Pokemon games (Current discussion: X and Y)

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What Generation 6 Starter will you choose

10% 10% 
[ 1 ]
60% 60% 
[ 6 ]
30% 30% 
[ 3 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Re: Pokemon games (Current discussion: X and Y)

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:57 pm

what did the first one do wrong? a crappy after game? thats about it.

tbh For every Dragonite or Pinsir theres a Muk or Magneton

For every Houndour or Heracross theres Dunsparce or Sunflora

For every Milotic or Absol theres Nosepass and Luvdisc

For every Garchomp or Drapion we got Burmy and Pachirisu

and for every Haxorus or Beartic we get Trubbish and Vanilite

Good and bad pokes are balance among gens. in fact gen 1 is by far the worst offender followed by Gen 5 then 3 then 4 then 2

anything else they bring points on.......well they kinda can't. there isn't anything. the reason people don't like some gen 5 pokes is cause they were forced down your throat

in regards however to your previous statement heres a really big probably fake but fits the evidence rumor in wilderness. Copied form Pokebeach who copied from x who copied from y who.....you get it

Here's another rumor that an anonymous poster sent in to GoNintendo.com
According to GoNintendo, "...The source would like to remain anonymous. What I can say is that this source has sent in Pokemon info in the past that turned out to be true. We'll see if they're spot-on this time!"
I myself don't personally believe it, but I thought i'd post it for your amusement.

"The announcement is, more or less, a love letter to the franchise. It's being called Pokemon Rainbow, a 3DS game that encompasses the settings and Pokemon from generations 1-4: Red and Blue, Gold and Silver, Ruby and Sapphire, and Diamond and Pearl. You can take my word for it that the graphics are done up very nicely. The perspective is similar to what you'd expect from Pokemon games, but the camera is much more dynamic. The graphical style is characterized by very clean, dark lines. Almost cartoonish, but not quite. Battles look radically different, and move away from the use of pixel art. Though it seems that the interface is still made of pixels. The battle that it shown is between a totally new trainer and a wild Weedle. The trainer uses a Pikachu.

I'm not privy to any story details, as I only know what will be announced tomorrow. The story is concurrent with Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 in terms of timeline. There are over 20 new Pokemon, and two will be revealed tomorrow. One is an evolution of an older Pokemon Eevee, called Draconeon. The other is a totally new Pokemon, called Verbill. It looks like a rodent, much like the Pokemon Patrat, but has a sort of pirate theme going on.

A Wii U app will be launched along with the game, which will be announced tomorrow. However, all that will be said is that the app will be addressed "at a later date". The logo for the app features a globe with Pikachu, Munna, Treeko, Cyndaquil, and Piplup popping out from various countries."

address you thoughts i think. probably fake but still. fits alot of stuff going round. Tbh its reveal would be like all stars reveal. Doubtful unexpected timing but excellent when (in this case if) it happenes
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:11 pm

Count, they've flip-flopped on it before (GameFreak, not Nintendo). After Gen IV they said "We're not out of ideas at all!" (Ironically just before making the Pokedex that had the most complaints about it - and yes, I mean the most. I've seen irrational hate for Pokedexes in the past, but never the amount of legitimate gripes that V had - possibly because they decided to eschew the entire rest of the series until the endgame. Anyway, I digress...) Some time after BW1, but before BW2 was announced, GameFreak's CEO (or some high-up) said that they were running somewhat low on new ideas for the Dex. I distinctly recall articles on both, and if I could find them I would. You'll have to take my word on it unless I can find them somehow.

Also, lpool, I've had this debate for hours on end, and believe me neither of us want that. I'll just say that while the BW series as a whole had more good than bad to it, BW1 was the most polarizing game in the series by far for a reason, and the fact that it's STILL pretty hotly debated throws the idea of nostalgia out of the window considering the complaints for a new Pokemon game had ALWAYS ended shortly after launch before Gen V.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:14 pm

meh i dunno. its only the fans though. its the highest rated game in the franchise including the sequel.

