[ 2 ]
29% 29% 
[ 4 ]
21% 21% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 14

Story: What would you do with power? RATED 14+

Post by Chaosdreams on Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:37 am

Say you had five options to live a life unlike any other. You aren't alone with having a unique ability, but you will face obstacles and challenges unlike any other. Powers that will define your past, yet give you an unprecedented future. One in which you can imagine and create. Will you be good or evil? I will be listing you five paths you can walk. Which one will you choose?

Note: Please take the time to read and enjoy, although I'm sure there's some grammatical errors, or a few spots where the sentence structure isn't great. I am proud enough, or confident enough, to label myself a writer. No, I do not have published works, but I do have two books I've written and plan to rewrite to fix errors and bring forth it's true potential. So read, enjoy, and partake in this journey of five paths. I look forward to seeing what kind of man you truly are. And for any females, simple read this in the context of a females life. And please, after reading take time to answer in the pole.

---

1. The power to control gravity: You discover this at birth, since upon being delivered your mother dies from massive blood loss which is caused from you pulling it towards you. There you lie in front of your father covered in blood. He with all of his self control, raises you. But he doesn't find the will to love you. He puts you through school, yet prior to this he consistently beats you so that you don't use your power, ever. Years pass and you make friends but you never let them come to your house. You always go to theirs. Then when high school rolls around, things get tough. People pick on your friends and eventually you. You aren't a geek by any means, you are quite normal. But there's something that males find threatening about you. As for the females, they find something about you that's alarming yet attractive.

One day you are cornered by a group of five males. They corner you and pummel you with fists and kicks. You hold back with all of your might, remembering your fathers words. Then, with a final kick, you lay on the ground on the verge of passing out. Your face feels like it's been slammed against concrete...and it has. With what will be a scar running down the side of your face, you watch the five males talk to one another. You begin to question the point of living if you are forced to keep what makes you different inside. Is your power truly bad? Or are you simply being held back on purpose.

When one of the guys pulls out a knife and smiles, and the others nod their heads in agreement. You snap and lift yourself up from the ground with your power. They stare puzzled and then proceed to run at you. In a second, they are pushed back and crushed beneath the pressure of your power. There you stand, a killer, one who up till then has been held in the darkness by things you had no control over. But you control gravity, you can change things, but ultimately, you can become a god. Will you choose this path and shape the future, a future that leads you to your death at the age of 55? A death caused by an explosion to great for you to handle. Or does the past scare you to much? Are you unsure that the possibilities to this point are worth it? Are you afraid?

-

2. The power of the right hand: At the age of five you're walking home from your friends house. He only lives two blocks from yours. Your sister is walking with you since she's always looking after you, she's twelve. But tonight is different, tonight a man who hunts for children is lurking in the shadows. When the two of you turn onto your street, he jumps out from the park and grabs a hold of you. He pulls you into the park quickly. Your sister in the heat of the moment, runs after you. Unfortunately, she's the target. Once the street is far away, he throws you down and grabs a hold of her. Things that shouldn't take place, do. And as you watch her fall victim to this mans lustrous touch. You feel a power of your own surge up within you. Your fist begins to feel unnaturally heavy. But you with your five years of live, manage to form it into a fist. You run at him and punch him in the jaw, and with one hit his face shatters. You turn to your sister with tears of happiness, but she looks back at you pale as a ghost. Her eyes are gone, her throat had been twisted from the man when you struck him. You stand there for what feels like hours. You look at her and think back to how she's always watched over you. Unable to move, to young to think it out in a rational way, you fall to your knees and hold her. Tears stream for hours until the neighborhood searches for you and finds you clutching your sister. They see the man and connect the dots, but his shattered face causes questions to arise that are never answered.

Your life goes back to what would seemingly be normal. But you remember that power everyday, and you train it constantly. You begin to understand that you have the fist of a titan, the power of a man who can turn steel into dust. The ultimate punch. Will you choose this path to walk a life where you've lost what was most precious to you, yet be able to defend your loved ones from now on? Or with this power, are you going to hunt down those who hunt for children and crush them. Crush all that you deem to be evil. With this path you will die at the age of 34 in a fight against a hundred men, saving a young girl from the hands of a notorious child abduction agency. Will you become the man of the right hand?

