If You Were In Charge of Capcom

View previous topic View next topic Go down

If You Were In Charge of Capcom

Post by BigBox on Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:44 am

I pretty much would follow a business plan similar to Nintendo and SEGA combined

• Clean house and fire anyone that needs fired. (mostly suits that know nothing about game design and think only about money)
  • Reboot: Resident Evil and Mega Man
  • Create two separate developer teams that only do one thing.  Team Evil and Mega Team.
  • Give Ninja Theory a chance to make a second DmC to see where their vision is going.  (The game was really fun to play, and they deserve that much for making a great game.)
  • Look into getting Keji and Shinji back and let them both take charge of the respective Team Evil and Mega Team.
  • Look into some lesser known titles to see if they can become something.
  • Look into a publishing deal with Hideo Kojima.
  • Bottle Caps. ( Similar to Nintendo's Amiibo's, but more for collection purpose only, because lazy DLC hidden in the form of a well designed and poorly stocked figurine is still lazy DLC.)
  • Purchase the movie rights to Resident Evil from Sony and look into movie partnership with Legendary, Sony or Warner Bros. (The key to this partnership is that they don't own the movie rights if done with Sony.)

all of this seems pretty good so far, but I'm sure that there's more than can be done to better this company.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If You Were In Charge of Capcom

Post by DP on Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:15 pm

I agree with all but the Bottle Caps idea. Minifigs are already getting oversaturated so I think it's best to leave it be, especially if they have no inherent game value. 

The only missed addition I can see is Monster Hunter on PS4. Or, even more crazily, on Xbox One. Make a shit ton of money from exclusivity on a new game and then Microsoft sits back and watches their Japan sales jump quite a bit for a little while. Either way is fine with me, preferably PS4.

And for fuck's sake, make a Mega Man game. Remakes are okay, a TV show is cool I guess, and a movie with Fox made by the director of Fantastic Four (the new one) is...well, something I guess, but we just want games. Preferably good ones. After having beaten the entire Classic series in a matter of a couple weeks (excluding 2, 9, and 10, which I beat a few weeks prior to that), I would love more.
DP
Staff
Staff

PSN : DivinePaladin27

View user profile http://GamingNewsHub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBox on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 pm

Minifigs are really oversaturated, and it's definitely something that you can just put on shelves because they'll just sit there.  The best way of going with this would be to under stock them at first and see how they do, similar to what Nintendo does with the Amiibo.  However, with one defining rule; 1 of the same per-customer.

I did forget about Monster Hunter, I would look into the contract they have with Nintendo and say if there's any way to get out of it.  Making more money on this franchise would be best and putting in the hands of more gamers would also be best.

I may not be a fan of the Mega Man franchise, I really don't like it at all.  But, something new has to be done with it and it has to be good.
BigBox
Metal Gear Ray
Metal Gear Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top