That said it was the right choice. most unova pokemon are either weak as balls or ridiculously strong but evolve pretty high up. when they threw in Other pokes in B/W2 it broke the game. honestly it did. since the focus was on mostly weak outside pokemon and unova pokemon the strong guys the give you near the start like Riolu and Archinine break it.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:19 pm

False, BW2 is actually the lowest-rated of the main series, oddly enough. (Edit: Apparently Emerald's lower as far as Metacritic goes...go figure, considering that was one of the most beloved. My point stands other than that exception, though.) As for BW2's addition of other Pokemon, that was necessary to show the exact problem with BW1; they screwed up the regular stats for types and threw pretty much every form of harmony in the series out of whack. I could care less that the Gen V Pokemon look stupid, but when X type starts having stats that would accompany a completely different type, I have to draw the line. Besides, when fans demand it as much as they do, GameFreak kind of has to oblige unless they want to lose a lot of sales.

Oh, and for the record, the only Generation I was ever apprehensive towards pre-launch was IV. I welcomed II, II and V (before I started seeing what they were doing with the odd stat setups of the Pokemon that raised the first red flag for me, but that was after the Japanese launch) with open arms, and was only apprehensive towards IV because I wasn't a fan of how they kept expanding upon older-Gen Pokemon via really odd and exclusive ways to evolve (all of the odd stones and the two Eeveelutions really had me concerned for where they were going, but that went away when they didn't follow-through with that as much in V).
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:29 pm

DP27 wrote:False, BW2 is actually the lowest-rated of the main series, oddly enough. (Edit: Apparently Emerald's lower as far as Metacritic goes...go figure, considering that was one of the most beloved. My point stands other than that exception, though.) As for BW2's addition of other Pokemon, that was necessary to show the exact problem with BW1; they screwed up the regular stats for types and threw pretty much every form of harmony in the series out of whack. I could care less that the Gen V Pokemon look stupid, but when X type starts having stats that would accompany a completely different type, I have to draw the line. Besides, when fans demand it as much as they do, GameFreak kind of has to oblige unless they want to lose a lot of sales.

Oh, and for the record, the only Generation I was ever apprehensive towards pre-launch was IV. I welcomed II, II and V (before I started seeing what they were doing with the odd stat setups of the Pokemon that raised the first red flag for me, but that was after the Japanese launch) with open arms, and was only apprehensive towards IV because I wasn't a fan of how they kept expanding upon older-Gen Pokemon via really odd and exclusive ways to evolve (all of the odd stones and the two Eeveelutions really had me concerned for where they were going, but that went away when they didn't follow-through with that as much in V).

From the start they have been doing it.

It wasn't that the stats didn't suit they did. its that in most cases they were pretty low. the nu tier of the metagame is nearly all Unova. However Ou is dominated by Unova too Specifically Keldeo and Tornadus-T and gne 2 With Toad and Scizor. so they got the balance right........except for one thing
When Dream World gives this thing Shadow Tag the world will end.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:48 pm

So a new Pokemon game?

That sounds great!
Does the rumor say anything about it being 3DS exclusive only because I have my old Ds and I kinda don't want to buy another portable console at the moment...
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:53 pm

Nintendo pretty much announced that there won't be ANY more games made for the DS from this point on, so... if it is a new Pokemon game than it'll be for the 3DS or maybe even the Wii U for all we know.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:06 am

Damn there's some news I missed...Oh well...

I guess I'll have to get myself a 3DS then.
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwi on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:55 am

Backpedaling a bit here: Count, what are these hints to an Emerald remake you talked about? I'm interested.