-

3. A vampire who was chosen: You are normal, in the sense that the life you've had as of now is the life you will have until you are 22. The friends you've met, the girlfriends you've had, the fights you've been in. The tests you've failed and passed. Everything is the same. Yet on your 23rd birthday you go out to a party. You aren't into them lately because you feel as if it's just a source of trouble. But your closest friends as well as your current girlfriend tell you that your 23rd birthday is the most important. Something they tell you each and every year since you were 20. You go out into the night and it starts off all well and fun. You form memories and make your way to the ultimate event, the party within the cities depth, dungeon lust. A place that's known to be only found by those who seek it, and enjoyed by those who enter. Yet what they don't tell you is that within it's depth lies the foundations to your end. A party of vampires sucking on the living.

You find out to late, and in moments your friends are taken from you one at a time. Torn apart and fed on. The last is your best friend, you watch him get pulled into the crowd. As you reach out to save him, you feel a trickle of pain on your neck. Everything goes fuzzy. You wake up later, told you are now a vampire. Given all the details, that food means nothing and you've been given a gift. Because you were chosen, instead of becoming cattle. When you ask about your friends you are silenced, told to get over it or you will be torn apart. So, in fear, you listen.

Months pass, years, eventually you become what would be normally in human years, 202. You've seen the world pass, cities crumble. You aren't ancient like those around you who share the same fate, but you feel hollow inside. Constantly reminded of what took place and what was taken from you. Then one day you hear about a different kind of vampire, one who is slaying everything. Humans, vampires, every kind of animal. The figure is bent on destruction. You eventually run into him and see that it's your best friend. He looks at you and instantly recognizes you. But the greeting doesn't go as planned. He offers you a choice since of the short time together you shared. Do you wish to join him and destroy the world? Or fight him and upon death, be given the possibility of seeing your loved ones in the after life. A tale that you are unsure of. You raise your fists, determined to live yet aching to die. Will you choose this lonely fate? Will you live for eternity and shape the world? Will you live in the night?

-

4. Half human, half something else: On your fourteenth birthday, you are in a car crash. Nobody else dies, your family is safe. But your body is brutally damaged. You are rushed to the hospital and remain in critical condition for hours. When the doctors announce to your family that you won't make it, they cry their hearts out. You rest on the bed covered in white sheets, listening to your ticking heart beet. You've never loved, you only had a crush. You never got to finish school, win the 100 meter run you trained for all year. And when you begin to feel your eyes grow heavy, when you start to damn the world for such a cruel fate, a woman walks into your room. You've never seen her before, and you don't care who she is. You begin to close your eyes. But she grabs a hold of your face. Angered, you open your eyes and stare into hers. They puzzle you, even scare you. They are crimson red. She looks into the depths of your soul and asks you, "do you want to live, a life longer then the rest?" You clench your fist and feel tears form on your eyelids, how dare she ask you such a thing. You shout out "of course I want to live, I have so much to live for, I can't just die!" and with this answer she smiles. "Then you'll be like me, barely human."

You find out later that she's already discussed things with your family. And made an appeal to the government to perform an experiment on you. Unfortunately you aren't sure if what's taking place is a gift or a curse. When all is said and done, you look at yourself in the mirror. Your right arm and lower abdomens as well as both of your legs are replaced with cybernetic parts. Then you reach out and touch your face, you see that even your eyes are different. "You will be faster, stronger then ever before. You can live for twice the time frame you would've been granted as a human" she says while walking into the room. There you stand in front of the mirror, will you take this fate? Will you become something that isn't completely human, yet able to live and achieve new heights. Love isn't out of the question, but certainly something that will be hard to find. Will you become half a man, half a cyborg? To live for a hundred and twenty five years with the intelligence to shape the future and bring forth new heights in technology. Yet always remain and appear as the 14 year old boy you were in the car crash.

