Pokemon games (Current discussion: X and Y)

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What Generation 6 Starter will you choose

10% 10% 
[ 1 ]
60% 60% 
[ 6 ]
30% 30% 
[ 3 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Re: Pokemon games (Current discussion: X and Y)

Post by DP on Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:58 pm

Now THAT's interesting. I'd definitely like to see that. But then the only problem is that you can't transfer Pokemon between the games. I'm sure there'll be a workaround (like at some point in the game they hardcode it to allow you to trade from Gen III to Gen IV; I've already noticed a few things they hardcoded or worked around, so it's probably possible, but it's definitely understandable if they decide not to).
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:01 pm

DP27 wrote:Now THAT's interesting. I'd definitely like to see that. But then the only problem is that you can't transfer Pokemon between the games. I'm sure there'll be a workaround (like at some point in the game they hardcode it to allow you to trade from Gen III to Gen IV; I've already noticed a few things they hardcoded or worked around, so it's probably possible, but it's definitely understandable if they decide not to).
yeah i dunno. maybe a level cap and a relems portal hacked into the game to transfer games?

Personally i don't mind. its like having multiple saves. you can drag your friend through the classic adventures. that alone is pretty sweet
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:11 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:
DP27 wrote:Now THAT's interesting. I'd definitely like to see that. But then the only problem is that you can't transfer Pokemon between the games. I'm sure there'll be a workaround (like at some point in the game they hardcode it to allow you to trade from Gen III to Gen IV; I've already noticed a few things they hardcoded or worked around, so it's probably possible, but it's definitely understandable if they decide not to).
yeah i dunno. maybe a level cap and a relems portal hacked into the game to transfer games?

Personally i don't mind. its like having multiple saves. you can drag your friend through the classic adventures. that alone is pretty sweet
Pokemon with multiple saves? That's simply preposterous. :o

lol, But seriously, it sounds pretty cool. Unfortunately, I'm too into MMO's to really care about something this happening, personally (I'm more focused on pure consoles and I gave Maple Story and DC Universe a try, but I honestly got bored and uninterested over time.) But it would certainly do wonders for the fan-base and newer entries.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:15 pm

Count Mario wrote:
lpool1996moh wrote:

Pokemon with multiple saves? That's simply preposterous. :o

lol, But seriously, it sounds pretty cool. Unfortunately, I'm too into MMO's to really care about something this happening, personally (I'm more focused on pure consoles and I gave Maple Story and DC Universe a try, but I honestly got bored and uninterested over time.) But it would certainly do wonders for the fan-base and newer entries.

Actually i hate mmos. but this is interesting. its like the anime. you can journey with your friends. and more importantly battle them. you may actually lose before the credits role!
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:29 pm

Wait, why did my comment say that I'm too INTO MMO's? I meant to put a "not" before "too". Curse me and my confounded comprehension of typing.

And I definitely agree tat it'd be like the anime. That's actually what i'd imagine it'd be like. What would be even cooler if actual players can become Gym leaders due to recognized skill and winning competitions with the Elite Four and Champion on top. Although the choosing and fair balance may be a bit too hectic though.

Off-Topic: No hard feelings from the Wii U thread, right? I don't want us holding grudges over it or anything. Not that i'm saying you do, I'm sure that you're mature enough to realize something so trivial, but I just want to make sure. Personally, I'm done with commenting in that thread to be honest.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:37 pm

Count Mario wrote:Wait, why did my comment say that I'm too INTO MMO's? I meant to put a "not" before "too". Curse me and my confounded comprehension of typing.

And I definitely agree tat it'd be like the anime. That's actually what i'd imagine it'd be like. What would be even cooler if actual players can become Gym leaders due to recognized skill and winning competitions with the Elite Four and Champion on top. Although the choosing and fair balance may be a bit too hectic though.

Off-Topic: No hard feelings from the Wii U thread, right? I don't want us holding grudges over it or anything. Not that i'm saying you do, I'm sure that you're mature enough to realize something so trivial, but I just want to make sure. Personally, I'm done with commenting in that thread to be honest.
if I held a grudge against you I woulda been cynical or not replied at all. Trust me your fine by me still. It was just like the Dante v ratchet thing from the old forum. Except you and dp pummeled me into a pulp with words. Eh I'm used to it. As an Irish guy thats how we socialize
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:41 pm

I got involved with the show when it first began, watched it up until that tournament which had Dragonite fighting Charzard and such. It was good, but then I had less free time and began to get annoyed with how tv likes to repeat episodes within a show over and over.

As for the games, I started with Silver, then purchased Crystal (same game basically.) I then jumped over to Sapphire, decided to pick up one of the originals, yellow. And then I stopped buying them until Heartgold game out. Which along with soulsilver, were the improved versions (which I sincerely welcomed) to the original gold and silver. They fixed what bothered me prior and added a lot of nice improvements. I also love the original Pokemon.