AND YOU COULD SAY THE LOVE/HATE THING ON BW1... IS ALL BLACK AND WHITE. I'm sorry.
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

PSN : ChaosKiwi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:01 am

I'm just going to paste in a post from a recent PM to Ipool:

Oh, so Diving becoming an HM in the fifth generation doesn't even slightly hint towards a Gen III remake? Or how in Emerald you could gain one of the Johto starters and the next remake was HeartGold and SoulSilver and in said games you could obtain a Hoenn starter? Not to mention how in the third generation, there was a visitor from Kanto in Lilycove and then we got FireRed and Leafgreen. Now we got Steven inHeart Gold and Soul SilverThen we got the traveler at the Hotel Grand Lake which tacked about past sites in Pokemon generations he would love to se agin, these sights consisting of the Clefairy dance at Mt. Moon, a Rainbow-colored Pokémon at the Tin Tower, a Silver-colored Pokémon at the Whirl Islands, and a rocket launching into space at the Space Center. The most interesting thing here is that the Clefairy dance only happens in Kanto in the second generation, so that was clearly hinting towards Gen II remakes. Guess which one we haven't seen remade yet? Also, here's one major thing that I haven't seen been noticed. In the the top floor of the Game Freak building in Heart Gold/SoulSilver, look at the blue mat the president is standing on. if you look at the design, you'll actually recognize that it's an actual DIVE SPOT like the ones you'd find in Gen III, with a dark rectangle in the middle and then waves encircling it to mark the boundary in whee you can or can't dive. Not to mention he has to be wearing a green suit which could possibly represent Pokemon Emerald. There's also a guy in Desert Resort mentions Go Go Goggles, a person in Undella Town is from Hoenn, etc. Also, after the player catches all of the Seven Sages, Looker says that N was spotted with Reshiram in another region (In between BW 1 and BW2), so that means that N will probably be in a future game taking place within that period.

I think that the reveal is either this, Gen 6, or Pokemon Rainbow. Although surprisingly, I find myself siding with Pokemon Rainbow the most. Despite how cliche and outlandish it seems, there's a bunch of evidence that seems to point towards considering how there are lots of hints for a new Eeveelution to be revealed in the anime on Thursday actually, the Gen III remake hints would technically fit into here too since Rainbow has all four regions, and it's just way too soon for a Generation VI in my opinion. Since with Black and White, Game Freak's been trying to shake things up, so I wouldn't be to surprised to see Rainbow having some new Pokemon despite not being in a new region to be honest. I mean, I'm taking it with a grain of salt of course, but still...
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:38 am

Some people did html diving its a 3ds game. 4.5hrs to go
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:51 am

lpool, I was referring to the EXCESS of stones and random evolution-kickstarters that are only available in that game. Johto did it to an extent, but it got too much to bear in Sinnoh.

I also heavily doubt Rainbow, because there's almost no way they could fit all four regions on a 3DS cartridge, even one of the really expensive-to-manufacture 4GB ones. If it's a console game, perhaps, but there's almost no way they could get a 3DS game to do as much as the first three regions, let alone the first four. Not to mention Game Freak has said it's a hassle to resprite every single Pokemon with a new generation, so going to a new one would be a bit of a shocker to say the least, ESPECIALLY if it's a 3D one. (Hell, I'm kind of surprised Game Freak went 3DS at all at this point, considering they're actually the ones who have a say in what console their games go on. As a second-party developer, they need to make money, so going to the 3DS is a bit of a risk considering a good number of their userbase is still on the old DS.)
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:17 am

Spoiler:
Well, feel free to laugh in my face now. It is a new generation. You were right Ipool, i submit defeat. It's just too freaking soon in my opinion though...

Anyways, it looks like this will be another duo of Pokemon games. Strangely enough, they're named Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, no fooling. Here's the stream and the trailer by itself:

So, it's for 3DS and has fully 3D sprites. At least I got that prediction right lol. And for the new legendaries, we have a giant Y-shaped dragon and able deer legendary with multiple huge antlers and X's in each of its eyes. I'l be honest, this is the first time where I've been truly impressed or invested in new legendary mascot designs, although that was bound to happen eventually. The new starters are also Chespin (Grass and I have no idea what this animal is specifically based off of), Fennekin(A fire fox. Yeah, totally didn't see that one coming. XD ), and Froakie (A water frog).