-

5. A guardian angel: Is heaven real? You always ponder over this. But as far as you know, the thought of another place is pointless. You accept the world for what it truly is, dark and cruel yet beautiful when all else has failed. You live your life the best way you can, love multiple people, form countless bonds. You are respected and also hated. At the age of 25 you are a victim to a man who snaps. He goes on a massacre and kills you and countless others inside of your work. He used to be a fellow employee. There you lie, life flashing before your eyes. Everyone you ever cared about, everything you ever worked for, disappearing. And you smile, for some reason this causes you to feel happy. You wanted to die.

But others want you to live, to exist. When white lights strike you, and faith awakens you. A new destiny is given to you. Wings appear on your back, and you are cased in brilliant white armor. Told to protect Earth from all that surrounds you. When you are sent back you are hesitant at first, watching other angels, the few that exist, protect humans in many shapes and forms. Guiding them to walk in a different way to avoid death, hugging them to bring comfort. You find the entire thing hard to take in, and during this time you see her, the most beautiful girl in the world, in your eyes at least.

You immediately see an approaching death. You look around quickly and see no other angels in sight. You know you have to save her, but how? You never payed close enough attention. This was different, it wasn't natural. Something dark was coming. So in a last ditch effort, you fly to her and hover over her protectively. She can't see you, but begins to feel warmth. In a flash, the ground in front of her bursts open and a claw breaches and takes hold of the edge. A demon pulls itself out. You stare at it in horror. It roars, and you notice the girls scream. She can see it, but not you. It runs at her, and you face it head on. She watches the demon start to fight something, something she can't see, you. As moments pass you strike it down and slay it. And as the blood of the demon bursts into the air, she sees you for a few seconds. You look at her and she falls in love. From this moment forward, you are her guardian angel. However you will remain invisible and can only be seen upon slaying the demon, something in which only hunts her. You don't know why, you aren't given the answers. But you protect her eveyday, and she knows you are close. She speaks to you and you listen. Although the loneliness of not being able to love her hits you everyday, you refuse to become cold. Yet even angels are destined to die. A demon will eventually show up and kill her, but you don't know the day or time. Will you take this lonely fate filled with love and compassion? Will you become the guardian angel?
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

PSN : Chaosdreams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Story: What would you do with power? RATED 14+

Post by dragonfire111 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:03 am

im gonna go with number 4 being a cyborg would be quite the unique experience
with my new cybernetic implants i would become more intelligent and able to make the world a better place with amazing inventions
dragonfire111
King of Dreamland
King of Dreamland

PSN : dragonfire111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lpool1996moh on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:24 am

cyborg. and i'd be like cyborg from teen titans except not black
lpool1996moh
All-Star
All-Star

PSN : lpool1996moh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jechtsphere on Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:44 am

I choose Guardian Angel, I'm very protective of those I care for and would face anything head on. I've actually kinda dreamed that when I die I hope I could be some kind of guardian or warrior angel protecting others from demons and evil even if it meant my very soul could be destroyed if I were to die as an angel. Plus once she is in heaven I could join her so it wouldn't be so terrible. I think how you see things as a soul and as a human would be different.
Jechtsphere
Staff
Staff

PSN : Jechtsphere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0CTAVE on Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:39 pm

Jechtsphere wrote:I choose Guardian Angel, I'm very protective of those I care for and would face anything head on. I've actually kinda dreamed that when I die I hope I could be some kind of guardian or warrior angel protecting others from demons and evil even if it meant my very soul could be destroyed if I were to die as an angel. Plus once she is in heaven I could join her so it wouldn't be so terrible. I think how you see things as a soul and as a human would be different.
This sums up my thoughts.

Amazing work Chaos, it was very entertaining!
0CTAVE
Staff
Staff

PSN : Slayer5228

View user profile http://pastadium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:37 pm

I decided to go and pick a different choice than everybody else and picked Vampire's Kiss. It's mainly due to the fact that I'v always wondered if I could ever be given the chance to somehow watch over, not be too known, but try to protect life from all over. And not just one person either, but every life I can possibly conceive around me. It's just that I feel obligated to try and protect everybody, like I owe them a debt and have barely done any good. While it will cause me great pain to watch as loved ones die and old habitats crumble, it will slowly teach me that I chose this path for them and not me, so I may have to become distant towards personal bonds. I'll feel obligated to try and take the burden for humanity's flaws it it means that I'll have an eternity to try and find the satisfaction that I've payed what I have believed that I've owed to society. Yet I will always fear that one day, I may let someone or something too close to me that if I lose, then it ill forever break my morality and reduce me to what I've been combatting for decades. It would reduce me to being hollow both interiorly and exteriorly, to the point where I will secretly crave the sweet bless of death's hand.