Now I look at the series and groan. In regards to the show, I wish they would just start over. Make it so over time Ash does get older. Have it so the battles are like intense anime battles. It can be so much more...if they just tried to. As for the games/and the show, the current Pokemon seem so lifeless. They are really running low on ideas. They just look, weird. But that could just be my nostalgia kicking in. As long as people enjoy the series then all is well.
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:44 pm

lpool1996moh wrote:
Count Mario wrote:Wait, why did my comment say that I'm too INTO MMO's? I meant to put a "not" before "too". Curse me and my confounded comprehension of typing.

if I held a grudge against you I woulda been cynical or not replied at all. Trust me your fine by me still. It was just like the Dante v ratchet thing from the old forum. Except you and dp pummeled me into a pulp with words. Eh I'm used to it. As an Irish guy thats how we socialize
lol, Thanks. I didn't want to possibly lose an intelligent comrade on the forum just due to one thread discussion. I know that it was silly to think it was possible, but I'm the type of guy who worries about relationship conditions and impacts and all that. :)
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:46 pm

Chaosdreams wrote:I got involved with the show when it first began, watched it up until that tournament which had Dragonite fighting Charzard and such. It was good, but then I had less free time and began to get annoyed with how tv likes to repeat episodes within a show over and over.

As for the games, I started with Silver, then purchased Crystal (same game basically.) I then jumped over to Sapphire, decided to pick up one of the originals, yellow. And then I stopped buying them until Heartgold game out. Which along with soulsilver, were the improved versions (which I sincerely welcomed) to the original gold and silver. They fixed what bothered me prior and added a lot of nice improvements. I also love the original Pokemon.

Now I look at the series and groan. In regards to the show, I wish they would just start over. Make it so over time Ash does get older. Have it so the battles are like intense anime battles. It can be so much more...if they just tried to. As for the games/and the show, the current Pokemon seem so lifeless. They are really running low on ideas. They just look, weird. But that could just be my nostalgia kicking in. As long as people enjoy the series then all is well.
the show......well if you google black and white 2 promo you'll see what it could be.
As for the designs yeah thats nostalgia kicking in chaos. All gens have their magnets, chimes bells and ice creams. But the designs that were good this gen were awesome. Volcarona reshiram and zekeom to name a couple
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:49 pm

Count Mario wrote:
lpool1996moh wrote:

lol, Thanks. I didn't want to possibly lose an intelligent comrade on the forum just due to one thread discussion. I know that it was silly to think it was possible, but I'm the type of guy who worries about relationship conditions and impacts and all that. :)
oh I worry about it. A bit to much. Advice: play r&c Tod get ryno 4 and hold circle. Gets rid of worries let's of steam the works.
And it would take a thread discussion over something pointless to get heated to make me hold a grudge......or you could be dnagent.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:55 pm

I loved the design of Zekrom, Ipool. I'll be completely honest, when I was little and after playing Emerald and FireRed, I always wanted a black (It's one of my favorite colors) Electric/Dragon (Those are some of my favorite types) legendary Pokemon mascot. Looks like Zekrom was the answer to my prayers! :)

As for the designs in general, I realize how controversial they are, but I've played all of the generations of Pokemon and I still loved most of them, personally. And I found the alternate forms of Kyurem to just be wicked awesome (I actually predicted that Kyurem's possible new form would have it regain the energy of Zekrom and Reshiram. I'll post a link to a thread on another forum where I made it, if you want.)

Now c'mon, that just looks awesome! I just wished the forms actually had Ice/Electric and Ice/Fire typing. That would've been unique and just awe-inspiring. That would definitely make Kyurem one of- if not, the best legendary Pokemon. At least battle-wise.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by quackerzacher on Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:01 pm

really you even like the ice cream pokemon?
quackerzacher
Trainer
Trainer

PSN : quackerzacher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:06 pm

Count Mario wrote:I loved the design of Zekrom, Ipool. I'll be completely honest, when I was little and after playing Emerald and FireRed, I always wanted a black (It's one of my favorite colors) Electric/Dragon (Those are some of my favorite types) legendary Pokemon mascot. Looks like Zekrom was the answer to my prayers! :)

As for the designs in general, I realize how controversial they are, but I've played all of the generations of Pokemon and I still loved most of them, personally. And I found the alternate forms of Kyurem to just be wicked awesome (I actually predicted that Kyurem's possible new form would have it regain the energy of Zekrom and Reshiram. I'll post a link to a thread on another forum where I made it, if you want.)

