

good now HxH can finally take its rightful place in the big 3
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:09 pm

papertoonz wrote:also obito implied the kakashi powerup is only temporally and more than likely he won't be keeping it
Neither will Sasuke and Naruto they lost the Yin and Yang power Markings. i haven't seen scans. just the summary but that means all Sasuke has is the Rinnegan, which while powerful, has honestly proven inferior to an EMS.

although NAruto is still the strongest if he Keeps the 9 Bijuus chakra. 

Its not exactly a bad thing though...Kakashi is a more likeable character than Sasuke, obviously.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:21 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:Neither will Sasuke and Naruto they lost the Yin and Yang power Markings. i haven't seen scans. just the summary but that means all Sasuke has is the Rinnegan, which while powerful, has honestly proven inferior to an EMS.

although NAruto is still the strongest if he Keeps the 9 Bijuus chakra. 

Its not exactly a bad thing though...Kakashi is a more likeable character than Sasuke, obviously.

yeah sause still has the rinnegan but they both dont have the yin/yang sing things

all people forget it's a rinnegan which would mean sause could some of the stuff that pain had if he put time into it, (the ability that it comes with for sause just sucks) and besides obito MS was broken as all hell, the fact that he could bullshit his way out of the afterlife with it makes it pretty broken
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:45 pm

I hope there isn't another war after all this...partially so the series can end, Partially because since Kakashi alone can take out the 5 Kage now on his own, so it would be heavily skewed in Kohonas favor.

That said...how is everybody gonna come back to life this time? i'd say the Sage is gonna pull a Nagato and use Samasera to bring anyone who died back. i.e. we are getting another Dragonball style Cop out.

have i mentioned i hate this franchise?
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next