Wow, that turned out to be a better monologue than I expected. But don't get me wrong though, that is personally what I may want to choose, as twisted as it may seem to some.Thanks for the nice read Chaos, it really made me ponder and consider various choices for a while. And I was a bit surprised when I saw that the cyborg path's age would have me stay my current age for life, which is what really got me thinking. So once again, thanks! :)
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

PSN : CountMario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:59 pm

Count Mario wrote:I decided to go and pick a different choice than everybody else and picked Vampire's Kiss. It's mainly due to the fact that I'v always wondered if I could ever be given the chance to somehow watch over, not be too known, but try to protect life from all over. And not just one person either, but every life I can possibly conceive around me. It's just that I feel obligated to try and protect everybody, like I owe them a debt and have barely done any good. While it will cause me great pain to watch as loved ones die and old habitats crumble, it will slowly teach me that I chose this path for them and not me, so I may have to become distant towards personal bonds. I'll feel obligated to try and take the burden for humanity's flaws it it means that I'll have an eternity to try and find the satisfaction that I've payed what I have believed that I've owed to society. Yet I will always fear that one day, I may let someone or something too close to me that if I lose, then it ill forever break my morality and reduce me to what I've been combatting for decades. It would reduce me to being hollow both interiorly and exteriorly, to the point where I will secretly crave the sweet bless of death's hand.

Wow, that turned out to be a better monologue than I expected. But don't get me wrong though, that is personally what I may want to choose, as twisted as it may seem to some.Thanks for the nice read Chaos, it really made me ponder and consider various choices for a while. And I was a bit surprised when I saw that the cyborg path's age would have me stay my current age for life, which is what really got me thinking. So once again, thanks! :)

No problem, these form of ideas pop into my mind into a matter of minutes lol So I'm glad it got you thinking and you enjoyed the experience. I personally chose the man of the right fist. I've always pictured myself dying while fighting to save someone. Although the guardian angel option is truly appealing, I don't think that eternal loneliness of almost being able to love would be something I could handle.
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:08 pm

True, true. But if an eternity of suffering and isolation meat the protection of any life I could possibly try to save, then I'd sadly feel obligated to do it. You know that cliche Spider-Man saying of "With great power some great responsibility?" Well, it's basically that taken to the most extreme, if you had to sum up why I picked it in one sentence. Moral-wise, I would be okay with my penance being the solution to the sang of someone's life. Now that I think about it, this would make an epic comic book/manga for sure.

And I always love your threads Chaos! Better not stop making 'em...
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:15 pm

Count Mario wrote:True, true. But if an eternity of suffering and isolation meat the protection of any life I could possibly try to save, then I'd sadly feel obligated to do it. You know that cliche Spider-Man saying of "With great power some great responsibility?" Well, it's basically that taken to the most extreme, if you had to sum up why I picked it in one sentence. Moral-wise, I would be okay with my penance being the solution to the sang of someone's life. Now that I think about it, this would make an epic comic book/manga for sure.

And I always love your threads Chaos! Better not stop making 'em...

Well I have two books already written with an intense story lol So these five ideas on the forum aren't really all that important to me. I mean, super fun to write that's for sure. I could easily turn each one of these into a story. But that being said, it's officially up for grabs if someone had the balls to try and take it.

I don't plan to make another thread like this one. But threads in general sure.