With all of these images, I think it's fair to say that the newest region will be based on France considering the architecture. Lastly, thank god that these games will be released worldwide at the same time. Hopefully Square Enix starts taking notes on this sort of thing. As for the version names, I honestly think these legendaries might have some reference to chromosomes, or at least having a general DNA theme. Also, what about a Pokemon U to go long with these other letters...

So, what do you guys think? it's time to either start saving up for a 3DS for this interested or jump off the Poke-Cruise because I already have mine lol.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwi on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:44 am

I did not expect that
I was expecting, like, Grey or EarthRuby/SeaSaphhire/SkyEmerald or some shit.
But a new generation? Only two years after this one started? Ballsy move, Gamefreak.
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by I-Dentity- on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:40 am

I'm super excited for the game! bounce A new generation is fine by me and the new Pokémons they have shown look pretty fun! :) Also the combat looks amazing! They have taken a big step forward with that! I can't wait! bounce
I-Dentity-
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : I-Dentity-

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:32 pm

First count....I WIN! No new eevee though weird. It looks awesome. I guess I'm getting a 3ds then a vita. This is a killer app for ANYTHING
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:11 pm

Kiwi wrote:I did not expect that
I was expecting, like, Grey or EarthRuby/SeaSaphhire/SkyEmerald or some shit.
But a new generation? Only two years after this one started? Ballsy move, Gamefreak.
There is NO way GameFreak made this decision. A fully 3D Pokemon game takes up so many resources that Nintendo most definitely had to pay GameFreak a LOT more up-front to start this one.

That said, I didn't get to give my dark horse prediction that I thought of about 30 minutes ago while lying in bed (I'm really sick right now, so this popped into my mind randomly), so I'm gonna tell you what it is now, only because it was kind of close. I was going to predict a possible 3D Mystery Dungeon game, but Nintendo revealed it first.

Although it's obvious they're out of names for games now (as if BW2 didn't already tell us that), this doesn't look too bad at first glance. I want to see if they keep the wonky stats setups they started doing in Gen V, but otherwise this looks pretty good. I have a few concerns, mainly size, but this may be the game that gets me to buy an original, cheap 3DS in like 10 months or so. Then again, by then there will be another 3DS model or two (I'm holding that against you, Miyamoto), so I might get the 3DSiLiteXLProSniper. So long as the only thing similar to BW1 is the good story and they don't make such controversial changes (I feel like this is going to be just 3D Pokemon, which isn't a bad thing), I'm pretty sold.
DP
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:47 pm

Dp you know about gates to infinity right?

Anyway this was too big to be a spin of even pmd
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwi on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:47 pm

Wait wait wait guys
Based on the fact that the Bird Legendary (Y-Vern?) and the Deer Legendary (A-X-ntler?) are shaped like a Y and X, respectively, we can determine the third legendary will be Z-shaped.

My money is on a Dragon.
Kiwi
You're too slow!
You're too slow!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:49 pm

Yeah it'll be z with kyurem like set up for the story it'll be . Dragon water calling it. Also I think the names are just to justify making pokemon u
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CraZALYNormal13 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:08 pm

Wow a new generation already. I choosing the frog starter. :P

I like the cel-shaded 3D graphic, though. :)
CraZALYNormal13
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : n0rmal94

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Tetiro on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:51 pm

Fully 3D graphics? About fucking time! I have longed for full 3D!
King_Tetiro
Lombax
Lombax

PSN : KingTetiro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by papertoonz on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:50 pm

a new pokemon game in 3D well then it's a good thing i got a 3DS cause it's more thatn likely i'm gonna get this

i still want my ruby sapphire though
papertoonz
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : cj5_4_ever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CraZALYNormal13 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:21 pm

I wonder if we will be able to bring the pokemons from the ds games to the 3ds.
CraZALYNormal13
Death To All
Death To All

PSN : n0rmal94

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:26 pm

probably. hopefully not as gimicky as the launcher. I'm changing my avatar over this.
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top