Now c'mon, that just looks awesome! I just wished the forms actually had Ice/Electric and Ice/Fire typing. That would've been unique and just awe-inspiring. That would definitely make Kyurem one of- if not, the best legendary Pokemon. At least battle-wise.
Kyurems ice type no matter what way they do it. That's bad battle wise. Do you know what the best competitive move in the game is? Stealth Rock. Kyurem takes hefty damage from em. Here let me put it this way. Tiers wise Articuno and Regice are Ny (Neverused) due to rocks weakness (and I guess fighting and steel two types dominating the metagame with dragon obviously) Moltres and Entei are Ru (rarelyused) For similar reasons. Kyurem normal is bl (banned from underused too crap to be overused, staraptor wobbufett wynut and Gothielle are there too.) For the same reason. The new forms got banned mearly due to their Ridiculous offensive stats matched only by deoxys attack.
As for designs.....yeah they look epic.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:08 pm

quackerzacher wrote:really you even like the ice cream pokemon?
Never said that. It sucks stats wise. And typing wise. But their are worse designs. Muk for example
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:11 pm

Eh, could care less about that one, quacker. But some like Gigalith and Haxorus look epic to me.

And I stand corrected, Ipool. But still, fire and electric would bring a lot of opportunities to Kyurem and bring unique typing. And even though Ice-types have flaws, I can't necessarily say it would be a bad choice alone because it's just what comes in the package. Now something like Lucario having Fighting/Steel typing, now that's something I could bash on because it didn't have to be organized like that for it. I still love Lucario though.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:15 pm

The one thing I felt BW did right, in terms of the Pokemon themselves, was that it made the Bug Type actually important. Otherwise, GameFreak seemed to completely disregard the standard for types they'd set (a lot of Pokemon that should've been fast ended up slow, for example). BW2 seems to have fixed many of my issues, though, so I'm excited to (not*) play that when it comes out.

(*I have no working DS, so I won't get it. But I probably would if I had one.)
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:23 pm

Count Mario wrote:Eh, could care less about that one, quacker. But some like Gigalith and Haxorus look epic to me.

And I stand corrected, Ipool. But still, fire and electric would bring a lot of opportunities to Kyurem and bring unique typing. And even though Ice-types have flaws, I can't necessarily say it would be a bad choice alone because it's just what comes in the package. Now something like Lucario having Fighting/Steel typing, now that's something I could bash on because it didn't have to be organized like that for it. I still love Lucario though.
Lucario has good typing. Big thing is a resistance to bullet punch from technitian scizor. Bad news is tech eats it alive. Or terrakion.....you get it.
Fire ice would be aweful. That rocks weakness plus a weakness to water ground Fighting and steal? Nope. Bad. Ice electric wouldn't be too aweful however. Food for thought. Abomasnow ans Mamoswine are the only top tier ice types abona only for weather. And he's going down a tier next month.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:34 pm

I've actually seen many people complain about Lucario's typing due to bringing in weaknesses of fire, fighting, and ground moves though.

Anyways, yes, you do prove some great points.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:08 am

i want the next pokemon gen to have something other than a fire fighting starter
or lets you pick from a bunch of other pokemon for a starter
i also want character customization
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:22 am

dragonfire111 wrote:i want the next pokemon gen to have something other than a fire fighting starter
You need to be hired into Game Freak, sir. Emboar could've been a perfect Fire/Ground type...

Also, instead of the typical Grass>Fire>Water triangle, how about a starter trio of Psychic>FIghting>Dark Pokemon instead?
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:52 am

Count Mario wrote:
dragonfire111 wrote:i want the next pokemon gen to have something other than a fire fighting starter
You need to be hired into Game Freak, sir. Emboar could've been a perfect Fire/Ground type...

Also, instead of the typical Grass>Fire>Water triangle, how about a starter trio of Psychic>FIghting>Dark Pokemon instead?
ive got a better idea how about evee as a starter (for one of the main games not a spinoff)
or possibly they use great pokemon from old gens as starters
but the character customization is very important
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:41 am

dragonfire111 wrote:
Count Mario wrote:

ive got a better idea how about evee as a starter (for one of the main games not a spinoff)
or possibly they use great pokemon from old gens as starters
but the character customization is very important
i agree with what you just said. all of it. its so obvious. yet they leave us in the dark.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:17 am

i actually think we have plenty of pokemon right now lets focus on the old ones now (a couple new ones are fine itd also be good to make new evos for old pokemon) and no more legendary there are so many of that they kind of lose their legendary quality
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:21 am

dragonfire111 wrote:i actually think we have plenty of pokemon right now lets focus on the old ones now (a couple new ones are fine itd also be good to make new evos for old pokemon) and no more legendary there are so many of that they kind of lose their legendary quality
not when you see their stat totals they don't.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire111 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:35 am

lpool1996moh wrote:
dragonfire111 wrote:i actually think we have plenty of pokemon right now lets focus on the old ones now (a couple new ones are fine itd also be good to make new evos for old pokemon) and no more legendary there are so many of that they kind of lose their legendary quality
not when you see their stat totals they don't.
i meant we have way too many of them there are plenty of good ones they can reuse
they can even reuse the event ones
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top