Also, each path had it's fair share of suffering and isolation. It's about which one we'd be able to go through with. And which power we'd want in return. Gravity that will ultimately lead to your destruction, power to destroy anything through the right fist but remain human, turning into a vampire that debates fighting versus dying, becoming a cyborg that remains at the age of 14 in appearance yet can make technology go forward, or living a normal life and then become a guardian angel in which your true love is always so close yet so far.
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mario on Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:24 pm

Yeah, I kind of meant in general. I always appreciate the threads you type up. :)

And I pretty much got the morals you were trying to convey with each story. Believe me, I wasn't trying to say the one I picked has the most sacrifice or anything, no, quite the opposite. I guess it was the one that appealed the most to me, mainly because I'm a sucker for stories about loss, sacrifice, and emotional suffering lol.
Count Mario
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:44 pm

Count Mario wrote:Yeah, I kind of meant in general. I always appreciate the threads you type up. :)

And I pretty much got the morals you were trying to convey with each story. Believe me, I wasn't trying to say the one I picked has the most sacrifice or anything, no, quite the opposite. I guess it was the one that appealed the most to me, mainly because I'm a sucker for stories about loss, sacrifice, and emotional suffering lol.

lol I did my best to try and balance them all out. Otherwise everyone would pick the easiest option. Anyways thanks for participating. This also helps me figure out if people like my style of writing. It's an experiment if you will.
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondewolf41196 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:48 pm

I have to say amazing thread..

Ive changed my opinion after re-reading..I couldn't do the angel one..for a few reasons... but anyway Id go with the vampire kiss that one would be pretty cool.

Last edited by Blondewolf41196 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blondewolf41196
Tingle
Tingle

PSN : Blondewolf41196

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro-Hem on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:37 am

Looks like I'll be making myself the villain/anti-hero with "Gravities Gift"...
Why? Because, so far, all you heroes and guardians don't have anything to keep you occupied, but mortal beings that have decided to kill, rob, etc. The backstory also reminds me of a couple of scenarios that have been going through my head for the past couple of years that I just can't get out. If I had that life where every day was a living hell, I'd probably snap... I wouldn't necessarily be the "bad guy" though, but certainly not a hero. Hero's try to keep within their own rule set, so as to not cause damage or hurt anybody innocent. Villains/anti-heroes do what they want. I could be one of the least damaging anti-heroes out there, or I could be one of the most evil, psycho villains out there. Get in my way, and it looks like your life is next for me to take. (Of course, I'm not like that in real life, but if I was to go through that kind of backstory, I could only imagine...)

Plus, some of my favorite heroes and/or villains are the psychotic ones that the opposite side just can't seem to stop no matter what.

Great thread, as I sat here for a while going over everything carefully. Then I looked at the comments and decided on my character.
(BTW, this reminds me of HummingBird from "Deadman Wonderland," which my friend and I just got through watching. I liked it and was kind of sad to hear that it wasn't very popular in Japan)
Pyro-Hem
Pikmin
Pikmin

PSN : Pyro-hem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by spongebob562 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:57 am

I go with angel. I always have felt that one day, I will protect the world (if possible) and my loved ones. I have felt this way my whole life.
spongebob562
Mmm Cake
Mmm Cake

PSN : spongebob562

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:58 am

I'm glad you enjoyed it Pyro-Hem. It makes me happy to know it's causing people to think and evaluate while also having some fun. As for deadman wonderland, I've heard mixed rumors. One being that they plan to do a second season. But to that I question how they plan that when they messed up the first half by not including certain key characters. However, the manga is still going on, though I think it's close to an end (might be done.) It's quite good. If the anime continued it would've been entertaining. But alas, Japan decides and we enjoy for free for the most part.
Chaosdreams
Staff
Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrEpic on Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:58 pm

Greatl Everything! I'd like to be a vampire in general, but as an assassanation/hitman kind of deal. Hunting people down and killing them for money.
MrEpic
PACL Champion
PACL Champion

PSN : MrEpic1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DP on Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:15 am

Although Guardian Angel would probably fit my personality the best of these, I went with the Cyborg option simply because it'd be both the least traumatic in many ways and also because having robot arms would be cool.

Not the response one'd usually expect from me, but hey, I like robot arms! Cool
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaosdreams on Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:14 pm

YAY Glad to see people participated.
Chaosdreams
Staff